• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

FusionStar287 #1 Posted 09 April 2021 - 03:53 AM

Major

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 24506 battles
  • [JOCO]

POPULAR

WoT has never been a perfect game by any means and has had plenty of ups and downs over the years, but even so it has pretty much always remained my favorite multiplayer game. There have been times where I would burn myself out and would need to take a break, but every time I returned to the game afterwards I would find myself enjoying it as much as before. Shortly after the absolute disaster that was 6.0 I felt the need to take another break and after not playing for the last few months I finally felt up to giving this update another chance. Unlike every other break I've taken, though, I could still barely force myself to play more than a few matches before I had to shut it off in disgust. 

I was hoping that (against the odds) WG might fix the game back to a somewhat playable state, and to be fair there have been more "improvements" over the last few months than I initially expected (namely the ability to put the minimap into the right corner, changing the colors back to red/green, and a few other miscellaneous changes that restored features that already existed before 6.0), but in the grand scheme of things these have been nothing more than minor fixes to a massive downgrade. More than 100 days later even little things that should have been fixed are still massively worse than they were before 6.0, like the post battles results screen still being devoid of most stats/information, the "linear progression" system still requiring you to research every tank/module before being allowed to research the last tank (as well as not sharing researched modules between tanks), tanks not having their numerical health displayed above them, the proxy-spotting distance not being visible on your minimap, the full screen map not being condensed back into one tab instead of two, or the lack of ability to quickly and efficiently move crews between tanks like before.

And those aren't even mentioning the more debatable visual and gameplay downgrades from 6.0 that haven't been fixed (like the global damage nerf/pen buff still remaining, maps that had useable slopes replaced with rocky cliffs, crew skills allowing every tank to have significantly more accurate guns, and the awful visual changes to all of the UI, the garage, and even many tanks). Even worse is that, despite everything I've mentioned so far, these only account for a fraction of the total negative changes that still haven't been fixed or improved to a level that would leave them at least equal with the pre-6.0 version of the game. The worst part (the "nail in the coffin", if you will), though, is that I recently learned that WG are focusing on implementing an entirely new and separate mode with new tanks, items, mechanics, etc. Under even the best circumstances this could easily be seen as diverting resources from the main game to work on side modes (similar to how the War Stories and Commander modes were viewed), but when this is being done while the main game most players at least used to enjoy is still lying in a state of ruin it sends a very clear message that WG don't feel that the core game is broken enough to warrant their full attention.

So what is the point of this thread? Honestly there really isn't one; I'm just venting out my frustration and sadness about the state of WoT. This is a game I used to love, and even at its worst times I could still be fairly certain the core gameplay would remain fun, but now it has been left in a state where I can't go back to it. The same tanks are in my garage as before, sure, but those tanks have been put in a foreign game that is simply not any fun to play. It saddens me even more since this was the one main game I would play with many friends online, and since 6.0 I've found myself online less and less often since there are very few other multiplayer games I own. I would like to continue holding out hope that the game might be fixed up to a somewhat enjoyable state some time in the future and that my criticism/advice might actually be noted, but considering both how much remains broken and the fact that WG will be splitting their focus between the main game and another side version I just can't get my hopes up again.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I will keep monitoring changes going forward just to see what happens and I may post more often on the forums going forward (after all, I do still appreciate the community here regardless of the state of the game), but as a whole I can't really see myself playing the game much at all unless some notable improvements are made in the future. 

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

TurboTankMan-x #2 Posted 09 April 2021 - 04:16 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36729 battles

Most players will agree with you, and so do I. Still enjoy playing but not as much as before. I have pretty much given up grinding any more tanks, just complete the Seasons and get free ones. Moving crews between tanks frustrates the hell out of me. Hopefully this new "modern" mode will get me involved again, but not holding my breath!

Haukkis #3 Posted 09 April 2021 - 06:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 40983 battles

View PostTurboTankMan-x, on 09 April 2021 - 05:16 AM, said:

Most players will agree with you, and so do I. Still enjoy playing but not as much as before. I have pretty much given up grinding any more tanks, just complete the Seasons and get free ones. Moving crews between tanks frustrates the hell out of me. Hopefully this new "modern" mode will get me involved again, but not holding my breath!

This. +1  Nearly four months later and WG still haven't fixed many of the issues that players have complained frequently after the launch of update 6.0 like garage, linear progression, PBRS, advanced stats in garage, replay system problems, balance issues that were caused by new crew skills and new equipment that buffed accuracy and gun handling wayyyy too much etc.... list goes on, like FusionStar above very well stated. I know that some of those will be fixed in the near future but I fear that two very important ones WG won't be fixing because they feel they are fine as they are currently: Balance issues (overall gun handling and accuracy buff) caused by new crew skills and equipment and Linear Progression, which is in horrible state currently.

Edited by Haukkis-x, 09 April 2021 - 06:37 AM.

XEboi #4 Posted 09 April 2021 - 06:33 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24951 battles
Well seid

GhostRider110 #5 Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:01 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 37909 battles
  • [SCIT]
Well said FusionStar, you are my favourite Ambassador!!

Kept an "In memoriam WoT Console" for a long time, but since recent updates the game is enjoyable yet again.

AleTieCan05 #6 Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:09 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 54817 battles
it seems you read my mind, Fusion ....:great:

LeTank3r #7 Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:12 AM

Major

• Players
  • 5869 battles

I understand the feeling. It took me a little while to get over it, but I was finally able to uninstall the game and not really care about it anymore. 

If they brought it back to more of a pre-6.0, I'm not sure I'd even bother. It was only fun for me to play with friends and those I played with most often have moved on too.

AleTieCan05 #8 Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:17 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 54817 battles

View PostHaukkis-x, on 09 April 2021 - 06:28 AM, said:

This. +1  Nearly four months later and WG still haven't fixed many of the issues that players have complained frequently after the launch of update 6.0 like garage, linear progression, PBRS, advanced stats in garage, replay system problems, balance issues that were caused by new crew skills and new equipment that buffed accuracy and gun handling wayyyy too much etc.... list goes on, like FusionStar above very well stated. I know that some of those will be fixed in the near future but I fear that two very important ones WG won't be fixing because they feel they are fine as they are currently: Balance issues (overall gun handling and accuracy buff) caused by new crew skills and equipment and Linear Progression, which is in horrible state currently.

maybe because all the things you mention were never meant for the game we love and that was there, maybe they were all defined in this way for the "new game", think about it .. TV, long range fire, probably nothing  TD (today they no longer exist), no artillery, smoke bombs ... according to the characteristics of the 6.0 do they meet this "new world"?

TATHAAGATA #9 Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:18 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34561 battles
agree+1

RogueTrooper180 #10 Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19941 battles
  • [JOCO]

I have much the same opinion myself fusion. It really saddens me to see the game like this, but I still have hope WG will sort it out.

Pretty high hopes maybe, but I have many fond memories of WoT, made some friends and had some generally good time too.

But it’s all slowly tailed off since the addition of mercenary tanks, and it just wasn’t the same after that. Still playable and enjoyable, but I think the heart went out of the game with them.

And now 6.0, which I think Finally killed the game for many, and more and more are dropping off every day.

My friend lists on both platforms used to be full of guys playing tanks. Now I see maybe 4 or 5 at most on either console playing.

Kinda sickening for me.

Maybe we should wait and see what modern tanks does before making a final judgement, but people’s ill feeling at the moment is very understandable.

YOU ONLY FAIL IF YOU DON’T TRY

“If we can make it to the ground, we'll take the next chance. And the next. On and on until we win… or the chances are spent.” Jyn Erso ...

DwarfOnDrugs #11 Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 38738 battles
  • [CRPT]

My plans for the game is to just grind out season passes in the last week they’re active.

Unless i need a competitive vehicle in the season pass or a new competitive tier X comes out.

l Breslau l #12 Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:06 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 65510 battles
  • [DW_PL]
This game was almost perfect for me just before the mercanaries update came out. 

FusionStar287 #13 Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:15 AM

Major

• 24506 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostzZGROGZz-x, on 09 April 2021 - 02:24 AM, said:

I have much the same opinion myself fusion. It really saddens me to see the game like this, but I still have hope WG will sort it out.

Pretty high hopes maybe, but I have many fond memories of WoT, made some friends and had some generally good time too.

But it’s all slowly tailed off since the addition of mercenary tanks, and it just wasn’t the same after that. Still playable and enjoyable, but I think the heart went out of the game with them.

And now 6.0, which I think Finally killed the game for many, and more and more are dropping off every day.

My friend lists on both platforms used to be full of guys playing tanks. Now I see maybe 4 or 5 at most on either console playing.

Kinda sickening for me.

Maybe we should wait and see what modern tanks does before making a final judgement, but people’s ill feeling at the moment is very understandable.

To be honest I see this separate modern tanks venture as a largely lose-lose scenario. If the mode turns out to be fun and a success that's great for that mode, but that would also mean the core game of WoT would be even less likely to have as much attention from WG going forward. On the other hand, in a worst case scenario the mode could end up flopping entirely with next to no interest, and should that happen that could lead to the already split time/resources yielding nothing substantial, at which point WG would be left in a notably worse spot than they could have been otherwise. I'm not against WG working on a secondary mode that features modern tanks and new mechanics, but I am against a side mode getting the support that the main game badly needs (in other words, I feel that this modern tanks mode should be postponed until the proper game is restored to at least a decent state). 

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

FusionStar287 #14 Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:20 AM

Major

• 24506 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postl Breslau l-x, on 09 April 2021 - 03:06 AM, said:

This game was almost perfect for me just before the mercanaries update came out. 

Thinking back throughout the game's history I probably liked it the most just before the tier X lights were added personally. That was the time period where lights really felt frail, yet very rewarding to play (especially with lights like the old ELC AMX, T49, and AMX 13 90), matches were generally slower paced and more methodical, and as a whole it was simply a good time of the game's past. There have been a few peaks since then (like the time just before Mercenaries as you mentioned or during the Valour earn op), but I don't think those peaks quite reached the peak before the tier X lights for me.

l Breslau l #15 Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:26 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 65510 battles
  • [DW_PL]

View PostFusionStar287-x, on 09 April 2021 - 09:20 AM, said:

Thinking back throughout the game's history I probably liked it the most just before the tier X lights were added personally. That was the time period where lights really felt frail, yet very rewarding to play (especially with lights like the old ELC AMX, T49, and AMX 13 90), matches were generally slower paced and more methodical, and as a whole it was simply a good time of the game's past. There have been a few peaks since then (like the time just before Mercenaries as you mentioned or during the Valour earn op), but I don't think those peaks quite reached the peak before the tier X lights for me.

Remember when the tier V Chaffe used to play with tier X? I loved to play it then, destroying a tier X tank with a tier V light tank was very satisfying

FusionStar287 #16 Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:29 AM

Major

• 24506 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postl Breslau l-x, on 09 April 2021 - 03:26 AM, said:

Remember when the tier V Chaffe used to play with tier X? I loved to play it then, destroying a tier X tank with a tier V light tank was very satisfying

Yeah, the old Bobblehead Chaffee was great fun, and even though the Rover is a very similar (and better in most ways) replacement it does still lack that hilarity of dominating tier X enemies in a tier V. I especially remember how broken it was way back during the 360 beta and when the game was new, since you'd somewhat frequently end up in tiny matches (even as small as 1v1s) where your Chaffee was matched against an E100 or T110E5. 

Panzerkeks 123 #17 Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:34 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 64441 battles
Nothing is for eternity. The game should be changed. Wargaming must have serious reasons. A company thinks in the long term. Unfortunately, we have little influence on it. There are two options. Accept the decisions or say goodbye. But the good old times were the best :playing:

AleTieCan05 #18 Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:35 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 54817 battles

View PostFusionStar287-x, on 09 April 2021 - 08:29 AM, said:

Yeah, the old Bobblehead Chaffee was great fun, and even though the Rover is a very similar (and better in most ways) replacement it does still lack that hilarity of dominating tier X enemies in a tier V. I especially remember how broken it was way back during the 360 beta and when the game was new, since you'd somewhat frequently end up in tiny matches (even as small as 1v1s) where your Chaffee was matched against an E100 or T110E5. 

it could be that the WGCB plan is just the opposite, maybe the current 6.0 is just a transition moment between 5.0 and "new gamemode"; this would explain both why WOT has been completely rewritten and Chicago & Baltimore's lack of desire today for the corrections that would be necessary, if you pay attention only things that will be there have been changed: colors, minimap position and little else, but points like the "linear progression" could already be perfect for how the new lines of tanks are thought, just like the precision buff, for example .... soon WGCB will have to discover the cards and we will understand if in the last 4 months we have been teased, for the umpteenth time ...

l Breslau l #19 Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:35 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 65510 battles
  • [DW_PL]

View PostFusionStar287-x, on 09 April 2021 - 09:29 AM, said:

Yeah I remeber the beta too, I was playing on a diffrent account then, and the matchmaking back then was fun, Tier I playing with tiers V or tiers V playing with tiers X

l Breslau l #20 Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:38 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 65510 battles
  • [DW_PL]

It would be fun if we could get a "World of tanks classic" event that pc had, but with Xbox 360 beta version instead

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users