Question for MintoVimto Cap or Destroy

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Question @ MintoVimto Cap or fight PLEASE.... (72 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should a TEAM CAP OUT or HUNT and DESTROY LAST TANK

1. CAP OUT (24 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. HUN AND DESTROY Last Tank (48 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Hide poll

bigpikle #21 Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:06 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 57073 battles

It depends on the situation. 

5 v 1 or 2 v 1, what tank are you in (slow or fast), how big is the map and who is your opponent, how much health they have left, can they reset the cap or not (ex: out spot you if your commander is dead) how much time is left on the clock...

You have to use judgement

MintoVimto #22 Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 1510 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostFusionStar287, on 12 October 2021 - 11:18 PM, said:

It depends on the situation. If those last few enemies are slow tanks, are spotted, or you know their location you should usually hunt them down, but if those last few enemies are in fast tanks your team won't be able to track down and corral or are threatening to cap your own base you should often cap the base if you're already nearby.

In general though it's worth hunting down the last enemies much often than it's worth capping out.

Thank you for the poll! I would agree with what FusionStar287 has said here though, it is very situational. However, I will keep an eye on this thread when I'm back from my personal time off tomorrow.

Liam Hart

Community Liaison

Wargaming Chicago - Baltimore

BrogueOne #23 Posted 13 October 2021 - 03:54 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 29406 battles
  • [AP-EX]

View PostMintoVimto, on 13 October 2021 - 02:25 PM, said:

Thank you for the poll! I would agree with what FusionStar287 has said here though, it is very situational. However, I will keep an eye on this thread when I'm back from my personal time off tomorrow.

I’m curious what feedback or changes you expect to recommend as a result of this poll.  The original post does a very poor job of opening a constructive premise and forces a binary choice with the poorly spelled poll.  You’ve already said yourself “it’s very situational” which means you yourself do not actually agree with the premise of the binary choice.  More educational materials about how XP and silver is earned (and how victory conditions affect those earnings) would be something appropriate you could provide in reference to this discussion though! ;)

PhonicKitty8825 #24 Posted 13 October 2021 - 04:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28576 battles
  • [USCAN]
Make the cap timer 6 minutes at the start of the game (first 2 minutes), 4 miuntes after that and when there's 5 minutes of the game left make it 2 minutes. The first two numbers get 1 extra minute in encounter. Or just remove caps

4th MoE/Gold Moe  3rd MoE: IS-7, IS-3, M.O.B.A.T., M24 Chaffee '53, T-44A, T-72AV, M113, M551 Sheridan, M46A1 Patton, T32, Leo, Object 934

RaggaMuffinReap #25 Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41173 battles
  • [DOOMU]

33%? 

Wow we got some proper spud cappers here, that supprised me. 

Even if im in a slow tank, if that 1 red is located and being hunted,

i will ring bell, but will pull off cap. 

Its a judgment call at the time. 

Capping is the lesson you teach to lemmings

Now Streaming, as supastalka (twitch)

Thats the old review, new 1 incoming

http://forum-console...of-60-sensible/

Ben The Orange #26 Posted 13 October 2021 - 07:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18557 battles

View PostRaggaMuffinReap, on 13 October 2021 - 05:05 PM, said:

33%? 

Wow we got some proper spud cappers here, that supprised me. 

Even if im in a slow tank, if that 1 red is located and being hunted,

i will ring bell, but will pull off cap. 

Its a judgment call at the time. 

Capping is the lesson you teach to lemmings

Don't be too harsh, the poll is flawed. No kill cap all is wrong. No cap kill all is wrong. The truth is somewhere in the middle. I personally haven't voted because of it.

PrezBillClinton #27 Posted 13 October 2021 - 09:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 65967 battles
  • [JOCO]
No vote on this skewed poll.  Re-do is in order.

If you don't know, ask someone who does.

Pit Friend #28 Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39740 battles
  • [PTATO]

If it’s a choice between winning and losing a game, cap.

if the last red tanks are fast and/or hiding somewhere and you’re playing a slow tank then if you get to the cap at least start it.  If the reds are found then you can move off it instead of finishing it.

In any other situation there is no reason to cap.

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

KING FROG #29 Posted 14 October 2021 - 12:01 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 21117 battles
If it seems like they can be destroyed and you won't lose...then kill them.

If it seems risky to try and kill all, then stay on cap.

Most of the time, killing all is best. But not always.

Really is that simple.

RaggaMuffinReap #30 Posted 14 October 2021 - 12:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 41173 battles
  • [DOOMU]

View PostBen The Orange, on 13 October 2021 - 07:37 PM, said:

Don't be too harsh, the poll is flawed. No kill cap all is wrong. No cap kill all is wrong. The truth is somewhere in the middle. I personally haven't voted because of it.

If i was 3 marking something id say Oi dumb heavy get off cap or cut off there thumbs and flush down loo

Spud capping is spuddy.

Its selffish and until this update just done id advise a newer player to do it for cap xp / crew xp.

Id at least explain too them why. Now you dont need to, cause some muppet will. Go get your exta hit dude

The poll was clear enough and we have 33% of people here that would cap out a lone medium, by all means ring that bell, that just calling the red to you, viable strat for a slower tank. 

Now Streaming, as supastalka (twitch)

Thats the old review, new 1 incoming

http://forum-console...of-60-sensible/

Spike1958 #31 Posted 14 October 2021 - 01:02 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 44357 battles

Another consideration is that time=XP. Is it really worth it from an XP standpoint to try and run down the last couple of reds when you could cap it out while waiting to see if those last ones can be killed. If they can't by the time the timer gets down, just cap it and get on to the next game. Time=XP.

And of course, those are the exceptions. Most games I see are decided by complete team kill, regardless of the actual game. How many players do we see actually defending in Assault? Everyone runs off to either kill or die. While we have several different game types, in reality they are all Team Des.

Edited by Spike1958, 14 October 2021 - 01:06 AM.

Devilman05 #32 Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:15 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39759 battles
  • [COINA]
If your playing in a low server population,  bots can be a force multipler to the loan player capping in the landslide victory

Tank Trooper007 #33 Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:29 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 44667 battles
  • [PLEB-]
Capping hurts when you are chasing marks. Nothing more aggravating when you are having a good game and some clown runs to the base and starts to cap. It usually occurs with only one tank left or early in the game. I believe the cap should not be an option until you are at least five tanks down and that's your only hope to win.  Also if there are more than three on a cap the others are just sniffing exhaust fumes because after three it has no benefit. It would be nice for a review of this because that and the idol clowns that sit in the corner are the two things that bother me most. It's a team game I understand but it's hard to accomplish your personal goals when others don't have the same mindset. Do the best you can with what you have and work as a team to have good results. Either way not everyone is going to be happy :unsure:.

LongMacciato #34 Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:48 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47894 battles

View PostTank Trooper007, on 14 October 2021 - 05:29 PM, said:

Capping hurts when you are chasing marks. Nothing more aggravating when you are having a good game and some clown runs to the base and starts to cap. It usually occurs with only one tank left or early in the game. I believe the cap should not be an option until you are at least five tanks down and that's your only hope to win.  Also if there are more than three on a cap the others are just sniffing exhaust fumes because after three it has no benefit. It would be nice for a review of this because that and the idol clowns that sit in the corner are the two things that bother me most. It's a team game I understand but it's hard to accomplish your personal goals when others don't have the same mindset. Do the best you can with what you have and work as a team to have good results. Either way not everyone is going to be happy :unsure:.

I am okay with capping when there may be a single light hiding, capping though in a dominant position (say 12 tanks to 5) with lots of enemy hit points remaining is frustrating. Especially when a couple of tanks sneak down one side, do nothing in the game, then cap out while the rest of the team that wins their flank then is deprived of marking XP / medals.  

To the flip side I remember reading someone argue early caps deprive the winning people of XP, to which the counter was an early cap means playing the next game quicker, meaning everyone is better off in XP terms. A fair point  .

Experience: Year 1-3 terrible (didn't know what wn8 was), Year 4 okay (simply experience), Year 5 (above average - joined forums, joined a clan), Year 6 (started to 3 mark tanks during Covid), Year 7-8  dangerous (but often stat shamed on my overall performance)

IcemanEspoo #35 Posted 14 October 2021 - 09:58 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9605 battles

View PostTank Trooper007, on 14 October 2021 - 09:29 AM, said:

Capping hurts when you are chasing marks. .

Depends how much HP that remaining red has. Could be 1%, 10% or 100% of that tanks HP that is remaining. Low enough and you will not make a meaningful difference assuming you are the one that lands that possible one shot to finish the last red.

HUNCortez08 #36 Posted 14 October 2021 - 11:17 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23365 battles
  • [1MPA]
I gonna to die 10 times than win 1 with capt base... I hate when I fighting and bamm victory because someone with 0 dmg sitting on the base..

amanwiththree #37 Posted 14 October 2021 - 12:31 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 39328 battles

I've always wondered why bases are still in the game since the TD matches were introduced. 

I know what my preference would be every match.

Undoubtedly some players like the base crap too which is probably why it is here. Forever.

World of Tanks. The never ending Beta test.

Devilman05 #38 Posted 14 October 2021 - 12:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39759 battles
  • [COINA]
I wouldnt agree to no base games. While i am not a fan of 12 to 1 caps, they certainly have a use in the game for baiting hidden tanks

SILVRCAT #39 Posted 14 October 2021 - 12:42 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39707 battles

Destroy All Tanks!!!

IF a situation really requires it, like losing the match if you don’t cap, then is capping granted. 

When you’re dominating a match or only aim to cap in first minute of the game to be a jerk, please get out of here.

I’d say 95% are the latter. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users