Season Overtime

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

GiggyBobcat8372 #1 Posted 12 October 2021 - 09:51 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18994 battles

I'm not sure why, but we keep getting these dead weeks between seasons. This week WG have thrown in a new 'feature', Season Overtime. Now if this was an additional week to make use of the bonuses we earned at the end of last season, that would be a good thing, and we would have reason to keep playing, probably grind some otherwise neglected tt tanks. But instead it is sadly just an opportunity for anyone who missed last season to buy their way through. Aside from being an obvious attempt at a desperate cash grab it all seems a bit pointless. Shame, as another week of earned bonuses could have really kept active players coming back. Instead we see that we can now skip seasons entirely, so long as we are willing to buy our way through afterward.

So, what do you guys think?

LeftTurnus #2 Posted 12 October 2021 - 10:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30330 battles

I was hoping it was an extra week of the earned bonuses.

Sadly it is not  :unsure:

BlazingSword075 #3 Posted 12 October 2021 - 10:51 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6375 battles

View PostLeftTurnus, on 12 October 2021 - 10:43 PM, said:

I was hoping it was an extra week of the earned bonuses.

Sadly it is not  :unsure:

It should be. That's what "overtime" usually means. As the OP says, we would then have reason to keep playing, instead of going off doing something else..

dzhey43 #4 Posted 12 October 2021 - 11:44 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 49279 battles
  • [CYETA]
Season ended and that's it. Wait for next one.

RaggaMuffinReap #5 Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 40430 battles
  • [DOOMU]

its to troll you out of a week of earned premium time, 

Duh, its just book balancing. 

Now Streaming, as supastalka (twitch)

Thats the old review, new 1 incoming

http://forum-console...of-60-sensible/

PrezBillClinton #6 Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 65561 battles
  • [JOCO]
Long Haul, Modern Trappings, and October challenge all running. A week break in between Seasons seems relaxing.:rolleyes:

If you don't know, ask someone who does.

imanikingoff20 #7 Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:45 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49915 battles
  • [-ATK-]

They have to wait for Halloween, then move on.

Also they haven't finalized the deal with ' Toy Story' yet.

To infinity and beyond!!!

It's only my complete lack of talent that stops me from being an average player.

MaxMiner11 #8 Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:46 AM

Major

• Players
  • 26616 battles
I would have like to see a short 3-week Halloween themed season.
[X] I am not a BOT

ElderTigerJedi #9 Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:20 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28392 battles
  • [1CAB]

Well one of my clan mates was about to but this last night as he thought it was a head start on the new season…..

he stopped and complained that it was rough that WG wanted players to get a head start on the next season and drop money on it without telling players what the season rewards were ….

:medal:

:facepalm:

MaxChaos24 #10 Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:45 AM

Senior Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 14852 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostGiggyBobcat8372, on 12 October 2021 - 05:51 PM, said:

I'm not sure why, but we keep getting these dead weeks between seasons. This week WG have thrown in a new 'feature', Season Overtime. Now if this was an additional week to make use of the bonuses we earned at the end of last season, that would be a good thing, and we would have reason to keep playing, probably grind some otherwise neglected tt tanks. But instead it is sadly just an opportunity for anyone who missed last season to buy their way through. Aside from being an obvious attempt at a desperate cash grab it all seems a bit pointless. Shame, as another week of earned bonuses could have really kept active players coming back. Instead we see that we can now skip seasons entirely, so long as we are willing to buy our way through afterward.

So, what do you guys think?

There are multiple other earn Ops and Daily login events running during the Season break so should be plenty to do! :honoring:

Click to send in a Support Ticket!

GiggyBobcat8372 #11 Posted 14 October 2021 - 01:19 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18994 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 13 October 2021 - 10:45 AM, said:

There are multiple other earn Ops and Daily login events running during the Season break so should be plenty to do! :honoring:

Tbh, I rarely use boosters, I have no interest in CW, so only the tank somewhere at the end of one of the ops (whose existence isn't even mentioned in the game for non-forum players, btw) is of any interest. I am actually taking the opportunity to catch up on other, non-WoT, things. I'm sure I'm not the only one. But another week of earned bonuses would have likely kept me playing, and probably grinding the tt if I had garage slots to fill. A few tweaks in the right direction and the game could be doing so much better. Instead it seems stubbornly intent to go the wrong direction, wasting resources on unnecessary friviolities like 3D commanders, a second, divisive, resource-hungry mode (CW), etc. Take those latter two away, to form their own spin-off game, and let us get back to our old, enjoyable WoT game, please. It's what most of us have been coming back for years for. We don't need, or want, the new junk.

DressyMetal65 #12 Posted 16 October 2021 - 06:29 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3089 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 13 October 2021 - 10:45 AM, said:

The tank would be nice to have, especially if it had been the Sgt Slaughter camoed version, but without carryover the requirements seem excessive, especially for those of us who prefer lighter tanks. I thought I was making progress, but I doubt that I'll stick with it to the end. The discount stages seem to be far less generous than past earn ops too, so I likely won't go that way either. Wallet is safe, as they say around my way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users