Jump to content


In Game Chat on XBox not working?

Chat Issue

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

IBDSnake #1 Posted 22 December 2021 - 09:29 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 9349 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    03-05-2016
Can someone confirm that in game chat (not party/platoon chat) is not working if you are using an X Box.  I really prefer to play with people who are active in chat during a game and now I find myself being one - its driving me nuts.  If it is an issue is there an ETA on a fix?

cooliocory90954 #2 Posted 22 December 2021 - 09:52 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 30141 battles
  • 490
  • [DNMC]
  • Member since:
    06-22-2017

I ues xbox party not really game chat it for me

 



Dirkbane #3 Posted 29 December 2021 - 06:54 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 35967 battles
  • 1
  • [BOZZ]
  • Member since:
    05-01-2014
I'm having the same issue with game chat not working but party chat seems fine.  I'm breaking in a new headset over the last few days that I was thinking was the cause, but I switched to my older headset and still can't get mic working in game chat (as of 12/29 am).  I'm doing some more troubleshooting soon, but wondering if it is related to a game change.

IBROX 04 #4 Posted 29 December 2021 - 07:10 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23953 battles
  • 15,491
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-10-2014
Not hearing a thing in-game , in-game sounds are amazing. Either nobody is talking or the games comms are kaput  . Thought it was this new headset was kaput. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

 

 

 


Comrade Koshkin #5 Posted 09 January 2022 - 03:26 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 13761 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    01-20-2017

View PostDirkbane, on 29 December 2021 - 06:54 PM, said:

I'm having the same issue with game chat not working but party chat seems fine.  I'm breaking in a new headset over the last few days that I was thinking was the cause, but I switched to my older headset and still can't get mic working in game chat (as of 12/29 am).  I'm doing some more troubleshooting soon, but wondering if it is related to a game change.

 

my mic works everywhere BUT wot.  Not chat banned, but no answer from MS or WG on an in game issue.  Any clues?  NAT tests fine, btw.
 Soooo average it ain't even funny...

TennisMan56 #6 Posted 09 January 2022 - 07:34 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 54485 battles
  • 1,171
  • [THNTR]
  • Member since:
    02-02-2017

I have noticed if I us Xbox chat with platoon mate, then go into game chat after platoon mate leaves,game chat does not work. If I reload/restart the game game chat works.

 



MaxChaos24 #7 Posted 10 January 2022 - 01:13 PM

    Senior Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 14995 battles
  • 23,838
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostComrade Koshkin, on 08 January 2022 - 10:26 PM, said:

 

my mic works everywhere BUT wot.  Not chat banned, but no answer from MS or WG on an in game issue.  Any clues?  NAT tests fine, btw.

Are you using Party Chat at all? Do you have your in-game voice settings set to "Enabled"?

View PostTennisMan56, on 09 January 2022 - 02:34 AM, said:

I have noticed if I us Xbox chat with platoon mate, then go into game chat after platoon mate leaves,game chat does not work. If I reload/restart the game game chat works.

 

Hello, this one is a known issue we are working on still. :honoring:


Click to send in a Support Ticket!

 

 


marinefish666 #8 Posted 11 January 2022 - 12:59 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 51211 battles
  • 1,832
  • Member since:
    11-17-2013

It's a broken setup now.

Set all the settings in game and Xbox properly.

Plug headset into controller.

Restart the console.

This should make it work.

 

If you unplug the headset you will need to replug and restart.


Senior Technical Engineer, all reg tanks unlocked! All reg X tanks in garage.

WESTW33ZY #9 Posted 12 January 2022 - 01:46 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 15500 battles
  • 2,378
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013
I remember having this issue and after months someone figured out it was a setting on certain modems, I needed to have SIP ALG turned off and  game chat worked again.

Twitter @WESTW33ZY





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users