15 replies to this topic

thackes t2k-x #1 Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:43 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12863 battles
  • [FBTTN]

The game mode sounds great 

but the new consumables I can see it going wrong 

it’s bad now with the wrong tanks camping at the moment with smoke and repairing your tank health it’s gonna get worse for it

if the smoke screen works both ways where they can’t see in or you can’t see out then fair enough 

for the tank regeneration hopefully it’s a one off use to give let’s say 20% back over time allocated but the tank needs to be still for it to take effect 

no artie in the new mode

dont get me wrong I hate artie mains as well as the other fellow tankers but the removal seems to much for it 

just either a. a 30-35% damage reduction or b. Increase the accuracy (0.35 to 0.64 for example) by 30-35% so it gives it balance if they are in and possibly tinker in classic mode

unfortunately they are the necessary evil for or against you 

true sight 

please no elhaulf was a nightmare at t8 it was turn turret and fire on that map when it was tried 

I can’t see the camo factor work for it even on the bigger maps

DwarfOnDrugs-x #2 Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:25 AM

Major

• Players
  • 38183 battles
  • [CRPT]

el halluf was one of the only good true vision maps.

Getting to kill stupid arty players that sat in spawn was a dream scenario 

P3NNYPACK3R-x #3 Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:15 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15876 battles
  • [47R-2]
The direction of the new Era mode is remarkably similar to the way WoW Legends is set up. Health patch and smokescreen options play a vital role in those battles. It works well over there, might be fine in the new Era mode. Definitely looking forward to the option to try the modern tanks out, in my opinion, this is a natural progression of the tank genre, and offers more substantial game play than Commander mode.

ToxicBullbog-p #4 Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22200 battles

The problem i see is Maus fits in the WW2 category yet the Centurion is post war, i imagine someone with better memory and tank knowledge knows a bunch more of these inconsistencies with tank tier and era. So either these eras aren't going to be factual or it will have some serious balance issues.

I don't see an issue with smoke, patch kits are a different story but i don't see them being amazing or anything, simple things like them being heal over time and interruptible would greatly balance them out, not to mention i'd imagine we'll still be stuck with 3 consumable slots.

Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

3 MoE Tanks: 76                               Latest: JagdTiger 8.8                             Greatest: TOG II

Really didn't think about the new perks effects on Arty did you?

the cloraform-x #5 Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:07 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16452 battles
  • [CLIPS]

After watching the stream im excited.

The new game mode will hopefully give wotc the chance to test all the new things before anything is implemented into the main game, almost like the sandbox on pc but with its own style.

It will also hopefully bring in more players that play certain other tank games aswell.

DoomM Slayer-x #6 Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10877 battles

View PostToxicBullbog-p, on 08 April 2021 - 06:55 AM, said:

The problem i see is Maus fits in the WW2 category yet the Centurion is post war, i imagine someone with better memory and tank knowledge knows a bunch more of these inconsistencies with tank tier and era. So either these eras aren't going to be factual or it will have some serious balance issues.

I don't see an issue with smoke, patch kits are a different story but i don't see them being amazing or anything, simple things like them being heal over time and interruptible would greatly balance them out, not to mention i'd imagine we'll still be stuck with 3 consumable slots.

Wait so all post-war tanks are going to be put in this new game mode?

Restless_Vermin-p #7 Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 45728 battles
  • [FUBB]

View PostP3NNYPACK3R-x, on 08 April 2021 - 11:15 AM, said:

The direction of the new Era mode is remarkably similar to the way WoW Legends is set up. Health patch and smokescreen options play a vital role in those battles. It works well over there, might be fine in the new Era mode. Definitely looking forward to the option to try the modern tanks out, in my opinion, this is a natural progression of the tank genre, and offers more substantial game play than Commander mode.

I don’t blame them for tapping into other games to keep it fresh. I’ve no interest in modern tanks, sure I’ll have a look but I doubt it will hold my interest. I just hope they continue supporting the original game and don’t spend all their resources on the new mode 

kingrich06-x #8 Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:36 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 76471 battles

View PostDwarfOnDrugs-x, on 08 April 2021 - 03:25 AM, said:

el halluf was one of the only good true vision maps.

Getting to kill stupid arty players that sat in spawn was a dream scenario 

agreed only stupid inexperienced arty players will sit on top of a hill as a firing position or stay in the open instead of a defilade side of a hill.   TV was great for arty... you had many lights camping in known spotting perch spots, send a Gold HE round there and you will guarantee a blind kill.

78 Tier X's, All Tech trees & Mercs grinded/in garage!! Need to farm 2+billion to equip all tanks.

NEXT to do: Get a crew, from every country, to Rank 17 with 25 skills. GERMANY done (wait,what??WG deleted them}

GOAL: Have every Tank, ACE Mastery with min MOE1 Tanks in the garage263 GOLD+457 TT=TOTAL: 720

GrooIsNoLackey-x #9 Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34549 battles

View PostDoomM Slayer-x, on 08 April 2021 - 12:22 PM, said:

Wait so all post-war tanks are going to be put in this new game mode?

I was under impression that the redacted side would be all new tanks. I could be wrong.

Brass Drag0n-x #10 Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:52 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 38717 battles

View PostGrooIsNoLackey-x, on 08 April 2021 - 01:40 PM, said:

I was under impression that the redacted side would be all new tanks. I could be wrong.

That would involve WG doing some serious work to add in loads of Cold War+ tanks... can't see that happening.

At best they'll ramp up the accuracy of the late 60's "prototype" tanks and say that the rifled barrels have been upgraded to smoothbores.

About the only 'new' tank I can see them adding is some sort of M1 Abrams prototype, to get these mythical new players flocking into the game to try out the "ultimate war machine".

MoE: M4A3E2 (2), Firefly (2), Churchill III (2), KV-5 (2), Pz V/M10​ (2), Tiger 1​ (3)

Goddog-x #11 Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 27131 battles
  • [SDKFZ]
tank regeneration boo.... on ships it makes some sense .... more sense than HE being the main weapon to kill BB's ... but in WOT... just no... 

Winner 3rd place in the  [UNOFFICIAL CHALLENGE #2] Tier V Sturmgeschutz III

Tempest fox3-x #12 Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:37 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 25314 battles
  • [JOCO]
If the new mode is exclusively on the new maps and those maps have been designed with True vision in mind true vision may work (I doubt it but eh). But On most of the maps we currently have it just doesn't. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil, Obj.416 - In order obtained

Spoiler

P3NNYPACK3R-x #13 Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15876 battles
  • [47R-2]

View PostGrooIsNoLackey-x, on 08 April 2021 - 01:40 PM, said:

I would hope we receive new tanks to use in the additional mode. I would also be extremely disappointed if our current WoT tech tree and selection of tanks were altered to accommodate the redacted version. I suspect new info as the time approaches, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for all new tanks rather than a realignment of sorts.

alw2001-p #14 Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:11 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16858 battles
Ive seen a lot of people mention el halluf and true vision. Have they said that this map will see modern tanks or something?

Pit Friend-x #15 Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38939 battles
  • [PTATO]

Smoke kits: Not a bad idea but I see them being used to troll friendlies a lot.  

Patch kits: Bad idea.  Finally wearing down the tough as hell higher tier tank with your popgun and NOPE! It’s all healed. 

True Vision: Especially with even larger maps nope, this is a total deal breaker for me. I play WoT both for the tanks and the fact that it’s not a twitch shooter. True Vision combined with all the accuracy buffs all the guns in the game got make the game a twitch shooter. It was bad enough on the tiny maps but I don’t want to be staring at the screen trying to see a single moving pixel somewhere either. 

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

Derekthetree-x #16 Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21997 battles
  • [BEARD]

View PostPit Friend-x, on 08 April 2021 - 10:51 PM, said:

Smoke kits: Not a bad idea but I see them being used to troll friendlies a lot.  

Patch kits: Bad idea.  Finally wearing down the tough as hell higher tier tank with your popgun and NOPE! It’s all healed. 

True Vision: Especially with even larger maps nope, this is a total deal breaker for me. I play WoT both for the tanks and the fact that it’s not a twitch shooter. True Vision combined with all the accuracy buffs all the guns in the game got make the game a twitch shooter. It was bad enough on the tiny maps but I don’t want to be staring at the screen trying to see a single moving pixel somewhere either. 

Agree, but even the smoke kits seem redundant. They presumably allow you do disguise where you tank is for a limited duration/position, as per warships.

But they are only needed because you are visible the whole time from TV.

How about we have some sort of view range mechanic (like WOWL has...) that is defined using in game stats to determine if you are visible or not. Then no need to implement a consumable?

Presumably the smoke and patch kits will be charged at fixed silver per game, like new 6.0 equipment. Oh I see why they need to change the mechanic to introduce new consumables now. 

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users