Question for MintoVimto Cap or Destroy

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Question @ MintoVimto Cap or fight PLEASE.... (72 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should a TEAM CAP OUT or HUNT and DESTROY LAST TANK

1. CAP OUT (24 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. HUN AND DESTROY Last Tank (48 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Hide poll

owtkast360man #1 Posted 13 October 2021 - 03:04 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12943 battles
  • [KASTS]

Question mainly for MintoVimto .

Everyone, please vote also. I would like valid comments based off of the experience that you my have. I know many different players have many different opinions on this issue,but i am looking for what may benefit the team,as opposed to what will benefit the individual. I know there are benefits both ways, but does the team as a whole get more XP, SILVER if some go ahead and CAP? Im not talking like 12 vs. 5. I am thinking more along the 10 vs. 1 or 2. It sucks when your team is chasing around that last medium or light tank, ALL THE WHILE, he is getting 1 or 2 or even 3 kills on your team mates that are low on health, or maybe they are TD or ARTY , and cant defend. Even i winning team is healthy, do you get better benefits going ahead and capping vs. the long drawn out CHASE?

Please vote and give your opinions, but please keep respectful. This is just a question that i feel is Valid, I really would like MintoVimto's take on this. I figure he should be able to get a valid concrete answer since he is a Wargaming Employee.

Thanks for your time and effort. 

Tempest fox3 #2 Posted 13 October 2021 - 03:14 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 27217 battles
  • [JOCO]

There is an Exp multiplyer for the entire team based on the amount of HP the enemy team has left at the end of the battle. You of course get the maximum bonus from this if the entire enemy team is dead

Team performance factor
Coefficient based on the total damage inflicted to the enemy team by your teammates
No

There is not applied to credits.

There is also a Xp and Credit bonus for capturing the base, but this is only given to those that captured the base. 

Completed base capture
Flat bonus
Flat amount paid to everyone who is in the capture circle at the moment of completed base capture, independent of individual contribution

Other things to consider is people may be chasing damage for MOE's as even an extra shot or two at the end of a game can help considerably. Likewise people may chase the extra kill to help with an ace or if they're close to a top gun or other medal.

By capturing the base (when you don't need to capture to win) you're essentially giving a middle finger to the rest of your team and whatever their goals may be. Unless you're farming efficiency for some reason, but I dunno why you would want to farm that, no one pays attention to it anyway. 

Plus it's nice to send the enemy tanks back to the garage with a repair bill and not let them hide it out when they probably didn't help their team and avoid the credit loss. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil, Obj.416, Cromwell Knight, M551 Sheridan (Cold war) - In order obtained

Spoiler

Derekthetree #3 Posted 13 October 2021 - 03:32 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 24006 battles
  • [BEARD]

Capping should only be used to win the game if the enemy will cap or kill you all. Or if there is one light tank left in CW that can basically hide forever

Didn't the cap point distribution change to the whole team with 6.0??

https://console.worl...20-build-notes/

Additional changes

• We’ve made a few adjustments to some of the game mechanics.
    • On base capture, all winning team members receive additional XP and Silver, not just those in the capture circle.

atwilliams07 #4 Posted 13 October 2021 - 04:15 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 45185 battles

In the situation you are describing (10 vs 1 or 2), I think the right thing to do is not to out cap out, but that doesn't mean you can't use cap pressure to bring that remaining tank or two to you, to save you running around the map (you can and should step off the cap as necessary).

However, there are alot of other situations which are not as clear cut as the one outlined, where my answer would be "it depends".  I am not a serial capper, but depending on the remaining team composition (green vs red team numbers, tank speed, tier split etc) and the map it still can be a valid strategy to secure a win for the team.

Having said that, I don't think there is a "concrete answer", as most of the time you get more XP for a win than a loss, and it can be difficult to reliably know if you would have lost if you hadn't capped.

FusionStar287 #5 Posted 13 October 2021 - 04:18 AM

Major

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 24611 battles
  • [JOCO]
It depends on the situation. If those last few enemies are slow tanks, are spotted, or you know their location you should usually hunt them down, but if those last few enemies are in fast tanks your team won't be able to track down and corral or are threatening to cap your own base you should often cap the base if you're already nearby.

In general though it's worth hunting down the last enemies much more often than it's worth capping out.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

dzhey43 #6 Posted 13 October 2021 - 04:42 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 49216 battles
  • [CYETA]
Cap out. Chasing last tank is silly.

imanikingoff20 #7 Posted 13 October 2021 - 04:44 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49819 battles
  • [-ATK-]

I cap when...

I am nearly dead

I'm in a heavy and the Reds left are Lights or Mediums

When we are out numbered (4 to 7 plus)

When Reds are about to Cap to give Greens more time to 'defend the base'

When the game is quick we are going to win, Reds have a Light unspotted, and I don't feel like playing 'hide and seek ' for 6 plus minutes.

AND

When I'm grinding the TT  5 Stuig 33B

Edited by imanikingoff20, 13 October 2021 - 05:05 AM.

It's only my complete lack of talent that stops me from being an average player.

DrMegaherz #8 Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:25 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11792 battles
  • [-TSA-]

Searching for the last remaining enemy when its a light can be a waste of time. I prefer starting a new round, when I can predict they will get the kill quik then I will stop to cap.

Time is rare and I`m not waiting to win seein an E-100 hunting last enemy tank running away with double speed.

Dyslexsticks #9 Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 38441 battles
  • [JOCO]

I ain't chasing [edited]unless I can catch up to it.

I might consider moving off the cap every now and then if I trust the remaining allies to succeed. Not often but there is the occasional dude on a roll.

Corrupted Ewok #10 Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:57 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20695 battles

Beyond simply preferring to kill everything where possible I tend to consider my team mates various grinds. If my only options are cap or lose then I'll cap, but if my team can win on kills I'll let them even when I'm not in a position to be part of it. Various ops requiring kills and damage, season progress requiring spotting, blocked damage, kills or inflicted damage mean by ending a game early that doesn't need to end I would be hurting my teams progression.

Basic consideration is all it is and on balance I try not to hurt people that haven't given me a reason to.

In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Douglas Adams.

amanwiththree #11 Posted 13 October 2021 - 07:17 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 38942 battles

Meh, I've lost a fair amount of games chasing down the last couple of tanks rather than capping which is my fault.

But the predominance of capping as being the only or most important objective means I'm doing it a lot more than I used to, sometimes you have no choice.

I got an invader medal the other day and felt ashamed. 

World of Tanks. The never ending Beta test.

schamaltik #12 Posted 13 October 2021 - 08:46 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24215 battles
In Most Cases you should destroy the Others Team. Capping dies make Sense though If you are outnumbered and you would Most likley Not bei able to destroy the Others team

EIIoco ger #13 Posted 13 October 2021 - 08:58 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21000 battles
  • [NFFY]

I will NEVER understand those cappers.....

In my world in only one of 100 games your team needs to cap, to prevent loose.

In all the other 99 games you can win by kill all. And in most of the games where you hunt the last light, it never takes more then 1 minute. In most cases hunting down is even faster then capping out. Especially when ALL start searching.

But this is a lost cause. You have too much players that only master one strategy:

Attack on one flank at the edge of the border, keep attating until they die or reach the enemy cap. If they reach the enemy cap, they cap. No matter what. You could turn of the map for those players, wouldn´t make a difference.

Edited by EIIoco ger, 13 October 2021 - 08:59 AM.

Spoiler
“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” – Stephen Hawking

Joco3000 #14 Posted 13 October 2021 - 09:55 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 30811 battles
  • [JOCO]
It's simple.
No cap, kill all*.

*Might cap.

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

IIBSWAT #15 Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:17 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 57852 battles
When I first started and for quite some time (years), I used to get to the enemy cap and just cap out...when I finally stopped doing that and started to go for kills to win, my win rate started to go up. So for me I'll stick to killing to win.

Eskadrinis #16 Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:46 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16996 battles
I have been on teams where it was 8vs4 and we lose because instead of 3 capping they turn around to fight the reds and die cuz some get there alone and die 3 were 1 shot and die. So it can go both ways u have number advantage I say cap check I lost a lot more trying to kill the enemy lol

BrogueOne #17 Posted 13 October 2021 - 11:24 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 29227 battles
  • [AP-EX]
Depends on the map and tanks… If I’m in a Maus and the last enemy is a Vanguard you can bite my shiny metal skirt, I’m capping

MilitaryGoose05 #18 Posted 13 October 2021 - 12:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18794 battles
It completely depends on the circumstances of the game. If you're several tanks down and have an opportunity to cap, then cap.

If you're several tanks up, and the last enemy is a light tank and you don't where he is? Cap.

It all depends on map awareness. WHich is why the large square map should be the default map, and not the small useless round one which teaches players bad situational awareness skills.

GEToff MyLawn52 #19 Posted 13 October 2021 - 01:26 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 35044 battles

I generally base my decision on which option gets me to the next battle the quickest with one exception.  If greens are engaging the last red then get off the cap.  If the last red isn't spotted, cap.  Everyone gets XP for a cap.  

It would be nice to know what nets more XP.  Capping or killing the one red that is left.  If the difference is minimal then I would go with what saves time and gets me to the next battle.

Smaugone1 #20 Posted 13 October 2021 - 01:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25685 battles
Cap as needed. It's not always necessary, bit there are times you have to capture the base.
REMEMBER-It's just a game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users