Am I missing something or is TOGII just for people who cannot play the game properly?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

AngryCalf574148 #21 Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 10292 battles
  • [P4NDA]

http://media.desura....63764906038.gif

I assume you all would like to do this to TOGs then.....

1st wave EU Beta Tester

​Immortals Member

NahWasntMe #22 Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 7047 battles

View Postthe exiled west, on 01 April 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

The TOG II is like driving an old British car.  Before you dismiss me for not possibly knowing what that is like my dad used to have a Jag.  There were so many things wrong with it and it hardly ever worked the way you wanted it to.  But when it worked? It was heaven.  The TOG seems to be one of those tanks that when things go well, they go really, really well.

Some tanks are good for your stats and will get you medals and will be able to hold corners and brawl and all that, but the TOG seems to be good for your soul.  Its so difficult to drive well and is so fragile that it can be much more rewarding to pilot successfully than an E75 or T110E5 for instance where the tank takes care of you if you make mistakes.  If you make a mistake in the TOG you're dead, if you make a mistake in an old Jag, you're on the side of the road in a cloud of steam.

My impression reading the pre release threads made it sound like it will bounce shells all day  long, but you say its fragile. I guess its time to do some research. Have not met one yet. Have had them on team twice. Both tier 8 games. 

“Out of every 15 men, 5 shouldn't even be there, they are campers or arty,  5 are just potatoes, 4 are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” 
Nahwasntme with apologies to Heraclitus who said :

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” 

TLP DeeJay #23 Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 19853 battles
  • [POPRS]
that HP pool is a noob magnet,  most of the players be like " hell, all I do is get hit, at least I'll buy a tank that can take a beating and just absorb it!" Like the T-23's, sit there and eat shots... If one actually knows how to tank , they become pretty hard kills .. I've been working on three T9's, but when I go and play a Pz V/IV match, I know I have hp that I can use against them.. Only have real problems with gun depr and a weak gun , but I'll run circles around a tog and MBP

WundaWaffenFightingDragon

TheWaggler #24 Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4045 battles

brb rebuying tier VI arty to extract precious damage from TOG II* drivers.

Posted by TheWaggler

the exiled west #25 Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:25 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 3372 battles
Well if it'll bounce shells all day long then all the better!

yWEt0fx.png

Figgy S7ARDUST #26 Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15122 battles

View PostNahWasntMe, on 01 April 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

I have never seen one in action but from reading the various threads it appears the TOG is a snail paced pillbox on wheels. I don't get it. It does not seem to be a tank that requires a great level of skill or map tactics to use. I cannot see myself enjoying it, either in it or facing it. Am I missing something? 

What you are missing is that just because the Tog2 or any certain tank doesn't make sense to you does not mean that someone else may have fun in the tank. Stop assuming that if YOU (an illusion) think a certain way that others will follow suit. Just accept that we are all different with different likes/dislikes and if you think that any premium tank is stupid then just go kill it, THAT is all that you can do.

Twinkie Phobe #27 Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15362 battles
  • [SOFKS]

Tog tank is not proud tank. Tog will not be bothered if whole enemy team try and kill tog. Tog has many other togs with it. Tog will om nom nom on other tanks.

What a good chunk of people see in the tog is a tank to play a very relaxed game.

side note: about 2 weeks ago I started a thread about no tog 2 being in the game and guessed the special on cost and what it included.

The catch 22 of WoT: 1. Rages at team for being terrible. 2. Goes on forums complaining about terrible team mates. 3. Another thread comes talking about making the player base less terrible. 4. People agree n such. 5. Idea comes to better the average how's skill. 5. People dislike the idea/ call it terrible. 6. Plays game and complains about terrible team mates.

Cheesie Burrito #28 Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16647 battles

View PostTheWaggler, on 01 April 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

brb rebuying tier VI arty to extract precious damage from TOG II* drivers.

I see the formation of the TOG Control Team........

Call the TCT for your tog issues.

Your not gonna like the Truth and there is simply no way to hide from it.

oliedamagichobo #29 Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 2435 battles
I really need to get on this more they put in the beached whale... god its hilarious in the pc what people say about those when its in a match

IKickedUrBeaver #30 Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19293 battles
  • [BNKR]
I'm thoroughly enjoying mine, I must say.  Consistent damage, decent enough rate of fire, huge pool of health points...   You still need to be judicious in how you move about.  Not having any nearby teammates and/or trolling about in the open represents certain doom.   I've found that everyone pretty much will ignore all other targets on the field to go after your TOG, so if you can withstand the heat, one of your greatest assets is allowing your teammates to move about quite a bit more without being the focus of the enemy.   I've been playing with two other TOG pilots and we've created an awesome 3 deep formation with turrets alternating at other ends and we've been mopping up a good bit.  They are indeed ripe for artillery fire, and taking that into consideration needs to be THE priority when setting up shop with a TOG.  So...knowing where you'd be if YOU were artillery on any given map, is very important.   At any rate, the tank's a hoot.   I've already had between 3-5 kills in a round on more than a few occasions.  

IndyJarhead #31 Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6526 battles
yes you ware missing something. It does take a skilled player to use it for what it can do.  Yes at the tier it is placed it can take some hits but it is a non-stop arty magnet and so big that anything on the field will focus on it.  It take a skilled player to get it into to battle in a manner that it will survive as well as help the group. Sadly that means you also need players around you that know what your role is and we all know that is few and far between around here.   And for the record to previous posters, unless they have changed the tier matching for this tank it will never get placed higher than a 7 in matchmaking.

"You, you, and you... panic. The rest of you, come with me."

http://theveteransgamingclan.org/

Corrupted Ewok #32 Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20625 battles

The TOG has actually taken me by surprise. It's... Not useless. 4 games played and I'm 15-2 K/D with the last game being my Ace Tanker with a Top Gun sweetner. I see this thing winning a good percentage of 1v1 situations.

There's also something morbidly hyserical about being pushed by a Churchill VII :amazed:

In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Douglas Adams.

IKickedUrBeaver #33 Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19293 battles
  • [BNKR]
Try using a TOG...and form the opinion for yourself.  You have to approach the game differently when you're slower than a slug, and as big as a football field.  Especially when you consider that EVERYONE on the opposing team looks at you like an XP extravaganza.  To say this won't take skill to use effectively would, quite frankly, be stupid. 

NahWasntMe #34 Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 7047 battles

View PostSiR MiNDBENDER, on 01 April 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

What you are missing is that just because the Tog2 or any certain tank doesn't make sense to you does not mean that someone else may have fun in the tank. Stop assuming that if YOU (an illusion) think a certain way that others will follow suit. Just accept that we are all different with different likes/dislikes and if you think that any premium tank is stupid then just go kill it, THAT is all that you can do.

You Sir are a clown.

You erroneously attack me for making assumptions which I have not and then you make a number of them about me. Let me correct you.

-I have never seen the Tog in action, have never driven one and so cannot comment on it first hand. I did not state no one can have fun in it. I said I do not think it would suit me. 

- Nor did I state, imply, assume or ask anyone to think like me. That would be stupid.

-I did not make a comment on any other premium tank and never used the word stupid.

- maybe it's just your command of  English but you state I am an illusion, I am real, 

if you want to spend lots on money on the game then fill your boots. It's your money , I actually posted a thread in support of "wallet warriors" some time ago. I do think the game needs to be supported and have spent money on gold but I do not think the previous premiums were not good value. That's a personal opinion. I may buy the garage slot special this time.

I see someone has a thinner skin than the Tog and down voted the original question. 

I have had time to read some of the threads from the guys using the tog2. And am even more confused, while some say it takes great skill to use them others are on boasting about how many kills, xp and silver they are making. It leaves me with the impression they are OP. I do fear a platoon of them will unbalance games and mess up matches for everyone else. 

Having said all that, everyone seems to love them... Maybe I will be tempted after all. 

“Out of every 15 men, 5 shouldn't even be there, they are campers or arty,  5 are just potatoes, 4 are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” 
Nahwasntme with apologies to Heraclitus who said :

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users