Jump to content


[INVESTIGATING] Latest XBOX SERIES X 'UPGRADE' now suffering FRAMERATE loss

FRAME RATE DROP when SMOKE p

  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

dirk bullet #1 Posted 09 November 2021 - 07:55 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41265 battles
  • 111
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

Since the XBOX SERIES X UPGRADE of 9th November 2021 I now experience FRAMERATE SLOWDOWN on maps with  smoke effects. EG HEILBRON. 

Also My xbox seems to be giving out MORE HEAT. 

No other changes to the graphics have been noticed by me, 

 



BrogueOne #2 Posted 09 November 2021 - 08:27 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 29446 battles
  • 13,293
  • [AP-EX]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016
Have you gone through and re-calibrated all of your settings? When I switched from the PS4 version to the native PS5 version I had to go through a re-calibrate all my display settings for the TV, the Console, AND the game. The game is reset to defaults in the new version… and the graphics settings are literally different so naturally you’ll have to readjust console and input settings.

dirk bullet #3 Posted 10 November 2021 - 02:40 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41265 battles
  • 111
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 09 November 2021 - 08:27 PM, said:

Have you gone through and re-calibrated all of your settings? When I switched from the PS4 version to the native PS5 version I had to go through a re-calibrate all my display settings for the TV, the Console, AND the game. The game is reset to defaults in the new version… and the graphics settings are literally different so naturally you’ll have to readjust console and input settings.

 

Thanks. the only calibration options in game are HDR and Safe zone. both were set as they were before the update. as were all my control and volume settings.

the other difference is the controller vibration is not as good as prior to the 'upgrade'

Thanks for the advice though Brogue



ItsRobbyRhino #4 Posted 10 November 2021 - 08:13 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34381 battles
  • 109
  • [-PLEB]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2014
I've been having the exact same issue but only on Heilbronn so far.

Alone 4 Ever771 #5 Posted 11 November 2021 - 02:11 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 1109 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    08-16-2021

Same, since the client's update for Serie X the vibrations of the controller do not work and on the Helbroon card the framerate is not good, it is bad

Go WG , at work , too many bugs in this version

 



MaxMiner11 #6 Posted 11 November 2021 - 04:42 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27329 battles
  • 5,654
  • Member since:
    05-16-2015
I don't think I have had any issues on Series S.  I do make sure no other 'aps' are running in the background.  If I change settings or look at the store, I make sure I "quit" not just go to something else.  I also have auto capture turned off for in-game clips.
[X] I am not a BOT

dirk bullet #7 Posted 16 November 2021 - 06:21 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41265 battles
  • 111
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostMaxMiner11, on 11 November 2021 - 04:42 PM, said:

I don't think I have had any issues on Series S.  I do make sure no other 'aps' are running in the background.  If I change settings or look at the store, I make sure I "quit" not just go to something else.  I also have auto capture turned off for in-game clips.

 

Are you running in 4k max. ?

I had the Series S back in April and the game just looked dreadful.I sent the S back to amazon for a refund and went back to my Xbox one X  which runs great in 4k ,until I got the Series X , which has been flawless up until this last update 9/11/2021



MaxChaos24 #8 Posted 17 November 2021 - 12:05 PM

    Senior Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 14919 battles
  • 23,811
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View Postdirk bullet, on 09 November 2021 - 02:55 PM, said:

Since the XBOX SERIES X UPGRADE of 9th November 2021 I now experience FRAMERATE SLOWDOWN on maps with  smoke effects. EG HEILBRON. 

Also My xbox seems to be giving out MORE HEAT. 

No other changes to the graphics have been noticed by me, 

 

 

View PostItsRobbyRhino, on 10 November 2021 - 03:13 PM, said:

I've been having the exact same issue but only on Heilbronn so far.

 

View PostAlone 4 Ever771, on 11 November 2021 - 09:11 AM, said:

Same, since the client's update for Serie X the vibrations of the controller do not work and on the Helbroon card the framerate is not good, it is bad

Go WG , at work , too many bugs in this version

 

 

Hello, we haven't been able to see any frame rate issues (focused testing on Heilbronn since that maps seems to be mentioned by most of you). Could we get more information about your setup? 

Also, if you are able to grab some video of it, that may be helpful also. 


Click to send in a Support Ticket!

 

 


TiduxxKidux #9 Posted 17 November 2021 - 11:55 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13570 battles
  • 1,792
  • [XRAUT]
  • Member since:
    07-23-2015

I also have frame rate problems, but only on Heilbronn too.

I play on Series X and this problem came with the native Series X update, before that, everything was fine.

 

Max, try to pick up a fast tank (I had this problem with my SU-130 and AMX ELC bis) and drive in the middle of the map and just look at the buildings while driving, I always had massive frame drops doing that.



PrimalSeal1965 #10 Posted 18 November 2021 - 02:44 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13209 battles
  • 1,011
  • [RETR0]
  • Member since:
    05-04-2016

If you check into it, the X has heating issues so might want to consider that.  I do not have heating issues with the S but also my S in a well ventilated area. My son has the X model and his runs hotter during game play. It runs hotter but it is also well ventilated. 

I agree you need to check all your setup and settings, That said you also need to make sure your Console regardless of type or models are well ventilated. It's

strange you only see issues on one map, that seems odd. Have you had troubles with other games or some parts of other games, like you see on Hellbronn.



dirk bullet #11 Posted 18 November 2021 - 04:59 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41265 battles
  • 111
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 17 November 2021 - 12:05 PM, said:

 

 

 

Hello, we haven't been able to see any frame rate issues (focused testing on Heilbronn since that maps seems to be mentioned by most of you). Could we get more information about your setup? 

Also, if you are able to grab some video of it, that may be helpful also. 

Your , or WG ticket process will not allow me to upload video. it says the  files are too large.

 

 ON HEILBRON MAP Only further info I can give you is that the frame rate drops are more apparent from outside the TOWN PART OF THE MAP , so if you are in High position  looking towards the town and seeing the skybox or whatever is seeming to generate the effects of smoke or burning buildings, when you pan from left to right, ( but not in sniper mode ) its is clear that the frame rate drops. 

 

There is also a burning tank hulk that is part of the scenery, the smoke from that also causes the frames to drop. Its very apparant on the XBOX SERIES X as it is rock steady and butter smooth, graphicaly at least.

Sorry cant be of further help, with map refrence or video.

 

Its very like what I used to get on the WW2 map that's all town , whose name escapes me, but has a large gothic castle at top at one side and a rail track at the other and its always used for the halloween event. 

Anyway THAT map had tons of SMOKE EFFECTS and it used to send my older xbox one x  into graphics spasams, dropping lots of frames anytime smoke effects were visible. I don't play WW 2 mode so have no idea what my SERIES X is like on that.

My setup is just standard . everything set at 4k . there are no other in game variables other than friend/foe colour which I have set to RED and GREEN.

It all runs through my SAMSUNG 43" SMART TV ( from 2020 ) and I use the HDMI CABLE that came with my XBOX SERIES X

As I said. I do not play WW2 mode at all now, so its during cold war battles ( I see others have same in ww2 though )


Edited by dirk bullet, 18 November 2021 - 05:06 PM.


MaxChaos24 #12 Posted 18 November 2021 - 09:23 PM

    Senior Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 14919 battles
  • 23,811
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013
Thanks for the extra info. :honoring:

Click to send in a Support Ticket!

 

 


DwarfOnDrugs #13 Posted 19 November 2021 - 11:26 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 38991 battles
  • 3,828
  • [CRPT]
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 18 November 2021 - 09:23 PM, said:

Thanks for the extra info. :honoring:

 

Can you look at himmelsdorf banana and hill. They cause issues on original xbox one

 


BrogueOne #14 Posted 19 November 2021 - 12:18 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 29446 battles
  • 13,293
  • [AP-EX]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 19 November 2021 - 11:26 AM, said:

 

Can you look at himmelsdorf banana and hill. They cause issues on original xbox one

Not one person in this thread complaining of a problem has bothered to upload or post any hard video evidence.  It is genuinely more helpful and responsible when bug reports have evidence.  If you think there’s a real problem: clip it and make a proper bug report.  



DwarfOnDrugs #15 Posted 19 November 2021 - 05:24 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 38991 battles
  • 3,828
  • [CRPT]
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 19 November 2021 - 12:18 PM, said:

Not one person in this thread complaining of a problem has bothered to upload or post any hard video evidence.  It is genuinely more helpful and responsible when bug reports have evidence.  If you think there’s a real problem: clip it and make a proper bug report.  

 

You can’t clip FPS drops. It doesn’t appear in the clips, i have tried in the past.

 

Just try ADS down banana or hill through the smoke and you’ll see the game drop FPS. 


 


choppermeir #16 Posted 19 November 2021 - 06:22 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 15906 battles
  • 2,129
  • [-PLEB]
  • Member since:
    01-30-2016

From post #11 The reason OP hasn't posted a video.

 

"Your , or WG ticket process will not allow me to upload video. it says the  files are too large."



dirk bullet #17 Posted 19 November 2021 - 06:34 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41265 battles
  • 111
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 19 November 2021 - 12:18 PM, said:

Not one person in this thread complaining of a problem has bothered to upload or post any hard video evidence.  It is genuinely more helpful and responsible when bug reports have evidence.  If you think there’s a real problem: clip it and make a proper bug report.  

 

Can't upload videos. already said that.

the ticket submission filter will not allow files that are large enough to contain video.

Done best to provide information. I don't think there is a problem, I know there is a problem.

 



TiduxxKidux #18 Posted 19 November 2021 - 11:31 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13570 battles
  • 1,792
  • [XRAUT]
  • Member since:
    07-23-2015

Like ppl already said, video evidence with frame drops is really hard to capture, but for real, this isn't a coincidence, framerate was good so far, then we got a "native Series X/S" patch and all of sudden framerate drops appear? I mean, really, it is obvious.



dirk bullet #19 Posted 23 November 2021 - 04:48 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41265 battles
  • 111
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostPrimalSeal1965, on 18 November 2021 - 02:44 AM, said:

If you check into it, the X has heating issues so might want to consider that.  I do not have heating issues with the S but also my S in a well ventilated area. My son has the X model and his runs hotter during game play. It runs hotter but it is also well ventilated. 

I agree you need to check all your setup and settings, That said you also need to make sure your Console regardless of type or models are well ventilated. It's

strange you only see issues on one map, that seems odd. Have you had troubles with other games or some parts of other games, like you see on Hellbronn.

 

first I heard of that. I never get overheating, and I had it all through summer and I have 240GB SSD plugged in for captures . Only overheating reports are from people who have the console in a cabinet or in sunlight or the console is defective.

BrogueOne #20 Posted 23 November 2021 - 08:10 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 29446 battles
  • 13,293
  • [AP-EX]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View Postdirk bullet, on 19 November 2021 - 06:34 PM, said:

 

Can't upload videos. already said that.

the ticket submission filter will not allow files that are large enough to contain video.

Done best to provide information. I don't think there is a problem, I know there is a problem.

 

You should look into uploading your videos to a hosting site.  That way you can share links to them.  I upload them to my YouTube account as “unlisted” and share the video links here or in a ticket to Support.  There’s other sites where you can upload and host files and media for sharing.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users