Cold War Light Tanks - What are we hoping to see?

Light tanks CW

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

Offroadx65-x #41 Posted 08 June 2021 - 06:25 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15508 battles

Not sure why Lt tanks need limited, have had good games with multiple lights, just play aggressive.

The kiss of death for good MM in WW2 is a TD heavy team.......as know you will lose initiative and likely the match to campfest play. 

DaffierPear6 #42 Posted 08 June 2021 - 07:05 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 35302 battles
  • [1CAB]

View PostMaxMiner11-x, on 07 June 2021 - 01:43 PM, said:

There is a reason I avoid going over bridges.  I will take the long way around....

I have blown up more on Cliff from the small drops at the spawns than the big cliff too...whoops...missed the road...

588ae3.gif

Hey Max,

Is this your application for 1CAB?  If so, I think you PASS our driver testing component!

Joco3000 #43 Posted 08 June 2021 - 07:07 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30660 battles
  • [JOCO]
I'd like to see things like the AMX 10 and SK-105.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

Tyrzun #44 Posted 08 June 2021 - 07:07 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 18653 battles
  • [MGACE]

View Postl_Ravagyr_l-p, on 06 June 2021 - 06:27 AM, said:

Speaking of insane. Do you think camo nets and camo paint were invented by bored soldiers with an artistic flair. Idiot. So obviously camo works. You don’t always see your enemy. It’s called the fog of war, look it up. On top of that it is one of the key mechanics driving WOT tactics and strategy. I’m not sure what [edited]game you play but it isn’t WOT. Either way just stay over there in War Thunder 2 and keep playing the dumbed down version. My comment wasn’t aimed at idiots like you who have a fan boy attachment to a mechanic that the majority of the player base hates. It was meant as an honest solution and first step to making MA more popular. Align the rules with WOT, incorporate a range of tank classes (maybe without arty or limited to 1 per game) and it might have a chance. If not it’ll be as dead as your brain.

Oh, and by the way, I don’t need to bash MA, it’s doing a bang up job of that on its own.

I missed this gem. 

You said the majority.  You only speak for yourself or anyone you have been delegated to represent, which is certainly not the majority.  When someone feels their argument is weak they try and build it up by saying "people agree with me".

Camo nets do not make tanks invisible sitting on a hill unless it's from aerial reconnaissance at high altitudes and that tank is sitting still.  They certainly don't work against ground targets.  The only time a tank can hide is with the engine off.  The loud noises and smoke billowing out of them.

Camo paint.  Oh dead.  The only time that works is if a tank is painted to look exactly like the surrounding area, again it cannot move and must have the engine off.

Just because you like the invisible wall doesn't mean it's a "smart" system, it's not.  It's very fake.  Those not wanting to have a realistic tank battle may love it and that's fine, but calling realism dumb is just silly.  TV is the only mode that allows the game to remotely simulate a tank battle.  We get it, you're not interested in that.

The truth sounds like hate to those that hate the truth.  Change is the enemy of the prideful.

Offroadx65-x #45 Posted 08 June 2021 - 07:26 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15508 battles

View PostTyrzun-x, on 08 June 2021 - 07:07 AM, said:

I missed this gem. 

You said the majority.  You only speak for yourself or anyone you have been delegated to represent, which is certainly not the majority.  When someone feels their argument is weak they try and build it up by saying "people agree with me".

Camo nets do not make tanks invisible sitting on a hill unless it's from aerial reconnaissance at high altitudes and that tank is sitting still.  They certainly don't work against ground targets.  The only time a tank can hide is with the engine off.  The loud noises and smoke billowing out of them.

Camo paint.  Oh dead.  The only time that works is if a tank is painted to look exactly like the surrounding area, again it cannot move and must have the engine off.

Just because you like the invisible wall doesn't mean it's a "smart" system, it's not.  It's very fake.  Those not wanting to have a realistic tank battle may love it and that's fine, but calling realism dumb is just silly.  TV is the only mode that allows the game to remotely simulate a tank battle.  We get it, you're not interested in that.

Not wanting artillery would be not wanting to remotely simulate a tank battle......as would be modern tanks taking 5-6 pens to kill.......actual penetrations..... we aren't talking surviving deflections.......but multiple pens from AP and HEAT........perhaps that's why they are so slow adding the other classes as rolling through multiple TOW and Hellfire hits is going to be very arcade like..........

And the real wrinkle, is could avoid airpower in WW2 as most munitions were unguided and air/ground communication limited, so it's actual impact very limited.....but postwar it's integral part of armored warfare to the point US armored divisions have a integrated attack helicopter brigade. If your really wanting to simulate modern tank battles.......it's going to take alot more then the unrealistic TV.

Tyrzun #46 Posted 08 June 2021 - 07:32 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 18653 battles
  • [MGACE]

View PostPajonate-x, on 05 June 2021 - 03:42 PM, said:

You understand that this is a game, right? You are sweating too much to prove your love for TV, and that is great, but why are you complaining if someone does not share the same ideas with you.

There are so many instances in this game that are not close to real world. Trying to prove point that TV is real and the invisible walls are fake is pointless. In this game many things are not even close to real, but they work for majority of the players. WW2 has not TV and majority is not even asking for it. CW has it, and whoever enjoys it, plays there.

This game is not preparing you to be a real life tank commander/operator, so comparing it with real life is not serving any purpose. Play what you like, but do not bash people because they are not agreeing with you.

What was your reaction when they had tanks bouncing on the Moon, few years back? :)

When did I complain about people sharing their opinions? 

I didn't.  When people join a discussion that means they are choosing to hear what the other people have to say to them.  If you don't want to have a conversation, don't talk to other people.  Many get angry when someone says something back to them, which means they think they are above being spoken too or challenged.  That's their problem.  They only like living in echo chambers, which has been so very great for the world... /sarcasm.

When someone says something is good,bad, ugly, cool, whatever which are subjective terms then they should expect be questioned on what they are comparing the items to.

That "dumb" criteria was the posters criteria to decide which was better, not mine.  TV is far more realistic which cannot be "dumb" compared to an unrealistic magic wall version was my response.  That is the reason realism was brought up to counter the "realism" is dumb.  It's passive aggressive nonsense.  To call what someone likes "dumb" is to indirectly call the people that like it "dumb".  People know this, oh some want to hide and pretend that's not what they are saying.  Those passive aggressive types... 

You don't know a thing about what I post on here.  I am the one telling people to like what they like, even if I don't like it.  Such as 3D commanders, Hot Wheels tanks, etc...  I don't call them "dumb" and indirectly call the people that like them "dumb".  I in fact will question those slinging those types of accusations even about features I don't like.

Of course it's a game. 

I find it interesting that those throwing names around and ranting up a storm with illogical statements aren't spoken to by you.  Only me...  I'm being sarcastic.  I don't find it interesting at all.  I know perfectly well why you chose to respond to me and say I'm doing something wrong and not the others.

You are very transparent.  You can put away the smiley.  You're motivations are not unbiased nor "friendly".

I respect people that disagree with me and are direct about it on any topic.  I have zero respect for the passive aggressive that think they are being clever.   

Edited by Tyrzun-x, 08 June 2021 - 07:45 AM.

The truth sounds like hate to those that hate the truth.  Change is the enemy of the prideful.

Tyrzun #47 Posted 08 June 2021 - 07:45 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 18653 battles
  • [MGACE]

View PostOffroadx65-x, on 08 June 2021 - 07:26 AM, said:

Not wanting artillery would be not wanting to remotely simulate a tank battle......as would be modern tanks taking 5-6 pens to kill.......actual penetrations..... we aren't talking surviving deflections.......but multiple pens from AP and HEAT........perhaps that's why they are so slow adding the other classes as rolling through multiple TOW and Hellfire hits is going to be very arcade like..........

All valid points and I agree.  The other posters brought up "dumb" as a factor and I've explained why that's not okay in the response to the other person above this.

The game is very arcade where math is calculated.  Well, other than things like a the KV-2 and the old Deathstar shooting low tier tanks.  WG clearly frowned on people getting killed in 1 shot by "some" tanks, I find that "interesting" how it's still okay for some and not others.

I personally prefer to have it require multiple shots otherwise tanks are too afraid to move and everything is a camp fest.  This would be no fun at all, there is a competitor that does this and it's trash. 

The META of WW2 has been broken for a long time.  Alpha strike tanks with mobility are generally superior, because only horrible players are going to sit still and let that low damage high rate of fire Panther shoot them a bunch of times.  Of course some still prefer those high rate of fire low damage tanks, but that's again because they are playing the bottom 50% of players when it works.

The META ditches the low damage high rate of fire tanks and the super slow heavy armor tanks.  WG has painted themselves in a corner they cannot get out of.

We need HPs or else the majority would camp out of fear.  It's unrealistic, but the alternative is a camp fest TV or WW2 mode.  I would like to see the random low chance "crit" hit that does 2-3X damage instead of it being pure math like it is now.  Of course those that want the predetermined outcome will be against this.  We all get brave when we know they are 1 shot and we are a 3 shot.  Some would be angry when they explode after 1 shot when they are supposed to be able to take 3.  I get it.

Offroadx65-x #48 Posted 08 June 2021 - 07:57 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15508 battles

View PostTyrzun-x, on 08 June 2021 - 07:45 AM, said:

All valid points and I agree.  The other posters brought up "dumb" as a factor and I've explained why that's not okay in the response to the other person above this.

The game is very arcade where math is calculated.  Well, other than things like a the KV-2 and the old Deathstar shooting low tier tanks.  WG clearly frowned on people getting killed in 1 shot by "some" tanks, I find that "interesting" how it's still okay for some and not others.

I personally prefer to have it require multiple shots otherwise tanks are too afraid to move and everything is a camp fest.  This would be no fun at all, there is a competitor that does this and it's trash. 

The META of WW2 has been broken for a long time.  Alpha strike tanks with mobility are generally superior, because only horrible players are going to sit still and let that low damage high rate of fire Panther shoot them a bunch of times.  Of course some still prefer those high rate of fire low damage tanks, but that's again because they are playing the bottom 50% of players when it works.

The META ditches the low damage high rate of fire tanks and the super slow heavy armor tanks.  WG has painted themselves in a corner they cannot get out of.

We need HPs or else the majority would camp out of fear.  It's unrealistic, but the alternative is a camp fest TV or WW2 mode.  I would like to see the random low chance "crit" hit that does 2-3X damage instead of it being pure math like it is now.  Of course those that want the predetermined outcome will be against this.  We all get brave when we know they are 1 shot and we are a 3 shot.  Some would be angry when they explode after 1 shot when they are supposed to be able to take 3.  I get it.

Where TV fails completely, though it fails in others as well.....is most the matches I played were campfests. Players hiding in bushes using zoom to scan for tanks in the distance..........which as you yourself point out bushes would provide no cover from their heat signature. TV would have to be essentially coverless other then solid cover that one can not see and shoot through camping.......

Which is also why I find the comments of most MW fans liking the no artillery funny.....if they were indeed fighting aggressive and mobile, artillery is unlikely to zero in........however it can punish stationary campers in campfests.......

Tyrzun #49 Posted 08 June 2021 - 08:17 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 18653 battles
  • [MGACE]

View PostOffroadx65-x, on 08 June 2021 - 07:57 AM, said:

Where TV fails completely, though it fails in others as well.....is most the matches I played were campfest. Players hiding in bushes using zoom to scan for tanks in the distance..........which as you yourself point out bushes would provide no cover from their heat signature. TV would have to be essentially coverless other then solid cover that one can not see and shoot through camping.......

Which is also why I find the comments of most MW fans liking the no artillery funny.....if they were indeed fighting mobile, artillery is unlikely to zero in........however it can punish stationary campers in campfests.......

I believe you when you say you see a lot of camping.  My guess is you saw it on Prok?  1 of the 4 new maps is easier to camp on, but not really the other 3.  I've never seen much camping.  I don't think it works well at all because when they fire you see where the bullet comes from.  Doesn't mean you aren't seeing more camping, as I said I believe you.  I have no reason not to.

I'm an aggressive player usually(some tanks don't allow it to work well), unless of course I do get stuck a team full of campers ww2 or CW mode.

TV I see the campers, I can shoot the campers at all times other than the RNG misses which usually happen most of the time after 500m+.  If someone moves at all 500m+ camper cannot hit them usually.  It just doesn't work efficiently at long ranges.  I hope they do that if they are on the other team, much easier to get map control from them on most maps while they do that.  I still see lemming trains in CW from time to time depending on the map. 

I barely play right now, doing that TVP grind I needed a break from it.  I am taking my own personal stand against CW's silver economy and how I believe it is unfair to new players.  I already told them in I refuse to buy next months season unless I saw changes in the CW silver economy.  I don't need to make TONS of silver in CW that I can use in WW2, that was just unwise of them to do it that way.  I wanted fair to new player silver prices in the new mode.  I'm a broken record on this issue.

Edited by Tyrzun-x, 08 June 2021 - 09:46 AM.

xRoddy_Piperx #50 Posted 09 June 2021 - 04:15 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14632 battles
  • [UG-K]

None.

Don't care

Also tagged with Light tanks, CW

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users