Intel Briefing - Recap - 04/06/21

Intel Insider Information WoTConsole Twitch Stream New Game Mode New Vision New Consumables Artillery Era Based Matchmaking

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

HeavyKaragh-x #41 Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:58 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 58701 battles

View PostDaffierPear6-x, on 07 April 2021 - 05:16 AM, said:

Arty will not be a part of the new Mode.

1.  Aussie players tend to play Arty due to consistently BAD lag in game.

2.  Moving forward anyone who enjoys Arty can't in New mode.

3.  Era specific battles SHOULD have Arty as it was a key element in major tank battles during WW2 and during the Israeli/Arab conflict!

3. Infantry and air support was more important.

WobMobHE-p #42 Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:17 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19313 battles
  • [AKTIV]

View PostUsain Salt-x, on 07 April 2021 - 09:53 AM, said:

That's enough for me,i've uninstalled.Adios amigos..it's been fun.:medal:

i like

UltimoPit385186-x #43 Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:18 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 36107 battles

View PostKesselschlachtt-p, on 06 April 2021 - 10:29 PM, said:

The difference being Coke recognised their mistake and listened to their customer base.

After the furore around 6 WG decided a new game mode splitting the player base and TV was a good idea. Oh lordy.

Waiting for the 'everyone's camping we need some way to dislodge them' complaints.

Un De Fonceur-x #44 Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:20 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31806 battles
  • [39-45]

Maybe i'm just among a minority of players but ... I'm kinda looking forward to what they are planning to do. Just by curiosity. Right now, i'm in the mood "Well ... Wait and see".

In fact, what scares me the most is the amount of workload it could add to the already massive one developpers have to deal with the currrent game (bug, balances, MM, ...), then screwing up their organization. Which could lead to something like 6.0, whose biggest issue was, with hindsight according to me, the fact it hasn't been finished at the date release but someone or some people decided to, anyway, release it, and then patch it later, for the best ... And the worst, unfortunately.

Now it has been said, here are my opinions about what have been said :

Larger maps :

Great :) . There is nothing more to say. More maps, bigger and more detailled than previous one is always a good thing for me and (surely) the game. If it is (according to me, ONCE AGAIN!) as good as Vineyards, I would be very happy.

ERA based matchmaking :

I’m curious. Not hyped. Not scared. Just … Curious to see how it is going to work. So … « Wait and see ».

« True Vision » : it isn’t that bad … But it cannot work in the current state of WoT:

If i can do the devil's advocate about True Vision : for me, the problem isn't the True Vision itself ... Otherwise, I would have seen War Thunder players complaining against it since a long long time ... But no ! Why ? Because two things, you are going to quickly understand :

1. In War Thunder, maps are much MUCH bigger than in WoT. So it makes it easier for tanks to create a distance to stay out of sight of ennemies.

2. Unlike in Word of Tanks, in War Thunder, not a single tank (If a WT player sees I'm wrong, please correct me) has a huge zoom like in WoT to see ennemies. Moreover, the game isn't as colorfull as WoT, tanks are paler so even more difficult to spot. AND you have in WoT the spotting system, that detects for you ennemies and put a huge marker on your map when it happens. Let's be honest, WoT gives us a lot of tools to detect ennemies ... And I forgot to mention equipments and skills to improve it even more.

You see the issue ? Little map + tanks able to have eagle vision = True Vision Game breaking  !

BUT ...

With larger maps, like those supposed to come out later, it could work better … Unless they keep the insane zoom we can have when we aim. If so, unfortunately, it is going to cause the same problems than those with previous True Vision’s test : litlle tanks (like ELC EVEN 90), those with camo and/or behind bushes are going to be hard to spot, and the massive ones, especially the lightly armored (Fv 4005, WT E100, 50B, etc.) are about to have a very VERY bad time :justwait:.

Two ««« easy »»» ways to prevent it (I do not know if it is that easy, I’m not a programmer) could be to, just in this new game mode :

- Reduce the zoom with the sniper mod (ex : going to only x3, or even x2).
-Decrease the « view range » (that allows the game to spot for us) by 30, 40 or even 50 % , in order to help player to stay hidden and not being spotted too easily by the game. No need to adjust the view range tank by tank, just to apply a multiplier to it, like how game is applying RNG to the base penetration and damage values.

The add of smoke screen will help it, that’s a good point. Personnally, i would surely love this feature :great: : I’m already imagining myself throwing them to help allies staying hidden and escape from ennemies’s fire.

… Oh, and one last reminder : this True Vision is SPECIFIC to the new mode, not the current game, no need to be (too) scared. In every case, as long as we do not have more infos about it, once again, « Wait and see ! ».

New consummables :

As i said in the previous part, smokescreens seems to be a great idea. But for the Hull Patch Kits … Sorry, but I don’t think it is a great idea : I don’t think restoring health in World of tanks should be a thing. We are already able in this game (especially if we compare to WT) to repair our tanks at a surprising speed (For example … No, we cannot repair a massive Maus’s track in less than 10 seconds ! In reality, it should take few hours), so restoring some health could be too much, for me. I feel like the majority do not want it so … Do not spend time on it, it isn’t necessary :) . Use this time for something else.

New mode without the artillery :

Despite my hatred for artillery (I mean how it is built in the game, not the players, of course ! ), I still thinking it has its place in the game … But its current state isn’t good. I have ideas to fix it, but it would be too long to explain it. If I can, I will create a topic where I explain (without salt, without insult) how to possibly do so.
« Its place ?? What kind of place ?? The cancer one ?! » you may be thinking … Let me explain : Tanks classes are made to work like in a game of rock-paper-scissor : lights beat artilleries < mediums beat lights < heavies beat mediums < artilleries beat heavies.

Do you understand ? Without it, tanks with thick armor, especially those on the turret (the « hulldown » ones, like Kranvagn, S.Conqueror, Obj.430U, Obj279e, etc.) would dominate the battlefields. And we would have nearly no solution to this, unless having luck and penetrating weak spot on their turret (with PREMIUM, of course ! That’s why we call them WEAK-SPOTS … Sorry for my sarcasm), or shooting HE. Yeah, so much fun -_-  .

So my biggest fear, with this mode, is to see hulldown tanks crushing down anything they encounter … But if maps are designed well enough, it should not happen too much. So … « Wait and see ».

To sum up :

:popcorn:WAIT AND SEE :popcorn:

Good luck on the battlefields :honoring:

Edited by Un De Fonceur-x, 08 April 2021 - 04:30 PM.

MrBean173-p #45 Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:24 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 2229 battles
  • [SPQ_R]
the ideal would be to introduce ranked battles with the aim of increasing the ranking of the clans.

Favafritta79-p #46 Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:36 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12517 battles
  • [FAVA]

View Postx-mjc40-x-p, on 07 April 2021 - 05:27 AM, said:

LOL. Thats exactly what I said. "Just no Artillery in new game mode. Thats all."

1. I'm in Australia, and also suffer from the lag due to our poor internet and distance.  It doesn't stop me and my Aussie platoon mates from being superuni with 60+% W/R at tier10. 

2. Thats the whole point - those who want to play real tanks using tank knowledge, weak-points, tactics & skill, have a new mode that will suit them, without players sitting at the back clicking. 

3. The standard mode will still have your Arty, so click away. :) 

Go and get a cookie..... :facepalm:

HUNCortez08-x #47 Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:44 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19356 battles
  • [1MPA]

View PostDaffierPear6-x, on 06 April 2021 - 10:48 PM, said:

Hi PainGod & Team,

My first thoughts on reading this.

Point 1:  Yes

Point 2:  Yes

Point 3:  Yes

Point 4:  Okay, give it a go but not sure if it will work.

Point 5:  NO!!  Are you F***ing kidding!!

I'm on board with most of this but removing Arty completely is a COMPLETE failure!  Whoever recommended this, and supported, it has spent way too much time in isolation and have been smoking way too much of something.

I can see that within 3 months a significant proportion of WG staff will be spending their time developing and managing bots for both versions of the game.

A few questions concerning upcoming changes for you:

1.  Any improvements for Clans?  If not, why not?

2.  What improvements are planned for comp play?

Finally No arty, thanks! I will play only with that mode. And you can go to cry! Finally finally finally.... 

LikeMySpxmZ-_-p #48 Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:54 AM

Private

• Players
  • 42679 battles
  • [AKTIV]

View PostUsain Salt-x, on 07 April 2021 - 09:53 AM, said:

That's enough for me,i've uninstalled.Adios amigos..it's been fun.:medal:

You finally leave WoT console ? I forget its time for barbie by you

TopHatters14-x #49 Posted 07 April 2021 - 12:25 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30068 battles
  • [OLDG]
Now the DEVS have truly and completly ****** UP with this game,with all its new additions,WG have shot themselves so many times in the foot now, veteran players,like myself are now beginning to truly see what is happening now and these players who have supported this game are being dumped on from a very great height,and new players will soon learn about WG treats its players,and also new players,make sure YOU HAVE BIG BANK BALANCES AND DEEP POCKETS,you will be blinded from now to Prem tanks,new skins,so you can pose on the battlefield.

SirDerp-a-lot-p #50 Posted 07 April 2021 - 12:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 68545 battles
  • [EPOS]

View PostMintoVimto-x, on 06 April 2021 - 10:59 PM, said:

Era Based Matchmaking. Exclusive to this new mode, tanks will only fight other tanks within their era.

So some tanks will always be bottom tier.

SirDerp-a-lot-p #51 Posted 07 April 2021 - 12:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 68545 battles
  • [EPOS]

View PostUltimoPit385186-x, on 07 April 2021 - 12:18 PM, said:

The difference being Coke recognised their mistake and listened to their customer base.

I hear they switched recipe anyway, so no, they didn't listen to their customers.

Knallteufel 777-x #52 Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:21 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 59950 battles
Of course, modern tanks are cool :great: But why the split into two games. The days of a huge player base are over for years. Every new mode failed after a while due to lack of interest. Most people wants the classic WoT, not experiments.

GardogOne-p #53 Posted 07 April 2021 - 02:55 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33722 battles
  • [-NBD-]
I hope that some other video game company decides to to develop a game that is the pre 6.0 game.  I believe many current players would flock to it.  I also believe that the current influx of muppets in this game, as most muppets will, will stop playing and move on to the current new in fashion game. Only way WG will figure out how badly they have screwed up!

SandM9-x #54 Posted 07 April 2021 - 03:05 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33615 battles

I'm sure this will work out just fine, no worries.  :trollface:

Seriously, just what in da heck? Now, after all these years and a declining base you come out with an alternative game mode that has it's own internal modes? And this is going to work how?

Couldn't just do "Strongholds" or give us some clan battles?

Not to mention the resources and time you must have put into this project.

It all makes sense now.

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

TheSteelTomato-x #55 Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:18 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 484 battles
  • [KMKAZ]

What WG forget is that WOT is a game. It's not a simulation. It's a game, with rules. Like chess. When you mess with those rules you get a different game.

The current WOT vision system is a set of rules, like the way pieces are allowed to move in chess. Mess with those rules & you get a completely different game. 

The community here like to play WOT. We don't want to play Armoured Warfare or War Thunder. If we did, then guess what? WE'D PLAY THEM!!!!

Unfortunately, WG have decided that WOTC is no more. This "Classic" mode is really marketing speak for "Legacy" mode. And we all know what happens to "Legacy" software....

NEGATIVE NORMA-x #56 Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11646 battles

No Artillery. Exclusive to the upcoming game mode, we’ll continue to support players who’ve invested in Artillery with the Classic WOT experience.

[edited]. Classic WOT Experience. 

This doesn't exist currently with the abomination that is 6.0

You ruined the Classic WOT Experience with the unnecessary changes that came with 6.0

ALF EXTREME-x #57 Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:39 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 55444 battles
this can't be real there's no way wargaming could be so stupid to force update 6.0 then do something so smart as make a artillery free mode there has to be a catch or something to ruin it.

I AM KING

and i declare death to all artillery, who will follow me on this righteous quest for freedom

AleTieCan05-x #58 Posted 07 April 2021 - 05:09 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 52630 battles

@Minto, TJ & friends ... nice work, really nice work.... after 7 years you have understood and realized exactly what the playerbase is asking for :facepalm:.....  just one polite question (it would be nice to have an answer for once, even if it's "hard&hot" : do you feel any embarrassment for making something that it seems your CUSTOMERS don't like at all? (who knows why the Excalibur project was cancelled by the PC main company? ......and you deleted today the discussion where there was the trailer link? very, very unfair and not very transparent way of life :angry:)

Edited by AleTieCan05-x, 07 April 2021 - 05:29 PM.

hasnoshoes-p #59 Posted 07 April 2021 - 05:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25515 battles
  • [WANG1]

View PostNEGATIVE NORMA-x, on 07 April 2021 - 11:38 AM, said:

[edited]. Classic WOT Experience. 

This doesn't exist currently with the abomination that is 6.0

You ruined the Classic WOT Experience with the unnecessary changes that came with 6.0

This is the biggest slap to the face, we asked for 5.0 back as classic mode instead we get 6.0 with arty.  Are they even listening?

World of Tanks Console

Beloved by 92% of the Community

BORN: February 15, 2014  /  DIED: December 15, 2020

Un De Fonceur-x #60 Posted 07 April 2021 - 05:50 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31806 battles
  • [39-45]

(sigh) ... Don't you think, guys it is a bit too early to complain ?

We haven't even seen how it looks, how all are going to work. But you're already treating all the staff of incompentents ... Ok, in the past, some of them could have deserved this title (... And by the way, I exclud the developpers from this, from being stupid : I'm sure, if I'm taking the 6.0, that not so many members among them really wanted to release it at its state ; I think majority thought it wasn't over and shouldn't had been released ... But unfortunately, it wasn't done so :(), but don't pnish them until they present their job ! That's not cool !

Moreover ... Ok, I understand some ideas could upset you, that's perfectly normal. But if so ... Just explain, even with one line, WHY it upsets you ! Instead of just shouting "It's bad, it's bad !! You're stupid !! I uninstall the game !!" ... Because, in this case, personnally, I see you like those severe parents treating their children as morons without explaining what they are doing wrong ... Well, in this case, it is even worse : they haven't done anything ... I mean, shown anything.

In fact, i think I see why you are a majority upset about their stuff : 6.0 marked you, in the wrong way ; and now, when they are presenting something "big", you're scared of facing again something like 6.0. There's nothing wrong with it, it is an human reaction ... But the thing that makes me a bit sad from you is : they clearly worked on the 6.0 in order to fix what should have been ready at the release update. That's far from being perfect, but they did something. But you still treat them as the biggest (add any insult you want) of the world, without even considering what has been done.

I do not ask to be the best WG's fanboys, not at all ! It's an opposite extreme you should avoid at all ! But just being less ... hateful, for example by saying things like "This little improvement is good but ... " or "Meh, I dislike it BECAUSE ..." instead of just shouting "It sucks it sucks it sucks bad bad bad ... !" ... No ... There is nothing to be learned from it except free hates. Personnaly, if I see someone insulting me like this, I do not want to deal with it, I will just ignore him.

I repeat myself, but until news come to us ... WAIT ... AND ... SEE :).

Wait for the next news, and when we will have more infos about it, it's gonna be the good moment to say what's wrong.

Good luck on the battlefields, ladies and gentleman :honoring:

P.S.: I'm sure, after posting this message, some of you are going to treat me as a stupid fanboys ready to (Can't say that in this forum) for Wargaming, ready to buy all the premium time and tanks of the world just for them ... Thrust me, I have other priorities than buying their stuff (after nearly 6 years of WoT, I only bought ONE premium tank (the EVEN 90) ... On discount. So I am far from being their best client. On the contrary, i think I think cost them more money than I earn them.

But if you still consider me as a mindless fanboy, then I will have the pleasure to do not care. And I invit you to chase me while I'm in my EVEN 90 on the battlefield. Afterall, you cannot hit what you cannot see :trollface:.

Otherwise, I wish you a good day :honoring:.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users