4 Man Platoon Test

platoon 4player platoons polls restrictions matchmaker wait times

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Poll: 4 Man Platoon Test (106 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you like to see a 4 Man Platoon test?

1. Yes (40 votes [37.74%])

Percentage of vote: 37.74%

2. No (66 votes [62.26%])

Percentage of vote: 62.26%

Would you like 4 Man Platoon with Tank combination restrictions

1. Yes (32 votes [30.19%])

Percentage of vote: 30.19%

2. No (74 votes [69.81%])

Percentage of vote: 69.81%

Are you OK with Platoon restricting tank choice?

1. yes (74 votes [69.81%])

Percentage of vote: 69.81%

2. no (32 votes [30.19%])

Percentage of vote: 30.19%

Are you OK with longer wait times for large platoons to find balanced game?

1. Yes (67 votes [63.21%])

Percentage of vote: 63.21%

2. No (39 votes [36.79%])

Percentage of vote: 36.79%

Vote Hide poll

IcemanEspoo #81 Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:34 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8999 battles
  • [SU0M1]

5 tank platoon would be 1/3 third of the team. 3 tank platoon is 1/5 of the team. For good or bad the larger platoon has more influence on the game for the other players. Even with type limitations you could have good players agreeing what tanks to use and then play in a co-ordinated effort. 

Clanwise would it make any difference if the limit is 3 or 4?  

EIIoco ger #82 Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:52 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20666 battles
  • [NFFY]

If we would not be able to platoon in mediums together i would not enjoy platooning any more. It would be ok not too choose OP tanks like pz5/4.

But regular mediums?

What sence would it make to play togehter when we have to choose different classes? At least not much for me. What i like most in platooning is "wolf pack". Push together, retreat together, swarm enemys, rush around corners, etc..

Addintionally i think that platooning isnt a big problem any more. Its very rare that i see 3 platoon guys on top of the scoreboard. It would be ok to add restrictions for 4-man and 5-man platoons, that would be ok. But for 2-man and 3-man? Those are not gamebreaking, since you already get a MM disadvantage in 3-man platoons.

Edited by EIIoco ger-x, 15 September 2021 - 05:18 AM.

Spoiler
“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” – Stephen Hawking

SprungNickel427 #83 Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:58 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43144 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostDerekthetree-x, on 14 September 2021 - 10:23 PM, said:

This ^^^^

5 man is fun for those platooning, it however ruins the other 10 players game. Either you get a great platoon and they stomp everybody, or a terrible platoon who throw the game.

I understand your position but statistically speaking it's not that often and you'd win just as many as you'd lose in this example. there is no bias for you to always be on the team getting stomped. 

That Said, objectively, I want to see balance. it is assumed that just the numbers, as in 1/3rd of the team, platooning together breaks the game, yet People all mention wolfpacking, 5 man vanguard platoons and 5 waffle E100 or 5 KV-2 platoon as examples of broken matchmaking. 

SprungNickel427 #84 Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43144 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostBrogueOne-p, on 14 September 2021 - 11:30 PM, said:

To be fair, 5 man platoons do have balance issues and those issues are scars for some…. That’s why I propose hard limits on classes to support it. I think 5 man is the better SOCIAL thing to encourage more people playing for longer.  However, 3 man is noticeably much more balanced in the overall scheme of things.

totally agreed, wolfpack of 5 op tanks has had a long-term mark on the game. I am wondering if class restrictions could give 4 man a chance. I want balance too. 

SprungNickel427 #85 Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:08 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43144 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostDrHorrible4Life-x, on 15 September 2021 - 01:01 AM, said:

My words were unclear.  My fault.

No.  You're selfish for even asking.  If you can't figure out how to divide into groups, a larger limit won't help you.  Meanwhile, your request would undo the most positive change WG have ever made.

Unless they expand platoon size to EIGHTY, your problem can't be solved by doing what you want.  How's that for militant?  Go ahead and talk about my GT, I have plenty to criticize in your actual post and won't have to resort to passive aggressive comments.  

My response was due to your passive aggressive response.  I don't believe any effort has been made by WG to solve the problem the way I propose. I believe the programming resources were not available, nor the cost, to write a comprehensive matchmaking algorithm and therefore the low hanging fruit of cutting it to 3 from 5 was made. cheap and easy. 

I am glad to hear you express that this is "the most positive change WG have ever made" fair point and perhaps it is. If only great changes were that easy every time. 

Paingod expressed concern over the 5 man due to que times more than balance. There are likely more bad 5 man platoons than good ones. 

I want the debate. Please bring criticism with the purpose of debate. 

SprungNickel427 #86 Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:11 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43144 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View Postimanikingoff20-x, on 15 September 2021 - 01:09 AM, said:

Could WG use Commander mode for platoons? Take away the one player controller, just load in with 3,4 ,5 sized platoons. Blast, talk to your hearts content.

And let the season ops be doable in this mode.

They have the codeing all set up doing nothing.

They could at least test it out.

Yes it would split the player base 3 ways, but it would stop hoards of V/lV's and Vanguards roaming the single player battlefield.

Bots are already part of the game so wait times can be kept 'normal'.

It might work.

Commander mode is dead... long live commander mode. The Base is split 4 ways currently on 3 errors and WWII. the objective in my mind is not 5 vanguards wrecking folks. Diversify the platoon so they have to play differently, effectively balancing the force. I am not interested in playing against bots. I have not tried Co-op or CW2-3 etc...nor tier 1-3 due to bots. 

SprungNickel427 #87 Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:17 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43144 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostTyrzun-x, on 15 September 2021 - 03:55 AM, said:

Another biased poll that I will not vote in.

That being said I've said this many times.  IF larger platoons are really only about wanting to play with their buddies(I don't believe this based on past threads) or having an easier time seal clubbing(most likely based on past threads) everyone else then the solution is still the same.

Co-op should have unrestricted platoon size, this allows those that "just" want to platoon with their buddies the chance to do so.

Well bias Poll... ok. Please make a poll yourself on the topic. I'll take the bait.

I don't understand how your solution is the same for 2 different problems. playing with friends is good. cheating or breaking matchmaking to win is bad. The population has proven time and time again that playing overpowered tanks is fun. taking advantage of programming errors was fully exploited every time. This is human nature and survival instincts at work even in a leisure environment.  

Co-op is to learn the game. its a training mode. playing against bots is not interesting. 

SprungNickel427 #88 Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:24 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43144 battles
  • [UMFF5]

83 vote summary

Q1 1/3 of votes in favor of test 2/3 against.

Q2 75% oppose restricting choice

Q3 55% support tank restriction in platoon 

Q4 60%  don't mind longer que times to find a balanced game. Indicating players who support larger platoons realize they can be unbalance and should find a good match. 

Q2 and Q3 are in conflict. seems people oppose being restricted as to what to play, but support restrictions to platoons. I feel this points to 5 man wolf packs and waffle platoons vs 5 man arty.   it's no fun to get stomped. It supports people oppose imbalanced platoons, but not platooning itself. 

DrHorrible4Life #89 Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17958 battles

View PostSprungNickel427-x, on 15 September 2021 - 02:08 PM, said:

My response was due to your passive aggressive response.  I don't believe any effort has been made by WG to solve the problem the way I propose. I believe the programming resources were not available, nor the cost, to write a comprehensive matchmaking algorithm and therefore the low hanging fruit of cutting it to 3 from 5 was made. cheap and easy. 

I am glad to hear you express that this is "the most positive change WG have ever made" fair point and perhaps it is. If only great changes were that easy every time. 

Paingod expressed concern over the 5 man due to que times more than balance. There are likely more bad 5 man platoons than good ones. 

I want the debate. Please bring criticism with the purpose of debate. 

5 man platoons were objectively bad for everyone else except the 5.  I say objectively because it has been discussed almost as much as artillery in this forum, and there are even people who enjoy 5 man platoons who vote against them.

In this case, the cheap and easy solution is also a good one.

What I propose is that WG look to special events and modes designed to allow for bigger platoons.  From 5 mans through full teams, and there needs to be an event running frequently enough that people don't get tired of waiting.

I agree the game is more fun with friends, to the point where I hardly bother with solo play anymore.  I just think we need to make sure it stays fun for everyone, and the vast majority play solo or 2 man.  

Tyrzun #90 Posted 15 September 2021 - 05:31 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18653 battles
  • [MGACE]

View PostSprungNickel427-x, on 15 September 2021 - 09:17 AM, said:

Well bias Poll... ok. Please make a poll yourself on the topic. I'll take the bait.

I don't understand how your solution is the same for 2 different problems. playing with friends is good. cheating or breaking matchmaking to win is bad. The population has proven time and time again that playing overpowered tanks is fun. taking advantage of programming errors was fully exploited every time. This is human nature and survival instincts at work even in a leisure environment.  

Co-op is to learn the game. its a training mode. playing against bots is not interesting. 

I don't need to make a poll, I already knew how people felt about the issue.  It's not bait, you tried to force people to answer the 4th question which is conceding larger platoons are going to happen and how best to do it.  As I already knew, this has nothing to do with playing with "friends". 

I already knew you wanted to seal club with "friends" and think it's "fun".  You should have just said that instead of all this other stuff trying to cover up the real desire.  By the way no it's not human nature to want to do that.  Some do, but others are the exact opposite. 

As I said.  No, to larger platoons in pvp.  3 makes it super easy as is when the 3 are skilled.

Edited by Tyrzun-x, 15 September 2021 - 11:57 PM.

The truth sounds like hate to those that hate the truth.  Change is the enemy of the prideful.

USSWISCONSIN94 #91 Posted 15 September 2021 - 09:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13552 battles
  • [47R]
keep it at 3 and yes to a class limit for all classes. While arty would be better to remove it and end it all but if not it would be 1 AND NO MORE. other classes would be 2 for the same tank and wouldn't be anymore than that.

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

imanikingoff20 #92 Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:42 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 48545 battles
  • [-ATK-]

View PostSprungNickel427-x, on 16 September 2021 - 12:11 AM, said:

Commander mode is dead... long live commander mode. The Base is split 4 ways currently on 3 errors and WWII. the objective in my mind is not 5 vanguards wrecking folks. Diversify the platoon so they have to play differently, effectively balancing the force. I am not interested in playing against bots. I have not tried Co-op or CW2-3 etc...nor tier 1-3 due to bots. 

l like the ...

Base is split 4 ways currently on 3 errors and WWll.

Are there enough players to not have bots??

SprungNickel427 #93 Posted 21 September 2021 - 07:30 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43144 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View PostTyrzun-x, on 15 September 2021 - 05:31 PM, said:

I don't need to make a poll, I already knew how people felt about the issue.  It's not bait, you tried to force people to answer the 4th question which is conceding larger platoons are going to happen and how best to do it.  As I already knew, this has nothing to do with playing with "friends". 

I already knew you wanted to seal club with "friends" and think it's "fun".  You should have just said that instead of all this other stuff trying to cover up the real desire.  By the way no it's not human nature to want to do that.  Some do, but others are the exact opposite. 

As I said.  No, to larger platoons in pvp.  3 makes it super easy as is when the 3 are skilled.

you couldn't be further from the truth. your assumption is off base but thanks for commenting. Any skilled players already have it easy enough. for all the Unis complaining about how bad the player base is, they could use the help and for every battle you benefit from a bias, there will be battles where you lose due to it. Looking at 40% open to Test. 60% willing to see restrictions on Platoon and 60+% accepting longer wait times... It's clear, people don't want an advantage and want to play together. It seems to me you knew nothing. By definition unis don't make up form more than 5% of the game. 

SprungNickel427 #94 Posted 21 September 2021 - 07:33 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43144 battles
  • [UMFF5]

View Postimanikingoff20-x, on 15 September 2021 - 10:42 PM, said:

l like the ...

Base is split 4 ways currently on 3 errors and WWll.

Are there enough players to not have bots??

not with the 4 way split. only on prime hours perhaps but off peak you'll see plenty of bots. Latest tweet I saw 10-14% of battles played are in CW which indicates a low uptake. 

GardogOne #95 Posted 22 September 2021 - 01:23 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37437 battles
  • [-NBD-]

View Postbarudrow-x, on 14 September 2021 - 05:05 PM, said:

Eliminate platoons all together. Problem solved.

Your Welcome! 
:izmena:

With that attitude, it isn't any wonder why you are against platoons!

CY-Papa #96 Posted 22 September 2021 - 05:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27181 battles
  • [EARM]
you can keep solo players in the game. thats why anyway we stop to play a teamplay game...

Add Cyprus flag ingame! Keep Calm and Respect small countries!

EE-9 Cascavel Commander 2001-2003 Cypriot National Guard.

♰ RIP WOTC 1.0 December 15, 2020  /  WOTC 2.0 aka "Update" 6.0 Tester

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users