ATGM Missiles Light Tanks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Xasperator-x #1 Posted 14 September 2021 - 07:34 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16299 battles
  • [32CR]
I find the ATGM game getting a bit ridiculous with these light tanks, but the way they're being used is suicidal. Lights are fast enough to come in and pop you with two of these and probably destroy you if you're a weaker tank. These types of weapons are modeled after real world usage. Well, I believe there was an arming time or minimum distance to arm before they'd detonate. These need to be limited to a range so you don't have a light that can't be "spotted" until they are shoving that up your bum. Limiting the number lights may be an issue to be considered, but adding a range to arm before the missles will detonate would help balance this issue. I say 100 meters minimum travel distance to arm or even 150, along with a commander perk to lower it by 20% which would be another way to diversify the perks. Maybe even 30%. And I know the game isn't realistic on some levels, but if a missle explodes and the firing light is in the splash radius they should take damage if this range limiting idea can't work; even if the derp the ground right in front of them there should suffer. All tanks with any explosives, even artillery should be able to splash themselves when they shotgun.

LeftTurnus #2 Posted 14 September 2021 - 11:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29472 battles

View PostXasperator-x, on 14 September 2021 - 07:34 PM, said:

I find the ATGM game getting a bit ridiculous with these light tanks, but the way they're being used is suicidal. Lights are fast enough to come in and pop you with two of these and probably destroy you if you're a weaker tank. These types of weapons are modeled after real world usage. Well, I believe there was an arming time or minimum distance to arm before they'd detonate. These need to be limited to a range so you don't have a light that can't be "spotted" until they are shoving that up your bum. Limiting the number lights may be an issue to be considered, but adding a range to arm before the missles will detonate would help balance this issue. I say 100 meters minimum travel distance to arm or even 150, along with a commander perk to lower it by 20% which would be another way to diversify the perks. Maybe even 30%. And I know the game isn't realistic on some levels, but if a missle explodes and the firing light is in the splash radius they should take damage if this range limiting idea can't work; even if the derp the ground right in front of them there should suffer. All tanks with any explosives, even artillery should be able to splash themselves when they shotgun.

The reload time balances out the ATGMs.

Most tanks can fire 2 or three shots while the ATGM tank is reloading.

The actual problem is that matches have an excessive amount of light tanks right now.

WoT is already so far removed from realism. The main thing that counts is game play.

Derekthetree #3 Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:19 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 23565 battles
  • [BEARD]

Missiles are worse up close than when used from afar. Its much easier to accidently hit the gun or tracks and not pen at all.

Also tagged with ATGM, Missiles, Light Tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users