Question/Suggestion about Replays

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Dialga88-x #1 Posted 14 September 2021 - 04:46 PM

Captain

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 8217 battles
  • [AP-EX]

I just had a thought about the Report Function, when you click on someones name, it sends WG the replay right? How about a Download or Save Replay Button where you can download the replay to your Xbox Storage (If you have the room), and the replay is exactly as it happened in game for that player.

I know what you're thinking, We have the Replay System but in my experience, the HUD Tips on the left is up which makes part of it clunky and you can't see the Sniping Reticle as the players see in a Live Game, All you can do is point at a target and zoom in (unless you go for Special Effects like Rubbelito used to). Replay System is great for pictures but not Replays (and people tend not to like Replay System Games), The Replay System could be improved as well.

It would also eliminate the Last 5 Mins/10 Live Recording the Xbox has and can then send to One Drive to your PC. I'm fortunate enough for a USB Stick so i can record up to an hour but would be easier for me to download the replay from the PBRS and then send it to the USB with No Editing Required, You can just play and save the good moments then transfer it to the PC/USB Drive without needing the Replay System or Live Recording every game.

Not sure if it can be done, but never know unless you ask. Thoughts?

Restless_Vermin-p #2 Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 46509 battles
  • [FUBB]
It would also be good if you could have an ‘instant report’ where you hit report and it flags a time stamp so the devs can see at which point the report was made and review the whole game if they feel action is required

Aja_hiljaa-p #3 Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:40 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5135 battles

Sometimes making a video is kind of a task, especially if a fast light tank drives in narrow streets and alleys and the camera bounces walls occasionally, which makes shaky feel to the video although the tank stays in the center of the screen. I just don't know what could possibly help except trying again until you get one video that is good enough.

Here is a recent example: https://www.youtube....h?v=R9TqSqLGzds

MaxChaos24-x #4 Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:15 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 14771 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostDialga88-x, on 14 September 2021 - 12:46 PM, said:

I just had a thought about the Report Function, when you click on someones name, it sends WG the replay right? How about a Download or Save Replay Button where you can download the replay to your Xbox Storage (If you have the room), and the replay is exactly as it happened in game for that player.

I know what you're thinking, We have the Replay System but in my experience, the HUD Tips on the left is up which makes part of it clunky and you can't see the Sniping Reticle as the players see in a Live Game, All you can do is point at a target and zoom in (unless you go for Special Effects like Rubbelito used to). Replay System is great for pictures but not Replays (and people tend not to like Replay System Games), The Replay System could be improved as well.

It would also eliminate the Last 5 Mins/10 Live Recording the Xbox has and can then send to One Drive to your PC. I'm fortunate enough for a USB Stick so i can record up to an hour but would be easier for me to download the replay from the PBRS and then send it to the USB with No Editing Required, You can just play and save the good moments then transfer it to the PC/USB Drive without needing the Replay System or Live Recording every game.

Not sure if it can be done, but never know unless you ask. Thoughts?

Replays can only be played on the server, it's not a video. When you report a player, only the report is sent. Even for us, we have to use the replay browser to watch the replay to review them. 

Click to send in a Support Ticket!

Dialga88-x #5 Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:08 PM

Captain

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 8217 battles
  • [AP-EX]

View PostMaxChaos24-x, on 15 September 2021 - 12:15 PM, said:

Replays can only be played on the server, it's not a video. When you report a player, only the report is sent. Even for us, we have to use the replay browser to watch the replay to review them. 

Right, never knew that, cheers

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users