• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

SirDerp-a-lot #21 Posted 13 January 2022 - 01:40 AM

Major

• Players
  • 71287 battles
  • [EPOS]

View PostT33kanneWG, on 12 January 2022 - 08:32 PM, said:

World of Tanks Console is a deep and challenging game. While many of you have been able to master the game through hard work and playing thousands of games, we’ve had issues with many new players who find the learning curve punishing. In order to help new players and retain them long enough to discover what makes this game so special to many of us, we have started working on improving our new player experience.

[...]

So instead of providing an opportunity to learn the game, and instead of removing noob-killing atrocities like the Pz. V/IV from the game, you mess up everyone's game, and lie to new player about what they should and shouldn't do.

That's about what I expected from Wargaming.

Comicsans3 #22 Posted 13 January 2022 - 02:00 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15519 battles

So in short, beta test this new idea.  6.0 in a nutshell.

fanboykillerr #23 Posted 13 January 2022 - 03:06 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6 battles

View PostPanzerkeks 123, on 12 January 2022 - 11:04 PM, said:

Seriously? If the word "Editstorm" can't be mentioned here, you need to put it in the rules.
My rules are based on Microsoft Xbox Germany. This is not prohibited in Germany. Maybe I should contact the support. If only you could be as quick on important issues :B

Well ... what can or cannot be said depends on the jsw that are the serial whistleblowers of the forum. There are 4 or 5 users already known, no more. it is simple. sie sind eine ...

Edited by WingedRacer, 13 January 2022 - 10:09 PM.

amanwiththree #24 Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:12 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 39638 battles
  • [FORUM]

Said it 6 years ago.

A 'hardcore' and 'standard' gameplay choice like most other multiplayer shooters.

Once you think your good enough to step up to HC you make a. decision yourself, if you get the piss kicked out of you you can drop back to easy mode rather than quit.

Standard mode would be casual pew-pew players with damage reduction and kinder vision mechanics, lower XP earn, RNG normalised, with it's own special ops and unique earnable tanks, all designed to ease players in.

Pros; Player retention, mentoring, fewer rollovers as the skill levels even out,less controversy and it is honest (to name but a few).

Cons; Further division of an already decimated playerbase, seal clubbing.

Constant fiddling with RNG and sneaky tricks will neither attract or retain players. The reputation of this game is in tatters.

Do something less opaque, with the 'rules' made clear and you might see an increase in players.

While you're at it review the suicidal idea of wheeled vehicles

World of Tanks. The never ending Beta test.

T33kanneWG #25 Posted 13 January 2022 - 11:17 AM

Senior Community Manager

• Administrator
  • 131 battles

View PostIBROX 04, on 12 January 2022 - 07:53 PM, said:

I’m okay with new players. But why don’t you add CooP mode to WWII and make new players stay in CooP mode for a set amount of time. Add new player challenges in the mode and they can’t opt out until the complete time and challenges . As for CW CooP that’s a different issue in itself. Even after CooP mode and they opt out. Still going to have issues. Add the usual days of premium, consumables, equipment, garage slots , + silver is a killer for new players and commanders, 

Co-op / PVE Mode for WWII is actually in the works. But as i stated in the announcement, it requires more time for the necessary development. And yes, i agree, Silver is a very limiting factor for new players that we are looking into as well. 

View PostSir Lancelot62, on 12 January 2022 - 09:18 PM, said:

Times change….I remember playing my Tier 3 against Tier 10’s, It  wasn’t fun (all I had was a tutorial and away I went) but there was something in this game that got me hooked and I have played it ever since ,through  good updates and the really bad ones……New players need to get hooked, just like I did,I don’t think by tinkering with what damage they receive or what damage they dish out will help, its not all about bang bang bang ,this is a strategy game and needs to be taught and learnt…. it’s a cruel battlefield  out there and they take no prisoners . I think a really good tutorial and a gentle push into the real game should be adopted………ALSO …. Restrict what type/tier tank newbies can control within the game and don’t let them buy/carry out Ops which award a high tier tank….and don’t forget WG, playing WWII and Cold War battles need different strategies ,so I would not allow New Players to play both modes at the same time, start with WWII first and progress to Cold War (and onto True Vision)……

Happy Tanking everyone….

I totally agree, thats how i started out with Warships back in the days (yes i know, different game but same progression system) I know exactly what you are talking about. 

Regarding the restriction for newbies, i personally don't completely agree with this, there are some people out there who don't want to bother with low tier and they want to jump into action in a big tank. This doesn't happen very often but still we should not restrict this. 

The mode choice is a different topic, i think players should be able to choose what they want to play. In a perfect world, we would have a message where they can choose with a short explanation of what differences the modes have. But thank you for your suggestions, I'll make notes on that. 

View PostRogueTrooper180, on 12 January 2022 - 09:31 PM, said:

Some solid suggestions and arguments above there @T33kannewg. Are the players really being listened to, or is this just another one of those it is what it is, deal with it announcements?

We really do value this game dude, a lot of us have some serious time and cash invested in this game, and ya all haven’t really been showing the love back for that over the years, what with the issues that have been repeatedly raised, and in particular since 6.0

This is a real opportunity for the game, and indeed for WG to show that you listen to us, and value our opinions and input.

Peace dude, hope it works out. :honoring:

Those are indeed some solid suggestions, i am here listening and talking to the people behind the scenes. I totally understand that you are invested in this game and passionate, you just want the best for it. I know that feeling. Thank you for your words!

View PostFleshy Nun, on 12 January 2022 - 11:59 PM, said:

Hey WGCB, doing so you just master the stupidly of developing on epic scale. 

If you REALLY wanna help new players get your game cleaned from all existing mess. 

You welcome! 

What a great and wonderful suggestion. Thanks!

View PostDaffierPear6, on 13 January 2022 - 01:32 AM, said:

Nice to see you approaching the Forum Community on this subject!  Thank you TeeKanne.

Here are a few suggestions:

1.  Agree with locking new players in Co-Op for first 100 games, but you need to expand The Tutorial to introduce more skills and introduce people to the mechanics of equipment, ammunition types, Commander Skills, Spotting/Camouflage, True Vision, Side Scraping, Boosters and Multipliers, etc.  This should culminate with Platoon Creation and Disbanding and adding "in-game" friends as well as Cross Platform Friends and communication as well as an introduction to the Tank Recruiter Program.

2.  Have specific Ops in Co-Op for new players to complete which assist them to learn basic skills such as Bounce 500 incoming rounds, Track 100 Tanks, Repair Module 250 times, Set 100 Tanks on fire, Spot 500 Tanks whilst being undetected, etc.  You could break it up in groups of 100 for each with increasing rewards for each Stage including Garage Slots, Camo Vouchers, 3D Crews, and once all Ops completed a WW2 Tier 5 or higher Crew Trainer Tank AND an Era 1 Premium.

3.  Once a new player enters Multiplayer games they are automatically entered into the Recruit Program.  Implement changes in game to identify Veteran players who are registered as Recruiters/Trainers so new players can identify such Veterans and can message them.   Once a new player and a Veteran become in-game friends they are linked as Recruit-Recruiter and earn rewards in Platoons as detailed in the Program.

This is likely to increase the interest of new players and enable them to learn the game and also become a part of the community!

1. Yeah tutorials is something that is currently under development. 

2. Those are very solid suggestions. I like this idea of those mission requirements.

3. Yeah i've seen this recruiter program suggestion now a couple of times. From what i know, development time is a very scarce resource but i'll make sure this gets forwarded.

dirk bullet #26 Posted 13 January 2022 - 12:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41618 battles

well, at least WG have told us. it just made the game look BROKEN again.

WG should remember certain things before they go changing stuff ( which they do constantly )

There are MANY players like me who have had PREMIUM time since FEB 2014 on the 360,  my premium time currently goes to 1st quarter 2024 ( took advantage of 50% off x2 )

I ALSO OWN  200 or so PREMIUM TANKS.

While I realise that my personal investment in the game DOES NOT entitle me to have any say in the direction or production of this game.

WG should ALSO realise that they have PAYING CUSTOMERS and when you do things like this, YOU CHANGED THE WAY THE GAME WORKED AND DEVALUED MY PREMIUM TIME, and YOU OFFER NO COMPENSATION other than YOU ADMIT YOU CHEATED LOYAL PAYING CUSTOMERS .

it just shows that you do NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS, ( I dont buy that people cudda taken advantage of it , how ? if they are new to the game they would be overwhelmed by it, ( when us 'old' players all started we sort of got the steep learning curve at the same time, it must be like a sheer cliff for new players now , so many tanks, so many tank types, premium this, premium that, commanders, Modules, attatchements, and a VERY EXPERINCED CORE PLAYER BASE that are capable of destroying the unwary VERY QUICKLY. Boosts ( NOT BOOSTERS, those are fitted to rockets ) also sit there quietly overwhelming and confusing the new players.

All that to say. If you keep pulling stuff like this, players who have up to now payed a lot of money to WG ( by choice of course )will LEAVE PERMANENTLY , and I DON'T CARE THAT I HAVE 200 PREMIUM TANKS AND 2 YEARS PT REMAINING. I WILL SIMPLY UNINSTALL THE GAME AND NEVER RETURN.

I say this in the VAIN hope that an actual playable and well made game EVER  gets released on this 'next gen' of game consoles, because at the moment ALL the games released are so AWFUL  I dont even want to play them for FREE when they get given or game passed ( BF4 , what a joke ) . last bits a general rant.

Its all my opinion of course. live with it.

Thanks for eventualy telling us though.

Edited by dirk bullet, 13 January 2022 - 01:26 PM.

PhonicKitty8825 #27 Posted 13 January 2022 - 01:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29824 battles
  • [USCAN]
You know that CW has different RNG from WW2 right?

4th MoE/Gold Moe  3rd MoE: IS-7, IS-3, M.O.B.A.T., M24 Chaffee '53, T-44A, T-72AV, M113, M551 Sheridan, M46A1 Patton, T32, Leo, Object 934, NM-116, Object 268 '56, A41A Centurion Mk. ll, M50 Ontos, Object 165

R.I.P WoT Forum

Memento Mori

tuerquica #28 Posted 13 January 2022 - 01:59 PM

Private

• Players
  • 81832 battles
  • [LCM]

Hi,

Imo WG should take this steps in this order to improve the New Player experience:

1) remove "enhanced rations" from the game: WG limited the perks to 9 to equal New and Old players but rations, used mainly by super-unicums to threemark their tanks, at half the price?? this is ridiculus)

2) Reduce the alpha damage of the higher penetrating rounds to prevent the abuse of this prammo.

3) Improve the matchmaking to make the teams as simmilar as possible.

X

fanboykillerr #29 Posted 13 January 2022 - 02:56 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6 battles

View PostT33kanneWG, on 12 January 2022 - 07:32 PM, said:

Tankers!

World of Tanks Console is a deep and challenging game. While many of you have been able to master the game through hard work and playing thousands of games, we’ve had issues with many new players who find the learning curve punishing. In order to help new players and retain them long enough to discover what makes this game so special to many of us, we have started working on improving our new player experience.

New Player Buff

As a part of improving new player experience, we have been testing to see whether making players feel more competent during their initial foray into the game will help them stay longer with the game. First of these tests was "New Player Buff." In the past few weeks, we introduced some changes to damage mechanics that affected all of you.

They were first introduced with the "British Invasion" update on December 7th. With this update, new players dealt more and received less damage up to the first 100 battles. This information was not shared with you, to prevent any abuse, since we wanted to test this implementation without tainting the results. 

What we didn't take into account was, that this mechanic noticeably impacted the gameplay of our veteran players, especially in the Cold War mode (mainly Era 1). Thanks to the feedback that we received from you during the first week, we immediately implemented a change on December 14th, greatly reducing the impact on this mechanic to veterans. On December 22nd we completely removed the damage reduction from PVP. 

Unfortunately, due to the holidays, we were not able to remove the damage increase for new players until January 4th.

We apologize for not sharing the information earlier. Moving forward, we will be better about sharing these gameplay impacting experiments.

From now on, all new players are automatically put into Cold War Co-Op mode against bots by default, until they choose to leave and enter multiplayer mode. The damage new players receive in Co-Op is reduced, which gives new players more time to survive and experience success. 

For both Co-op and Multiplayer modes, the current rules for damage and penetration are as following:

• Damage dealt per shot for all players against other players is the same at +\-20%.
  • Penetration RNG for new players under 100 battles against all other players is +20%\-7% (all other players is +\-20%), providing a “floor” to new players.

Note: Our testing of new player conditions in December generated very positive effects for new players. Not only did they play more matches on average, but they also returned to the game at a much higher rate.

Future planning & Training Missions

Moving forward, we are planning to offer the same advantages restricted to Co-Op mode (PvE matches only) in both Cold War and World War 2. This would be our ideal plan today, but it requires tech investment and a bit more time to develop.

When it comes to Training Missions, there is a huge opportunity to improve teaching of several core concepts such as Armor, Range, Aiming, and Driving. We have begun work on a new training system that we hope will equip new players with knowledge and practice to be more successful in both Co-Op and Multiplayer. We are excited for our players to try this out within the months ahead!

I understand that all of this is a very delicate topic for you, the veterans who are playing this game for many years. I want to thank each and everyone of you, for being a loyal player and for being so passionate about the game. If you have any questions or concerns, please leave a comment, and i will try to address them.

One of the most requested things since 6.0 was correcting the linear progression and they did nothing about it. It's been more than a year. THEY DIDN'T LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS. New players are not helped by the negligible silver win in WWII. MATCHMAKING +2 also helps new players, as well as worsening the gaming experience of the vast majority of players. Over the years I have never found a player with whom I have played in squads or with whom I was in audio groups, friendly games or tournaments who wanted the +2. I do not know why they do surveys or consultations if they do not correct basic things and claims of years. SIe brauchen uns hören.

PhonicKitty8825 #30 Posted 13 January 2022 - 03:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29824 battles
  • [USCAN]

View Postfanboykillerr, on 13 January 2022 - 02:56 PM, said:

One of the most requested things since 6.0 was correcting the linear progression and they did nothing about it. It's been more than a year. THEY DIDN'T LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS. New players are not helped by the negligible silver win in WWII. MATCHMAKING +2 also helps new players, as well as worsening the gaming experience of the vast majority of players. Over the years I have never found a player with whom I have played in squads or with whom I was in audio groups, friendly games or tournaments who wanted the +2. I do not know why they do surveys or consultations if they do not correct basic things and claims of years. SIe brauchen uns hören.

You weren't even around back then

4th MoE/Gold Moe  3rd MoE: IS-7, IS-3, M.O.B.A.T., M24 Chaffee '53, T-44A, T-72AV, M113, M551 Sheridan, M46A1 Patton, T32, Leo, Object 934, NM-116, Object 268 '56, A41A Centurion Mk. ll, M50 Ontos, Object 165

R.I.P WoT Forum

Memento Mori

ThorrOdinson616 #31 Posted 13 January 2022 - 03:46 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23891 battles
  • [FORUM]
Before you used to learn in many ways like the starting tutorial and mostly the War Stories (which you can say was a PVE mode based on WWII) when you were new, plus the way you used to upgrade tanks with the packs which was an extra motivation (with this new way of upgrading lines which makes no sense at all, no wonder newbies are leaving this game, even if I was new I would do it for this very reason).

The quality of players before used to be pretty decent and there were spectacular games, I know because when I played in my early days (and got to my first Tier X which was Super Conqueror) at the very least there was always a TRND0, CHAI or 7IRON in any team which was great because they were games that usually lasted 15 minutes and were decided by damage, points or deaths, the minimum that could last the games (in my personal experience) were 8 to 10 minutes, staying to see the end of the game was 100% worth it.

Since the introduction of 6.0 and more than anything recent decisions many veterans and experienced players have left, many more than WGCB anticipated, that caused an avalanche that was so brutal that it affected the whole game itself and haunts us to this day, not for nothing they took the decision (without warning as usual) to give advantage to the new players to try to retain them with which technically causes that the games where these players are involved are "fixed" so to speak because they had an unfair advantage over those who have been here for a long time (the veterans).

The recent quality of the players and the games as seen is lousy or even what follows, this is not COD in which there is if you must stay in the base without helping the team all the game, this is a real time strategy game in which you must make decisions (which can go right or wrong) depending on how the game goes, not stay behind without doing anything and then send DMs insulting others when the one who did nothing or did a Yolo was yourself (the latter is usually done by new players, I know from experience because I have been sent DMs with insults to give away).

WGCB urgently needs to do something about this, if it continues this way the new players (the ones that are there at the time) and the bots will be the vast majority in the games compared to the amount of veterans that there are and that are left in the game.

hades828zealous #32 Posted 13 January 2022 - 03:52 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11870 battles
  • [FORUM]
Good Day..so you admit cheat..can we get 3 days premium as apology for crappyness last 3 weeks ? would really like to have some fun AGAIN.GG

murphyrc510 #33 Posted 13 January 2022 - 04:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14153 battles
Rigged is cheating no matter how you soft peddle it and makes sense on how the game has played for years. Free to play pay to win?  It’s obviously your game wargaming and you can do as you wish with it but just remember it’s our money and never ever will many of us spend a dime on a self admitting cheat. 

SandM9 #34 Posted 13 January 2022 - 05:29 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33615 battles

View PostT33kanneWG, on 12 January 2022 - 12:32 PM, said:

For both Co-op and Multiplayer modes, the current rules for damage and penetration are as following:

• Damage dealt per shot for all players against other players is the same at +\-20%.
  • Penetration RNG for new players under 100 battles against all other players is +20%\-7% (all other players is +\-20%), providing a “floor” to new players.

Note: Our testing of new player conditions in December generated very positive effects for new players. Not only did they play more matches on average, but they also returned to the game at a much higher rate.

I understand that all of this is a very delicate topic for you, the veterans who are playing this game for many years. I want to thank each and everyone of you, for being a loyal player and for being so passionate about the game. If you have any questions or concerns, please leave a comment, and i will try to address them.

How is this better?  Rigged penetration over 100 battles seems like a greater advantage than rigged damage over 10 battles. Or is that the point?

Do you not think that there will be a sort of whiplash effect when the RNG changes dramatically from -7 to -20.  Or is it that WGC data showed that 10 battles wasn't a long enough period of time for new players to spend the amount of money WGC was hoping for?

I do thank you for confirming what I've always suspected. WGC has the ability to change the RNG(damage, and penetration at least) at will.  I'm guessing they have for a long time and that they are able to choose the trigger for the RNG change.  

You mention the positive effect of rigging new players damage, but don't bother to reference a single piece of data. which leads me to ask, after learning that WGC will and has manipulated their own game for the benefit of one group of players without informing any players, why should anybody just blindly take yours or any WGC rep.'s word for anything?

"pics, or it didn't happen."

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

AleTieCan05 #35 Posted 13 January 2022 - 06:45 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 57387 battles

View PostT33kanneWG, on 12 January 2022 - 07:32 PM, said:

This trick (because it's not a "floor", its real name is "trick" ) continues to be unfair to other "human" players, limit it to cooperative mode, always and anyway...

AleTieCan05 #36 Posted 13 January 2022 - 06:48 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 57387 battles

View PostThorrOdinson616, on 13 January 2022 - 03:46 PM, said:

Before you used to learn in many ways like the starting tutorial and mostly the War Stories (which you can say was a PVE mode based on WWII) when you were new, plus the way you used to upgrade tanks with the packs which was an extra motivation (with this new way of upgrading lines which makes no sense at all, no wonder newbies are leaving this game, even if I was new I would do it for this very reason).

The quality of players before used to be pretty decent and there were spectacular games, I know because when I played in my early days (and got to my first Tier X which was Super Conqueror) at the very least there was always a TRND0, CHAI or 7IRON in any team which was great because they were games that usually lasted 15 minutes and were decided by damage, points or deaths, the minimum that could last the games (in my personal experience) were 8 to 10 minutes, staying to see the end of the game was 100% worth it.

Since the introduction of 6.0 and more than anything recent decisions many veterans and experienced players have left, many more than WGCB anticipated, that caused an avalanche that was so brutal that it affected the whole game itself and haunts us to this day, not for nothing they took the decision (without warning as usual) to give advantage to the new players to try to retain them with which technically causes that the games where these players are involved are "fixed" so to speak because they had an unfair advantage over those who have been here for a long time (the veterans).

The recent quality of the players and the games as seen is lousy or even what follows, this is not COD in which there is if you must stay in the base without helping the team all the game, this is a real time strategy game in which you must make decisions (which can go right or wrong) depending on how the game goes, not stay behind without doing anything and then send DMs insulting others when the one who did nothing or did a Yolo was yourself (the latter is usually done by new players, I know from experience because I have been sent DMs with insults to give away).

WGCB urgently needs to do something about this, if it continues this way the new players (the ones that are there at the time) and the bots will be the vast majority in the games compared to the amount of veterans that there are and that are left in the game.

+1

ThorrOdinson616 #37 Posted 13 January 2022 - 07:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23891 battles
  • [FORUM]

View Postatwilliams07, on 12 January 2022 - 04:01 PM, said:

+1 for (finally) doing something about the new player experience.  It’s been awful for some time, ever since you decided to remove many of the things new players would have used to familiarise themselves with the game such as:

• Tier 1 and 2 (as the entry point for the game)
  • War Stories
  • Proving Grounds

-1 for thinking you could test something like this and the community wouldn’t notice.

As others have said, there needs to be much more than abit of an RNG boost to help newer players.  Lots of ideas have been shared on other threads in the last few days.  Some of them are good!

+1

Comicsans3 #38 Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:18 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15519 battles

Personally i found war stories aside from the artillery one a good learning tool. 

fanboykillerr #39 Posted 13 January 2022 - 08:45 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6 battles

View PostT33kanneWG, on 13 January 2022 - 11:17 AM, said:

Co-op / PVE Mode for WWII is actually in the works. But as i stated in the announcement, it requires more time for the necessary development. And yes, i agree, Silver is a very limiting factor for new players that we are looking into as well. 

I totally agree, thats how i started out with Warships back in the days (yes i know, different game but same progression system) I know exactly what you are talking about. 

Regarding the restriction for newbies, i personally don't completely agree with this, there are some people out there who don't want to bother with low tier and they want to jump into action in a big tank. This doesn't happen very often but still we should not restrict this. 

The mode choice is a different topic, i think players should be able to choose what they want to play. In a perfect world, we would have a message where they can choose with a short explanation of what differences the modes have. But thank you for your suggestions, I'll make notes on that. 

Those are indeed some solid suggestions, i am here listening and talking to the people behind the scenes. I totally understand that you are invested in this game and passionate, you just want the best for it. I know that feeling. Thank you for your words!

What a great and wonderful suggestion. Thanks!

1. Yeah tutorials is something that is currently under development. 

2. Those are very solid suggestions. I like this idea of those mission requirements.

3. Yeah i've seen this recruiter program suggestion now a couple of times. From what i know, development time is a very scarce resource but i'll make sure this gets forwarded.

the continuous and unbearable losing streaks mean that no new or old player has beans to play. if at least the first 3 on the losing side were awarded the same prize as the winner. What normal person enjoys losing the vast majority of their games?

Fleshy Nun #40 Posted 13 January 2022 - 09:38 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23408 battles

Wonderful? For god sake on which planet lives company you representing? This whole concept is doomed at the beginning if WGCB don't stop putting in new players hands high tiers tanks. This practice is not only harmful for newbies but as well creating unrest for old dogs.

You thinking is wise give LT without maps that actually serve this type of tanks?

I can ceep going like that for very long time but like I said it is stupid to believe WGCB is able to help itself after 6.0. What you did was so selfish and far from any professional approach to the business and what worst you don't know now how to stop. Hamster effect in it purest form. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users