Can We Have Some Artillery On-Tracks Please?

Artillery On-Track

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

SPUK4U #41 Posted 15 October 2021 - 07:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17642 battles

View PostPhonicKitty8825, on 15 October 2021 - 07:09 PM, said:

WT has nukes???

It seems so. I have not played it recently, but Youtube has videos of it.

"Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?" - Six Sigma 

PhonicKitty8825 #42 Posted 15 October 2021 - 07:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28575 battles
  • [USCAN]

View PostSPUK4U, on 15 October 2021 - 07:35 PM, said:

It seems so. I have not played it recently, but Youtube has videos of it.

Every time I reinstall that game the controls get more messed up. Last time I played my gun wasn't locked to my camera, it was literally trying to avoid anything that I pointed at.

Edited by PhonicKitty8825, 15 October 2021 - 07:40 PM.

4th MoE/Gold Moe  3rd MoE: IS-7, IS-3, M.O.B.A.T., M24 Chaffee '53, T-44A, T-72AV, M113, M551 Sheridan, M46A1 Patton, T32, Leo, Object 934

SPUK4U #43 Posted 15 October 2021 - 07:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17642 battles

View PostPhonicKitty8825, on 15 October 2021 - 07:40 PM, said:

Every time I reinstall that game the controls get more messed up. Last time I played my gun wasn't locked to my camera, it was literally trying to avoid anything that I pointed at.

What comes to controls and  user interface WoTC is a lot easier game.  Also, battles are lot more easier, no need to be careful, you can just drive forward and shoot until you run out hit points. 

"Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?" - Six Sigma 

natedaishmaster #44 Posted 15 October 2021 - 08:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30677 battles
  • [DECOY]

View PostBen The Orange, on 15 October 2021 - 10:52 AM, said:

I do disagree. I accepted arty in it's current state at launch week. They can poop on me all they want, it doesn't bother me. But that's beside the point.

It's been almost a year since they announced they were looking at changing arty. But all we've heard is talk and no action. Last I heard it was still being "hotly debated" in the office. They're dithering. And from what I can tell, they've no clue how to go about it. Don't you think we should of heard something by now?

My hunch is arty will never be changed. The status quo is balanced just right. Most players aren't quitting because of it so why change it? And if arty is never changed, why not have an On-Track.

It's a difficult topic to solve. PC spent a lot of time trying and failed. They don't want to put effort into something that doesn't solve the issue so they're going slowly.

That being said, is the Sturmtiger line not action on arty? The vehicles were clearly designed as arty. The caliber is arty, the shell selection is arty, the poor gun depression is arty, the poor gun arc is arty. Why were they introduced as TDs when the model screams arty? It definitely feels like some sort of arty test

3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M60, Chisel, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B, Valour, IS7, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, FV215B, T110E4

MOE Calculation Explanation: http://forum-console...ark-difficulty/

Ben The Orange #45 Posted 15 October 2021 - 08:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18557 battles

View Postnatedaishmaster, on 15 October 2021 - 08:06 PM, said:

It's a difficult topic to solve. PC spent a lot of time trying and failed. They don't want to put effort into something that doesn't solve the issue so they're going slowly.

That being said, is the Sturmtiger line not action on arty? The vehicles were clearly designed as arty. The caliber is arty, the shell selection is arty, the poor gun depression is arty, the poor gun arc is arty. Why were they introduced as TDs when the model screams arty? It definitely feels like some sort of arty test

I agree with you Nate. But I do feel like leaving them as is would be the lesser of all possible evils so to speak.

I also feel the Sturmtiger line screams arty to. Perhaps it's a possible future look at what our current arty's will be turned in to. But then the Equalisers barrage mode was rumoured to be that to so who knows.

One thing I know. If arty's are changed to Sturmtiger like TD's, arty players will lose their heads if the tanks are as under baked as this new line. I'm all for the change if it were to happen, but only if the tanks are made a lot stronger and better.

Here's the best solution I can think of for fixing arty: World of Tanks 2.  A do over could fix all those original mistakes. But it would never happen.

Edited by Ben The Orange, 15 October 2021 - 08:45 PM.

Ditch Doc #46 Posted 15 October 2021 - 09:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 33048 battles

View PostBen The Orange, on 15 October 2021 - 06:52 PM, said:

I do disagree. I accepted arty in it's current state at launch week. They can poop on me all they want, it doesn't bother me. But that's beside the point.

It's been almost a year since they announced they were looking at changing arty. But all we've heard is talk and no action. Last I heard it was still being "hotly debated" in the office. They're dithering. And from what I can tell, they've no clue how to go about it. Don't you think we should of heard something by now?

My hunch is arty will never be changed. The status quo is balanced just right. Most players aren't quitting because of it so why change it? And if arty is never changed, why not have an On-Track.

I agree WG has dithered, stalled and failed to come up with a change to they’re willing to try. But the fact that they’ve repeatedly acknowledged there is a problem is the actual point. If they know it’s problematic, that’s a pretty big statement. I’m not sure they’ll ever do anything significant to the class, but that’s because it’s difficult to come up with a fix, not because artillery is balanced. And that is why I don’t support an event that might bring more of them into the game, even for a short while. I don’t really see this as unfair to arty players- nobody needs an on track event to grind tanks.

“They’re trying to kill me,” Yossarian told him calmly. ”No one’s trying to kill you,” Clevinger cried.

”Then why are they shooting at me?” Yossarian asked. ”They’re shooting at everyone,” Clevinger answered. “They’re trying to kill everyone.”

”And what difference does that make?” Joseph Heller, Catch-22

natedaishmaster #47 Posted 15 October 2021 - 09:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30677 battles
  • [DECOY]

View PostBen The Orange, on 15 October 2021 - 12:40 PM, said:

I agree with you Nate. But I do feel like leaving them as is would be the lesser of all possible evils so to speak.

I also feel the Sturmtiger line screams arty to. Perhaps it's a possible future look at what our current arty's will be turned in to. But then the Equalisers barrage mode was rumoured to be that to so who knows.

One thing I know. If arty's are changed to Sturmtiger like TD's, arty players will lose their heads if the tanks are as under baked as this new line. I'm all for the change if it were to happen, but only if the tanks are made a lot stronger and better.

Here's the best solution I can think of for fixing arty: World of Tanks 2.  A do over could fix all those original mistakes. But it would never happen.

Leaving them as is definitely a bad option since almost everyone agrees that they're a problem (including WG). If it is their intention to test arty as direct fire, I'm confused as to why they don't outright say it. Same thing with the Equalizer. Even if they're not gonna end up using it (for example, barrage mode kinda sucked and didn't make arty less broken, it was similar to PC's stun but with module damage), we'd like to know that they're poking around with options.

3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M60, Chisel, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, AMX 50B, Valour, IS7, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, FV215B, T110E4

MOE Calculation Explanation: http://forum-console...ark-difficulty/

Pit Friend #48 Posted 15 October 2021 - 10:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 39740 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostPhonicKitty8825, on 15 October 2021 - 01:46 PM, said:

I did not know that. So WG can balance the Equalizer with nukes :trollface:?

View PostPhonicKitty8825, on 15 October 2021 - 01:46 PM, said:

I did not know that. So WG can balance the Equalizer with nukes :trollface:?

https://en.wikipedia...nuclear_warhead

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W48

I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!

Also tagged with Artillery, On-Track

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users