New Maps?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

amanwiththree #21 Posted 16 September 2021 - 10:09 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 38944 battles

View PostBrogueOne-p, on 16 September 2021 - 01:08 AM, said:

The same reason they’ve given the whole time…. They literally have to recreate each map from scratch.  When they switched to 6.0 they literally switched to new programming code and thus can’t “port over the old maps” like you think they should.    Maps take 3-6 months to design, build, and test and there’s only so many staff members with experience in maps they can dedicate to the task at once.

It just still beggars belief that they chose to 'cut and paste' the worst,smallest and almost prehistoric maps rather than just retiring them, or tier restricting them.

Having said that I wouldn't have anywhere to play my light tanks if not for Himmelsdorf.

World of Tanks. The never ending Beta test.

FROSTY JIACK #22 Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:37 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25699 battles
  • [TFOW]
Westfield looks no different to how it did. If they decide to add some [edited]trees, we have to wait nearly a year? 

BrogueOne #23 Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:23 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 29237 battles
  • [AP-EX]

View PostFROSTY JIACK-x, on 16 September 2021 - 08:37 PM, said:

Westfield looks no different to how it did. If they decide to add some [edited]trees, we have to wait nearly a year? 

You’re completely missing the part where they have build the maps from scratch.  They’re not adding trees to the old maps, they are literally recreating the maps from the ground up…. The old maps were no longer compatible with the 6.0 version of the game… 6.0 is a literal different technical game from 5.9.  Building a map from scratch takes 3-4 months and they’re making 3-4 maps and adding to the game literally as fast as they can given their staff.  Would you prefer they divert people away from fixing the TT or balancing tanks to maybe get one extra map made per cycle?

IODA3980 #24 Posted 17 September 2021 - 09:25 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18309 battles

View PostBrogueOne-p, on 16 September 2021 - 09:23 PM, said:

You’re completely missing the part where they have build the maps from scratch.  They’re not adding trees to the old maps, they are literally recreating the maps from the ground up…. The old maps were no longer compatible with the 6.0 version of the game… 6.0 is a literal different technical game from 5.9.  Building a map from scratch takes 3-4 months and they’re making 3-4 maps and adding to the game literally as fast as they can given their staff.  Would you prefer they divert people away from fixing the TT or balancing tanks to maybe get one extra map made per cycle?

It takes 3-4 months to recreate a map. So, Cliff, Port, Abbaye ... were ready for the launch of 6.0 and as a consequence, WG was aware more than a year before that they would launch 6.0 !?

For most of the players, it was an awful surprise, they chose some maps that they prepared for 6.0, added too huge maps which are (almost all) disasters for WWII ... (Mannheim, Cao Bang for arty ...).

Since 6.0, we (the players) still are losers. The game has not reach its previous version and will probably never reach it again; 70 maps created in the game since the beginning and we would have years to wait to get them back ?

Edited by IODA3980-p, 17 September 2021 - 09:26 AM.

PrimalSeal1965 #25 Posted 17 September 2021 - 09:51 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12936 battles
  • [RETR0]

View PostIODA3980-p, on 15 September 2021 - 05:43 PM, said:

Anyway, with rigged matchmaking, lack of maps is also a shame.

70 created since the beginning and since 6.0 ... 10 played with HUGE SUCCESS like Mannheim, Cao Bang ... :-(((

I'd agree something is screwy with MM and has been for a whiles its pretty obvious and most times One team gets a serious advantage over the other. 

About every match I played yesterday was a loss mattered not the tier or tank. Not to mention about every shell I fired was either a bounce or simply did not damage with hits in weak spots on enemy tanks. Playing the IS7 and old tank she is but she has a good gun and a danged good tank (or was), I hit a I think a Type 5 Heavy, I forget in the weak spots repeatedly and never caused a bit of damage. Got Bounces over and over hit the thing in the tracks like over over and never saw one bit of damages to his tracks. Commander says We hit'em hard and the games shows I hit every shot fired and me figuring out the REPLAY thingy shows me hitting the thing over and over but not a thing done... He fires one time and me hull down and not enough of the turret showing for him to even hit but Boom I am done...

Oh wow, I think if I get to play Port One more Time I am gonna invest in a shipping company and buy myself a fleet of boats and rent them out! 

I never have understood removing maps saying you are going to replace them. Okay so Why Remove them until you have something to put back! ADD to the Maps and once you have all the new maps then maybe remove a map for rework. We need more maps that is pretty clear...I mean heck load back all the old maps if nothing else and then GIVE MORE ROTATION TO the Maps...Playing the same maps over and over gets dull to say the least....

Edited by PrimalSeal1965-x, 17 September 2021 - 09:52 AM.

IODA3980 #26 Posted 17 September 2021 - 09:54 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18309 battles

View PostFROSTY JIACK-x, on 16 September 2021 - 12:42 AM, said:

I just find it strange when I get sent back to the garage, go make a coffee and get given the same map again. 

Yesterday, I've had Himmelsdorf three times in a row ...

And with low tiers, after 6.0's downgrade, I played 50/50 Port and Mines. One day, WG added Abbaye in the rotation so it was 33/33/34 !

SamsonCrow #27 Posted 17 September 2021 - 10:06 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 41969 battles
  • [JAS]

View PostFROSTY JIACK-x, on 16 September 2021 - 12:42 AM, said:

I just find it strange when I get sent back to the garage, go make a coffee and get given the same map again. 

Has anyone else noticed if you get killed early there is about an 80% chance of getting the same map in the next battle?

I guess it maybe a way of trying to discourage YOLOing if you get a map you don't like - no escape - we are just going to give it to you again.

amanwiththree #28 Posted 17 September 2021 - 12:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 38944 battles

I think the big question is why they chose these particular maps completely unaltered as the basis for 6.0.

And frankly I don't believe any yarn they might spin about 're-coding', sorry.

RaggaMuffinReap #29 Posted 17 September 2021 - 01:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40464 battles
  • [DOOMU]

View PostFusionStar287-x, on 14 September 2021 - 08:13 PM, said:

With any luck we won't have four maps removed from the rotation for no good reason.

Is im fed up of seeing himi abbey pilsen cliff a good enough reason?

Now Streaming, as supastalka (twitch)

Thats the old review, new 1 incoming

http://forum-console...of-60-sensible/

RaggaMuffinReap #30 Posted 17 September 2021 - 01:52 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40464 battles
  • [DOOMU]

View PostBrogueOne-p, on 16 September 2021 - 09:23 PM, said:

they have the map done already, the actual hard bit is done. 

redoing old work takes a tiny fraction, they not creating from scratch, they copying - big difference

View Postamanwiththree-x, on 17 September 2021 - 12:23 PM, said:

I think the big question is why they chose these particular maps completely unaltered as the basis for 6.0.

And frankly I don't believe any yarn they might spin about 're-coding', sorry.

I believe the recoding story to be incomplete but true

As someone pointed out to me the amount of work the servers do on these maps server side.

I was baffled at this, why is it not just done client side? Distributed processing guys, i know it can lead to other issues such as exploit programs and now with PS its more of an issue but surely this can be plugged??

30 processors working for you that you didnt pay for must be better?? 

Now Streaming, as supastalka (twitch)

Thats the old review, new 1 incoming

http://forum-console...of-60-sensible/

amanwiththree #31 Posted 17 September 2021 - 01:53 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 38944 battles

Light tanks and speedy glass TDs or anything with a decent view range and irrespective of tier I'll get all of the above plus Mountain Pass in a seemingly endless loop with Vineyards and Sunset Coast thrown in now and then.

Take out my slowest and blindfold heavy or TD I get Kasserine and Mali.

The only time I see the true variety of maps is in a tier VIII medium.

I keep a note of the map rotation every time I play and which tank I use.

LacqueredBacon #32 Posted 17 September 2021 - 04:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 45951 battles

View PostIODA3980-p, on 17 September 2021 - 05:54 AM, said:

Yesterday, I've had Himmelsdorf three times in a row ...

And with low tiers, after 6.0's downgrade, I played 50/50 Port and Mines. One day, WG added Abbaye in the rotation so it was 33/33/34 !

Then you probably died early two times in a row.  If you die quickly in a match and pick a new tank, you will get the same map.

Pit Friend #33 Posted 17 September 2021 - 10:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39677 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostSamsonCrow-p, on 17 September 2021 - 05:06 AM, said:

Has anyone else noticed if you get killed early there is about an 80% chance of getting the same map in the next battle?

I guess it maybe a way of trying to discourage YOLOing if you get a map you don't like - no escape - we are just going to give it to you again.

Well yes.  The system doesn’t pick a new map just for you. It picks a map for a particular time period (2-3 minutes) and any games started during that time period gets that map. If you somehow wind up in the queue during the same time period and get into a game you’ll be on the same map you just left. 

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

SamsonCrow #34 Posted 18 September 2021 - 05:30 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 41969 battles
  • [JAS]

View PostPit Friend-x, on 17 September 2021 - 10:16 PM, said:

Well yes.  The system doesn’t pick a new map just for you. It picks a map for a particular time period (2-3 minutes) and any games started during that time period gets that map. If you somehow wind up in the queue during the same time period and get into a game you’ll be on the same map you just left. 

OK - that makes sense now - thanks.

I thought every battle had a map randomly allocated to it.

RAGNAR0K N ROLL #35 Posted 18 September 2021 - 05:37 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21631 battles
  • [JOCO]
Well some of the maps coming back are ones I’m glad to see again. I still pine for airfield though. :(

The Warrior of The Wasteland...The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users