Jump to content


Getting Wrecked by arty


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Nato Potato G16-x #1 Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:29 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17759 battles
  • 77
  • [USCAN]
  • Member since:
    03-01-2015

I dont know what has been going on lately, but I have been 1 shot by arty waaaaaaay more lately. 

 

It used to be extremely rare because I was always on the move and conscious of where they are shooting from. But it has just been really unlucky. 

I actually got 1 shot 2 times in a 5 game series.

 

Very depressing. LOL.

 

Just me? 



EIIoco ger-x #2 Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:33 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20580 battles
  • 794
  • [NFFY]
  • Member since:
    03-02-2018
In the last days only one one-shot. And i was standing still in the T-34. I think the arty was one tier higher. So, no, does not happen to me often.
Spoiler
“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” – Stephen Hawking

Nato Potato G16-x #3 Posted 15 September 2021 - 12:35 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17759 battles
  • 77
  • [USCAN]
  • Member since:
    03-01-2015

View PostEIIoco ger-x, on 15 September 2021 - 12:33 PM, said:

In the last days only one one-shot. And i was standing still in the T-34. I think the arty was one tier higher. So, no, does not happen to me often.

 

Maybe there is a homing beacon hidden somewhere on my tank lol

GEToff MyLawn52-x #4 Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:04 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 34753 battles
  • 1,312
  • Member since:
    06-04-2014

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate luck.

 

I couldn't even tell you when the last time was that arty sent me back to the garage let alone getting one shot.  They frag me the least of any class.

 

 



Tempest fox3-x #5 Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:05 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 26884 battles
  • 25,368
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013
Haven't been 1 shot by arty lately, but been slapped for half or more of my health more than once. One of the reasons I'm playing more cold war. No sky pigs there. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil, Obj.416, Cromwell Knight, M551 Sheridan (Cold war) - In order obtained

 

Spoiler

EIIoco ger-x #6 Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:06 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20580 battles
  • 794
  • [NFFY]
  • Member since:
    03-02-2018

View PostNato Potato G16-x, on 15 September 2021 - 12:35 PM, said:

 

Maybe there is a homing beacon hidden somewhere on my tank lol

 

Better check your equipment!!

 

With the bad user interface it can happen that you buy stuff accidentally.


Edited by EIIoco ger-x, 15 September 2021 - 01:07 PM.

Spoiler
“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” – Stephen Hawking

dadandcam001-x #7 Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:30 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26674 battles
  • 1,102
  • [I0WA]
  • Member since:
    08-30-2015
I've been playing CW, not me sending you presents from afar via arty.

 


MaxAmmo62-x #8 Posted 15 September 2021 - 05:00 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 34214 battles
  • 2,009
  • [USCAN]
  • Member since:
    07-18-2013
A few days ago I got 1 shot by arty when I was playing arty! It was a nice bit of counter battery fire, I sent the guy a "GG, great shot!"

amanwiththree-x #9 Posted 15 September 2021 - 05:10 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 38261 battles
  • 3,308
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

HWK 30 moving at 60kph one shotted by a clicker.

First time in ages, although it was a terrific shot I have to say.

Landed right in the middle of my turret.

 

 


 

 

 

 


LeftTurnus-p #10 Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:26 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 29261 battles
  • 3,905
  • Member since:
    12-09-2015

View PostTempest fox3-x, on 15 September 2021 - 01:05 PM, said:

Haven't been 1 shot by arty lately, but been slapped for half or more of my health more than once. One of the reasons I'm playing more cold war. No sky pigs there. 

 

Yep. My few ventures into WWII resulted in losing too much HP from a clicker.

Why I spend most of my time in CW anymore.



Nato Potato G16-x #11 Posted 15 September 2021 - 07:31 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17759 battles
  • 77
  • [USCAN]
  • Member since:
    03-01-2015

View PostEIIoco ger-x, on 15 September 2021 - 01:06 PM, said:

 

Better check your equipment!!

 

With the bad user interface it can happen that you buy stuff accidentally.

 

hahahha, 

That's definitely it then. I accidentally put on a arty homing beacon equipment. Another one of wargaming's ploys to get my silver. 

 

lol



Nato Potato G16-x #12 Posted 15 September 2021 - 07:33 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17759 battles
  • 77
  • [USCAN]
  • Member since:
    03-01-2015

View PostLeftTurnus-p, on 15 September 2021 - 06:26 PM, said:

 

Yep. My few ventures into WWII resulted in losing too much HP from a clicker.

Why I spend most of my time in CW anymore.

 

I just dont feel like starting over in CW. I already three marked the T44 and played a lot of these tanks. Now I have to re grind them and three mark them.... 

 

nah ill pass. 

 

Maybe in a few years when I get bored with WW2 mode and have all the tanks I want. 

 

Ive been playing for years, but I do not play a lot of games per year so it takes me a looooooong time to grind



Nato Potato G16-x #13 Posted 15 September 2021 - 07:34 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17759 battles
  • 77
  • [USCAN]
  • Member since:
    03-01-2015

View Postamanwiththree-x, on 15 September 2021 - 05:10 PM, said:

HWK 30 moving at 60kph one shotted by a clicker.

First time in ages, although it was a terrific shot I have to say.

Landed right in the middle of my turret.

 

 

 

Yup thats a rage quit for sure for me hahahhaha

Pit Friend-x #14 Posted 15 September 2021 - 10:06 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 39619 battles
  • 22,807
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014

Haven’t been one shot killed by them but the last few days I’ve played my tank was focused on by every artillery on the red team in several games until either I or they were dead. Even to the point where if I became I spotted they kept pounding the last spot I was at or was totally behind solid cover. 

 

That makes for dynamic gameplay right there. :facepalm:


I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!


dadandcam001-x #15 Posted 16 September 2021 - 02:37 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26674 battles
  • 1,102
  • [I0WA]
  • Member since:
    08-30-2015

View PostPit Friend-x, on 15 September 2021 - 04:06 PM, said:

Haven’t been one shot killed by them but the last few days I’ve played my tank was focused on by every artillery on the red team in several games until either I or they were dead. Even to the point where if I became I spotted they kept pounding the last spot I was at or was totally behind solid cover. 

 

That makes for dynamic gameplay right there. :facepalm:

 

Hate to admit this, but, I have focus fired on a couple of very good (light) tankers, just so I could say that I got them or maybe be in a I hate arty type video.  :hiding:

 

 


 


RogueTrooper180-x #16 Posted 16 September 2021 - 03:53 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19941 battles
  • 3,960
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
My 48 Patton got nuked by a T92 the other day. Not spotted, 9 skill crew with 6th sense, and full health.

YOU ONLY FAIL IF YOU DON’T TRY

 

  “If we can make it to the ground, we'll take the next chance. And the next. On and on until we win… or the chances are spent.” Jyn Erso ...

 


RadiantPup27709-x #17 Posted 16 September 2021 - 05:33 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32173 battles
  • 7,768
  • Member since:
    02-06-2014
Haven't even been hit by arty lately.


Aja_hiljaa-p #18 Posted 16 September 2021 - 07:40 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 5135 battles
  • 51
  • Member since:
    03-14-2021

View Postdadandcam001-x, on 16 September 2021 - 04:37 PM, said:

 

Hate to admit this, but, I have focus fired on a couple of very good (light) tankers, just so I could say that I got them or maybe be in a I hate arty type video.

 

 

Artillery shooting light tanks is self-defense.

mr_rainmaker777-p #19 Posted 16 September 2021 - 07:43 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 48436 battles
  • 1,709
  • Member since:
    07-10-2016
I almost dont play WW2 mode anymore because of arty :hiding:

Albapfalzd3-x #20 Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:08 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 28842 battles
  • 3,579
  • [-LAG-]
  • Member since:
    04-07-2017

I got missed by Arty today for 2400 HP. Yep missed me but blew my top off with splash. Love that cr_p. I was starting to have a good match too which I really needed as I have been struggling hard lately. 

 

Roy






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users