Balance update is doing miracles.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Fabissimo-x #1 Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:44 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 50445 battles

I am happy with the balance updates. Many tanks were buffed. There are still many needing buffs, but I think Wargaming is paying more attention to it now.

For example, T34, IS-6, Patriot and FV215b received buffs that helped a lot. It is much more fun to play this old tanks now. Some tanks didnt need buff, like T110E4 and Obj 268 V. 

If Wargaming continue to rebalance tanks and bring back more old maps it is going to atract more players.

It has to listen to players who understand the game in depth when rebalancing tanks, because their spreedsheats can lie a lot, particurlarly when analising tanks that were gifted and are massively played and with tanks that almost no one plays. In the first case the tanks might seems like needing a buff, but dont need. In the second case the tank need buffs, but seems to performe well because only unicuns play.

natedaishmaster-x #2 Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:49 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 30037 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View PostFabissimo-x, on 15 September 2021 - 06:44 AM, said:

It has to listen to players who understand the game in depth when rebalancing tanks, because their spreedsheats can lie a lot, particurlarly when analising tanks that were gifted and are massively played and with tanks that almost no one plays. In the first case the tanks might seems like needing a buff, but dont need. In the second case the tank need buffs, but seems to performe well because only unicuns play.

The balance changes were great but WG definitely shouldn't listen to super unis when it comes to balancing. Super unis play differently than 99% of players and the balance updates should be focused on average players rather than good players. The spreadsheets do a good job of that and WG corrects for who is playing the tank, they've described the process many times in the last year or so. Here is a link to a more detailed analysis of WG doing balancing

http://forum-console...51-the-machine/

3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M60, Chisel, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B, Valour, IS7, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, FV215B, T110E4

atwilliams07-p #3 Posted 16 September 2021 - 03:47 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 44877 battles

I agree.  Overall the majority of the "reforged" changes have been well done (with a few exceptions).

It's never going to be perfect, but I am happy WG are trying to adjust balance and reinvigorate some tanks which have fallen out of the meta.

I just hope they keep going and we get "the rest" done and that this doesn't fizzle out like the last balancing attempt.

DanteSSVK-p #4 Posted 16 September 2021 - 06:36 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22919 battles
  • [ONE-]

View Postnatedaishmaster-x, on 15 September 2021 - 02:49 PM, said:

The balance changes were great but WG definitely shouldn't listen to super unis when it comes to balancing. Super unis play differently than 99% of players and the balance updates should be focused on average players rather than good players. The spreadsheets do a good job of that and WG corrects for who is playing the tank, they've described the process many times in the last year or so. Here is a link to a more detailed analysis of WG doing balancing

http://forum-console...51-the-machine/

I would really not choose only 1 group of players as Super Unis or average players. WG should listen to experienced players (veterans) which can make objective suggestions. Even tho still some of players have biased suggestions.

WOT PC played from 2011

EIIoco ger-x #5 Posted 16 September 2021 - 07:07 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20580 battles
  • [NFFY]

I think all stakeholders should be listend to. And then analize the statements/wishes. Like in every good evaluation. If you ask only average players or if you ask only super unis, you don´t get the "whole truth".

Some super unis will state stuff that could be annoying for new players, and new player sometimes state bull****, because they still don´t understand core game mechanics.

So listening to all is a good approach. Of course this has to be assessed, analysed and compared the the data that WG has.

But considering different updates in the past.... i´m very cautios with the "assessment skill" of WG.

Edited by EIIoco ger-x, 16 September 2021 - 07:08 AM.

Spoiler
“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” – Stephen Hawking

imanikingoff20-x #6 Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:03 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 48154 battles
  • [-ATK-]

View Postatwilliams07-p, on 16 September 2021 - 01:47 PM, said:

I agree.  Overall the majority of the "reforged" changes have been well done (with a few exceptions).

It's never going to be perfect, but I am happy WG are trying to adjust balance and reinvigorate some tanks which have fallen out of the meta.

I just hope they keep going and we get "the rest" done and that this doesn't fizzle out like the last balancing attempt.

I'd say they will keep going because (wearing my Tin Foil Hat)..

All standard ammo will find it difficult to pen any 'buffed' tank, therefore more Premium ammo will be required.

I hope I'm wrong but time will tell..

(Goes to stand in corner and takes off Tin Foil hat)

EIIoco ger-x #7 Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:48 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20580 battles
  • [NFFY]

View Postimanikingoff20-x, on 16 September 2021 - 08:03 AM, said:

(Goes to stand in corner and takes off Tin Foil hat)

:teethhappy:

Spoiler
“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” – Stephen Hawking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users