Jump to content


Why are selection screens STILL so disorganised?


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

GiggyBobcat8372 #1 Posted 14 January 2022 - 07:31 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19372 battles
  • 1,035
  • Member since:
    09-14-2016

Players have been complaining about the disorganised, seemingly intentionally chaotic, selection screens (as seen when transferring commanders, for example) seemingly forever, certainly since 6.0. They are so bad they probably make players physically ill, and certainly must have driven many players to quit.

 

Why have WG STILL not corrected this? Surely tanks could easily be arranged in order of nationality. Even that would be far better than the current INFURIATING MESS.

 

Fix this soon WG, or you won't have any players left. It's unnecessary, inexplicable, and INEXCUSABLE. It really is a game killer.

 

What do you guys think? I'm sure I'm not alone on this. Tell WG what you think, while we still can.

 

 



MilitaryGoose05 #2 Posted 14 January 2022 - 12:42 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19114 battles
  • 2,506
  • Member since:
    07-08-2015

Yep it's another of those things that should have been fixed after 6.0. Sadly I think the changes we got a while ago were 'the fix', and wargaming things it's all fine now.

i mean geez, remember when the TT screens flopped out and even Paingod was furious about how bad they were, because he hadn't seem them before they went live.


He hadn't seen them. Before they went live.



SirDerp-a-lot #3 Posted 14 January 2022 - 01:07 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 71255 battles
  • 10,018
  • [EPOS]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostMilitaryGoose05, on 14 January 2022 - 01:42 PM, said:

He hadn't seen them. Before they went live.

 

Yup. Maybe the most important thing to remember. They don't even care enough to take a look.

 

A crewless option is another thing that probably will remain unfixed. After every game, I'm reminded that I finished the season pass, but the game still is fine to let me enter battle with a crewless tank, without a warning.



UltimoPit385186 #4 Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:00 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 41280 battles
  • 1,858
  • [FORUM]
  • Member since:
    01-06-2016

View PostMilitaryGoose05, on 14 January 2022 - 12:42 PM, said:

 

He hadn't seen them. Before they went live.

Says it all really. I still struggle to believe it. I think the TT layout had a similar response (something about the mockup looking OK?).

 

Hey ho.

 

 



P6X330 #5 Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:09 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20325 battles
  • 4,165
  • [AMXS]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2017

View PostGiggyBobcat8372, on 14 January 2022 - 01:31 AM, said:

Players have been complaining about the disorganised, seemingly intentionally chaotic, selection screens (as seen when transferring commanders, for example) seemingly forever, certainly since 6.0. They are so bad they probably make players physically ill, and certainly must have driven many players to quit.

 

Why have WG STILL not corrected this? Surely tanks could easily be arranged in order of nationality. Even that would be far better than the current INFURIATING MESS.

 

Fix this soon WG, or you won't have any players left. It's unnecessary, inexplicable, and INEXCUSABLE. It really is a game killer.

 

What do you guys think? I'm sure I'm not alone on this. Tell WG what you think, while we still can.

 

 

 

Why?

There is a finite number of people coding for the game. While the main interface could be better, they have to prioritize what they can do.

 

I have been involved in developing a business program, and everything you do is schedule using the usual "nice to have" and "must have".

 

I completely agree with you, the commander workflow should be improved. Before that, I would like to get back the ability to pick language for my commanders. Also, I would not mind to have commanders of specific nations look the part. They should wear the uniforms and equipment they had at the time.

To me, this is more important than streamlining the filtering.


 

 


hades828zealous #6 Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:40 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 11819 battles
  • 46
  • [FORUM]
  • Member since:
    07-17-2017
Good Day...working as planned..GG

FinlandRed #7 Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:49 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27399 battles
  • 3,619
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostP6X330, on 14 January 2022 - 04:09 PM, said:

 

Why?

There is a finite number of people coding for the game. While the main interface could be better, they have to prioritize what they can do.

 

I have been involved in developing a business program, and everything you do is schedule using the usual "nice to have" and "must have".

 

I completely agree with you, the commander workflow should be improved. Before that, I would like to get back the ability to pick language for my commanders. Also, I would not mind to have commanders of specific nations look the part. They should wear the uniforms and equipment they had at the time.

To me, this is more important than streamlining the filtering.

 

In the software game you are only as good as your last release. Doesn't matter what kind of app it is. If your UI is bad then users quickly start looking elsewhere.

 

I've never worked on a dev project where the senior people don't make a complete pain of themselves coming in a couple of times a week to check how it's going, what it looks like and how it flows.



FluffyColt12271 #8 Posted 14 January 2022 - 06:54 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 26461 battles
  • 554
  • [FORUM]
  • Member since:
    09-01-2019

View PostSirDerp-a-lot, on 14 January 2022 - 01:07 PM, said:

 

After every game, I'm reminded that I finished the season pass, but the game still is fine to let me enter battle with a crewless tank, without a warning.

It grates my gears this. Every game every one of those season pass things pops up. That's three irrelevant clicks each time I go to the garage and no way to turn it off. Ridiculous design idea. 



FluffyColt12271 #9 Posted 15 January 2022 - 05:25 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 26461 battles
  • 554
  • [FORUM]
  • Member since:
    09-01-2019

View PostSirDerp-a-lot, on 14 January 2022 - 01:07 PM, said:

After every game, I'm reminded that I finished the season pass, but the game still is fine to let me enter battle with a crewless tank, without a warning.

Dude, check again, I think they fixed it!



SirDerp-a-lot #10 Posted 15 January 2022 - 06:16 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 71255 battles
  • 10,018
  • [EPOS]
  • Member since:
    05-15-2016

View PostFluffyColt12271, on 15 January 2022 - 06:25 PM, said:

Dude, check again, I think they fixed it!

 

Today? Because yesterday it was still broken, both ways.



RadiantPup27709 #11 Posted 15 January 2022 - 06:16 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33453 battles
  • 8,152
  • Member since:
    02-06-2014

View PostFluffyColt12271, on 15 January 2022 - 01:25 PM, said:

Dude, check again, I think they fixed it!

 

Yeah, after completing the season I'm not getting any challenge notifications when I return to the garage now.


FluffyColt12271 #12 Posted 15 January 2022 - 06:53 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 26461 battles
  • 554
  • [FORUM]
  • Member since:
    09-01-2019

View PostSirDerp-a-lot, on 15 January 2022 - 06:16 PM, said:

 

Today? Because yesterday it was still broken, both ways.

Yeah not yesterday, today. Great tweak if its permanent!



BigHundy81 #13 Posted 15 January 2022 - 07:09 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 15936 battles
  • 379
  • [B00TY]
  • Member since:
    04-18-2016
The fact that I can go into a battle without a commander is ridiculous.

BlazingSword075 #14 Posted Today, 01:12 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 6823 battles
  • 893
  • Member since:
    08-26-2019
I hate the selection chaos too. It really is a game breaker.

Tornado F4 #15 Posted Today, 07:14 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 18557 battles
  • 409
  • Member since:
    02-01-2016

"And then the bullhorn crackles and the captain tackles
With the problems of the how's and why's

And he can see no reasons 'cause there are no reasons
What reason do you need to die?
Die, oh oh oh
".

 

Perhaps it's an American thing.



Ariesinho #16 Posted Today, 08:01 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11303 battles
  • 270
  • [FORUM]
  • Member since:
    01-09-2016

View Posthades828zealous, on 14 January 2022 - 04:40 PM, said:

Good Day...working as planned..GG

 

X

Ariesinho #17 Posted Today, 08:05 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11303 battles
  • 270
  • [FORUM]
  • Member since:
    01-09-2016

View PostBigHundy81, on 15 January 2022 - 07:09 PM, said:

The fact that I can go into a battle without a commander is ridiculous.

 

I was pointing this time and time again. Minto once responded me like what's the problem, you have a commander icon so you know if you have commander in tank or not. Final proof that he or anyone from developing team wasn't actually playing their game. They can't comprehend how easy is to jump into a new battle in a different tank without commander. And how disadvantageous that is for you and your team...

TimMac PA #18 Posted Today, 01:04 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 73531 battles
  • 3,685
  • Member since:
    03-25-2014

Since day one...

 

Pretty stupid sh*t that this problem (still) exists. I've said it before, they act like a bunch of interns.

 

Both the crew selection screen and the Tank selection screen are FUBAR.

 

Simple question they have never answered:

 

Why don't the tanks follow the same sequence regardless of what screen you are on?

 

The only good part, the Commander's home tank is displayed first. That and only that is the one good thing to come out of this idiotic system.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users