• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

IBROX 04 #41 Posted 13 January 2022 - 10:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23960 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostT33kanneWG, on 13 January 2022 - 11:17 AM, said:

Co-op / PVE Mode for WWII is actually in the works. But as i stated in the announcement, it requires more time for the necessary development. And yes, i agree, Silver is a very limiting factor for new players that we are looking into as well. 

I totally agree, thats how i started out with Warships back in the days (yes i know, different game but same progression system) I know exactly what you are talking about. 

Regarding the restriction for newbies, i personally don't completely agree with this, there are some people out there who don't want to bother with low tier and they want to jump into action in a big tank. This doesn't happen very often but still we should not restrict this. 

The mode choice is a different topic, i think players should be able to choose what they want to play. In a perfect world, we would have a message where they can choose with a short explanation of what differences the modes have. But thank you for your suggestions, I'll make notes on that. 

Those are indeed some solid suggestions, i am here listening and talking to the people behind the scenes. I totally understand that you are invested in this game and passionate, you just want the best for it. I know that feeling. Thank you for your words!

What a great and wonderful suggestion. Thanks!

1. Yeah tutorials is something that is currently under development. 

2. Those are very solid suggestions. I like this idea of those mission requirements.

3. Yeah i've seen this recruiter program suggestion now a couple of times. From what i know, development time is a very scarce resource but i'll make sure this gets forwarded.

Thanks, Yeah Silver and in game content is a few things why new players quit rather then stay. CooP mode would be good for new players, I’m not sure about new players and CW CooP mode though. 

You may wanna post on the Xbox community feed from games occasionally. Even if it’s just the weekly splash screens. Every other games does it . Couldn’t tell you the last time I seen anything from WoT 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

R3VD4WG MB #42 Posted 13 January 2022 - 11:24 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33179 battles
  • [R3V]
Bring war stories back and make it compulsory before new players can enter multiplayer.

R3V Armour Division Roll Out!

http://r3v.one Check out my YouTube Channel and stalk me on Twitter

LeftTurnus #43 Posted 14 January 2022 - 01:41 AM

Major

• Players
  • 32507 battles

Heh, been away from this game for a bit.

Got a good laugh from the CM's post here.

RNG in this game is bad enough, rigged RNG for certain players is just plain ridiculous.

Does explain some things though. And made me glad to put this game away for a while...

imanikingoff20 #44 Posted 14 January 2022 - 07:13 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 53410 battles
  • [-ATK-]

Please do small simple things to show 'good will' , easy, quick, highly visible.  

E.g.

Remove passive benefit from all consumables. If you select a consumable, but don't use, you don't lose it.

Easy, simple.

It's only my complete lack of talent that stops me from being an average player.

Haukkis #45 Posted 14 January 2022 - 08:42 AM

Major

• Players
  • 41862 battles

View PostDaffierPear6, on 13 January 2022 - 02:32 AM, said:

Nice to see you approaching the Forum Community on this subject!  Thank you TeeKanne.

Here are a few suggestions:

1.  Agree with locking new players in Co-Op for first 100 games, but you need to expand The Tutorial to introduce more skills and introduce people to the mechanics of equipment, ammunition types, Commander Skills, Spotting/Camouflage, True Vision, Side Scraping, Boosters and Multipliers, etc.  This should culminate with Platoon Creation and Disbanding and adding "in-game" friends as well as Cross Platform Friends and communication as well as an introduction to the Tank Recruiter Program.

2.  Have specific Ops in Co-Op for new players to complete which assist them to learn basic skills such as Bounce 500 incoming rounds, Track 100 Tanks, Repair Module 250 times, Set 100 Tanks on fire, Spot 500 Tanks whilst being undetected, etc.  You could break it up in groups of 100 for each with increasing rewards for each Stage including Garage Slots, Camo Vouchers, 3D Crews, and once all Ops completed a WW2 Tier 5 or higher Crew Trainer Tank AND an Era 1 Premium.

3.  Once a new player enters Multiplayer games they are automatically entered into the Recruit Program.  Implement changes in game to identify Veteran players who are registered as Recruiters/Trainers so new players can identify such Veterans and can message them.   Once a new player and a Veteran become in-game friends they are linked as Recruit-Recruiter and earn rewards in Platoons as detailed in the Program.

This is likely to increase the interest of new players and enable them to learn the game and also become a part of the community!

This.  +1

SirDerp-a-lot #46 Posted 14 January 2022 - 12:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 71288 battles
  • [EPOS]

View PostDaffierPear6, on 13 January 2022 - 02:32 AM, said:

3.  Once a new player enters Multiplayer games they are automatically entered into the Recruit Program.  Implement changes in game to identify Veteran players who are registered as Recruiters/Trainers so new players can identify such Veterans and can message them. Once a new player and a Veteran become in-game friends they are linked as Recruit-Recruiter and earn rewards in Platoons as detailed in the Program.

This will have the greatest effect, and will cost Wargaming nothing except a user interface.

Let's see what Wargaming does next:

1) Another sale of the Pz. V/IV for drive new players away from the game, or

2) A recruit/veteran program.

SirDerp-a-lot #47 Posted 14 January 2022 - 01:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 71288 battles
  • [EPOS]

View Postimanikingoff20, on 14 January 2022 - 08:13 AM, said:

Remove passive benefit from all consumables. If you select a consumable, but don't use, you don't lose it.

Easy, simple.

I already hear all the snowflakes crying in pain, they will think the game would be unplayable without passive benefits. Never mind that that's the way it has been for years.

AleTieCan05 #48 Posted 14 January 2022 - 03:33 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 57387 battles
In my opinion, a reasonable idea (which is why they won't do it...) would be integrate old WS with proving grounds, with stories of increasing difficulty and, up to a certain point, mandatory for new players... limit is that WS must remain unique in WWII and the cooperative mode unique in CW, an excessive fragmentation of the already small playerbase would be the final blow to the game

SirDerp-a-lot #49 Posted 14 January 2022 - 07:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 71288 battles
  • [EPOS]

View PostAleTieCan05, on 14 January 2022 - 04:33 PM, said:

In my opinion, a reasonable idea (which is why they won't do it...) would be integrate old WS with proving grounds, with stories of increasing difficulty and, up to a certain point, mandatory for new players... limit is that WS must remain unique in WWII and the cooperative mode unique in CW, an excessive fragmentation of the already small playerbase would be the final blow to the game

I don't give an airborne intercourse what happens to Cold War.

imanikingoff20 #50 Posted 14 January 2022 - 11:08 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 53410 battles
  • [-ATK-]

View PostSirDerp-a-lot, on 14 January 2022 - 11:02 PM, said:

I already hear all the snowflakes crying in pain, they will think the game would be unplayable without passive benefits. Never mind that that's the way it has been for years.

Exactly.

Easy , simple 2, change any crew skill, one at time for silver .

Super Easy, barely an inconvenience..

It's only my complete lack of talent that stops me from being an average player.

TsprinTs #51 Posted 14 January 2022 - 11:24 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 54399 battles

New players buff is absolutely disgusting. 

They force you to bounce, miss, low roll.

6.0 was already a big nerf to vets. Now another attempts to nerf the vets. 6.0 did not work and this time won't either.

Just too low. Wrong approach. 

SirDerp-a-lot #52 Posted 15 January 2022 - 04:26 AM

Major

• Players
  • 71288 battles
  • [EPOS]

View PostT33kanneWG, on 12 January 2022 - 08:32 PM, said:

For both Co-op and Multiplayer modes, the current rules for damage and penetration are as following:

• Damage dealt per shot for all players against other players is the same at +\-20%.
  • Penetration RNG for new players under 100 battles against all other players is +20%\-7% (all other players is +\-20%), providing a “floor” to new players.

IMPORTANT QUESTION!

Will this also be true for custom games?

Because that would mean that a lot of teams in clan wars will consist of brand new players in the future.

Plase tell us that you thought about this problem, and that custom games are exempt.

IBROX 04 #53 Posted 16 January 2022 - 07:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23960 battles
  • [BNKR]
New players buff . What happens when this goes live full time? Anyone thought this through? I’m ok with 100 games buff at low tiers . But what about if they enter era 1 ? 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

TsprinTs #54 Posted 17 January 2022 - 07:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 54399 battles

If new players need buff, they are in the wrong place.

New player should WIN at least 100 games in coop before going to MP. Afk penalty should be in place. Or they just join the game and afk.

ACED2008 #55 Posted 17 January 2022 - 07:38 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18028 battles
  • [552ND]

What is needed for new player retention existed prior to 6.0. This looks like a stop gap measure that seems to be necessitated by the unwillingness or inability to have the PVE training mechanism built into the game that was always present up until 6.0 was released.

There is a reason that buffing new players/nerfing veteran players in coop modes was never done in the past. I would suggest not tainting what goodwill you have left with the veteran player community and instead focus on reintegrating the proven and effective parts of the game that have been missing for over a year now that aided in new player education and a robust PVE “practice” environment.

I just started playing again after a long absence and it pains me to see solutions such as this implemented. The fact that it ever seemed like a good idea to begin with is troubling at best. Look to what made this game great to begin with and use that as your guide to steer this game in the most enjoyable and profitable direction.

SirDerp-a-lot #56 Posted 17 January 2022 - 08:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 71288 battles
  • [EPOS]

View PostSirDerp-a-lot, on 15 January 2022 - 05:26 AM, said:

IMPORTANT QUESTION!

Will this also be true for custom games?

Because that would mean that a lot of teams in clan wars will consist of brand new players in the future.

Plase tell us that you thought about this problem, and that custom games are exempt.

@Teekanne, what about this question?

xxFUZZYDUNLOPx #57 Posted 18 January 2022 - 03:02 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 41018 battles
  • [JOCO]
Crews with 3 skills unlocked for free, some silver this is what new players need. They need to enjoy the game and feel like they want to spend money on a game they enjoy. Not forced to due to punitive silver and do costs.

I know it was built by a separate company but using some of the commander mode assets to build a training mode could help. If a player could pick a map, bot difficulty and what tanks the bot gets it would be very useful for new players.

Making tiers 3 and 4 1/1 will have helped. Iirc 90% of players who tried the game quit after playing tier 3.

After 6.0 1/1 was every other week even though lots of players left. Now it's not even 1 weekend a month are player numbers even lower than the months following 6.0?

xxFUZZYDUNLOPx #58 Posted 18 January 2022 - 03:08 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 41018 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postimanikingoff20, on 14 January 2022 - 07:13 AM, said:

Please do small simple things to show 'good will' , easy, quick, highly visible.  

E.g.

Easy, simple.

Why are you so obsessed with consumables? Billion silver not enough? For a new player with a crew with no skills or only 1 or 2 skills a passive 10% repair buff for 3k per game is pretty good. That's the same benefit as the repair skill if I'm not mistaken.

The change to consumables was one of the few good things about 6.0 imo

I3ETEPAH #59 Posted 18 January 2022 - 11:54 AM

Major

• Players
  • 70647 battles

View Postcooliocory90954, on 12 January 2022 - 10:31 PM, said:

This is dumb i never had this when i started

yes

♰ RIP WOTC December 15, 2020

Ulteamatum #60 Posted 18 January 2022 - 01:58 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18147 battles

According positive discrimination with RNG for new players wont resolve the problem. And that one is big; far bigger than WG would like to believe.

Letting the things getting worst for years of negligence, could not lead out of the situation we get today. But it is not a surprise to notice just around this question, when in general, the care of the player base has never been other thing than a chimera. The WOTC's people suffers, it is not new.

By some occasions I got back to play on tier IV, and, to be honest, this is a purge. I sincerely feel sorry for all these rare (almost mythical) new players who dare, or ignore where they are going.

The game is absolutely unfair and it is certainly not a secret or any kind of taboo, because of this disastrous MatchMaker that is just good to delete. That fact applies for the lower tiers level too, where begin any journey start in the game, but its negative effects are amplified, even multiplied by some circumstances that make the purgatory is has become over the years :

The main pain to erase from my view are the so called ♫edobears who are harvesting, more than ever, these low tiers servers.

I remember from PC memories such people where the number one shame of the whole game, leading to the creation of topics and lists to record them and laugh at them. It had a great popularity at that time many years ago (whereas arty has this main condemnation role on console version). Nonetheless, from my experience of PC veteran, I can tell you that the infamous ♫edobears were not so many in proportion, and not so harmful. By far.

The tier IV teams compositions are giving a lot of concern : Matilda IV; 105mm troll gun hetzer; Luchs; Sexton; Birch Gun.. All led by experimented players of course, consisting of more half of each teams. If you consider the presence of the trashing Panzer V/IV platoons, what can you expect in kind of enjoyment falling is these conditions. Being stock, you just serve of points bags to farm for faky unicum (more mediocre than great to be true, to achieve this humiliation cycle). The most indecent fact to emphasize is that the broken MatchMaker is almost a positive thing for rookies, because it will rapidly achieve the carnage.. to send them in the same ways of disgusting their free time they wanted to be, good and playful.

So yes, this game is a pure punishment for any new comer, thrown in the lions arena with a RNG spoon to face veterans of the weakness and cowardice, waiting them with a full arsenal of golden torment.

Some of you mention the training tutorial or co'op similar mean, but even done and well done, explaining game mechanics, going in depth ask time to raise experience, and those little learned pages wont be enough to overpass the ♫edobears jungle without being sickened, disenchanted. After, you have still the tier V that is good enough too in special farming tanks for special farming players, to endure.

This is why, I have an alternative method to (vainly I know) propose :

1. First of all, as ever said, send by force the new players in formation program that is interactive, mechanics oriented and rewarded. When it is fully achieved, allow them to enter in the battle process, but no the standard we have.

-Maybe we should inaugurate a "new player" status that will vanish at a short point :

2. Create a MatchMaking rule that will open special and strictly new players reserved servers, based under battles number, where they will be able to experiment what they have learnt in total security and peace, under shelter of rookies predators. To make the waiting process acceptable, due to the special ruling and the lack of such new players, the creating game will can be filled up with some bots, enough competitive to give them challenge, or chances to make easier points depending of their abilities.

-This special rule applies till the players has reached 100 (or 150) battles, after what he will join the standard matchmaker processing. He can't thus coming back in the protected servers.

-During his protected battleground delay, the new player can't do a platoon with a player having more than 100 (or 150) battles, the limit explained beyond. This measure is done to avoid the rookie predator (alias ♫edobear) to bypass the system, using stratagem to manipulate a new player or getting full conscience collaboration from him to access these "paradise servers". However a new player have the possibility to platoon up with any new other player, because they have the same status. It will improve their cooperative gaming basics, learnt in training program, in "real" (I prefer "advanced" ) conditions.

-A new player whose WG level index or WN8 (the better) reach a certain critical value, will be automatically transferred from new player MatchMaker battles to standard player MatchMaker battles. He will lost his status prematurely, before the 100/150 battles goal. Why ? Either he is ready to go, so he has no reason to stay. or, he is a beautiful reroll from a rookie predator or a stat padder who wanted to take advantage of the dream conditions for shining on Wotstars. Here, we have to be careful because talented players still exist, and do not have to be taken for a false positive. Regarding the reroll behavior, his main objective is to exploit each of its battles to make explode the WN8 the more sooner he can, to establish it in hard, through the amount of games played. So he will show non normal statistics from the start, contrary to the talented new player that will show a real progression.

3. Nerf one time for all predator favorite tanks, especially the Panzer V/IV that wears too much life points for his tier. You said us WG you would make ascend it to tier VI, so do it. Care of your game before of your money mines.

-Make in sort the tier IV, who is preferential limited, see prammoes a lot of nerfed and price rised for the standard players, but give an exception for the new players (the status I have established in the precedent lines) during their protected program of 100/150 battles only, to let them discover how and when better using it.

-Nerf spamming arties than deliver too much damages. This point is one crucial that will give air on the battlefield.

4. For the love of God, change this infernal MatchMaker which is seeking the game in the nightmare of the game entertainment. You are not alone on the market. There were games before you and there will be after (hopefully), thanks to whose we can compare experiences. There is no other game from my knowledge and gamer past, who got a such pain factory, punishing the players and, combined with the fantastic RNG, just become a total humiliation.

What new player, what human would like to suffer like this ?

5. The RNG has to be deeply reforged because, it could give birth to sky.net, so much this is a "terrible" coding creation. No data of armor, spotting or camo is reliable yet furthermore. Ghost shells; great precision becoming completely mad; 80% low-rolling hits; impossible bounces.. Just imagine to see that in ESL, leading a prestigious team to lose by these enumerated jokes. In truth, on the real field, many of us lose games or simply get destructed not because they have done an error, but because your RNG has traduced it in the comical fate. This is so much humiliating, you have no idea.

6. Make come back the old (previous 6.0) modules progression system, easier, more useful and more fair. Playing this game with stock machines means literally you will got cooked under place, with no power. No one can appreciate this treatment for long. Let the people, especially the new one, choosing what elements they want first according to their playing style and their vehicles classes. It is less painful to grind, saving some XP with compatible elements between tiers. But you removed it and do not any liberty to the new or old player to manage his fleet like he should.

Final Words : A new player wont support the idea to play thousand of battles being crushed from the start, after just a reading of the teams composition; and after three minutes of worthless massive yolo rush. Neither being collected by rookie farmers or stat padders rerolls at its arrival in the game, taking advantage of too much powerful tanks, this consisting in a brutal red iron marking. Nor losing or vanishing his shots in chain, getting surprised by broken mechanics, whereas he knows he go losing from the start.

For me, there is no other solution. This is already a miracle you WG console has survived up today despite all the immense mistakes you have done. Great games has disappeared for less than 1/10 of yours.

I wont fall in illusions anyway. Will it consist in my homages of an island of reason, named a forum, called to rest soon in the silent depths of the great times oceans.

Edited by Ulteamatum, 18 January 2022 - 02:03 PM.

Thinking Wargaming is hidding us something ?

Dear, poor friend, you have no idea of what is really going on behind that deceitful drape of silence. Could you only imagine, brave and clear friend, all what I know about them, since my first experience on PC in 2012.

Matchmaker seems sleazy to you ? Are those maps not made for your vehicle ? Do you feel betrayed by the system, alone in those never ending greedy guts teams ?

Do not worrry, the truth will get surged soon, before that year smash down with Wargaming. But after all these nauseating revelations, you will fall from high. Have fortitude.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users