It’s been a while. So let’s bring it back up. TVP 50/51.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

DwarfOnDrugs #1 Posted 25 November 2021 - 08:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38988 battles
  • [CRPT]

WG you nerfed this thing because it was overperforming.

You then slapped the unnerfed gun on a 50B with turret armour and said that’s fine.

Whens the TVP nerfs going to be reverted so that the vehicle is actually playable in todays meta?

At the moment it is literally a Machine with worse mobilty, armour and gun.

Don’t just hit us with the 50% W/R and 2# in Average damage spreadsheet rubbish.

Tempest fox3 #2 Posted 25 November 2021 - 09:10 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 27505 battles
  • [JOCO]
It had the Intra-clip nerf reversed already no?

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil, Obj.416, Cromwell Knight, M551 Sheridan (Cold war) - In order obtained

Spoiler

USSWISCONSIN94 #3 Posted 25 November 2021 - 09:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13738 battles
  • [47R]

View PostTempest fox3, on 25 November 2021 - 03:10 PM, said:

1st nerf was that and a reload nerf. 2nd was another reload nerf. i think

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

Devilman05 #4 Posted 25 November 2021 - 10:53 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39759 battles
  • [COINA]

Nah interclip is still untouched since nerf 

I still believe the original nerfs were based on the diehard experienced players grinding it out early before the rest of the player base caught up which of course bias the stats

Edited by Devilman05, 25 November 2021 - 10:56 PM.

KeIIenn #5 Posted 25 November 2021 - 11:09 PM

Major

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 44499 battles
  • [CHAI-]

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 25 November 2021 - 04:12 PM, said:

But it has a higher camo rating :hiding:

Seriously though, it definitely needs its nerfs reverted along with many other tanks, particularly its direct competition the BatChat.  

[TRND0] Tornado 

Coldstone10 #6 Posted 25 November 2021 - 11:10 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10986 battles
  • [U-K-C]

View PostKeIIenn, on 25 November 2021 - 11:09 PM, said:

But it has a higher camo rating :hiding:

Seriously though, it definitely needs its nerfs reverted along with many other tanks, particularly its direct competition the BatChat.  

Cough... E50???

We cherish, too, the poppy red

that grows on fields where valor led;

It seem to signal to the skies

that blood of heroes never dies.

they_hate_Truth #7 Posted 26 November 2021 - 01:16 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6085 battles

View PostColdstone10, on 25 November 2021 - 11:10 PM, said:

Cough... E50???

This.

Unless the "Great German Nerf" gets reversed in it's entirety, then nothing else deserves to be revisited for any other tanks anywhere, at anytime, for any reason.

FusionStar287 #8 Posted 26 November 2021 - 01:26 AM

Major

• 24615 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 25 November 2021 - 03:12 PM, said:

Except it's not. The TVP has vastly better mobility in every regard but top speed (which usually only applies when both tanks are going downhill), both tanks have virtually identical firepower (the TVP's intra-clip is only 0.2 seconds slower while its base reload is 0.5 seconds faster), and even the Machine's better armor isn't as clear-cut a win as it seems considering the Machine's side can be overmatched by basically everything while the TVP can at least auto-ricochet shells from 120mm and smaller guns off its side (although the Machine obviously has better frontal armor). Those also don't include some of the other advantages the TVP has, like its better camo rating, 20m better view range, and smaller profile.

That's not to say I would be against the TVP having its intra-clip reload changed back to 1.5 seconds, but at the same time the TVP is far from a bad tank and is even arguably a better tank than the Machine (especially considering that it benefited significantly more from the addition of speed equipment). Saying that it needs a 0.6 second faster unload time and a 3 second faster reload just to be playable is frankly absurd.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

Devilman05 #9 Posted 26 November 2021 - 05:34 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39759 battles
  • [COINA]

I thought the machine had a smaller silhouette, the tvp is a very tall tank. 

When you bounce a round in the tvp you feel like you should be buying a lottery ticket not the same with a machine.. even frontally its hull will provide enough of a challenge that people will have to aim to pen..

Not saying tvp is bad by any stretch, but always felt when the machine was released it was a big middle finger in the face of the tvp

FusionStar287 #10 Posted 26 November 2021 - 05:55 AM

Major

• 24615 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostDevilman05, on 26 November 2021 - 12:34 AM, said:

I thought the machine had a smaller silhouette, the tvp is a very tall tank. 

When you bounce a round in the tvp you feel like you should be buying a lottery ticket not the same with a machine.. even frontally its hull will provide enough of a challenge that people will have to aim to pen..

Not saying tvp is bad by any stretch, but always felt when the machine was released it was a big middle finger in the face of the tvp

The TVP is far from a tiny tank and isn't that much smaller than the Machine, but it is still a bit smaller as a whole (specifically when it comes to its length and width). Its armor also isn't something to rely on and the Machine undoubtably has better armor as a whole, but being able to bait shots/sidescrape at times in the TVP can be very valuable as well.

And to be fair when the Machine was first released it was much more of an insult to the TVP than it is now days. That was before the T50/51 had its second reload nerf reversed (and before speed equipment was added, which has also benefited the TVP considerably), and since the Machine was new at the time it had the advantage of notably more players not knowing where to shoot it, underestimating its speed, etc. Even now I think saying the Machine is a better tank is fair since both have their own advantages over the other; I just disagree with the idea that the Machine makes the TVP irrelevant as many people still seem to think. 

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

XT356 #11 Posted 26 November 2021 - 05:57 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16979 battles
  • [JAVO]

View PostColdstone10, on 25 November 2021 - 05:10 PM, said:

Cough... E50???

My poor E50. Rammed a machine to death in one. I miss the old days :(

Why bother anymore

Ariesinho #12 Posted 26 November 2021 - 06:32 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10512 battles

View Postthey_hate_Truth, on 26 November 2021 - 01:16 AM, said:

This.

Unless the "Great German Nerf" gets reversed in it's entirety, then nothing else deserves to be revisited for any other tanks anywhere, at anytime, for any reason.

I agree with you in the principle but what about the Italians? The Germans at least had their year(s) of glory. What about the entire Italian top-tier tech tree tanks? They are making them obsolete so everyon use heavy armored fast firing tanks. Such a tanks shouldn't exist but the battles needs to be over in 3-4 mins so every strategic element has to go. Including ammo handling, positioning, map awereness and so on. Great new world...

EIIoco ger #13 Posted 26 November 2021 - 07:02 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21483 battles
  • [NFFY]
I don´t know why, but i perform in it way better than in the machine.
Spoiler
“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” – Stephen Hawking

DwarfOnDrugs #14 Posted 26 November 2021 - 09:29 AM

Major

• Players
  • 38988 battles
  • [CRPT]

View PostTempest fox3, on 25 November 2021 - 09:10 PM, said:

No.

It’s intra-clip should be 1.5s it’s 1.7s.

It’s base reload was also nerfed

DwarfOnDrugs #15 Posted 26 November 2021 - 11:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 38988 battles
  • [CRPT]

View PostFusionStar287, on 26 November 2021 - 05:55 AM, said:

The TVP is far from a tiny tank and isn't that much smaller than the Machine, but it is still a bit smaller as a whole (specifically when it comes to its length and width). Its armor also isn't something to rely on and the Machine undoubtably has better armor as a whole, but being able to bait shots/sidescrape at times in the TVP can be very valuable as well.

And to be fair when the Machine was first released it was much more of an insult to the TVP than it is now days. That was before the T50/51 had its second reload nerf reversed (and before speed equipment was added, which has also benefited the TVP considerably), and since the Machine was new at the time it had the advantage of notably more players not knowing where to shoot it, underestimating its speed, etc. Even now I think saying the Machine is a better tank is fair since both have their own advantages over the other; I just disagree with the idea that the Machine makes the TVP irrelevant as many people still seem to think. 

There is literally no reason to play the tvp.

The thing that made the cz tanks good was their clip dump time. Because they nerfed it it is effectively now a bt with worse clip potential ,camo rating and mobility.

You also are forgetting the Machine has crazy amounts of depression. So you can use it’s armour profile really effectively and even anchor like a british heavy.

The TVP is completely irrelevant. 20m view range does not give it a role.

Haukkis #16 Posted 26 November 2021 - 03:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41542 battles

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 25 November 2021 - 09:12 PM, said:

WG you nerfed this thing because it was overperforming.

You then slapped the unnerfed gun on a 50B with turret armour and said that’s fine.

Whens the TVP nerfs going to be reverted so that the vehicle is actually playable in todays meta?

Don’t just hit us with the 50% W/R and 2# in Average damage spreadsheet rubbish.

That's not quite true... The Machine uses nerfed version of TVP's gun. Originally, TVP had 25 sec magazine reload. TVP now has 28 sec reload while The Machine has 28.5 sec reload. 

Tempest fox3 #17 Posted 26 November 2021 - 05:01 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 27505 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 26 November 2021 - 09:29 AM, said:

No.

It’s intra-clip should be 1.5s it’s 1.7s.

It’s base reload was also nerfed

Ah mybad, thought the last buff gave it its old intraclip back. In that case it should definately get its intraclip buffed back to 1.5s at the very least. That's what made the tank work. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental, M41B Brazil, Obj.416, Cromwell Knight, M551 Sheridan (Cold war) - In order obtained

Spoiler

FusionStar287 #18 Posted 26 November 2021 - 07:05 PM

Major

• 24615 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostDwarfOnDrugs, on 26 November 2021 - 06:08 AM, said:

There is literally no reason to play the tvp.

The thing that made the cz tanks good was their clip dump time. Because they nerfed it it is effectively now a bt with worse clip potential ,camo rating and mobility.

You also are forgetting the Machine has crazy amounts of depression. So you can use it’s armour profile really effectively and even anchor like a british heavy.

The TVP is completely irrelevant. 20m view range does not give it a role.

The TVP's intra-clip reload is still one of the best in the game at 1.7s, and while I'm certainly not against returning that to 1.5s the difference between a 4.5s unload time and a 5.1s unload time is very small and usually irrelevant. I also know that the Machine has other advantages than what I mentioned, like its extra 300 health, much better ramming potential, and extra 2 degrees of gun depression; I just didn't mention them since I was pointing out that the TVP has advantages of its own.

Speaking of which, I don't think the T50/51's 20m better view range gives it a role, rather its vastly better mobility does. The TVP's significantly better acceleration let's it easily reach its top speed of 60kph along the flat or even up some slight inclines and with speed equipment/fuel that can be raised to 69-72kph, while the Machine struggles to go faster than about 50-55kph along the flat, loses much more speed when turning, is notably slower uphill, and is only ever faster when traveling downhill (or when conserving that speed along the flat afterwards until it has to turn sharply or slow down). In practice the TVP can shift around the battlefield notably faster than the Machine can, and when combined with its much faster traverse speeds and its other small advantages it does fill a role of its own. 

Ariesinho #19 Posted 30 November 2021 - 09:46 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10512 battles

Yesterday, a was a few thousand XP from unlocking TVP 50/51. So, I go to play Škoda T50 to unlock TVP and to buy it on sale.

But, the usual happens. 9 defeats in a row, until I finally gathered enough XP. I guess I suddenly stumbled up on WGN's world famous "F-YOU before you unlock" algorithm. My WR for Škoda went down to 50%. LOL

At least, tenth battle was the first one in TVP 50/51, and it was a fine win. 

LeftTurnus #20 Posted 30 November 2021 - 11:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31577 battles

View PostAriesinho, on 30 November 2021 - 09:46 AM, said:

I guess I suddenly stumbled up on WGN's world famous "F-YOU before you unlock" algorithm.

I am quite familiar with that algorithm. When grinding can tell when it will and does kick in  :sceptic:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users