• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

TiiTaN Eclipse-x #21 Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:22 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20874 battles
  • [CLIPS]

View PostPhonicKitty8825-x, on 08 April 2021 - 08:17 AM, said:

You´ll still need to spot them to get outlines/ penetration chance.

I think that just ends up meaning seasoned players will do better since they don't need penetration chances or an outline to deal damage, therefore making it more of an advantage for older players than the new players. Counter intuitive if you want new players to have a good experience in my personal opinion.

AleTieCan05-x #22 Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:26 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 52630 battles

View PostLysith3a-x, on 08 April 2021 - 07:43 AM, said:

This is likely the plan. Introduce TV via the new mode, then hail it a stunning success before implementing it into the core game.

Still, kudos to WGA for finding yet another way to wring $$$ out of players - your Commanders won’t be needing the camo skills any more so cha-ching look at all those 90g respec $$$s rolling in...

I don't think so, I think that WGCB's goal is simply to transform the mode that is now called "classic" into "legacy" over time, because they have decided that it is no longer profitable; do you think it is normal that they have given away so many premium tanks after the 6.0 downgrade? (and that they are giving away in masses even today) this is simply because in this way they have kept the players "attached" to a version of the game substantially "wrong" (it is clear that the 6.0 has been pre-determined for the new game mode; example: the current exaggerated increase in accuracy is perfect for long distance fire with TV but not for the balance of the "classic" game) and incomplete, knowing that anyway those tanks soon they would no longer sell because obsolete and "legacy".

Ariesinho-p #23 Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:27 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7250 battles

View PostLysith3a-x, on 08 April 2021 - 07:43 AM, said:

Still, kudos to WGA for finding yet another way to wring $$$ out of players - your Commanders won’t be needing the camo skills any more so cha-ching look at all those 90g respec $$$s rolling in...

Well, that is the only reason that company exists in the first place.

Customers just have to decide if they want to support turd with their money or not. Simple as that.

Knallteufel 777-x #24 Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:30 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 59950 battles

View PostPhonicKitty8825-x, on 07 April 2021 - 08:26 PM, said:

A bright future. Nothing really I can complain about the next update.

Hopefully a better future than Armored Warfare :Troll Gesicht: Devs were also excited about modern tanks. The enthusiasm was really great. Game over...

alw2001-p #25 Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:33 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16858 battles

View PostPhonicKitty8825-x, on 08 April 2021 - 04:50 AM, said:

Not in a deep depression because of one update in a video game?

Wow u change your tone 50 times a day, definitely on something.

bob da botcha-x #26 Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:40 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22941 battles
  • [D-12]

It is just a question of time before the core game as you know it will become the game mode , then phased out the way that proving grounds and war stories went .

The '' new game mode '' was supposed to be introduced as the core game  when 6.0 dropped but the complaints about true vision put that on hold because of the mass exodus of their main player base .

I'm not a fan of true vision and had no enjoyment when they live tested it in the old game El Haluf was a disaster .

I fear that WGCB have lost sight of what a great game they had a few years ago and have no respect for their player base 6.0 proved that when they stole yes stole players hard earned skills and perks from them and thought compensating them with xp was justified .

True vision will no doubt be their downfall as i predict more of their cash paying customers will leave or not buy gold anymore or premium tanks .I hope this won't be the case but fear it will be .

Edited by bob da botcha-x, 08 April 2021 - 09:00 AM.

PhonicKitty8825-x #27 Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:41 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21900 battles
  • [1CAB]

View PostKnallteufel 777-x, on 08 April 2021 - 08:30 AM, said:

Hopefully a better future than Armored Warfare :Troll Gesicht: Devs were also excited about modern tanks. The enthusiasm was really great. Game over...

But AW had to stand against WoT,  WoT doesn´t have to stand agaisnt AW because it´s dead.

3 MoE: IS-7           Tier X Aces: T 100 LT, T95E6, Obj. 430, 121, TVP T50/51, Valour T95/FV4201 Chieftain, IS-4, IS-7, Obj. 277, Obj. 705a, Type 5 Heavy, Obj. 268, Obj. 268v5,  

Jagdpanzer E100                  

https://gamerdvr.com...video/126807488 10k game

Lysith3a-x #28 Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:48 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17195 battles

View PostAleTieCan05-x, on 08 April 2021 - 08:26 AM, said:

I don't think so, I think that WGCB's goal is simply to transform the mode that is now called "classic" into "legacy" over time, because they have decided that it is no longer profitable; do you think it is normal that they have given away so many premium tanks after the 6.0 downgrade? (and that they are giving away in masses even today) this is simply because in this way they have kept the players "attached" to a version of the game substantially "wrong" (it is clear that the 6.0 has been pre-determined for the new game mode; example: the current exaggerated increase in accuracy is perfect for long distance fire with TV but not for the balance of the "classic" game) and incomplete, knowing that anyway those tanks soon they would no longer sell because obsolete and "legacy".

True, but this is on the predication that the new game mode doesn’t fall flat on its face like almost every other mode innovation has done before it. 

On the other hand, it might be best if 99% of WGA headspace is focused on the new mode going forward. Since Valor every time they’ve touched the core game it’s been a net negative.

I aim to misbehave

AleTieCan05-x #29 Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:56 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 52630 battles

View PostLysith3a-x, on 08 April 2021 - 08:48 AM, said:

True, but this is on the predication that the new game mode doesn’t fall flat on its face like almost every other mode innovation has done before it. 

On the other hand, it might be best if 99% of WGA headspace is focused on the new mode going forward. Since Valor every time they’ve touched the core game it’s been a net negative.

there is only one point to clarify... the "core game", as you call it, and to which you are referring, no longer exists... now the "core game" is the "new gamemode" and the one that is being played today is only a "fake" version of the previous core placed on the new core; for this reason it seems almost all "wrong" compared to 5.0...

PhonicKitty8825-x #30 Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21900 battles
  • [1CAB]

View PostAleTieCan05-x, on 08 April 2021 - 09:56 AM, said:

there is only one point to clarify... the "core game", as you call it, and to which you are referring, no longer exists... now the "core game" is the "new gamemode" and the one that is being played today is only a "fake" version of the previous core placed on the new core; for this reason it seems almost all "wrong" compared to 5.0...

For a short period of time when you could make 18 milion silver every 2 days in Commander mode, that was my core game.

3 MoE: IS-7           Tier X Aces: T 100 LT, T95E6, Obj. 430, 121, TVP T50/51, Valour T95/FV4201 Chieftain, IS-4, IS-7, Obj. 277, Obj. 705a, Type 5 Heavy, Obj. 268, Obj. 268v5,  

Jagdpanzer E100                  

Lysith3a-x #31 Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:27 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17195 battles

View PostAleTieCan05-x, on 08 April 2021 - 09:56 AM, said:

Cor blimey! :D

I don’t disagree. It’s clear now that a key driver for 6.0 was laying the foundations for the new mode.

I aim to misbehave

Leonidas SR71-x #32 Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:02 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34776 battles
  • [X-OFF]

View Postalw2001-p, on 08 April 2021 - 08:33 AM, said:

Wow u change your tone 50 times a day, definitely on something.

Hey....now....then....He is obviously a genius as he thinks that a 15-16% constriction of the player base over the last month is a reflection of how well the games doing!!!!

:teethhappy:

Edited by Leonidas SR71-x, 08 April 2021 - 12:02 PM.

"Don't tell me I'm still on that fecking island?!!"

Un De Fonceur-x #33 Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:42 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31796 battles
  • [39-45]

First, I'm happy to see it isn't another lame topic casually trashing Wargaming, just for trashing. Here, there is argumentation (in the video, I mean), and that's a good point :great:.

Secondly, I had the same hypothesis than you about why the 6.0 was released in its state : I don't think a true developper would have thought, in december, that this huge update was ready, not at all. But some people higher in the hierarchy didn't see, or didn't listen to the dev's feedback about it, and asked to release it ... Leading to the result we knewn. Unfortunately, it isn't these guys we blamed, but developpers, or just creative staff . As time goes by, the WoT Update 6.0 case seems to me similar to the Cyberpunk 2077's one : despite the clearly talented team (they are the fathers of Witcher 3, god damn it !!), because of lack of management, of times to get PC and console's versions ready and a clunky marketing, they weren't able to do miracles, and now we see how it turns on.

I've done it already in the comments of the recap of the 04/06/21 stream, but I'm going to repeat what I think about True Vision :

True Vision isn't that bad ... But it cannot work in WoT's current state :

Clearly, I will play the Devil's advocate here, but ... I'm not that much against the True Vision. When test session came for it, I was kinda curious to test it out, and, by the end, got some good games with it. HOWEVER, I understand why players didn't like it. Let me explain it :

True Vision isn't bad in itself … Otherwise, War Thunder players would have complained about it for a very VERY long time. Moreover, if I’m not mistaking, it is here for as long as the game exists (If I’m wrong, could a WT player correct me, please?). So clearly, there is something in Wot that makes True Vision not working … But what ? According to me, two things :
MAPS and VISION

1. The maps in WT, even in the first tier, are pretty big. Bigger than WoT’s ones, for sure. It helps creating distance between tanks in order to do not being spotted too easily. But in WoT, it is, and even more in the higher tiers, difficult to create distance in order to stay out of ennemies’s sight. Some maps are so little you can spot tanks at the other side of the map while you’re on the other one, that’s ridiculous. 

2. In WT, the best tool you have to see tanks are your binoculars … And … That’s … All. Just this and your awareness to see and know if you’re seen … But in World of Tanks, you have your current vision + the aiming mode, which can zoom up to x4 (!!!) + detection’s system brought by the game, to spot for you ennemies and put a huge mark on your map. Furthermore, WoT is, for me, much more colorful than WT is, helping us again to see tanks.

If I sum up what I said : Little maps + eagle vision with your tank + Detection system that spots tanks for you + easy to see thanks to colour =True Vision s#cks :medal:!

I understand those who say it shouldn’t be in the game : we always played it according to the classic spotting mechanics, and tanks are balanced also by taking into account this. But personnally, I don’t feel like it is incompatible with WoT … But not with the current mechanics we have.
If I could be able to adress this issue, here is what I would do :

1. Game wouldn’t spot ennemies for us if they are at more than 300 meters from us, for example ; if they are further, it is up to us to see them. But if a player, we could ping the map, like WT do when they saw ennemies not shown on the map. And by the way, we should reduce, in this mode, « view range » of our tanks, by applying a multiplier on it, like x0,5, x0,6 (like RNG does with damage and penetration).

2. The aiming mod should not zoom more than 3 times, according to me. Otherwise, it would be too powerfull.

Having bigger maps could also help to reduce True Vision drawbacks in WoT. The same with smokescreens, which is a feature I’m sure I will love :great:.

However, if it has to show it fails, at least it won’t affect the « classic » WoT, only this new mode (well ... At least not now), which should have been renamed « testing mode » : players would have understand it would be used as a sandbox-server-like, here to test things like they do on PC. The worst that could happen, indeed, is the fact they see it doesn’t work AND players disapprove it, but someone decide that, because they spent too much time on it, they will no matter what implement it in the « classic » WoT. Then I would understand players’s complain … And I will surely be among them to say « No ! » to this.

But until we have more news and infos about it, all i can see is … Wait and see !

And for the other stuff ?

Patch hull kit ? No thanks !

Ok, for this one, I have to disagree. I don’t think restoring health in World of tanks should be a thing. We are already able in this game (especially if we compare to WT) to repair our tanks at a surprising speed (For example … No, we cannot repair a massive Maus’s track in less than 10 seconds ! In reality, it should take few hours), so restoring some health could be too much, for me. I feel like the majority do not want it (as you said, it has been already proposed, and they went back when they saw majority not ok with it) so… Wargaming, don't spend time on it, it isn’t necessary :) . Use this time for something else. 

Modern tanks :

If it is true, then I will be happy : new tanks is always often a good things (I’m sure on WoT PC, with hindsight, they are thinking wheeled tanks, in the state they are, were a terrible idea). I’m just curious about their game style, and how ammo and armor are going to be implemented, because it has close to nothing in common with what is used currently in WoT : their shell can penetrate more than 400-450 mm easily and their armor do not react the same way WoT current tanks’s ones do, because of their composition, so … Wait and see.

... Well, in fact, there’s a thing I’m a bit scared of  : I'm afraid of having little to no variety in the modern tanks we could have ; indeed, if we consider what exist now, we can reduce them to only three classes : lights, MBTs (Main Battle Tanks ; they are like super mediums) and artillery. The variety’s issue is particularly visible with MBTs, where they are, let’s be honest, pretty close each others, while we have an insane variety of style in WoT (lights with huge gun, autoloaders, nuke launcher, unstoppable heavy, heavy-medium, tanks with hydraulic suspension like STRV 103B, etc.). I hope they are going to manage to implement tanks like Leclerc, Abrahams, Leopard 2 well enough in order to have balance and variety … A tricky exercice, let’s be honest.
So once again … Wait and see.

Matchmaking based on ERA :

I’m curious. Not hyped. Not scared. Just … Curious to see how it is going to work. So … « Wait and see ».

Game mode without artillery :

(Because I’m a lazy man, i’m going to copy-paste what I wrote before about it :trollface:)

As long as I despise artillery (I mean how it is built in the game, not the players, of course ! ), I still thinking it has its place in the game … But its current state isn’t good. I have ideas to fix it, but it would be too long to explain it. If I can, I will create a topic where I explain (without salt, without insult) how to possibly do so.

« Its place ?? What kind of place ?? The cancer one ?! » you may be thinking … Let me explain : Tanks classes are made to work like in a game of rock-paper-scissor : lights beat artilleries < mediums beat lights < heavies beat mediums < artilleries beat heavies.

Do you understand ? Without it, tanks with thick armor, especially those on the turret (the « hulldown » ones, like Kranvagn, S.Conqueror, Obj.430U, Obj279e, etc.) would dominate battlefields. And we would have nearly no solution to this, unless having luck and penetrating weakspots on their turret (with PREMIUM, of course ! That’s why we call them WEAK-SPOTS … Sorry for my sarcasm), or shooting HE. Yeah, so much fun -_-  .

So my biggest fear, with this mode, is to see hulldown tanks crushing down anything they encounter … But if maps are designed well enough, it should not happen too much. So … « Wait and see ».

Humm … Isn’t that a lot of stuff to handle for such a little staff ???

I don’t know if you’re aware of it, but the studio in charge of Consoles versions of WoT is … Pretty small for a games studio : around 160 employees (according to Wikipedia). To give you a well known example, Game Freak, considered as a little studio, has around 150 members … Do you see the problem ?

They have, in total (not just developpers) 160 persons, they have to split in order to :
- Repair the mess brought by the 6,0
-Creating premiums tanks
-Improving HUD, lisibility, garage … All those little stuffs
-Modelising the new tech tree tanks
-Plus some little stuff I’m not aware of to keep the game alive …
And now, they split them AGAIN to create a new game mode to test their crazy experiments ?!

Wargaming, I’m afraid you’re bitting off more than you can chew ! You have already a lot of workload, and you decided to add even more ?? … All things considered, I’m scared of facing something like 6,0, whose biggest issue wasn’t their ideas themselves, but the fact they couldn’t finish in time because instead of just fixing what’s broken, they threw everything in the trash to restart from a white page. Despite it wasn’t necessary at all.

At least, here, they haven’t to recreate everything from the beginning for this big update … But the risk of being in front of another unfinished update, but nonetheless release by someone not aware enough of this situation cannot be negligible … Damn, I started this anwser by being optimistic about what they can do … But now I’m afraid of a new mess like in December :ohmy:. Unfortunately, all we can do is pray to have a good enough update in order to do not trigger the playerbase and create another war between Wargaming and their players.

… 

Phew, that was a pretty huge message. If you still here after this massive text block, then … Well done, you are a brave commander :great:. Otherwise, sorry for your eyes :trollface: !

Good luck on the battlefields, commanders :honoring:

ThorrOdinson616-p #34 Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:30 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20715 battles
Everything went backwards for them, they thought that by releasing 6.0 the whole community would be delighted with this new "update" (which realistically is a completely new game that only has World Of Tanks in the name), but the whole community united like never before to tell WGCB everything for this "update" that nobody asked for in the first place, let alone the changes implemented (Garage, HUD, ID, MM, the unjustified removal of all crew abilities (space of the abilities, customization, voices, portraits, name, etc), the unfounded elimination of more than 90% of the maps in the game (in total there are more than 90 maps (almost reaching 100) and we only have a sad amount of maps, which are 19 and without counting the rotation of the same (you get the same map several times in a short time)), among many other negative aspects that were brought with 6. 0.

When they saw that little by little the veterans and those who spent a lot of money were leaving the game, this automatically set off their alarms and that is why they are bringing back things from 5.0 and previous versions, that was never in their plans and with all these last corrections in these 4 months it can be clearly seen.

All these gifts (premium tanks) is simply to keep the players who stayed, it is more an emergency measure than anything else to avoid an even greater decline than there is already.

They promised more transparency and still talking a lot of secrecy as to what the game will be implemented, that does not help much to say.

Lysith3a-x #35 Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:32 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17195 battles

Camping’s bad enough now. Knowing the slightest movement may give your position away to someone on the other side of the map is just going to encourage it even more, especially as there’s no arty.

It’s just something else they’ve been wasting time on instead of addressing things that were actually flawed and people were asking them to address. 4 new maps - how long has that taken? How many of the missing maps that already exist could have been optimised in that time?

I aim to misbehave

PhonicKitty8825-x #36 Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21900 battles
  • [1CAB]

View PostLeonidas SR71-x, on 08 April 2021 - 12:02 PM, said:

Hey....now....then....He is obviously a genius as he thinks that a 15-16% constriction of the player base over the last month is a reflection of how well the games doing!!!!

:teethhappy:

15%, that's your so called majority.

Jagdpanzer E100                  

Leonidas SR71-x #37 Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:26 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34776 battles
  • [X-OFF]

View PostPhonicKitty8825-x, on 08 April 2021 - 08:12 PM, said:

15%, that's your so called majority.

You honestly think that a loss of 15% of the current combined pop in 1 month is nothing to worry about?? If you had 100 beans, and then 15 were stolen by the tooth fairy, leaving you with 85 you wouldn't personnally be just a little worried? Just re read all of posts, at no point have Imentioned the word 'majority'. Would you like to borrow my 'maths for people who have to take off their socks to count to 20' book?

Edited by Leonidas SR71-x, 08 April 2021 - 08:48 PM.

"Don't tell me I'm still on that fecking island?!!"

PhonicKitty8825-x #38 Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21900 battles
  • [1CAB]

View PostLeonidas SR71-x, on 08 April 2021 - 08:26 PM, said:

You honestly think that a loss of 15% of the current combined pop in 1 month is nothing to worry about?? If you had 100 beans, and then 15 were stolen by the tooth fairy, leaving you with 85 you wouldn't personnally be just a little worried?

Nope, because she took the spoiled ones out. I can grow more beans later. Tooth fairy you say? I might have even made some money.

Jagdpanzer E100                  

Big Jimmy Bhoy-x #39 Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5525 battles
It will be interesting to see what the future is if this new mode bombs hard.

FROSTY JIACK-x #40 Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:23 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22809 battles
  • [TFOW]
The outcome is simple. If the new player base exceeds us guys numbers wise, then it's game over for us. They got what they wanted and they don't have to listen to us anymore. Some jobsworth will blow smoke up some devs [edited]in the office that they're onto a winner with a game they don't even play. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users