• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

STUART SHERMAN #1 Posted 22 September 2021 - 04:46 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 46856 battles
  • [FLT]

Hello everyone,

I’m making this my final topic here to say thank you to WG for creating a game that has given me many hours of enjoyment, (especially on those long cold winter days/nights) over the last eight years. Another big thank you to those that I’ve had the privilege of having contact with on this Forum, and in the game. Many of you have been great, others not so much. Too many of the good ones are no longer here for whatever reason, but it’s been fun for the most part. 
It’s been quite a ride since Beta and it has been my privilege to participate and interact with gamers from all over the world. I dearly want to continue to play, but my motor skills are deteriorating to the point that I’m not able to drive my faster tanks with any degree of accuracy most if the time, and after just a few rounds in them I’m in enough pain that I cannot continue. Arty gets very boring very quickly, and the game feels tilted away from the more stealthy types that I normally like to play. My TDs seem to get spotted far too easily of late and it’s become frustrating to play them most of the time. Is it the camo, muffled shot glitch still? In the end I guess it really doesn’t matter. HeII, it’s probably just me anyway. 
You may still see me in game on occasion, but I’m done on this Forum. Instead I’ll be spending more time on what are probably more productive efforts. 

I guess it comes down to the frustration level outweighing the fun factor too often for me so sadly I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s time for me to wind it down. 

Good Hunting to all one final time, and Happy Tanking. 
Good bye. 
:honoring:

PhonicKitty8825 #2 Posted 22 September 2021 - 04:54 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27794 battles
  • [USC4N]
It's been a pleasure having you here. We've had some nice chats and a good time, but I can't remember meeting you in game more than once, are you sure your camo isn't working ;)?  Either way I hope you have a great time doing whatever it is you desire. You will be missed. Goodbye :honoring:

4th MoE/Gold Moe  3rd MoE: IS-7, IS-3, M.O.B.A.T., M24 Chaffee '53, T-44A, T-72AV, M113, M551 Sheridan, M46A1 Patton

TennisMan56 #3 Posted 22 September 2021 - 04:54 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 52489 battles
  • [THNTR]
Good luck in the whatever you do. Sorry to see you go. Godspeed good sir.

PrezBillClinton #4 Posted 22 September 2021 - 04:58 AM

Major

• Players
  • 65561 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostSTUART SHERMAN, on 21 September 2021 - 11:46 PM, said:

Hello everyone,

I’m making this my final topic here to say thank you to WG for creating a game that has given me many hours of enjoyment, (especially on those long cold winter days/nights) over the last eight years. Another big thank you to those that I’ve had the privilege of having contact with on this Forum, and in the game. Many of you have been great, others not so much. Too many of the good ones are no longer here for whatever reason, but it’s been fun for the most part. 
It’s been quite a ride since Beta and it has been my privilege to participate and interact with gamers from all over the world. I dearly want to continue to play, but my motor skills are deteriorating to the point that I’m not able to drive my faster tanks with any degree of accuracy most if the time, and after just a few rounds in them I’m in enough pain that I cannot continue. Arty gets very boring very quickly, and the game feels tilted away from the more stealthy types that I normally like to play. My TDs seem to get spotted far too easily of late and it’s become frustrating to play them most of the time. Is it the camo, muffled shot glitch still? In the end I guess it really doesn’t matter. HeII, it’s probably just me anyway. 
You may still see me in game on occasion, but I’m done on this Forum. Instead I’ll be spending more time on what are probably more productive efforts. 

I guess it comes down to the frustration level outweighing the fun factor too often for me so sadly I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s time for me to wind it down. 

Good bye. 

Time to consider a new tanking buddy Stu?   Dogs make tanking more fun!

If you don't know, ask someone who does.

RaggaMuffinReap #5 Posted 22 September 2021 - 05:48 AM

Major

• Players
  • 40459 battles
  • [DOOMU]

View PostPhonicKitty8825, on 22 September 2021 - 04:54 AM, said:

It's been a pleasure having you here. We've had some nice chats and a good time, but I can't remember meeting you in game more than once, are you sure your camo isn't working ;)?  Either way I hope you have a great time doing whatever it is you desire. You will be missed. Goodbye :honoring:

Its green thumb thats not working, and i dont care if its said to be working muffled shot needs a fix/buff

Gutted stewy, sell your account and make a mint

Now Streaming, as supastalka (twitch)

Thats the old review, new 1 incoming

http://forum-console...of-60-sensible/

fistfighter01 #6 Posted 22 September 2021 - 06:06 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 45484 battles
Take care, Stu. 

Ditch Doc #7 Posted 22 September 2021 - 06:48 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32458 battles

Aw man, Stuart,

I’m sorry to see you go, and even sorrier to hear about your reflexes giving you problems. I hope you find something fun and productive to do. You are the reason we have a dog. His name is Milo (for Milo Minderbinder). For that reason, I consider you to be the person on the forum who most positively affected my family. Thanks for all your level-headed contributions to topics over the years. Hope to see you around sometime, friend.

“They’re trying to kill me,” Yossarian told him calmly. ”No one’s trying to kill you,” Clevinger cried.

”Then why are they shooting at me?” Yossarian asked. ”They’re shooting at everyone,” Clevinger answered. “They’re trying to kill everyone.”

”And what difference does that make?” Joseph Heller, Catch-22

RogueTrooper180 #8 Posted 22 September 2021 - 07:04 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19941 battles
  • [JOCO]

Another original going. Wow, it will be strange not seeing you in these forums. It has been a privilege and a pleasure interacting with you sir.

I wish you well, and may God bless you in the future. Shoot for the stars.:honoring:

Edited by RogueTrooper180, 22 September 2021 - 07:05 AM.

YOU ONLY FAIL IF YOU DON’T TRY

“If we can make it to the ground, we'll take the next chance. And the next. On and on until we win… or the chances are spent.” Jyn Erso ...

x If Only x #9 Posted 22 September 2021 - 08:14 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 30450 battles
  • [IN]
Didn't have much interaction with you on the forum OP but sorry to see you go. Good luck and all the best for the future and hope your issues with your motor skills pick up. Again, best wishes and take care. 

FinlandRed #10 Posted 22 September 2021 - 08:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 26834 battles

Sad to see you go mate. I'm sure we must have crossed swords at least once during Ranked Battles. Good luck with whatever you decide to do instead of hanging around this mad house. :teethhappy:

Be well mate.

dzhey43 #11 Posted 22 September 2021 - 09:13 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 49303 battles
  • [NYAHI]
That's nice you drop THIS. I wish you luck out there and I hope one day I could do same. Have fun without THIS.

Leonidas SR71 #12 Posted 22 September 2021 - 09:57 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36970 battles
  • [X-OFF]
Sad to see another vet leaving. Good luck.

"Priests????!!!!! Don't tell me I'm still on that fecking island?!!"

LiftedLynx4323 #13 Posted 22 September 2021 - 10:08 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 4785 battles
Good luck with all things mate, and may good times be close by, you'll be missed
Load up another match and make it a good one

milesizdead #14 Posted 22 September 2021 - 10:20 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 29092 battles
  • [KLA]
Take care, and all the best in the future.

FusionStar287 #15 Posted 22 September 2021 - 11:15 AM

Major

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 24615 battles
  • [JOCO]
I wish you all the best STUART. As others have said it'll be sad to see you go.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

Ben The Orange #16 Posted 22 September 2021 - 11:28 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 18340 battles

I can relate. Pretty sure Arthiritis is developing in my trigger finger. Thirty years of gaming will do that I suppose.

I'll miss you Stuart. Had some good debates with you here. Good luck with all that you do in the future. GG dude! :great:

Restless_Vermin #17 Posted 22 September 2021 - 12:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 47503 battles
  • [FUBB]

View PostSTUART SHERMAN, on 22 September 2021 - 04:46 AM, said:

Hello everyone,

Good bye. 

Speaking as someone who suffers a similar dilemma (nearly lost my thumb and severed all the nerves and tendons in my right hand, arthritis in both hands and repair work in my wrist where they ‘borrowed’ bits to reconstruct, coupled with poor vision)

I say stay with it (if you love it) never give in to anything that life says you can’t do!

My stats are horrible, sometimes I drive off cliffs etc, a lot of times I miss easy shots, I try to be a pain to the reds even if I can’t do much else. It’s your game you play it like you want (can) 

Just my opinion but take a break like I did and now I’m enjoying it again

Good luck whatever you decide but hope you stay!

eismeerjg5 #18 Posted 22 September 2021 - 01:02 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 48511 battles
  • [LAH1]

Sad to see another major contributor to the game and the forum calling it a day. Though I still play (very badly most of the time) I am also feeling a lot of frustrations since "that" update and can see me eventually taking the same course of action as yourself. Hell, if I'd put this much time and effort into studying as I have playing this game I could have been a doctor by now:teethhappy:

Whatever you choose to do after WoT I hope it is rewarding and fun:honoring:

Mr HIPP0 #19 Posted 22 September 2021 - 01:25 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 39989 battles
  • [OLDG]

Always sad to see a long term vet go.

I know we never had any direct interactions, but I wish you all the best in whatever comes next.

OldGamerz.co.uk

OldGamerz.co.uk Mature gaming community for the over 30's

Playing for fun, not stats.

DrHorrible4Life #20 Posted 22 September 2021 - 02:10 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17972 battles
I'll genuinely miss you Stu.  Happy trails.

Also tagged with CW, Mercenaries, Light tanks, 6.0, Seasons

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users