[INVESTIGATING]Game Stutter

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

NorthernSoulie-x #1 Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:14 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 38051 battles

Correct if I am wrong but I have yet to see some acknowledgment that game stuttering occurs within the game when too much is happening on screen ie, trees, fire smoke, numerous tanks etc. Happens predominantly at the commencement of a match. Many other players have reported the same problem.

I have no internet issues and play on a Series X.

I really do believe their is an issue with the game engine which leads me to the purpose of this post. How the hell will it cope with the new mode with much larger maps, ability to launch smoke cover, true vision etc. In testing how closely do the testers mirror typical home environments across not only different countries but continents as well?

The new mode has really sparked my interest but not looking forward to the stuttering or drop frames. In comparison to Outriders with so much happening on screen all at once generating a true buttery smooth experience WoT at times, looks like a hand cranked film from WW1.

MaxChaos24-x #2 Posted 07 April 2021 - 12:51 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 14480 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostNorthernSoulie-x, on 06 April 2021 - 06:14 PM, said:

Correct if I am wrong but I have yet to see some acknowledgment that game stuttering occurs within the game when too much is happening on screen ie, trees, fire smoke, numerous tanks etc. Happens predominantly at the commencement of a match. Many other players have reported the same problem.

I have no internet issues and play on a Series X.

I really do believe their is an issue with the game engine which leads me to the purpose of this post. How the hell will it cope with the new mode with much larger maps, ability to launch smoke cover, true vision etc. In testing how closely do the testers mirror typical home environments across not only different countries but continents as well?

The new mode has really sparked my interest but not looking forward to the stuttering or drop frames. In comparison to Outriders with so much happening on screen all at once generating a true buttery smooth experience WoT at times, looks like a hand cranked film from WW1.

Hello, we have not seen any of the frame rate issues that some players see even when using the same consoles and same locations in the live game. It's possible that maybe you need a clean install of the game in case it's related to a fragmentation issue. 

Click to send in a Support Ticket!

marinefish666-x #3 Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:20 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 48519 battles

I have also noticed stuttering.

Don't try blaming the internet or software corruption.

It's a WOT problem so look into it.

It happens randomly throughout the game.

I notice it when zoomed in on a target.

It moves instantly 

Senior Technical Engineer, all reg tanks unlocked! All reg X tanks in garage.

marinefish666-x #4 Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:28 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 48519 battles

Feels similar to the way tanks foz a few years ago.

Back then you could move the turret but not the tank.

This may be a small snap version.

This may only be noticeable when zoomed in because it's so quick.

Something got broken in the last update.

MaxChaos24-x #5 Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:29 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 14480 battles
  • [WGW]

View Postmarinefish666-x, on 07 April 2021 - 09:20 AM, said:

I have also noticed stuttering.

Don't try blaming the internet or software corruption.

It's a WOT problem so look into it.

It happens randomly throughout the game.

I notice it when zoomed in on a target.

It moves instantly 

Hello, it has been looked into. As mentioned, it seems to be specific to certain players. We cannot get any performance degradation in either test environment, or when playing on the live version of the game. Smoke, explosions, etc, we've tried to re-enact the reports and have steady smooth frame rates.

We also track frame rates for maps and have a frame rate heat map and everything is looking good. There have been maps in the past that had frame rate issue so were pulled due to the poor performance. Just stating this as we know it can happen and take action when there is an issue. 

Click to send in a Support Ticket!

Haukkis-x #6 Posted 07 April 2021 - 02:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39692 battles

View PostMaxChaos24-x, on 07 April 2021 - 02:29 PM, said:

Hello, it has been looked into. As mentioned, it seems to be specific to certain players. We cannot get any performance degradation in either test environment, or when playing on the live version of the game. Smoke, explosions, etc, we've tried to re-enact the reports and have steady smooth frame rates.

We also track frame rates for maps and have a frame rate heat map and everything is looking good. There have been maps in the past that had frame rate issue so were pulled due to the poor performance. Just stating this as we know it can happen and take action when there is an issue. 

Back in the day, when I still had regular Xbox One I remember how looking through some in some maps (Himmelsdorf, Thiepval Ridge come to my mind) caused frame rate drop (I presume this is same as stuttering? Not gonna google it right now.) in some maps. Stadt Der Dunkelheit was the worst for frame rate drops. Luckily those things are now gonne for me since I upgraded to Xbox One X back in 2018. However, I've recently noticed some frame rate drop at the very beginning of the game in Himmelsdorf, nothing major though since it only happens in first few seconds of the battle.

Edited by Haukkis-x, 07 April 2021 - 02:29 PM.

marinefish666-x #7 Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:17 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 48519 battles

Its not really a frame rate slow down.

It just stutters once an a while.

I don't notice a slow down in the rest of the game.

I will keep track what map I notice it on.

JASOCveteran-x #8 Posted 07 April 2021 - 05:11 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 93659 battles
I experience the same issue at both spawn points on the Himmelsdorf map frequently. It continues until you move about one or two squares away on the map or until the majority of your team moves out of the spawn area around the flag. 

Sir_DeviLAsS-p #9 Posted 07 April 2021 - 05:17 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7073 battles
The game has been stuttering for many days and with many players. Mainly on the European server. My internet connection is ok too.

A Rottweiler is also a type of tank, albeit a drooling one. As a male, even with a large pipe and marbles.

My Rotti's name is Teddy

Derekthetree-x #10 Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:15 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21997 battles
  • [BEARD]

View PostMaxChaos24-x, on 07 April 2021 - 01:29 PM, said:

I'm surprised that Himmelsdorf doesn't get flagged. Start of each game, either spawn, and my framerate drops hugely. No lag, just low frames. Clears up once you move out of the spawn square and everyone has moved apart.

WobMobHE-p #11 Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:46 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19267 battles
  • [AKTIV]
Everyone I play with has this framerate drop problem in the spawn of a Himmelsdorf battle. 

DwarfOnDrugs-x #12 Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 38183 battles
  • [CRPT]

View PostMaxChaos24-x, on 07 April 2021 - 12:51 PM, said:

Hello, we have not seen any of the frame rate issues that some players see even when using the same consoles and same locations in the live game. It's possible that maybe you need a clean install of the game in case it's related to a fragmentation issue. 

Himmelsdorf is awful.

I have original Xbox One and has about 5 powerpoint slides per second.

My friends on Xbox One X also has FPS issues.

Everyone on discord talks about fps issues on Himmelsdorf.

Stadt dun dunkelheit only had bad fps before it was removed (on the hill)

Himmelsdorf is now somehow worse and has FPS issues everywhere bar 1/2 line

(With that being said don’t remove it to fix it please. It’s one of the only competitive maps left)

Smaugone1-x #13 Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24260 battles

View PostWobMobHE-p, on 07 April 2021 - 11:46 PM, said:

Everyone I play with has this framerate drop problem in the spawn of a Himmelsdorf battle. 

That's the only slowdown I've experienced. 

Occasionally I've seen the background flashing, but that seems random, and not possible to recreate.

REMEMBER-It's just a game.

Haukkis-x #14 Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39692 battles

View PostDwarfOnDrugs-x, on 08 April 2021 - 09:28 AM, said:

Himmelsdorf is awful.

I have original Xbox One and has about 5 powerpoint slides per second.

My friends on Xbox One X also has FPS issues.

Everyone on discord talks about fps issues on Himmelsdorf.

Stadt dun dunkelheit only had bad fps before it was removed (on the hill)

Himmelsdorf is now somehow worse and has FPS issues everywhere bar 1/2 line

(With that being said don’t remove it to fix it please. It’s one of the only competitive maps left)

This. I don't want to see any map to be removed.

TimMac PA-x #15 Posted 09 April 2021 - 10:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 65846 battles

View PostJASOCveteran-x, on 07 April 2021 - 05:11 PM, said:

I experience the same issue at both spawn points on the Himmelsdorf map frequently. It continues until you move about one or two squares away on the map or until the majority of your team moves out of the spawn area around the flag. 

I get this too, only GHimmel, and I've only noticed it in the south spawn.

Smaugone1-x #16 Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24260 battles

Speaking of Himmelsdorf, what is wrong with the barking dog at the match start? It sounds like it's trapped in the sewer or something. Both spawns.

REMEMBER-It's just a game.

BrotherJohn2190-p #17 Posted 12 April 2021 - 01:57 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10689 battles
  • [RIKI]

View PostMaxChaos24-x, on 07 April 2021 - 07:51 AM, said:

Hey Max, I've notice when in sniper mode for a period there's like a lag, or stutter or glitch or something at once in every match. Usually it's no big deal except it may cost me shot once in a while. Just wondering what it could be or if there's something I could do on my end. I play on a PS4 if that means anything. Thanks.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users