• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

MechanicKarma97-x #81 Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:51 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 31586 battles
  • [TRA2]

View PostLeonidas SR71-x, on 06 April 2021 - 01:39 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity, can anyone state the current population trends on AW + WT for the last 6 months?

To the best of my knowledge the servers of Armored Warfare have been defunct since the title's change of ownership was finalized several years ago from what I recall, and such that at any given moment, there tend to be no more than a dozen individuals active within the queue. As to the status of the latter of those titles, my own experience is that while more limited in extent, and having less than half the total population of WoT Console, even when taking into account the cross-compatibility function, it still possesses an active and dedicated player-base with a consistent stream of new-vehicles being introduced every quarter of the year or so as well as firm support for a continued development.

"Let ye victory be swift, yet relish its rewards sparingly, for they don't always grace one."

Tornado F7-x #82 Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:51 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24995 battles

View PostLeonidas SR71-x, on 06 April 2021 - 09:39 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity, can anyone state the current population trends on AW + WT for the last 6 months?

I won't be starting over with another changeable online tank game. Once burned...

Time to get started on Uncharted on the PS4 perhaps. I never did find time for the PS3 version, because I was here tanking.

Otis Z Firefly-x #83 Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28865 battles
  • [FRFLY]

Live picture of me reading this thread.

Ordo ab Chao.

Goddog-x #84 Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:54 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 27131 battles
  • [SDKFZ]

View PostTornado F7-x, on 06 April 2021 - 04:51 PM, said:

I won't be starting over with another changeable online tank game. Once burned...

Time to get started on Uncharted on the PS4 perhaps. I never did find time for the PS3 version, because I was here tanking.

playing classic games is a nice refresher form this... what ever we are doing. 

Winner 3rd place in the  [UNOFFICIAL CHALLENGE #2] Tier V Sturmgeschutz III

Tornado F7-x #85 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24995 battles

View PostxRoddy_Piperx-p, on 06 April 2021 - 08:56 PM, said:

Just wait until they reveal they've been working on VR. :)

Actually we've been used to help develop the AI for the latest Russian tank, with no crew, just AI.

It keeps driving into lakes, bumping platoonmates off bridges, lemming training into hiding places, etc.

The free world is safe! From Russia anyway.

MaxAmmo62-x #86 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:00 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 33262 battles
  • [USCAN]
I guess I'll be devoting more time (and my gaming money) to WoWl.

Kesselschlachtt-p #87 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:02 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20319 battles

View PostLysith3a-x, on 06 April 2021 - 01:25 PM, said:

No arty but full time TV.

No thanks.

I heard that.  Gregg Jeff got his beloved true vision implemented after all.

Leonidas SR71-x #88 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:02 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34776 battles
  • [X-OFF]

View PostMechanicKarma97-x, on 06 April 2021 - 09:51 PM, said:

To the best of my knowledge the servers of Armored Warfare have been defunct since the title's change of ownership was finalized several years ago from what I recall, and such that at any given moment, there tend to be no more than a dozen individuals active within the queue. As to the status of the latter of those titles, my own experience is that while more limited in extent, and having less than half the total population of WoT Console, even when taking into account the cross-compatibility function, it still possesses an active and dedicated player-base with a consistent stream of new-vehicles being introduced every quarter of the year or so as well as firm support for a continued development.

Curious, so no leaps in population due to 6.0 for the competition. Suggests that the genre is not attractive to new players anymore. Therefore the only option left is the destruction of the competition 

"Don't tell me I'm still on that fecking island?!!"

Lysith3a-x #89 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:06 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17195 battles

View PostGoddog-x, on 06 April 2021 - 09:54 PM, said:

Mass Effect Trilogy remaster is out at the end of May. The end of May can’t come quick enough.

I aim to misbehave

Tornado F7-x #90 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:06 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24995 battles

View PostGoddog-x, on 06 April 2021 - 09:54 PM, said:

I may even get back to Ratchet, etc, on the PS2. Or all those PS3 3D games. The screen will seem tiny now though... Why don't they make new 3D HDTVs? I would probably buy one, I have enough 3D content, movies and games. And now I may have time too.

I really hope these rumours aren't true.

MechanicKarma97-x #91 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:07 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 31586 battles
  • [TRA2]

View PostLeonidas SR71-x, on 06 April 2021 - 02:02 PM, said:

Curious, so no leaps in population due to 6.0 for the competition. Suggests that the genre is not attractive to new players anymore. Therefore the only option left is the destruction of the competition 

I would expect that for those most committed to the genre, they sought out other options of a like character, but not at an overall rate great enough to be statistically significant, or otherwise have a tangible effect on the population of any one of the competing titles you just mentioned. 

"Let ye victory be swift, yet relish its rewards sparingly, for they don't always grace one."

Tornado F7-x #92 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24995 battles

View PostMaxipotzac-p, on 06 April 2021 - 09:18 PM, said:

I think the player base too small this two modes...A new mode without arty kill the core game, everybody going there.

So, if i write a ticket and ask back the gold price my prem artys,and the xp price in free xp from my tt ones, they give me back? Yes i know the core game is still there but what waiting time in the lobby? 

I enjoy killing arty.

Leonidas SR71-x #93 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34776 battles
  • [X-OFF]

View PostMechanicKarma97-x, on 06 April 2021 - 10:07 PM, said:

I would expect that for those most committed to the genre, they sought out other options of a like character, but not at an overall rate great enough to be statistically significant, or otherwise have a tangible effect on the population of any one of the competing titles you just mentioned. 

Deliberatly destroying thier own unfashionable game to make way for world of warplanes, maybe? I'm grasping at straws to try and understand the rationale behind their current strategy.

Derekthetree-x #94 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:24 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21997 battles
  • [BEARD]

Posted this in the recap thread...

Sounds like a mobile game

TV - nobody wants it

COD regen health - even PC backed down from this idea after their community rioted

No arty - an attempt to draw people in.

Why do they want to create two games in one? the server pop is already small, and now will be cut in half.

I'd like to see them launch it as a separate game. Then the hard metrics will tell you which is more successful.

I really don't get the drivers of WGCB. Wot PC is one of the most successful and long lived games around. Its achieved this by establishing a user base, creating new content to fill the game and keep the grind/sense of achievement going, but by only tweaking the core mechanics, no fundamental shifts. Why can't WotC be the same? Why do WGCB keep needing to try and reinvent it?

We've had:

• War Stories (removed)
  • Commander mode (removed, added back in, barely played now I would guess)
  • Contracts (removed)

All the while the core mechanics main broken. Remember when they started looking at each and every tier 10 to rebalance or not? Remember how it stopped abruptly and shall not be spoken of again.

For a company with the same leader for all that time, the direction sure does change a lot

EDIT: I should add, there are two reasons I now play this game.

1.  There still remain some friends who play and I can have a laugh with.
  2.  The dopamine hit of grinding out the free tanks, but its waning.

You need to add back in the third reason - be a good game.

MechanicKarma97-x #95 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:27 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 31586 battles
  • [TRA2]

View PostLeonidas SR71-x, on 06 April 2021 - 02:15 PM, said:

Deliberatly destroying thier own unfashionable game to make way for world of warplanes, maybe? I'm grasping at straws to try and understand the rationale behind their current strategy.

By the law of parsimony I think the damage to have been brought precisely because there exists no clear or coherent rationale behind the proposed set of changes; as is evident in how lacking in direction the developers are during the course of what streams they host, and besides the simple wanting of such changes among certain members of their team. Incompetence thus seems to me the most plausible cause for the sorry state of the game, rather than some finely executed plan of deliberate self-immolation that may or may not confer a benefit in the end.

Ben The Orange-x #96 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:32 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 16244 battles
I'm gong to reserve a full judgement for now, I want more details on this update first. But I echo many others with their initial impression. To sum up in one word, Trepidation.

kingrich06-x #97 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 76471 battles

View PostIBROX 04-x, on 06 April 2021 - 02:36 PM, said:

Especially since nearly everyone has been saying NO True Vision for months. WG should have read the comments on the feed from the last true vision test. 

lol True Vision outrage was put on the side burner when 6.0 came out....Players had to deal with the downgrade and totally forgot about TV

78 Tier X's, All Tech trees & Mercs grinded/in garage!! Need to farm 2+billion to equip all tanks.

NEXT to do: Get a crew, from every country, to Rank 17 with 25 skills. GERMANY done (wait,what??WG deleted them}

GOAL: Have every Tank, ACE Mastery with min MOE1 Tanks in the garage263 GOLD+457 TT=TOTAL: 720

Leonidas SR71-x #98 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34776 battles
  • [X-OFF]

View PostMechanicKarma97-x, on 06 April 2021 - 10:27 PM, said:

By the law of parsimony I think the damage to have been brought precisely because there exists no clear or coherent rationale behind the proposed set of changes; as is evident in how lacking in direction the developers are during the course of what streams they host, and besides the simple wanting of such changes among certain members of their team. Incompetence thus seems to me the most plausible cause for the sorry state of the game, rather than some finely executed plan of deliberate self-immolation.

I can't beleive that any Company would continually pursue what appears to be a failing plan, without stepping off of the self destruct button for a moment. Maybe we are looking at a Bethesda/Microsoft scenario? My head hurts now.....

PhantomBlckGoat-x #99 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8386 battles
Fully expecting this new mode to come in half-baked and poorly implemented. Hey WG devs, how about instead of forcing new things nobody wanted or asked for, you guys focus on improving the product that is already here and in desperate need of fixing? One solid game mode will always be better than two terrible ones.

yellowbussdad-x #100 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:47 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15122 battles
TV mode? No thank you!:( I'm already having hard time seeing tanks and info...:confused:

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users