4 Man Platoon Test

platoon 4player platoons polls restrictions matchmaker wait times

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Poll: 4 Man Platoon Test (106 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you like to see a 4 Man Platoon test?

1. Yes (40 votes [37.74%])

Percentage of vote: 37.74%

2. No (66 votes [62.26%])

Percentage of vote: 62.26%

Would you like 4 Man Platoon with Tank combination restrictions

1. Yes (32 votes [30.19%])

Percentage of vote: 30.19%

2. No (74 votes [69.81%])

Percentage of vote: 69.81%

Are you OK with Platoon restricting tank choice?

1. yes (74 votes [69.81%])

Percentage of vote: 69.81%

2. no (32 votes [30.19%])

Percentage of vote: 30.19%

Are you OK with longer wait times for large platoons to find balanced game?

1. Yes (67 votes [63.21%])

Percentage of vote: 63.21%

2. No (39 votes [36.79%])

Percentage of vote: 36.79%

Vote Hide poll

BrogueOne #41 Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:48 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 29027 battles
  • [AP-EX]
Why 4? That’s a half-measure.  I won’t vote for 4, but I’d vote for 5 with class-restrictions.  5-man platoons, no more than 3 of one class, no more than one arty or two lights either.  Stick to that and the 5-man social gaming that many players are now missing can return.

SprungNickel427 #42 Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:48 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43144 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostLeonidas SR71-x, on 14 September 2021 - 05:31 PM, said:

I think that the size of the population is the main issue. It highlights the gap in the skill level, especially in higher tiers, and spits out crappy mm with regard to vehicle class and platoons. Resulting in higher skilled platoons dominating high tiers , and less skilled vets clubbing in low tiers.

it is a point worth looking at. From what I've read or heard, WG does no skill based matchmaking...yet they calculate a "Personal Rating" why would that be? Sus at best. 

If Population size was an issue, why would you bring CW into the game they way they did. 3 different game modes effectively. no over lap. I feel that destroys the argument, or perhaps shows how little WG actually knows about it's own game... WG tracks everything... more things than they care to admit. 

We've all see bad matchmaking even when there were zero platoons in the battle. I feel the Matchmaker is infantile or a Myth. It certainly doesn't seem sophisticated. It seems solely focused on short battle cues. 

In any game promoting progression, you will always see discrepancies at the top. 

GrooIsNoLackey #43 Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:49 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38522 battles
I'm not against 5 man platoons. I'm not in agreement to restrict people from picking a tank  just because someone in their platoon did. If you want to go back to 5 man platoons then live with 5 man arty platoons.(I believe that 3 man platoons happened when arty was restricted to 3 aside) I ground or bought those tanks and only tier should restrict me from using those. 

Warsteiner 1 #44 Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:49 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 51753 battles
  • [C-X-L]
just..........no............

dzhey43 #45 Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:51 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 48201 battles
  • [GUCCI]

View PostSprungNickel427-x, on 14 September 2021 - 08:31 PM, said:

33 Vote Summary 

Q1) 2:1 opposing a 4 man test. Interesting... Is that people don't want bigger platoons or people don' want broken platoons.... 

Q2) severe objection to tank restrictions in platoon.... could that be a poorly phrased question. I meant no 4 of the same vs 4 different classes need.... maybe a bad question

Q3) opposite to Q2 where we have restrictions winning. So To me this is a phrasing issue. I feel this is an expression of 3 man arty platoon hate.... restrict 3 of anything together... let alone 4 of same thing platooning together. 

Q4) Longer wait times is a wash. I knew all along that I personally would be fine to have my 5 man platoon wait longer in que to get a fair game matched to our 5 tanks. It prove to me that the change from 5 to 3 was not due to wait times. 

You forget biggest and real issue. It was not fun for other players if they got strong platoon of 5 eliminating everything, OR weak platoon of 5 dying immediately after battle start or "just having fun".
Spoiler

SprungNickel427 #46 Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:51 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43144 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostBrogueOne-p, on 14 September 2021 - 05:48 PM, said:

Why 4? That’s a half-measure. I won’t vote for 4, but I’d vote for 5 with class-restrictions. 5-man platoons, no more than 3 of one class, no more than one arty or two lights either. Stick to that and the 5-man social gaming that many players are now missing can return.

Hello my friend....I didn't expect your support and I'm sorry I thought that. To me the 80man clan was built around playing together. It wasn't around performance or dominance. I'd rather see 5man. but I fear that ship has sailed. Too much baggage. I just want WG to tell us what data they gathered to make this 5 to 3 man decision.... fearing it was made cheap and easy rather than with programming and savvy statistical support. 

SprungNickel427 #47 Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:55 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43144 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View Postdzhey43-x, on 14 September 2021 - 05:51 PM, said:

You forget biggest and real issue. It was not fun for other players if they got strong platoon of 5 eliminating everything, OR weak platoon of 5 dying immediately after battle start or "just having fun".

statistically your argument doesn't hold. you ever heard of 2 side of the same coin? why do you end up on the same side of the coin each time....you don't. I hear all the cries for clan events and clan features etc... and the worst part of that is 3 man vs 5man. all of these decries any good clan development. Look at World of Warships Legends. 9v9 with 3 man platoons and no clans. sad little game....

SprungNickel427 #48 Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43144 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostWarsteiner 1-x, on 14 September 2021 - 05:49 PM, said:

thank you. tell me why...pls. 

Leonidas SR71 #49 Posted 14 September 2021 - 05:58 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36383 battles
  • [X-OFF]

View PostSprungNickel427-x, on 14 September 2021 - 05:48 PM, said:

it is a point worth looking at. From what I've read or heard, WG does no skill based matchmaking...yet they calculate a "Personal Rating" why would that be? Sus at best. 

If Population size was an issue, why would you bring CW into the game they way they did. 3 different game modes effectively. no over lap. I feel that destroys the argument, or perhaps shows how little WG actually knows about it's own game... WG tracks everything... more things than they care to admit. 

We've all see bad matchmaking even when there were zero platoons in the battle. I feel the Matchmaker is infantile or a Myth. It certainly doesn't seem sophisticated. It seems solely focused on short battle cues. 

In any game promoting progression, you will always see discrepancies at the top. 

All good points. CW was going to be releaesd regardless of popultion size, as the game was getting old, and the vets who had hoarded all of their money, crews and tanks,rightly or wrongly were seen as a barrier to the games growth. I miss the old days of the tens of thousands you used to get, just on xbox. There could be an argument for whether things would have been different if CW, crossplay and 6.0 had been released 3 or 4 years ago.

Edited by Leonidas SR71-x, 14 September 2021 - 06:01 PM.

"Priests????!!!!! Don't tell me I'm still on that fecking island?!!"

SprungNickel427 #50 Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:06 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43144 battles
  • [UMFF5]

Remember the recent change to RNGjesus. Vishaw made an effort to get Paingod to talk about why there was a change. Charts and facts and figures were shared. We Went from 25% +/- to +10% / -25% damage and +25% / -10% penn and then to 20% +/- today.  a Healthy discussion and a better game.

I feel the Platoon discussion was not had. People all agreed that 5 arty was too much . 5 Waffle E100 lols all around .... 5 Batchat 25 T with 5 clips of 390 alpha... fun.... 5 man of 1 thing was bad... meme bad. But, we went from 5 of anything to 5 and no more than 3 arty to 3 man.... killing the socials  of playing together. 

RaggaMuffinReap #51 Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39111 battles
  • [DOOMU]

View PostSprungNickel427-x, on 14 September 2021 - 05:39 PM, said:

I see you are for zero platoons then and feel stats are more important than fun... I hear you. I don't agree but I hear you. I want a better solution. I want to know that this is the best solution. I get that WG, as a business, will make economic decisions, and 5 to 3 man change was a cheaper economic decision and not a better decision. They didn't  or wouldn't dedicate the resources to investigate a best solution. It is not a business priority for them. 

As far as stopping to ask WG anything. As a customer, I feel I can ask...anything. As a player, I want a great experience...not stacking the deck. you seem to limit your vision to any platoon is broken. Don't give up hope....

I don't understand your spare controller straw man thing... 

Well you can use a spare XBL account to hold a party open on your console. 

As a chat room, a lobby, that way you can all friend that account and hop in and out of party after battles

Dam, get a team speak server for android/OS if you want more fidelity than XBL / PSN offer. Its like a fiver a month for 20ish people at same time, users dont pay, the monthly is just one payment. Great having a touch screen companion to xbl

I dont think any toon is broken. I just know what a toon of 2 will do if both players are better than good.

Hell with a pref 5 i get 60% WR solo.

Im not against toons, i toon regular, i dont overly care about stats.

But if i was to toon more regulary with more capable people i would be stacking deck. 

By having the deck stacked stats mean less and less, making any idea of balancing or fairness a pipedream

FluffyColt12271 #52 Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:09 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23932 battles

View PostSprungNickel427-x, on 14 September 2021 - 05:18 PM, said:

I don't know how to respond to that as I've not played a single Co-OP game. isn't that all bots?

Yes. Yes it is. Yet still, there is a 3-toon limit. If it was to help the mm it has no place here at all!

SprungNickel427 #53 Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:12 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43144 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostLeonidas SR71-x, on 14 September 2021 - 05:58 PM, said:

All good points. CW was going to be releaesd regardless of popultion size, as the game was getting old, and the vets who had hoarded all of their money, crews and tanks,rightly or wrongly were seen as a barrier to the games growth. I miss the old days of the tens of thousands you used to get, just on xbox. There could be an argument for whether things would have been different if CW, crossplay and 6.0 had been released 3 or 4 years ago.

PC has no CW. CW was created because someone wanted to push True Vision and a different way of playing the game. Jeff Gregg or someone else seemed hellbent on making that happen. Sold a solution involving different game mechanics etc... The higher ups bought into it. perhaps console is just disposable testing ground for PC. seeing Crew 2.0 is essential our crew system. Crossplay was dearly needed and afford them CW splitting the player base. that was part of the big picture. Once they knew they could merge playerbases, it opened doors. the right or wrong doors.... is the debate. Much of these changed stemmed form an Engine change. dramatic change crushing maps and resources. they had to solve the tanks, we wouldn't stand for losing our tanks in the upgrade. so maps were sacrificed for programming resources on tanks. etc... today we are seeing catchup. 

Lice Krispys #54 Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32092 battles
  • [GRAIL]

View PostWarsteiner 1-x, on 14 September 2021 - 11:49 AM, said:

Exactly ^^^.  More tanks than three in a platoon is poison for everyone else.  Play another game if you want to play a game with more than two other friends.

Corrupted Ewok #55 Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:17 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20625 battles
Should never have been more than 3.

In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Douglas Adams.

Leonidas SR71 #56 Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:18 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36383 battles
  • [X-OFF]

View PostSprungNickel427-x, on 14 September 2021 - 06:12 PM, said:

PC has no CW. CW was created because someone wanted to push True Vision and a different way of playing the game. Jeff Gregg or someone else seemed hellbent on making that happen. Sold a solution involving different game mechanics etc... The higher ups bought into it. perhaps console is just disposable testing ground for PC. seeing Crew 2.0 is essential our crew system. Crossplay was dearly needed and afford them CW splitting the player base. that was part of the big picture. Once they knew they could merge playerbases, it opened doors. the right or wrong doors.... is the debate. Much of these changed stemmed form an Engine change. dramatic change crushing maps and resources. they had to solve the tanks, we wouldn't stand for losing our tanks in the upgrade. so maps were sacrificed for programming resources on tanks. etc... today we are seeing catchup. 

I would like to see a test, but no yet. Maybe in the New Year when we have more maps and a better read on the playerbase.

"Priests????!!!!! Don't tell me I'm still on that fecking island?!!"

SprungNickel427 #57 Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:20 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43144 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostLice Krispys-x, on 14 September 2021 - 06:16 PM, said:

Exactly ^^^.  More tanks than three in a platoon is poison for everyone else.  Play another game if you want to play a game with more than two other friends.

but you're in a clan of 2, and the only active player....So i understand. I'm not asking for an advantage.....I'm asking for friends to play with Friends....more friends...

SprungNickel427 #58 Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:22 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43144 battles
  • [UMFF5]
pls remember. I am asking about a test. Don't be nervous about a Test! it is by definition a Test....not permanent. I don't want an advantage. I just want my friends to keep playing. 

milesizdead #59 Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:23 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 28568 battles
  • [KLA]

View PostLice Krispys-x, on 14 September 2021 - 08:16 PM, said:

Couldn’t one reverse this as: play another game if you have an issue with bigger platoons?

Godwhacker9492-x #60 Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:27 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 60349 battles

WG need to decide if it's going to be a social game or not. do away with the clans and the problem of the platoons goes away. I've never understood the reason for the clans since they seem to breakdown into 2 groups, social players, and the comp team. the only time I would play with members of the comp team is when they weren't practicing or in a comp battle. and what do you get for winning a comp battle more than bragging rights?? so throw the clans and platoons into the bin and just be a solo game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users