• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

UrticateArc6122-x #21 Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:01 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8436 battles

View Postkingrich06-x, on 23 February 2021 - 06:54 PM, said:

Has anyone played World of Warships?

I am thinking WG is starting to sell the commanders the same way they are being sold in chests on WoW...  I am not 100% but I think the commanders on chests in the store on WoW have a description and picture of the commander... I will check and confirm later

They could do with taking quite a few tips from WoW, I think. A lot slicker and beginner-friendly than WoTC 6.0.

"Sooner or later, all games become serious." - J.G. Ballard

kingrich06-x #22 Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:21 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 76385 battles

View PostUrticateArc6122-x, on 23 February 2021 - 02:01 PM, said:

They could do with taking quite a few tips from WoW, I think. A lot slicker and beginner-friendly than WoTC 6.0.

WoW economics is worse though, proportionately the highest tier ships are a ridiculous grind and cost a ton of silver.  they are selling ships skins, commanders and consumables like crazy... sadly WoW players are keeping that game alive and actually falling for all the $$$ money grabs...  WOTC is slowly turning into the way WoW is getting players to buy for everything, and have daily logins for daily chests with inky dinky consumables rewards with silver that can barely buy the ammo needed for one battle.

78 Tier X's, All Tech trees & Mercs grinded/in garage!! Need to farm 2+billion to equip all tanks.

NEXT to do: Get a crew, from every country, to Rank 17 with 25 skills. GERMANY done (wait,what??WG deleted them}

GOAL: Have every Tank, ACE Mastery with min MOE1 Tanks in the garage263 GOLD+457 TT=TOTAL: 720

craig3999-x #23 Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:53 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37426 battles
  • [JOCO]
Sold free crew (1 skill) from the 15 day op for 250k Silver - but I was going to bin it for nothing after it only had 1 skill

IBROX 04-x #24 Posted 23 February 2021 - 07:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23102 battles
  • [BNKR]
1250 gold a pop for a crew Lol. Just for a picture and after what happened with 6.0. I have all the novelty crews from the last sales. Training for ages and wg reset them. Nah I'll pass on crews. Thanks WG. Ain't falling for that again. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

BDaddy Cheno-x #25 Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37319 battles
  • [SPSR]

View Postkingrich06-x, on 23 February 2021 - 06:54 PM, said:

Has anyone played World of Warships?

I am thinking WG is starting to sell the commanders the same way they are being sold in chests on WoW...  I am not 100% but I think the commanders on chests in the store on WoW have a description and picture of the commander... I will check and confirm later

For those Commanders on Legends, you can direct purchase a Commander with Commander XP, and you can check their un-lockable skill sets.

"I'm going to deal with this the only way us Bundys know how----with swift and blinding violence." -----Kelly Bundy

kingrich06-x #26 Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:07 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 76385 battles

View PostBDaddy Cheno-x, on 23 February 2021 - 03:00 PM, said:

For those Commanders on Legends, you can direct purchase a Commander with Commander XP, and you can check their un-lockable skill sets.

I remember I got a anime Hood commander from one of the chests and she had extra perks and a particular skill set.  I was not too keen on spending GOLD and  tons of silver on WoW to buy another commander solely for their graphics...  I do that enough on here...

78 Tier X's, All Tech trees & Mercs grinded/in garage!! Need to farm 2+billion to equip all tanks.

NEXT to do: Get a crew, from every country, to Rank 17 with 25 skills. GERMANY done (wait,what??WG deleted them}

GOAL: Have every Tank, ACE Mastery with min MOE1 Tanks in the garage263 GOLD+457 TT=TOTAL: 720

Schiavoser-x #27 Posted 24 February 2021 - 02:28 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 43422 battles
We are limited to 9 perks now. It's a bummer. I don't see a point to commander XP boosts anymore.  I see the value to players who are starting out. But a commander with an innate bonus commander XP  gain is too finite to interest me anymore.

SeeYou5uka-x #28 Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:03 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 44674 battles
  • [IFEAR]
I'd like my 15 skill crew back these 9skill crews are bad . I'd like to keep improving my commanders to 26skills but you made a level cap. It sucks. I see the pc crew rework is far better in respects and as terrible as this . 

UltimoPit385186-x #29 Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:00 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 35906 battles

View PostSeeYou5uka-x, on 24 February 2021 - 07:03 AM, said:

I'd like my 15 skill crew back these 9skill crews are bad . I'd like to keep improving my commanders to 26skills but you made a level cap. It sucks. I see the pc crew rework is far better in respects and as terrible as this . 

Me too. It was part of the draw for me, tailoring crews for tanks. Now the 'tailoring' seems to generally picking which 9th skill to have. Woo.

kromhout55-x #30 Posted 24 February 2021 - 10:47 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 37968 battles

View PostUltimoPit385186-x, on 24 February 2021 - 10:00 AM, said:

Me too. It was part of the draw for me, tailoring crews for tanks. Now the 'tailoring' seems to generally picking which 9th skill to have. Woo.

I was in the same boat (pun intended ex Master Mariner :teethhappy:) I wasn't a great player but enjoyed the crew training aspect of the game.

Taking the time, effort with a lot of frustration and quite a bit of coin to build up to where I had a fifteen skill crew for every major nation. With at least a couple crews for all nations at ten or more skills/perks.

Then Decembre 15th hit us. :angry:

On that fateful day C&B smashed any the level of trust I had in them especially when I realized how deceitful they had been in the lead up to 6.0 dropping. Despite all their fixes/updates to remedy what they had done to the game I see nothing from them that addresses this aspect of 6.0. An apology would have been a start instead of telling us to just live with it.

Now they're selling Commanders and I can see on the not too distant horizon C&B selling Commanders with extra skill slots.

So they took away my fun from the game, I've taken my funds away from them and good luck to anyone who trusts C&B in the future.

Blackfire72195-x #31 Posted 24 February 2021 - 11:15 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36032 battles
  • [UMFF5]
Lol some of you must enjoy getting slapped. This game is just becoming a bigger joke by the day.

UltimoPit385186-x #32 Posted 24 February 2021 - 12:19 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 35906 battles

View Postkromhout55-x, on 24 February 2021 - 10:47 AM, said:

I was in the same boat (pun intended ex Master Mariner :teethhappy:) I wasn't a great player but enjoyed the crew training aspect of the game.

Taking the time, effort with a lot of frustration and quite a bit of coin to build up to where I had a fifteen skill crew for every major nation. With at least a couple crews for all nations at ten or more skills/perks.

On that fateful day C&B smashed any the level of trust I had in them especially when I realized how deceitful they had been in the lead up to 6.0 dropping. Despite all their fixes/updates to remedy what they had done to the game I see nothing from them that addresses this aspect of 6.0. An apology would have been a start instead of telling us to just live with it.

Now they're selling Commanders and I can see on the not too distant horizon C&B selling Commanders with extra skill slots.

So they took away my fun from the game, I've taken my funds away from them and good luck to anyone who trusts C&B in the future.

Yep. I feel the same. No more real money from me. 'Changes are coming' doesn't equate with what was done, especially with no apology or real compensation. I could've lived with 12-15 skills but 9 feels just, meh.

kingrich06-x #33 Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:09 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 76385 battles

View PostIBROX 04-x, on 23 February 2021 - 02:58 PM, said:

1250 gold a pop for a crew Lol. Just for a picture and after what happened with 6.0. I have all the novelty crews from the last sales. Training for ages and wg reset them. Nah I'll pass on crews. Thanks WG. Ain't falling for that again. 

View PostSeeYou5uka-x, on 24 February 2021 - 02:03 AM, said:

View Postkromhout55-x, on 24 February 2021 - 05:47 AM, said:

It was a slap in the face for me too, spending 6+ years leveling crews. I found the customizing crews and assigning them to a specific tank tailored to their skills, name/portrait and or rank was one of my favourite parts of the game.  It maybe all cosmetic but it was fun while grinding the xp and farming silver.  I even had a system where I actually spent real money to change the portrait from male to female commander and put on a tank which was either a tier X or a premium.   I guess all that $$ and time/effort appeasing my OCD was a waste when they downgraded all my crews to only 9 skills.  At least I can claim that i was one of the idiots who actually got a 25 skill crew made her reach rank 17.

since 6.0 i still have not fixed up many of the automatic 9 skill crews WG gave me for 6+ years of crew grinding....  They messed up my system and priority on who was being leveled...  WG gave all those stupid monster crews ie the Zombie all 9 skills ...  I should have deleted those crews before 6.0,   Looking at the bright side of WG automated crew screw up,  since i unlocked all the mercenary tanks, they gave almost all the merc crews 9 skill slots... apart from that, this whole new crew crap was a disappointment.

IBROX 04-x #34 Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23102 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postkingrich06-x, on 24 February 2021 - 07:09 PM, said:

It was a slap in the face for me too, spending 6+ years leveling crews. I found the customizing crews and assigning them to a specific tank tailored to their skills, name/portrait and or rank was one of my favourite parts of the game.  It maybe all cosmetic but it was fun while grinding the xp and farming silver.  I even had a system where I actually spent real money to change the portrait from male to female commander and put on a tank which was either a tier X or a premium.   I guess all that $$ and time/effort appeasing my OCD was a waste when they downgraded all my crews to only 9 skills.  At least I can claim that i was one of the idiots who actually got a 25 skill crew made her reach rank 17.

since 6.0 i still have not fixed up many of the automatic 9 skill crews WG gave me for 6+ years of crew grinding....  They messed up my system and priority on who was being leveled...  WG gave all those stupid monster crews ie the Zombie all 9 skills ...  I should have deleted those crews before 6.0,   Looking at the bright side of WG automated crew screw up,  since i unlocked all the mercenary tanks, they gave almost all the merc crews 9 skill slots... apart from that, this whole new crew crap was a disappointment.

Aye i know how you feel. Got to Rank 16, swapping it between every premium daily tank bonuses for years, training, training, training. Goal was to max it out like you did and then they WG wiped it out, gone, over. For what? Apparently it was too level the playing field. Yeah i could buy that. Except now it seems its all so WG could put a monetary value on commanders. So yeah level playing field my ares. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

kingrich06-x #35 Posted 24 February 2021 - 08:02 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 76385 battles

View PostIBROX 04-x, on 24 February 2021 - 02:53 PM, said:

Aye i know how you feel. Got to Rank 16, swapping it between every premium daily tank bonuses for years, training, training, training. Goal was to max it out like you did and then they WG wiped it out, gone, over. For what? Apparently it was too level the playing field. Yeah i could buy that. Except now it seems its all so WG could put a monetary value on commanders. So yeah level playing field my ares. 

I still believe WG has no interest in long term players,  they wiped out and leveled the playing field....  I am sure they knew what they were doing by doing this...I think their plan was not to have players who can grind their crews to the 25 skills or rank17...  grinders and long term patient players are a threat to the new 6.0 gameplay.   WG wants to have  paying players when it comes to the new crew system...  the easiest way to do this is to limit the skills slot to 9 and have players pay $$$ (through gold) to swap out skills needed for a particular tank...   In the meantime axe any crew currently with 10 or more skills and make the players start from scratch.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users