• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

TiiTaN Eclipse-x #1 Posted 07 April 2021 - 05:31 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20884 battles
  • [CLIPS]

Hey guys, 

As requested I stopped posting videos onto the forums, today's post is slightly different however, because I want to get your opinions, thoughts and discussion going as to what you guys really think about this new modern era, true vision and the whole load of stuff coming into the game (new maps, map sizes, new tanks etc.) I can already see that there will be more and more problems that need to be fixed with the game, considering there are plenty of stuff still wrong with the game right now, (pretty obvious one like the consumable resupply reticule bug etc.) I know that bugs happen but Its frustrating when it feels like a beta when it's promised to be ground-breaking. I am always positive on the general side regarding world of tanks and have been for most of the time other than when there are some actual catastrophic mistakes ( and there have been a few) It's important to be critical and today is no different after hearing the plans for the future of console. I have brought up some clear points of discussion which I find disturbing regarding the NEW GAME MODE coming onto console. 

The Points I feel are necessary to be discussed are as follows:

- Separating the current matchmaker to the new one ( causes longer queue time and also removes players from the old one at launch) 

- Introducing brand new mechanics into an established game with core mechanics being altered is not good for attracting players from other versions of tanks.

- Introducing modern tanks could be good and interesting but then you drastically change the whole game revolved around them making the current players who support the game feeling slightly bemused as to why that was done at all considering its already hard to balance a well established game for example wot pc who are even longer and still haven't managed it.

-Adding in true vision again and again and again and again is not fun for the playerbase, it's been tested in live game three times if im correct and was rejected three times with the majority disliking it entirely or finding it ok (but still a step down from whats already in the game). Creating a whole new game mode that uses this system doesn't make the change good and I certainly don't want the devs to look at the initial numbers at launch as to which game mode people are playing as to implement it into the current ww2 era game because guess what, people tend to play the newest content regardless of how it is balanced etc at launch. 

-Final major thing is the new consumables tend to promote camping, coupled with the removal of artillery and health regen mechanics mean that being aggressive will be a negative and thus promote camping or at least sniping. Then add in smoke for people to pop on the very odd occasion they do get spotted, since light tanks become irrelevant if there even are any on the new tanks coming in will lead to some pretty toxic metas that won't be at all fun for new players that of which make up a large proportion of your game. 

Im very much interested into seeing what you guys have to say and what you think of the points I've mentioned, I have made a video that is linked down below should you wish to go into even greater depth into this new game mode and my own criticisms and suggestions. Timestamps are provided below too. 

I am not trying to create a toxic feeling towards wargaming on this post I am trying to give some critiques and ask some tough questions regarding the way they treat the game in terms of development as well as corporately too. It's important that game companies are held responsible and that they take into account their playerbase whilst also holding their hands up sometimes when they know what they've done is bad or sub par. If you've read this far I thank you and I'd like to see your comments!

Youtube Video: 

Timestamps:

00:00 - Introduction

01:55 - Overview of new update

02:38 - Matchmaker Impacts

06:00 - Modern Tank Era

06:40 - WW2 Era Tank Changes

08:40 - WW2 Update Discussion

09:37 - Wot Maps Changes

11:06 - Test the game first

12:37 - Game Mechanic Changes

16:09 - Consumable Changes

19:25 - My Criticisms + Discussion

32:37 - Recommendations

36:00 - Your Opinions

38:47 - Conclusion

MaxMiner11-x #2 Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24080 battles
I have missed several shots lately from the reticle jump when my food goes into cool down.

Is the jump the same as the jump built into the hydro mediums? I haven't played them enough to know.

If it is, I would try taking the jump out of the hydro mediums and see if that alters/fixes the consumable jump too.

My reasoning is that both happen at a change of state and seem the same to me.  I could be way off though.

TiiTaN Eclipse-x #3 Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20884 battles
  • [CLIPS]

View PostMaxMiner11-x, on 07 April 2021 - 06:05 PM, said:

I have missed several shots lately from the reticle jump when my food goes into cool down.

Is the jump the same as the jump built into the hydro mediums? I haven't played them enough to know.

If it is, I would try taking the jump out of the hydro mediums and see if that alters/fixes the consumable jump too.

My reasoning is that both happen at a change of state and seem the same to me. I could be way off though.

It's so frustrating for sure. can't believe that hasnt been fixed over other visual stuff considering it actually hinders gameplay 

greyweasel UK-x #4 Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:47 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 18638 battles
They were intent on making patch kits a thing years ago, clashed with the community, wg backed down, and yet persist with them now. It works for Warships due to the distances & 1 dimensional combat, but not here. It's like the damage reduction skill & equipment, cheap moves to waste a slot that ultimately wont save you from foolish plays. 

I think you nailed it with the point of chasing different audiences, that magic dragon constantly eluding them with more players falling away in the chaos of their own making. 

PhonicKitty8825-x #5 Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21918 battles
  • [1CAB]
A bright future. Nothing really I can complain about the next update.

3 MoE: IS-7           Tier X Aces: T 100 LT, T95E6, Obj. 430, 121, TVP T50/51, Valour T95/FV4201 Chieftain, IS-4, IS-7, Obj. 277, Obj. 705a, Type 5 Heavy, Obj. 268, Obj. 268v5,  

Jagdpanzer E100                  

https://gamerdvr.com...video/126807488 10k game

UrticateArc6122-x #6 Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:33 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8514 battles

I'm keeping an open mind about the new mode, but I think the player base deserve a decent preview of it.

TV being in the new mode I don't see so much of a problem with as it's a separate mode and you don't have to play it. It actually makes more sense with bigger maps, no arty and smoke grenades etc and will lead to very different gameplay which is potentially interesting. I actually think it would be a waste of the introduction of modern tanks to have them effectively play the same as the tanks currently in the game.

Will there be any light tanks in the new mode? My tank history isn't great, but didn't the advent of main battle tanks kind of do away with different tank categories?

My main worry is that development of the current game will be effectively stopped as this mode is clearly the WGCB management's baby and the direction they want the game to move in in the future.

I've said a number of times that I think the current game is going to have a permanent severely reduced map rotation now and this new announcement confirms it for me.

Actually I think a good move for WG in the future would be to let WGCB turn WOT console into the modern tanks game they want and for WoT on PC to adjusted to allow the latest gen of consoles to play it. No idea if that's possible or not.

Edited by UrticateArc6122-x, 07 April 2021 - 07:37 PM.

"Sooner or later, all games become serious." - J.G. Ballard

Tempest fox3-x #7 Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:44 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25321 battles
  • [JOCO]
Thanks for halting your daily thread production.

I can't say I'm as optimistic about wots future as some seem to be but I guess we'll see what transpires.

Good video.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil, Obj.416 - In order obtained

Spoiler

FROSTY JIACK-x #8 Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:54 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22832 battles
  • [TFOW]
I don't care what they do with this new game mode because I won't be playing it. If they introduce true vision to the WW2 era, then I'm calling it a day. I welcome the bigger maps, and it amuses me how they still won't make +1/-1 permanent. 

TiiTaN Eclipse-x #9 Posted 07 April 2021 - 08:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20884 battles
  • [CLIPS]

View PostUrticateArc6122-x, on 07 April 2021 - 07:33 PM, said:

I'm keeping an open mind about the new mode, but I think the player base deserve a decent preview of it.

TV being in the new mode I don't see so much of a problem with as it's a separate mode and you don't have to play it. It actually makes more sense with bigger maps, no arty and smoke grenades etc and will lead to very different gameplay which is potentially interesting. I actually think it would be a waste of the introduction of modern tanks to have them effectively play the same as the tanks currently in the game.

Will there be any light tanks in the new mode? My tank history isn't great, but didn't the advent of main battle tanks kind of do away with different tank categories?

My main worry is that development of the current game will be effectively stopped as this mode is clearly the WGCB management's baby and the direction they want the game to move in in the future.

I've said a number of times that I think the current game is going to have a permanent severely reduced map rotation now and this new announcement confirms it for me.

Actually I think a good move for WG in the future would be to let WGCB turn WOT console into the modern tanks game they want and for WoT on PC to adjusted to allow the latest gen of consoles to play it. No idea if that's possible or not.

I think it could be a good change but the insistence on having the true vision is annoying considering their testing. I also hope the smoke doesn't cause any graphics issues because you see what frame rate is like on himmelsdorf when you go near smoke and also destroyed tanks etc. I think if they want to move in this direction I'm fine with it but don't mix and match the core game mechanics between the modes. I feel liek for newer players they will get hurt more than vets because of the TV mechanic will mean they just increase the disparity of skill between the two skill levels making better players have better games and new players having worse games. Ik for sure when they tested my damage statistics per battle shot up dramatically, as well as my caused/received as with bush mechanics and other features I could simply use my knowledge of the game to take out tanks in weaker positions even more. But it didn;t feel fun penning tanks 3/4 of the map away where they had no chance of seeing me or any risk for me. Don't get me wrong im going to give it a go and test out and give my full opinion on release or a few days after but my current predictions don't look to good. I just really hope it is nowhere near as buggy and broken as when update 6.0 dropped. Maybe this has been worked on harder and by more people than upgrading the previous ww2 game mechanics etc so it could be more polished. I've yet to see much to believe othewise though.

TiiTaN Eclipse-x #10 Posted 07 April 2021 - 08:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20884 battles
  • [CLIPS]

View PostFROSTY JIACK-x, on 07 April 2021 - 07:54 PM, said:

I don't care what they do with this new game mode because I won't be playing it. If they introduce true vision to the WW2 era, then I'm calling it a day. I welcome the bigger maps, and it amuses me how they still won't make +1/-1 permanent. 

I would like to see +1-1 and it could certainly be permanent at this point would be so beneficial for new players especially.

UrticateArc6122-x #11 Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:09 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8514 battles

View PostTiiTaN Eclipse-x, on 07 April 2021 - 08:52 PM, said:

I think it could be a good change but the insistence on having the true vision is annoying considering their testing. I also hope the smoke doesn't cause any graphics issues because you see what frame rate is like on himmelsdorf when you go near smoke and also destroyed tanks etc. I think if they want to move in this direction I'm fine with it but don't mix and match the core game mechanics between the modes. I feel liek for newer players they will get hurt more than vets because of the TV mechanic will mean they just increase the disparity of skill between the two skill levels making better players have better games and new players having worse games. Ik for sure when they tested my damage statistics per battle shot up dramatically, as well as my caused/received as with bush mechanics and other features I could simply use my knowledge of the game to take out tanks in weaker positions even more. But it didn;t feel fun penning tanks 3/4 of the map away where they had no chance of seeing me or any risk for me. Don't get me wrong im going to give it a go and test out and give my full opinion on release or a few days after but my current predictions don't look to good. I just really hope it is nowhere near as buggy and broken as when update 6.0 dropped. Maybe this has been worked on harder and by more people than upgrading the previous ww2 game mechanics etc so it could be more polished. I've yet to see much to believe othewise though.

I'm hoping that the maps and mechanics of the new mode have been given enough thought and design effort to make true vision work. It surely has to be effectively a new game designed from the ground up. The issue of course is that the implementation of 6.0 hasn't given us much faith in the ability of WGCB to pull it off.

Edited by UrticateArc6122-x, 07 April 2021 - 09:10 PM.

"Sooner or later, all games become serious." - J.G. Ballard

Ditch Doc-x #12 Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28968 battles

I want to be excited about something new to do, and a different kind of experience with new tanks and mechanics while retaining the core game. But I can’t escape the suspicion that they will use this as a validation for True Vision and eventually convert the whole game. I also think this shows they can’t walk and chew gum at the same time, as they seem to have almost entirely stopped fixes to the core game while this was being worked on (almost, the change to the red color is very much appreciated). So even if this new mode really stays a separate mode and the core game remains, it feels like there won’t be enough attention paid to restoring the remaining deficiencies in the core game or returning maps into rotation. 

I want to be wrong. I hope the new mode is great and the core game gets the attention it needs as well. I want the playerbase to grow and thrive. It’s not the way I’d bet though.

“They’re trying to kill me,” Yossarian told him calmly. ”No one’s trying to kill you,” Clevinger cried.

”Then why are they shooting at me?” Yossarian asked. ”They’re shooting at everyone,” Clevinger answered. “They’re trying to kill everyone.”

”And what difference does that make?” Joseph Heller, Catch-22

alw2001-p #13 Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16870 battles

View PostPhonicKitty8825-x, on 07 April 2021 - 07:26 PM, said:

A bright future. Nothing really I can complain about the next update.

A bright future? What are you on? 

Pit Friend-x #14 Posted 07 April 2021 - 10:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38947 battles
  • [PTATO]
As soon as they mentioned both larger maps and True Vision I knew the new mode is not something I’m going to want to even try. I’m not good at twitch shooters anymore and True Vision just turns the game into one. And on a larger map it’ll be even worse for my older eyes. I just don’t need the frustration in something I’m doing for fun. 

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

Fleshy Nun-x #15 Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:43 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23372 battles

I wasn't fan of yours vids but today I read and I'm surprised that you aloud yourself miss the most important topics allready existing with current development started at 15.12.2020.

You point important issues. But all you talking about is in game futures.

Honestly it's not important at all. The reason I'm saying this is simple, and the pattern of this kind of discussion lay down on the hands of developing team. They making this kind of choices to survive, get paycheck, and since the very beginning they never get up to proper setup of the game title. Constantly ignoring reality (us players), constantly under performing regardless quality, always rushing or creating and publishing unfinished futures.

WE PLAYERS GET USED TO IT!!! 

Yes we did. Why? We love playing tanks. The psychological perspective of people behaviour aloud WGCB survive that long. 

So... 

We can talk on this very forum for days or years but real things beat the crap of virtually reality of this particular game. People behind decisions like Mr Wagner and other like him brought this pointles topic and it's not your fault OP, it's just you care more than they do. 

THE ONLY MATTER TOPIC IS WHY WARGAMING KEEP THIS GAME BRAKERS ON PAYROLL. 

PhonicKitty8825-x #16 Posted 08 April 2021 - 04:50 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21918 battles
  • [1CAB]

View Postalw2001-p, on 07 April 2021 - 10:35 PM, said:

A bright future? What are you on? 

Not in a deep depression because of one update in a video game?

3 MoE: IS-7           Tier X Aces: T 100 LT, T95E6, Obj. 430, 121, TVP T50/51, Valour T95/FV4201 Chieftain, IS-4, IS-7, Obj. 277, Obj. 705a, Type 5 Heavy, Obj. 268, Obj. 268v5,  

Jagdpanzer E100                  

TiiTaN Eclipse-x #17 Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:04 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20884 battles
  • [CLIPS]

View PostUrticateArc6122-x, on 07 April 2021 - 09:09 PM, said:

I'm hoping that the maps and mechanics of the new mode have been given enough thought and design effort to make true vision work. It surely has to be effectively a new game designed from the ground up. The issue of course is that the implementation of 6.0 hasn't given us much faith in the ability of WGCB to pull it off.

I think that the mechanics such as smoke is a good idea and relevant to modern era tanks and could 100% work well, Ik that the health regen kind of makes it a little less satisfying and rewarding when you outplay someone or deal damage since. If you deal damage in that one point in time they will just get it back and almost makes it pointless to deal damage unless it tracks or forces them to take more damage. Especially if you have lower alpha damage. Obviously we don't know how much damage and what other features the game will have and it's gonna be interesting to see the route they take. I am definitely hesitant though and I 100% would recommend testing out the mode in a constant feedback approach where they test it for a week people give feedback in game as an option since casual players who are the majority of your game aren't typically inclined to go onto forums or other external sites to vote on content etc. 

I think the concept is good and Im not against change, but the change has to be methodical and approached in the right way. Maybe some more community involvement would be better, since they really have limited  exchange, outside of twitch streams etc.

TiiTaN Eclipse-x #18 Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:11 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20884 battles
  • [CLIPS]

View PostDitch Doc-x, on 07 April 2021 - 09:15 PM, said:

I want to be excited about something new to do, and a different kind of experience with new tanks and mechanics while retaining the core game. But I can’t escape the suspicion that they will use this as a validation for True Vision and eventually convert the whole game. 

I think that is one of my major and I mean major worries for current players. I definitely don't want them to take initial server population on the new game mode as a statistic to suggest all the game should be true vision, because let's be honest obviously everyone will try the brand new mode never before seen on any world of tanks game and play for the next few times they come on. That doesn't mean that it's the better mode initially. Obviously its all speculation but I think some things need to be set in stone before release as to direction of wot. 

It's a bit wishy washy with regards to what the true direction of the game is set out by the devs. Are they now focusing more on modern tanks and the new mode or is it going to be 50/50 development etc. Are they focusing on making this game the modern game for the world of tanks franchise. Just give us your directional thoughts, it's frustrating as a player not knowing if one day were gonna wake up with modern tanks dominating the direction which we didn't know was going to happen or if the main core game is the focus. I would emplore some more communication between wargaming console as a company and its direction and action its taking for the game, so the player base can get onboard. The teasers are fun and all for revealing certain tanks etc, but they aren't good to tease massive changes with very little info. I'd like to see more long term direction (im talking whats planned for the future in 1 year+ not that in next month theres gonna be new game mode and youll get more info next week) 

Lysith3a-x #19 Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:43 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17204 battles

View PostFROSTY JIACK-x, on 07 April 2021 - 07:54 PM, said:

I don't care what they do with this new game mode because I won't be playing it. If they introduce true vision to the WW2 era, then I'm calling it a day. 

This is likely the plan. Introduce TV via the new mode, then hail it a stunning success before implementing it into the core game.

Still, kudos to WGA for finding yet another way to wring $$$ out of players - your Commanders won’t be needing the camo skills any more so cha-ching look at all those 90g respec $$$s rolling in...

I aim to misbehave

PhonicKitty8825-x #20 Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21918 battles
  • [1CAB]

View PostLysith3a-x, on 08 April 2021 - 07:43 AM, said:

This is likely the plan. Introduce TV via the new mode, then hail it a stunning success before implementing it into the core game.

Still, kudos to WGA for finding yet another way to wring $$$ out of players - your Commanders won’t be needing the camo skills any more so cha-ching look at all those 90g respec $$$s rolling in...

You´ll still need to spot them to get outlines/ penetration chance.

Jagdpanzer E100                  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users