New mode incoming.

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

Dr__Jag-p #61 Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26040 battles

If it takes months to get more maps into the game currently... How much longer will it take now that WG will be focused on getting this new toy off the ground? WG still has HUD/UI and ect to work on with 6.0. It is a small staff with limited resources, if they are struggling now, I don't see it possible to maintain both.  

Also, NA during peak time after crossplay had 13k players, now it is 8.5, will this not further divide an already dwindling playerbase????  How can this be a win? :facepalm:

isu_gruu-p #62 Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11204 battles
We got a new sh&t game on December 15th, with no options. Now luckily I can afford to choose, I’ll give the new game a chance before I say bad about it..

MechanicKarma97-x #63 Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 31593 battles
  • [TRA2]

View PostDr__Jag-p, on 06 April 2021 - 12:32 PM, said:

If it takes months to get more maps into the game currently... How much longer will it take now that WG will be focused on getting this new toy off the ground? WG still has HUD/UI and ect to work on with 6.0. It is a small staff with limited resources, if they are struggling now, I don't see it possible to maintain both.  

Also, NA during peak time after crossplay had 13k players, now it is 8.5, will this not further divide an already dwindling playerbase????  How can this be a win? :facepalm:

The general consensus seems to be that those features which have been proposed, and assumably are now being worked on, will do much more harm than good. Granted some have expressed a genuine curiosity, but the same was true of every other significant change in the past and that once experienced, none ever received the widespread praise or acceptance which had initially been expected of them. 

If we thus take history as being of any indication for what the future holds, I imagine that the final result will be no better than the transition to v6.0 proved, and in all likelihood, will be far more detrimental to the state of the game than anything else since implemented.

That said, for the time being I will reserve final judgment until greater information is provided.

"Let ye victory be swift, yet relish its rewards sparingly, for they don't always grace one."

AleTieCan05-x #64 Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:47 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 52630 battles

View PostUrticateArc6122-x, on 06 April 2021 - 07:59 PM, said:

By the sounds of it, it's all the stuff that WGCB wanted to bring into the current game, but were put off by the feedback, so it's now all introduced as a new mode.

I guess it could work, it seems that WT works with a number of modes with different play styles. Will be interesting to see how it looks and works.

i think i will start playing WT, why play with the copy?

x_BAlN_x-p #65 Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 73921 battles
What? No mechs?

Sentience-p #66 Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:52 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 33705 battles
  • [ARROW]
Why is WG intent on fracturing it’s player base? Instead of the World of Tanks experience on Console, we’re rapidly turning into Mario Party - a whole bunch of unrelated games (commander mode, WWII, modern tanks, etc) based solely on an entirely different game.

xRoddy_Piperx-p #67 Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:55 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13621 battles
  • [UG-K]

View PostMechanicKarma97-x, on 06 April 2021 - 03:40 PM, said:

The general consensus seems to be that those features which have been proposed, and assumably are now being worked on, will do much more harm than good. Granted some have expressed a genuine curiosity, but the same was true of every other significant change in the past and that once experienced, none ever received the widespread praise or acceptance which had initially been expected of them. 

If we thus take history as being of any indication for what the future holds, I imagine that the final result will be no better than the transition to v6.0 proved, and in all likelihood, will be far more detrimental to the state of the game than anything else since implemented.

That said, for the time being I will reserve final judgment until greater information is provided.

I think all of us were just recruited as Beta testers, for this new mode. 

I also think that, 6.0 and it's changes are going to be in the new Modern one.

All of us have been duped.

xRoddy_Piperx-p #68 Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:56 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13621 battles
  • [UG-K]

View PostSentience-p, on 06 April 2021 - 03:52 PM, said:

Why is WG intent on fracturing it’s player base? Instead of the World of Tanks experience on Console, we’re rapidly turning into Mario Party - a whole bunch of unrelated games (commander mode, WWII, modern tanks, etc) based solely on an entirely different game.

Just wait until they reveal they've been working on VR. :)

Sentience-p #69 Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:58 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 33705 battles
  • [ARROW]

View PostxRoddy_Piperx-p, on 06 April 2021 - 03:56 PM, said:

Just wait until they reveal they've been working on VR. :)

Sure. And the licensed golf and mini-cart versions as well. Why else did they get the Hot Wheels license? WoT Mario Kart incoming!

MintoVimto-x #70 Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:58 PM

Community Liaison

• Administrator
  • 1282 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostxRoddy_Piperx-p, on 06 April 2021 - 03:19 PM, said:

Minto....please answer:

I would like to know that, if there are indeed seperate modes, would any XP earned, free XP or Commanders & XP carry over from our current game, to go with Modern? I would think Gold and Silver would? Or are we all starting from scratch...... from the bottom?

Going to be interesting.

This is all shared, is explained briefly in the stream by PainGod

Liam Hart

Community Liaison

Wargaming Chicago - Baltimore

MechanicKarma97-x #71 Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:04 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 31593 battles
  • [TRA2]

View PostxRoddy_Piperx-p, on 06 April 2021 - 12:55 PM, said:

I think all of us were just recruited as Beta testers, for this new mode. 

I also think that, 6.0 and it's changes are going to be in the new Modern one.

All of us have been duped.

When the intent is to both deceive and deny, even the most relevant information tends to be omitted which is why in the days leading up to the latest change of build having gone live, no information as to what this would actually entail was ever forthcoming, and despite the magnitude of the changes themselves. I am starting to believe that the issues at hand don't simply stem from developmental neglect, or mismanagement, or even plain deceit, but instead are the result of an active, and conscious disconsideration to the point of malice. I just find it hard to believe that everything we have witnessed, and indeed, are still witness to in this moment, could occur by way of incompetence alone. But, in this respect at least, one really shouldn't underestimate them.

"Let ye victory be swift, yet relish its rewards sparingly, for they don't always grace one."

Maxipotzac-p #72 Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:18 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13214 battles

I think the player base too small this two modes...A new mode without arty kill the core game, everybody going there.

So, if i write a ticket and ask back the gold price my prem artys,and the xp price in free xp from my tt ones, they give me back? Yes i know the core game is still there but what waiting time in the lobby? 

"If they removed arty, the haters would just switch to hating TD's."

BrogueOne-p #73 Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:19 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 27820 battles
  • [AP-EX]

View PostSentience-p, on 06 April 2021 - 08:52 PM, said:

We had Proving Grounds and War Stories for years 

tank antics-x #74 Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20863 battles
  • [PLEB-]
I don’t think there’s enough players to split the game into more modes.

Sounds like an idea for 50K players or more on at any one time. Not the 10K this game has at various times during the day, although it does peak higher than that weekends and events clearly. It could be close to dead before it starts.

What we need is maps, bug fixes, quality of life and balance in core. Not another niche mode barely populated, like commander.

Leonidas SR71-x #75 Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34776 battles
  • [X-OFF]

View PostMechanicKarma97-x, on 06 April 2021 - 09:04 PM, said:

When the intent is to both deceive and deny, even the most relevant information tends to be omitted which is why in the days leading up to the latest change of build having gone live, no information as to what this would actually entail was ever forthcoming, and despite the magnitude of the changes themselves. I am starting to believe that the issues at hand don't simply stem from developmental neglect, or mismanagement, or even plain deceit, but instead are the result of an active, and conscious disconsideration to the point of malice. I just find it hard to believe that everything we have witnessed, and indeed, are still witness to in this moment, could occur by way of incompetence alone. But, in this respect at least, one really shouldn't underestimate them.

The only thing that springs to mind when looking through the posts, and WG's behaviour, isthat they are attempting to remove/damage the player base of the competition. It looks like they think they can gain more from trying to destroy WT and AW, than by keeping the current playerbase happy. Loss leader strategy.

"Don't tell me I'm still on that fecking island?!!"

MechanicKarma97-x #76 Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:34 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 31593 battles
  • [TRA2]

View PostLeonidas SR71-x, on 06 April 2021 - 01:25 PM, said:

The only thing that springs to mind when looking through the posts, and WG's behaviour, isthat they are attempting to remove/damage the player base of the competition. It looks like they think they can gain more from trying to destroy WT and AW, than by keeping the current playerbase happy. Loss leader strategy.

I suspect that is why the title itself has retained its popularity for so long; lack of a proper competition allows any industry with a good product to effectively monopolize that category into which they fall, and this has I think had an insulating effect, in that the developers were of the opportunity to be complacent and cut-corners in the name of saving costs or for some other reason, without in turn sacrificing their base of support because of what monopolistic hold they do maintain over their respective category of game.

Then again, monopolies have since their inception been recognized as an economically stifling force, and in the present case, things are sure to be little different.

csekko-p #77 Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:38 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16853 battles
  • [-JFF-]
So basically, they are not planning to add the old  maps back to the game rather put them in the new mode... so if you want more maps play the new mode, if you dont want to play the new mode then be happy with hose 4-5 available, very simple.... WG  well done, you guys just dont listen....

Leonidas SR71-x #78 Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34776 battles
  • [X-OFF]

View PostMechanicKarma97-x, on 06 April 2021 - 09:34 PM, said:

I suspect that is why the title itself has retained its popularity for so long; lack of a proper competition allows any industry with a good product to effectively monopolize that category into which they fall, and this has I think had an insulating effect, in that the developers were of the opportunity to be complacent and cut-corners in the name of saving costs or for some other reason, without in turn sacrificing their base of support because of what monopolistic hold they do maintain over their respective category.

Then again, monopolies have since their inception been recognized as an economically stifling force, and in the present case, things are sure to be little different.

Just out of curiosity, can anyone state the current population trends on AW + WT for the last 6 months?

"Don't tell me I'm still on that fecking island?!!"

Usain Salt-x #79 Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:40 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12390 battles
  • [-PLEB]
:teethhappy:They've completely lost the plot!!!

Tornado F7-x #80 Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24998 battles

View PostIBROX 04-x, on 06 April 2021 - 07:36 PM, said:

Especially since nearly everyone has been saying NO True Vision for months. WG should have read the comments on the feed from the last true vision test. 

Yeah, I hate it too. I really hope this isn't where things are going. We had a great game already, so why ruin it?

I guess I won't be bothering about renewing Game Pass if the only game I play wants to kill itself. I may finally do something else for a change.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users