Jump to content


Lemming trainwrecks


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Schiavoser-x #1 Posted 23 February 2021 - 04:40 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 42674 battles
  • 1,460
  • Member since:
    09-21-2016
Why are there so many... still?

atwilliams07-p #2 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:27 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 41927 battles
  • 827
  • Member since:
    03-25-2017

Too many players who:

1) Have a poor understanding of what "map control" means!

2) Don't really know where to go on maps to be effective!

3) Don't want to get left behind ("safety in numbers" theory)!

4) Saw a lemming train be successful once!

 



bighirsh55-p #3 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:38 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 2516 battles
  • 340
  • [ADOGS]
  • Member since:
    10-07-2020
Sure way not to lemming train, play a Churchill. 

The Psyclepath-x #4 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:44 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 21661 battles
  • 315
  • Member since:
    04-27-2014
Two games tonight on Cliff and in both games my team spawned in the SW corner. Both times the entire team sat in the bottom SW quadrant of the map. Besides me, no one climbed to the next level. We surrendered 75% of the map and all the high ground. Both games were over in a few minutes.  


ThorrOdinson616-p #5 Posted 23 February 2021 - 05:51 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 20499 battles
  • 272
  • Member since:
    08-13-2018

View PostThe Psyclepath-x, on 22 February 2021 - 11:44 PM, said:

Two games tonight on Cliff and in both games my team spawned in the SW corner. Both times the entire team sat in the bottom SW quadrant of the map. Besides me, no one climbed to the next level. We surrendered 75% of the map and all the high ground. Both games were over in a few minutes.  

 

 

I don't know when this tendency started but when a tank goes to one side the others follow him like a caravan, in fact the same thing happens to me very often as the above fellow when I play platoon in NA (most of my acquaintances play there) and it almost always ends in certain defeat (When I play alone I always play in EU, this is my 2nd consecutive year in EU since I started playing).

 

This is commonly seen and happens in every game on the NA server, there is no game in which this does not happen and the games last less than 5min. If in NA they pass 5 minutes it's a miracle.

 

In the European server it happens but less frequently than in NA, in every 10 games it happens in 2 or 3 at most.

 

As a bonus, in the NA server most of the players are XBOX players while in the EU most of them are PS players, you can check it by yourselves.

 



RaggaMuffinReap-x #6 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:36 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 32466 battles
  • 1,301
  • [DOOMU]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View Postbighirsh55-p, on 23 February 2021 - 05:38 AM, said:

Sure way not to lemming train, play a Churchill. 

 

you still have to follow the train to an extent, dont go other to flank on your own. 

Be totally prepeared to drive back early, youre a bit slow to lead train

 

Lemming trains

It dumb, its stupid, and you only need 5 of you the other side to put up a decent fight. 

 



TetsuoChou-p #7 Posted 23 February 2021 - 06:40 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25645 battles
  • 415
  • Member since:
    01-11-2016

...they’ve won numerous games using lemming trains...so it continues...
 

...until they meet a player or two or even a whole team that puts the hammer down stopping it dead and then perhaps on that occasion as skill4ltu would they say they’ll start considering their life choices



FBPrime-x #8 Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:12 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 58733 battles
  • 1,931
  • [CH1MP]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013
Games are heavily tilted due to the clump of people who continuously play with an unsportsmanlike mentality.  AFKers, quitting early, trolls (physics abuse, etc), suicides in the first 30 seconds of the game.  Even just give people who perform any of these feats creates a massive lopsided game p I'll potentially.  And to this day there are no significant penalties for foul play, so there isn't much incentive for people to change their ways.

"The 360 was released in 2005. The Super Nintendo was released in 1991. With the new Gen next year, the 360 will be farther behind the newest console than the Super Nintendo was behind the 360."


EIIoco ger-x #9 Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:55 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18169 battles
  • 503
  • [NFFY]
  • Member since:
    03-02-2018

View Postbighirsh55-p, on 23 February 2021 - 05:38 AM, said:

Sure way not to lemming train, play a Churchill. 

 

Good one!
Spoiler
“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” – Stephen Hawking

Adi_Waw_PL-p #10 Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:02 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 9798 battles
  • 62
  • Member since:
    02-24-2016

View Postbighirsh55-p, on 23 February 2021 - 05:38 AM, said:

Sure way not to lemming train, play a Churchill. 

 

It is true that it is old material, but it is worth mentioning :playing:

 

 

 


Edited by Adi_Waw_PL-p, 23 February 2021 - 11:03 AM.


SpartanFire71-x #11 Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:08 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23964 battles
  • 4,740
  • Member since:
    01-02-2016
One thing is the dumb spawn points in the corners.  It encourages trains because if you go one way, you can be spotted in the open with no cover.  Those were some well thought out spawns.... oh wait, well thought out, ha ha

 

 

 

 


STEVEN S33 SKA-x #12 Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:22 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 1749 battles
  • 1,091
  • Member since:
    12-04-2016

View Postbighirsh55-p, on 23 February 2021 - 05:38 AM, said:

Sure way not to lemming train, play a Churchill. 

 

That just hurts me inside! Its my favourite "Crew Skill" upgrades tank

Premium Tanks:                     T14 - M6A2E1 - T34 - Churchill III - IS-2 Berlin - Fatherland IS3-A - Captured KV-1 - King Tiger

 

WOT PC Profile:                                          http://worldoftanks.eu/en/community/accounts/500290942-skaerials
 


Offroadx65-x #13 Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:24 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13600 battles
  • 238
  • Member since:
    12-24-2016

The problem isn't lemming train as strategy as more gun tubes on target will always win.

The problem is the people doing it stop as soon as they see a tank, bottling everyone else up behind them.....so you don't have more gun tubes on target....

 

Lead tanks have to be willing to take hits and potentially die, for the rest of the train to overwhelm the enemy......... unfortunately alot of those doing it, don't grasp that concept.

 



STEVEN S33 SKA-x #14 Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:28 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 1749 battles
  • 1,091
  • Member since:
    12-04-2016

View PostOffroadx65-x, on 23 February 2021 - 11:24 AM, said:

The problem isn't lemming train as strategy as more gun tubes on target will always win.

The problem is the people doing it stop as soon as they see a tank, bottling everyone else up behind them.....so you don't have more gun tubes on target....

 

I go out first with a flank and look for a single decent player in the team as it starts. Normally if you show your playing sensibly you will get one or two club together and get a great game with support.

Premium Tanks:                     T14 - M6A2E1 - T34 - Churchill III - IS-2 Berlin - Fatherland IS3-A - Captured KV-1 - King Tiger

 

WOT PC Profile:                                          http://worldoftanks.eu/en/community/accounts/500290942-skaerials
 


bighirsh55-p #15 Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:03 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 2516 battles
  • 340
  • [ADOGS]
  • Member since:
    10-07-2020

View PostSTEVEN S33 SKA-x, on 23 February 2021 - 11:28 AM, said:

 

I go out first with a flank and look for a single decent player in the team as it starts. Normally if you show your playing sensibly you will get one or two club together and get a great game with support.

Great point. Reading the team is a skill set in its own. 



bighirsh55-p #16 Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:06 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 2516 battles
  • 340
  • [ADOGS]
  • Member since:
    10-07-2020

View PostSTEVEN S33 SKA-x, on 23 February 2021 - 11:22 AM, said:

 

That just hurts me inside! Its my favourite "Crew Skill" upgrades tank

I play them all the time. I dont mind being the fat kid being picked last lol



Offroadx65-x #17 Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:16 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13600 battles
  • 238
  • Member since:
    12-24-2016
Part of the problem seems to be lack of aggression by most players, on the rare instances I get of teams spreading out, it's a sit fest, until people start yoloing out of frustration of everyone sitting and doing nothing.

Think the main culprit was the 6.0 accuracy buff. Scouts can't count on speed for survivability so are less active....everyone can snipe now, but hard to snipe if no one is scouting.....so the alternative is join the lemming trains

Coldstone10-p #18 Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:24 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 10774 battles
  • 631
  • [U-P-B]
  • Member since:
    01-10-2016

View PostOffroadx65-x, on 23 February 2021 - 02:16 PM, said:

Part of the problem seems to be lack of aggression by most players, on the rare instances I get of teams spreading out, it's a sit fest, until people start yoloing out of frustration of everyone sitting and doing nothing.

Think the main culprit was the 6.0 accuracy buff. Scouts can't count on speed for survivability so are less active....everyone can snipe now, but hard to snipe if no one is scouting.....so the alternative is join the lemming trains

 

You still can actively scout. yiu just have to take a more stealthy aproach instead of an all out speed and mobility one. And you have to be willing to hold your gunfire somewhat. Then you can accomullate support damage quite nicely. But most of lights are autoloaders now out there, so they think they can do it. Since these french abominations came up, scouting went down the toilet. And it gets worse with each new autoloader.

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which fails the last wins, its as easy as that.

 

 


Offroadx65-x #19 Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:39 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13600 battles
  • 238
  • Member since:
    12-24-2016

View PostColdstone10-p, on 23 February 2021 - 02:24 PM, said:

 

You still can actively scout. yiu just have to take a more stealthy aproach instead of an all out speed and mobility one. And you have to be willing to hold your gunfire somewhat. Then you can accomullate support damage quite nicely. But most of lights are autoloaders now out there, so they think they can do it. Since these french abominations came up, scouting went down the toilet. And it gets worse with each new autoloader.

And it's a bit of snowball effect, when I play scouts I generally would go scout where I knew reds would push..........now often the team will lemming away from where the reds will push...........not alot of exp just lighting em up if no one there to shoot them.

 

Agree slower semi passive scouting can still be effective.......though if the enemy has a yolo scout you can die instantly if lit up.

 

Just at times it seems to me some people are like "I love the accuracy buff" then complain about gameplay post buff...... When they are somewhat connected when the buff ruined play balance to derp guns ( they no longer need to close the range to hit targets) and severely nerfed a class's ability to active scout and survive. It lends itself to either campfest (which many, myself included, don't have patience for) or a lemming pack.



RaggaMuffinReap-x #20 Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:01 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 32466 battles
  • 1,301
  • [DOOMU]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostAdi_Waw_PL-p, on 23 February 2021 - 11:02 AM, said:

 

It is true that it is old material, but it is worth mentioning :playing:

 

 

 

 

a Chirch 3 is cheating. ch7 armour at tier 5. AND Pref (cause gun bad) 

Had a toon buddy that killed 2 tanks, on auto drive, auto aim

From the kitchen while making a fraking coffee, with me behind him calling out targets rough positions in degrees to him. 

But it does highlight muppets and their dumb lemming trains

It also highlights you cant fit 14 tanks dow one side of map, 






4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users