• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

EIIoco ger #61 Posted 22 September 2021 - 01:01 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21049 battles
  • [NFFY]

View PostRaggaMuffinReap, on 21 September 2021 - 06:42 AM, said:

when i stopped heat spamming in my sherman 3 - i 3marked it. Its a very similar gun

HE will either get you 50-120 (splash), and some track assist or will pen and murder for 400, heat tops about 350

heat is for full broard sides of VK36s, tildas, OIexps. (90° )  And 5/4 turrets. 

If their angle changes to unfavourable change to HE, track them

Know what your shooting at, know what angle the shot will land on, consider ammo swapper

It will also make silver with HE, heat spam wont

If you know where to hit with the heat, its pretty reliable. HE not. HE is like playing roulette. Even hitting tanks with no armor sometimes makes only low damage. After the last posts i tried some HE. Bad idea. I´m back to heat.

To make silver i have other tanks. Some tanks are just so much fun, i don´t care about loosing money with them. (But thats much harder for new players, i recognize)

EDIT: I just compared our both stats with the hetzer. We have both only few games in it, so the averages are not reliable, but it seems that the premium heat does work better than using more HE. ;) Or the actual meta is better for the hetzer. That could be also an explanation.

Edited by EIIoco ger, 22 September 2021 - 01:13 PM.

Spoiler
“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” – Stephen Hawking

VTX SPARTAN #62 Posted 22 September 2021 - 03:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 49198 battles
  • [-N-]
Here's a novel idea, grind up the British heavy tech tree line.  The tier Caernarvon, Conq, S Conq, Chieftain play very similar to the T95/FV4201.  Strong turrets.  Accurate, quick firing, lower alpha guns with good depression. Middling mobility.  By the time you get past 8 and into 9, you'll see what it's all about and have a crew with a decent amount of skills.  Then slap some equipment and on the FV and have at it.  No need to rush it, the tank will be there.

BDaddy Cheno #63 Posted 22 September 2021 - 10:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40798 battles
  • [SPSR]
For the Hetzer, you are more likely to one-shot on a pen with HE rather than HEAT, are you not?
"I'm going to deal with this the only way us Bundys know how----with swift and blinding violence." -----Kelly Bundy

RaggaMuffinReap #64 Posted 23 September 2021 - 08:23 AM

Major

• Players
  • 40459 battles
  • [DOOMU]

View PostEIIoco ger, on 22 September 2021 - 01:01 PM, said:

If you know where to hit with the heat, its pretty reliable. HE not. HE is like playing roulette. Even hitting tanks with no armor sometimes makes only low damage. After the last posts i tried some HE. Bad idea. I´m back to heat.

To make silver i have other tanks. Some tanks are just so much fun, i don´t care about loosing money with them. (But thats much harder for new players, i recognize)

EDIT: I just compared our both stats with the hetzer. We have both only few games in it, so the averages are not reliable, but it seems that the premium heat does work better than using more HE. ;) Or the actual meta is better for the hetzer. That could be also an explanation.

U compared my hetzter?? Iv not had 1 for about 5 years, i use a sherman 3 @ tier 5. It has compairable gun, 

Now Streaming, as supastalka (twitch)

Thats the old review, new 1 incoming

http://forum-console...of-60-sensible/

EIIoco ger #65 Posted 23 September 2021 - 09:23 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21049 battles
  • [NFFY]

View PostBDaddy Cheno, on 22 September 2021 - 10:34 PM, said:

For the Hetzer, you are more likely to one-shot on a pen with HE rather than HEAT, are you not?

Thats right. But, how often do you pen with HE nowadays? Like Ragga described you will mostly get 50-120 splash. Not pen. Pen with HE will not happen often. Even as top tier shooting at lights can get you only splash damage.

I setup my tanks the best i can to get reliable outcomes. I don´t like to rely on chances.

And with the fast reload, if its not a one-shot, then its a two-shot. ;)

Edited by EIIoco ger, 23 September 2021 - 09:26 AM.

Spoiler

EIIoco ger #66 Posted 23 September 2021 - 09:25 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21049 battles
  • [NFFY]

View PostRaggaMuffinReap, on 23 September 2021 - 08:23 AM, said:

U compared my hetzter?? Iv not had 1 for about 5 years, i use a sherman 3 @ tier 5. It has compairable gun, 

Yea right. I saw that. Thats why i said that perhaps the acutal meta does have a big positive inpact on tanks with low acuracy. I bought mine back some weeks ago.
Spoiler

RaggaMuffinReap #67 Posted 23 September 2021 - 09:51 AM

Major

• Players
  • 40459 battles
  • [DOOMU]

View PostEIIoco ger, on 23 September 2021 - 09:25 AM, said:

Yea right. I saw that. Thats why i said that perhaps the acutal meta does have a big positive inpact on tanks with low acuracy. I bought mine back some weeks ago.

Yeah but a splash for 100 - 200 every 7/8 seconds is fine, track assist, spot assist, now and then get 400. . TRUST ME

HE better

RaggaMuffinReap #68 Posted 23 September 2021 - 09:57 AM

Major

• Players
  • 40459 battles
  • [DOOMU]

View PostRaggaMuffinReap, on 23 September 2021 - 09:51 AM, said:

Yeah but a splash for 100 - 200 every 7/8 seconds is fine, track assist, spot assist, now and then get 400. . TRUST ME

HE better

T67s, hetzers, m37s, chaffes, leopards, toasters, archers, art are all 1 shots. Everything else is 2.

Things that are not 2 shots get HEAT, Use ammo swap, if their angle goes bad splash them with HE any way

EIIoco ger #69 Posted 23 September 2021 - 10:47 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21049 battles
  • [NFFY]

Or you just know where to hit.... as i said, i have good results using mostly heat on the hetzer. And i am talking only about the hetzer, specifically that tier.

But if you are new to this game, then perhaps it is better to shoot more HE. Since you don´t know exactly how armor and heat works, and where exactly to shoot at. In that case HE works way better.

Edited by EIIoco ger, 23 September 2021 - 10:52 AM.

Spoiler

RaggaMuffinReap #70 Posted 23 September 2021 - 11:31 AM

Major

• Players
  • 40459 battles
  • [DOOMU]

View PostEIIoco ger, on 23 September 2021 - 10:47 AM, said:

Or you just know where to hit.... as i said, i have good results using mostly heat on the hetzer. And i am talking only about the hetzer, specifically that tier.

But if you are new to this game, then perhaps it is better to shoot more HE. Since you don´t know exactly how armor and heat works, and where exactly to shoot at. In that case HE works way better.

With the sherman, its hull down agro spotting, not sniping,

things that are panza shaped generally get heat.

And if heat wont pen the tier 7 then a HE spash will do, in the drive wheel.

If its a O Ho then put a HE in him just to see if he got a spall liner

You doing 200ish to mediums, they wont like. HE barrage is reliable damage, pain every shot. 

I do carry 46 HE and 20 HEAT. Ive used 80% of total in a tier 7 battle. I keep that gun firing

Edited by RaggaMuffinReap, 23 September 2021 - 11:40 AM.

Pit Friend #71 Posted 23 September 2021 - 09:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39677 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostEIIoco ger, on 23 September 2021 - 04:23 AM, said:

Thats right. But, how often do you pen with HE nowadays? Like Ragga described you will mostly get 50-120 splash. Not pen. Pen with HE will not happen often. Even as top tier shooting at lights can get you only splash damage.

I setup my tanks the best i can to get reliable outcomes. I don´t like to rely on chances.

And with the fast reload, if its not a one-shot, then its a two-shot. ;)

With the Hetzer reasonably often. Since all tier IVs get PMM now it never sees tier VIs. There are only a couple of tanks at tiers III and IV even with armor and still not all that many at tier V with enough to stop the HE. And if you do run into something like that then the HEAT shells will usually do for them. 

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users