How about..

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

pepelefrogg-x #1 Posted 24 July 2021 - 03:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 59384 battles

Showing the tank tiers in Cold War? It was smooth tactical decision to make the cold war side "+0/-0" Except the vast difference between tier 11.1 and 11.3 is so much more than +2/-2 of WW2. Aside from memorizing all the tanks lets just call it what it is and reveal the actual tank tier? Of course the way its done now assures 100% balance MM right?

I hate being played and manipulated....Why can't anything in this world be honest and transparent anyore?

FusionStar287-x #2 Posted 24 July 2021 - 03:37 AM

Major

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 24432 battles
  • [JOCO]
Yeah, era based MM is really poorly implemented right now. If all three tanks in a line for each era were unique and/or relatively equal in ability it could work really well (at that point it really would just be +0/-0 MM), but as it is you just have what's effectively bottom tier, mid tier, and top tier tanks that always see the exact same MM. Since the CW lights were announced I started to grind through the stock M46A1 in preparation for them, and it's pretty miserable knowing that every single match you play every tank you fight has a better gun, better armor, more health, and likely better speed/mobility than you do (unless they're in the same "effective tier" ). It feels a lot like playing a stock Pershing that only ever sees tier X matches. 

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

SafeNine621586-x #3 Posted 24 July 2021 - 03:41 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1139 battles
You gotta love how all the top "tier" tanks are just randomly mixed in the list with no rhyme or reason. Sometimes they're in the middle and sometimes at the very bottom. It wouldnt be that hard to just sort them in a sensible way, like tier XI to XX

SafeNine621586-x #4 Posted 24 July 2021 - 03:44 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1139 battles

View PostFusionStar287-x, on 24 July 2021 - 03:37 AM, said:

Yeah, era based MM is really poorly implemented right now. If all three tanks in a line for each era were unique and/or relatively equal in ability it could work really well (at that point it really would just be +0/-0 MM), but as it is you just have what's effectively bottom tier, mid tier, and top tier tanks that always see the exact same MM. Since the CW lights were announced I started to grind through the stock M46A1 in preparation for them, and it's pretty awful knowing that every single match you play every tank you fight has a better gun, better armor, more health, and likely better speed/mobility than you do (unless they're in the same "effective tier" ). It feels a lot like playing a stock Pershing that only ever sees tier X matches. 

Seems like there should be all bottom tier games occasionally, so its 1. Less repetitive and 2. More fair to people grinding, to be in a game they have a chance in.

FusionStar287-x #5 Posted 24 July 2021 - 03:52 AM

Major

• 24432 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostSafeNine621586-x, on 23 July 2021 - 10:41 PM, said:

You gotta love how all the top "tier" tanks are just randomly mixed in the list with no rhyme or reason. Sometimes they're in the middle and sometimes at the very bottom. It wouldnt be that hard to just sort them in a sensible way, like tier XI to XX

They're sorted that way because they're all considered to be the same tier, but I do agree. At the very least they should be sorted by name so you don't have five MOBATs with random M60s between them on the list.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

dzhey43-x #6 Posted 24 July 2021 - 07:05 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 48004 battles
  • [GUCCI]

View PostFusionStar287-x, on 24 July 2021 - 06:37 AM, said:

Yeah, era based MM is really poorly implemented right now. If all three tanks in a line for each era were unique and/or relatively equal in ability it could work really well (at that point it really would just be +0/-0 MM), but as it is you just have what's effectively bottom tier, mid tier, and top tier tanks that always see the exact same MM. Since the CW lights were announced I started to grind through the stock M46A1 in preparation for them, and it's pretty miserable knowing that every single match you play every tank you fight has a better gun, better armor, more health, and likely better speed/mobility than you do (unless they're in the same "effective tier" ). It feels a lot like playing a stock Pershing that only ever sees tier X matches. 

Playing Era1 my expirience is Patton M46A1 is similar to tier 9 Patton M46. M47 is tier 9.5 and M48 is tier 10 M48. I can't feel my M46A1 is that bad against top tanks like T95E3 or M48, my tank is faster and shoots the same. But Era2 experience with T62 is different, it feels like tier8 comparing to both T72 there being tier 9 and 10, but M60 line are tier 8 - tier 9 without Tier 10 at all.

Spoiler

FusionStar287-x #7 Posted 24 July 2021 - 07:42 AM

Major

• 24432 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postdzhey43-x, on 24 July 2021 - 02:05 AM, said:

Playing Era1 my expirience is Patton M46A1 is similar to tier 9 Patton M46. M47 is tier 9.5 and M48 is tier 10 M48. I can't feel my M46A1 is that bad against top tanks like T95E3 or M48, my tank is faster and shoots the same. But Era2 experience with T62 is different, it feels like tier8 comparing to both T72 there being tier 9 and 10, but M60 line are tier 8 - tier 9 without Tier 10 at all.

The M46A1 only feels like the WWII M46 if you're comparing it to the almost completely stock M46 Patton (which is one of the worst tanks/stock grinds I've ever gone through). The difference is that the M46 Patton only has to face tier Xs half of its matches and can be upgraded into a good tank, while the M46A1 only sees bottom tier matches against tanks notably stronger than tier Xs and can't be upgraded into a good tank. Of course, it doesn't help my opinion of it when I've only managed to scrape out a win in two of my last ten games in the tank, despite finishing top of the team or second on the team in almost every one of those matches.

Corrupted Ewok-x #8 Posted 24 July 2021 - 03:10 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20592 battles

If there was nothing else, this would be enough to ensure the mode fizxles out and dies. The way it's set up gives the impression that it was designed and tested with only PvE in mind, then PvP just sort of poured over it at the last moment. Burn the gravy and the whole dinner is [edited]ed.

In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Douglas Adams.

LeftTurnus-p #9 Posted 24 July 2021 - 03:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29267 battles

When it first started, the bottom tanks weren't too bad as most people were in those, outside of the few who Free XPd their way up to the top tanks right away.

If there was a larger pool of players, the MM could make the matches more manageable for the bottom grinders by having matches with mostly bottom tanks. With the small pool of players, and more people having the top tanks, grinding from the beginning is messy, especially in Era 2. The plethora of Premium tanks has turned Era 2 into a yolo mess.

In Era 3, the stock M1 is seriously at a disadvantage, as the tank can't pen anything with it's stock gun and the tank can't turn for crap.

Like WWII, the teams have been getting really bad lately as well.

In the M46A1, you need to hit from the sides and back.

Tempest fox3-x #10 Posted 24 July 2021 - 04:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26884 battles
  • [JOCO]

They should have made all the tanks in an Era about the same power level. I ended up grinding the M46 in the PVE mode because it was just such a pain being effectively bottom tier all the time where every other tank does 50% or even double your damage per shot while having similar DPM and better armour / mobility. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil, Obj.416, Cromwell Knight, M551 Sheridan (Cold war) - In order obtained

Spoiler

Tempest fox3-x #11 Posted 24 July 2021 - 04:08 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26884 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postdzhey43-x, on 24 July 2021 - 07:05 AM, said:

The Cold war M46A1 is closer the the WW2 Pershing or Premium M46 KR. While the M47 is effectively the WW2 M46 Patton with the 105 and upgraded turret. The M46 is no match for the M48A5 or the T95E3 lol. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil, Obj.416, Cromwell Knight, M551 Sheridan (Cold war) - In order obtained

Spoiler

Kaptain Proton-x #12 Posted 24 July 2021 - 04:10 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 57455 battles
  • [47R]

I had the same experience.  In the M46, it took me awhile to get good in the mode but I ended up doing well in it.  However I Barely felt like I saved a game or made a great impact.   In the M47 I did feel like I saved some games.   Now in the M48 I feel like king of the hill.   

I’m not fully upgraded in the M48 yet but I might find that doing well in the M47 may be better than doing well in the M48.   I don’t think I’ll ever go back to the M46 but my win rate is the highest at 61% of the three.  I am more aggressive in the M48 since I am the top tank.   In the M47 I feel like I can be more patient.   

I did the same in EA.  Although I skipped the T54.  Now I’m playing the 165 and the M48 to farm silver.

What surprises me the most is that I’m doing better in the 165.   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users