• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

DaffierPear6-x #1 Posted 14 March 2021 - 02:25 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 31422 battles
  • [1CAB]

Hello all,

Firstly I'd like to thank the organisers of the new Spring Thaw Tournament for their efforts in getting this up and running, and also thank them for their efforts with past tournaments.  You're doing an excellent job!

I want to urge all those that can to take part and show WGCB how much interest there is in these events.  These events enable players in the key markets (North & South America, Europe, and Russia) to engage in intense competition and to connect with like minded players.

Unfortunately these events do not cater to players outside these areas very well. This current event states battles will begin on March 28 at 1500UTC, which equates to:

02:00hrs Monday March 29 - Sydney

05:00hrs Monday March 29 - Perth & Hong Kong

00:01hrs Monday March 29 - Auckland (NZ) & Singapore.

This clearly illustrates that there is a large potential playerbase which is prevented from taking part in these events due to work and other commitments.

I have previously discussed this issue with some WG staff as well as some of the organisers of the previous events, and have received some support for developing a localised regional event but unfortunately this hasn't progressed as a number of long term players in the region have now moved to other games which have a well developed (and supported) comp play system in place for the Asian region.

If WGCB can't support the development of a regional based tournament system, then something else needs to be rolled out to engage players, and Clans, outside the America's, Europe and Russia and it needs to happen soon.

I have for a long time now pushed for the implementation of an 'in-game' Clan participation reward system, whereby members can work together in multiplayer games to earn rewards for the whole Clan, as well as an 'in-game' Clan Ladder to enable Clans and clan members to see how their Clan ranks against other Clans in the game.  

I believe it is time for WGCB to seriously look at these options and I invite any of you who are interested to look up some of my previous threads on the subject and come talk to me if you would like to discuss it in more detail.

Once again, I'd like to urge all those that can take part in this current tournament to do so and wish everyone who does take part all the best with it!  Enjoy the experience and have fun!

PhonicKitty8825-x #2 Posted 14 March 2021 - 07:54 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21900 battles
  • [1CAB]
I wanted to put together a team but the rewards aren't worth it. If the would be giving away 279e's I'd take it.

3 MoE: IS-7           Tier X Aces: T 100 LT, T95E6, Obj. 430, 121, TVP T50/51, Valour T95/FV4201 Chieftain, IS-4, IS-7, Obj. 277, Obj. 705a, Type 5 Heavy, Obj. 268, Obj. 268v5,  

Jagdpanzer E100                  

https://gamerdvr.com...video/126807488 10k game

Army Guy E8-x #3 Posted 16 March 2021 - 12:57 PM

Corporal

• WoTC Community Contributor
  • 19891 battles
  • [XFILE]
Dates of the Tournament:

Good Morning;

I see these dates and times for the tournament. Is this correct?

• March 202127: qualifying stage.
  • March 28, April 3: play-off stage
  • Battles start at 15:00 UTC.
  • Server: EU.

Edited by Army Guy E8-x, 16 March 2021 - 12:57 PM.

Army Guy E8-x #4 Posted 16 March 2021 - 01:05 PM

Corporal

• WoTC Community Contributor
  • 19891 battles
  • [XFILE]

I am still looking for 1 primary and 1 alternate team mate

Also tagged with Tournaments, Clans, Issues

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users