Limited edition tanks Skins Key cards Personal offers

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

the cloraform-x #1 Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:39 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16346 battles
  • [CLIPS]

On one of the recent streams skins were mentioned for most new prem tanks and maybe also tech tree . This to me sounds great but it can be taken further.

How about limited edition tanks and skins that can only be gained through key cards. Players like myself have almost all the tanks that are put into rotation in the key cards and would like somthing more. By putting the limited edition tanks and skins into key cards it would also give the free to play players a chance of owning them aswell from the season.

Also how about a weekly personal offer for those that have a lot of the premiums, like a limited edition skin\tank that players are guaranteed not to already own if actual personal offers for tanks not owned cant be acomplished.

Some players wish to continue supporting the game and\or wg it makes sense to keep these players happy rather than relying on newer players to buy things . 

alw2001-p #2 Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16837 battles

NOOOOOOOOOO NOOO NOOOOOOOOOO. Put skins in the game exclusively in key cards so the free to play players can own them? Are you having a laugh?

My free to play key cards always include, a day of premium time, a bit of gold and a bit of silver or free exp. Such a bad idea i think. No to gambling. Especially when its run by WG console.

Personalised personal offers would be cool, allowing you to get a different one if you already own the tank.

Bart Curlish-x #3 Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:37 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12188 battles

View Postthe cloraform-x, on 08 April 2021 - 12:39 PM, said:

How about limited edition tanks and skins that can only be gained through key cards.

By putting the limited edition tanks and skins into key cards it would also give the free to play players a chance of owning them aswell from the season.

Why would you even recommend that with the assumption people will get them from lootboxes? What drop rates do you have?!??

People have bought the maximum bundle of lootboxes, and not received a single tank, so your method could take thousands of IRL cash to achieve. finally got a tank? Yay! It's a duplicate M4 Enhanced? Buy another £70 bundle of lootboxes please, and hope you get anything.

Rare tanks should be on sale, rarely. Still available, but not often. If you want everyone including F2P players to get them, then have an earn Op where we all have a small choice and can only pick one.

Edit: or a trade-in event.

Edited by Bart Curlish-x, 08 April 2021 - 02:37 PM.

Regain51-p #4 Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9265 battles
  • [PIMPZ]
PC do this and it is horrible. Forcing players to pay over the odds gambling for a new skin or special tank months before it is released in store. Sorry OP but you sir are a total *** for not realising how bad this is. It’s stupid ideas like this that have screwed up many games for many players when customers keep asking to get ripped off. 

leova-x #5 Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11788 battles
  • [47R]

Block Quote

can only be gained through key cards

I'm fairly certain this is the worst possible way to do anything in any game, period

this is how predatory monetization starts

Block Quote

Some players wish to continue supporting the game

ok so keep buying gold and other stuff, nobody's stopping you

Goddog-x #6 Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 27119 battles
  • [SDKFZ]

View PostBart Curlish-x, on 08 April 2021 - 09:37 AM, said:

Why would you even recommend that with the assumption people will get them from lootboxes? What drop rates do you have?!??

People have bought the maximum bundle of lootboxes, and not received a single tank, so your method could take thousands of IRL cash to achieve. finally got a tank? Yay! It's a duplicate M4 Enhanced? Buy another £70 bundle of lootboxes please, and hope you get anything.

Rare tanks should be on sale, rarely. Still available, but not often. If you want everyone including F2P players to get them, then have an earn Op where we all have a small choice and can only pick one.

Edit: or a trade-in event.

while im not a fan of loot boxes in general I will say WOTc is much much more generous in drops than WOTpc or WoWspc.  I normally take what I would have spent in gold on crates and come out ahead since crates were added to the game. I can only think of one time I got less than the 25K gold out of a 100 dollar buy. that said due to 6.0, my spending is down more than 50% YoY so far. I expect the end of year to be 30% of prior years and may be 15% of all time high. 

Winner 3rd place in the  [UNOFFICIAL CHALLENGE #2] Tier V Sturmgeschutz III

IBROX 04-x #7 Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23102 battles
  • [BNKR]
Nah. Just nah. Personally I'm not a fan of skins, just think it's another way for WG to make money. Adding them to bundles, so I'll wait for the cheaper bundle. I buy key cards and have stopped buying gold ages ago. With skins, I see it pushing the price up on early bundles and wg know players will buy the bundles. As I said, I'd rather wait, been burnt on bundles before, month or two later and its either earnable or 60% off. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

PhonicKitty8825-x #8 Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21866 battles
  • [1CAB]

View Postalw2001-p, on 08 April 2021 - 12:41 PM, said:

NOOOOOOOOOO NOOO NOOOOOOOOOO. Put skins in the game exclusively in key cards so the free to play players can own them? Are you having a laugh?

My free to play key cards always include, a day of premium time, a bit of gold and a bit of silver or free exp. Such a bad idea i think. No to gambling. Especially when its run by WG console.

Personalised personal offers would be cool, allowing you to get a different one if you already own the tank.

My FTP key cards (the only ones I get) contain some silver, some free xp and some gold, if I get a tank, which I actualy did, it's usually a tier 3 or worse- a TOG*ll.

3 MoE: IS-7           Tier X Aces: T 100 LT, T95E6, Obj. 430, 121, TVP T50/51, Valour T95/FV4201 Chieftain, IS-4, IS-7, Obj. 277, Obj. 705a, Type 5 Heavy, Obj. 268, Obj. 268v5,  

Jagdpanzer E100                  

https://gamerdvr.com...video/126807488 10k game

alw2001-p #9 Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:52 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16837 battles

View PostPhonicKitty8825-x, on 08 April 2021 - 08:17 PM, said:

My FTP key cards (the only ones I get) contain some silver, some free xp and some gold, if I get a tank, which I actualy did, it's usually a tier 3 or worse- a TOG*ll.

To be fair I have had premium tanks, I got the FCM 36 PAK 40 twice in the completely free ones ages and ages ago. Then when they monetised them from the free ones ive gotten an M3 Light, a Panzer III K (which i then got from a free ps plus bundle a week later which sucked) and I actually got a Tiger 217, also ages ago. Considering how many ive opened, i dont think those account for 10%.

PhonicKitty8825-x #10 Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21866 battles
  • [1CAB]

View Postalw2001-p, on 08 April 2021 - 08:52 PM, said:

To be fair I have had premium tanks, I got the FCM 36 PAK 40 twice in the completely free ones ages and ages ago. Then when they monetised them from the free ones ive gotten an M3 Light, a Panzer III K (which i then got from a free ps plus bundle a week later which sucked) and I actually got a Tiger 217, also ages ago. Considering how many ive opened, i dont think those account for 10%.

I have yet to get a duplicate

3 MoE: IS-7           Tier X Aces: T 100 LT, T95E6, Obj. 430, 121, TVP T50/51, Valour T95/FV4201 Chieftain, IS-4, IS-7, Obj. 277, Obj. 705a, Type 5 Heavy, Obj. 268, Obj. 268v5,  

Jagdpanzer E100                  

https://gamerdvr.com...video/126807488 10k game

Pit Friend-x #11 Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38892 battles
  • [PTATO]
No.  If I want a skin I’d like to be able to earn or buy the skin. I don’t want to have to buy piles of random chance boxes on the off chance I’ll get the one I want. 

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

the cloraform-x #12 Posted 10 April 2021 - 08:11 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16346 battles
  • [CLIPS]

Its just sugestions as buying gold just isnt the wat to go for people who own a lot of tanks. Besides why buy gold if you cant use it for anything.

I may be in the minority but i actually like wg as a company, im very aware that they have to make money and for something i spend a lot of my time on i like new cool things that im able to use time after time.

If anyone has better sugestions for players that have a lot of tanks to be able continue supporting the game , like selling actual inscription, emblam vouchers instead of bundles so the items can actually be used.

Wg need to continue to cater for players that have already played the game for a while not just rely on turnover from the new player conveyer belt to keep the games skill level especially as so many experienced players have left or lost interest and that also means looking after the free to play players that spend a lot of time on the game and also seem to do a lot of the tech tree grinding.

Dint want to annoy peoplei just wanted feedback and ideas.

IBROX 04-x #13 Posted 10 April 2021 - 08:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23102 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postthe cloraform-x, on 10 April 2021 - 09:11 PM, said:

Its just sugestions as buying gold just isnt the wat to go for people who own a lot of tanks. Besides why buy gold if you cant use it for anything.

I may be in the minority but i actually like wg as a company, im very aware that they have to make money and for something i spend a lot of my time on i like new cool things that im able to use time after time.

If anyone has better sugestions for players that have a lot of tanks to be able continue supporting the game , like selling actual inscription, emblam vouchers instead of bundles so the items can actually be used.

Wg need to continue to cater for players that have already played the game for a while not just rely on turnover from the new player conveyer belt to keep the games skill level especially as so many experienced players have left or lost interest and that also means looking after the free to play players that spend a lot of time on the game and also seem to do a lot of the tech tree grinding.

Dint want to annoy peoplei just wanted feedback and ideas.

I have over 280 premium tanks (haven't counted em) so don't know the exact amount and most have permanent camo on them. I've already spent money on camo and now if they keep adding skins. I'm gonna have to do it again. Just don't agree with skins and no you didn’t annoy me. So no worries. I'm just annoyed with WG. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

ZeoTH56-x #14 Posted 10 April 2021 - 09:20 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12866 battles
  • [TOTFO]
Putting skins in key cards are a very bad idea. I would rather be able to buy or earn them.

Tanks that I have MoE on:

One Mark: M103, T110E5, King Tiger, T32, Object 279 (e), and Caernarvon

Two Mark: N/A

Three Mark: N/A

the cloraform-x #15 Posted Yesterday, 12:25 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16346 battles
  • [CLIPS]

View PostIBROX 04-x, on 10 April 2021 - 08:22 PM, said:

I have over 280 premium tanks (haven't counted em) so don't know the exact amount and most have permanent camo on them. I've already spent money on camo and now if they keep adding skins. I'm gonna have to do it again. Just don't agree with skins and no you didn’t annoy me. So no worries. I'm just annoyed with WG. 

cool i dont annoy you, i think iv about 450 tanks in all but iv got a fare few tech tanks . i put cammo, emblems and inscriptions  on everything. part of the fun for me is mucking about with them. i miss not being able to swap equipment for 10 gold as i always liked trying new things out, its just too expensive to do now. 

I think with the way console are moving and the new game, they can try new things and offers before implementing anything in the main game. good to hear what some people think of my ideas. good or bad

I

Hypocrite-x #16 Posted Yesterday, 04:07 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 34635 battles
  • [BUNNY]

View Postthe cloraform-x, on 08 April 2021 - 06:39 AM, said:

On one of the recent streams skins were mentioned for most new prem tanks and maybe also tech tree . This to me sounds great but it can be taken further.

How about limited edition tanks and skins that can only be gained through key cards. Players like myself have almost all the tanks that are put into rotation in the key cards and would like somthing more. By putting the limited edition tanks and skins into key cards it would also give the free to play players a chance of owning them aswell from the season.

Also how about a weekly personal offer for those that have a lot of the premiums, like a limited edition skin\tank that players are guaranteed not to already own if actual personal offers for tanks not owned cant be acomplished.

Some players wish to continue supporting the game and\or wg it makes sense to keep these players happy rather than relying on newer players to buy things . 

The idea of having new skins, emblems, or even tanks that are harder to get isn't a bad one - but the mechanism you propose is kind of terrible and we know it is in part because 'World of Tanks PC' already does things like this.

Every so often a new something - often a Premium Tank - is introduced that can only be acquired as a low-percentage drop out of loot boxes. Sometimes you get lucky and get one out of only one or two boxes, oftentimes unless you're willing to spend a significant quantity of money you aren't going to get the tank because it's all random chance.

Sometimes, even people who do spend significant amounts of money (multiple hundreds of dollars) still don't end up with the tanks. They do this same thing with the 3D Skins that have just been introduced for the Tier 10s on Console.

Personally, I want to see interesting new skins (give me my Chrome T95, guys - I've been waiting for 5 years now), Commanders, and even Tanks come into the game - I just prefer a system where you can pay up-front for what you want without having to engage in gambling to get them.

As a side note:

View Postthe cloraform-x, on 10 April 2021 - 02:11 PM, said:

Interesting that you make this comment because it's a question I've been asking myself playing on PC; PC's Gold economy is different - it's still $99.99 for 25,000g - but what you can actually do with it is slightly different than Console.

PC Gold can be used for the following: 

• Convert Tank XP to Free XP
  • Convert to Silver
  • Purchase Premium Time
  • Buy Crew Slots (you need to have room in your 'Barracks' for unused/spare crew members)
  • Buy Garage Slots
  • Demount Equipment
  • Personalize your tank with Permanent Camo & Paint Colors (Tanks have 4 Segments Color & Camo can be applied to, each must be purchased separately for each section & each Map Type)
  • Purchase Emblems & Inscriptions (Inscriptions & Emblems must also be purchased for each map type)
  • Purchase Tech Tree Premiums
  • Permanently add a Rental Tank to your garage when such opportunities arise.

What you can't use Gold for is purchasing any of the Special Camouflage designs or New/Limited Release Premium Tanks. If you want a Somua, a 50TP, a T34, or a Progetto you are going to have to pay Cash (or Bonds) to get it. If you want to buy the newest Premium Tank you will need to pay cash. If you want a Special Camouflage that's been introduced, that's going to require cash. If you want the 'Premium' version of 'Battle Pass' (their analogue to the 'Seasons' we have here) that needs to be purchased with cash, too.

New Premium Tanks are the primary reason I purchase Gold/Key Cards (Duplicate Tanks are my primary source of Gold Income) on Console, and now that we have Seasons I use Gold to purchase the Premium tier of those, too. Seeing what Gold isn't useful for on PC has me far less interested in accumulating much of it there.

Still, it never hurts to ask something! I'm glad you threw your idea out there! Keep at it!

"you've made your fanboy status and unwillingness to admit anything other than Sony sucks and Microsoft are gods clear do you have any actual point beyond that though"

Yes-Man Wargaming Shill-Bot Since 2014

the cloraform-x #17 Posted Yesterday, 08:51 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16346 battles
  • [CLIPS]

View PostHypocrite-x, on 13 April 2021 - 04:07 PM, said:

The idea of having new skins, emblems, or even tanks that are harder to get isn't a bad one - but the mechanism you propose is kind of terrible and we know it is in part because 'World of Tanks PC' already does things like this.

Every so often a new something - often a Premium Tank - is introduced that can only be acquired as a low-percentage drop out of loot boxes. Sometimes you get lucky and get one out of only one or two boxes, oftentimes unless you're willing to spend a significant quantity of money you aren't going to get the tank because it's all random chance.

Sometimes, even people who do spend significant amounts of money (multiple hundreds of dollars) still don't end up with the tanks. They do this same thing with the 3D Skins that have just been introduced for the Tier 10s on Console.

Personally, I want to see interesting new skins (give me my Chrome T95, guys - I've been waiting for 5 years now), Commanders, and even Tanks come into the game - I just prefer a system where you can pay up-front for what you want without having to engage in gambling to get them.

As a side note:

Interesting that you make this comment because it's a question I've been asking myself playing on PC; PC's Gold economy is different - it's still $99.99 for 25,000g - but what you can actually do with it is slightly different than Console.

• Convert to Silver
  • Purchase Premium Time
  • Buy Crew Slots (you need to have room in your 'Barracks' for unused/spare crew members)
  • Buy Garage Slots
  • Demount Equipment
  • Personalize your tank with Permanent Camo & Paint Colors (Tanks have 4 Segments Color & Camo can be applied to, each must be purchased separately for each section & each Map Type)
  • Purchase Emblems & Inscriptions (Inscriptions & Emblems must also be purchased for each map type)

What you can't use Gold for is purchasing any of the Special Camouflage designs or New/Limited Release Premium Tanks. If you want a Somua, a 50TP, a T34, or a Progetto you are going to have to pay Cash (or Bonds) to get it. If you want to buy the newest Premium Tank you will need to pay cash. If you want a Special Camouflage that's been introduced, that's going to require cash. If you want the 'Premium' version of 'Battle Pass' (their analogue to the 'Seasons' we have here) that needs to be purchased with cash, too.

New Premium Tanks are the primary reason I purchase Gold/Key Cards (Duplicate Tanks are my primary source of Gold Income) on Console, and now that we have Seasons I use Gold to purchase the Premium tier of those, too. Seeing what Gold isn't useful for on PC has me far less interested in accumulating much of it there.

Still, it never hurts to ask something! I'm glad you threw your idea out there! Keep at it!

View PostHypocrite-x, on 13 April 2021 - 04:07 PM, said:

As a side note:

• Convert to Silver
  • Purchase Premium Time
  • Buy Garage Slots
  • Demount Equipment

I havnt worked out how to clip certain parts of conversations on here yet but ill work it out or prob ask some one soon . 

You are right about pc, iit took me around 150 or so out of the 200 plus boxes i bought last xmas to get  all the new stuff . saying that i really like playing my Bisonte [ soon to hit console yeeess]. after spending so much cash on boxs for tanks and gold i also paid cash on xmas day for the 703/2 ...... lol . I was wondering what i should do with all the gold as most of the offers are for cash unless its for the older prem tanks.. 

Anyway thanks for the input 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users