• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

Prozog #41 Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 6985 battles

View Postc0ncept2, on 06 May 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Wonder if this E-100 is real or fake?

Most of the German development Tanks, Had some sort of production BEFORE the end of the war. They were not fully built, but parts where. Hence American Turret rings..... the Maus had the hull built and their is a picture somewhere...

Prozog #42 Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 6985 battles

View PostTheMEagle, on 06 May 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

Plus the tiger itself is a bad example of a tank that was nerfed from its historical basis. The thing rips Shermans to pieces, laughs at US 75mm, 6lber, and Soviet 3 inch rounds and can only be penned by the US 3 inch round at super-close range if they're lucky. Hell, it even bounces a lot of high-velocity rounds like it did.

Um sir, that's how it was in real life..... No one Sherman tank went after a Tiger...... they used numbers and their mobility, but if a Tiger hit a Sherman it was over. Actually if you look up what WW2 tank crews say... they would not even go after a Panther 1 on 1 (Germans had Armor, guns, optics, turret rings, guns. OH YA WOT--- Where THE FCK are the track skirts for ALL MY GERMAN TANKS!) Not to mention the crews had ALOT more experinace in their tanks.

Zxyphos #43 Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18182 battles
  • [RATT]

View PostProzog, on 06 May 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

Most of the German development Tanks, Had some sort of production BEFORE the end of the war. They were not fully built, but parts where. Hence American Turret rings..... the Maus had the hull built and their is a picture somewhere...

Same with the E-100. There are images of the British forces with a captured chassis on the back of a trailer.

MrWuvems #44 Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 10629 battles

View PostProzog, on 06 May 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

Um sir, that's how it was in real life..... No one Sherman tank went after a Tiger...... they used numbers and their mobility, but if a Tiger hit a Sherman it was over. Actually if you look up what WW2 tank crews say... they would not even go after a Panther 1 on 1 (Germans had Armor, guns, optics, turret rings, guns. OH YA WOT--- Where THE FCK are the track skirts for ALL MY GERMAN TANKS!) Not to mention the crews had ALOT more experinace in their tanks.

That's the point I was making. People just keep complaining about how the Tiger is super-nerfed in this game. Meanwhile the only combat-approved tank at tier 7 that would have been thrown up against it is the Comet, which still needs to be at close range to penetrate.

Raibot:

I don't actually have it hosted on my photobucket, oddly enough. Here's the Twitter version: https://pbs.twimg.co...xv_400x400.jpeg

shinigamiofdoom #45 Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18917 battles
  • [VSP]

View PostXKiwiIsAwesomeX, on 06 May 2014 - 05:49 AM, said:

Only fake tank: CARL

Gonna have to put on my glasses and pocket protector for this one *Actually* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl-Gerät

ExaminedGORE #46 Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 3924 battles
  • [SKREB]

View Postshinigamiofdoom, on 06 May 2014 - 11:38 PM, said:

Gonna have to put on my glasses and pocket protector for this one *Actually* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl-Gerät

Yeah. Currently the "CARL" was created from the real tank which shnigamiofdoom linked. Carl just looks smaller, but it's still artillery : ) or was artillery in 1st Aprill : P

Check out my DeviantArt. World of Tanks fanarts || Fractals || My childhood sketchs  : )  

"I can't even be bothered to reply anymore the tinfoil hat is to thick to get through" ~ A dapper kiwi, 05 October 2015

Joco3000 #47 Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:58 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26901 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostProzog, on 06 May 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

There is a Maus hulk in kubinka. Wargaming is rebuilding it soon.

Off the top of my head, the GW Tiger (p), E-50M, JPzE100 and the WT-E100 are fake, but the first three are realistic fakes and the final one might have some basis as well. The VK 72 was another Lowe variant (I think.)

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

FabulousDrPoots #48 Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:17 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4540 battles

View PostRUReady2Die, on 25 April 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

I would suggest you watch the movie  docudrama of Howard Hughes (The Aviator) with Leonardo DeCaprio, There is a part in the movie where said character is being question by senate committees. His answer. In rough terms "Billions of dollars spent on war equipment either never produced or never delivered". So as to original question, I absolutely have no problems with WG research and estimated guesses.

I agree but could use a better example than leonardo decraprio.  Watch old documentaries, Military Channel is awesome.  They even state on some of the tanks that they never made it past the blueprint stage.  This is a chance to see what they could have been.  It's much like with aircraft at times 2 are made and never go past that but the tests go on and get passed to things like the F117, the raptor, b2, etc.

"Time heals all things... except these crazy eyes. "
― Crazy Eyes

sLiThEr GoD #49 Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:51 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9494 battles
Blue print's Prototypes discussion at one point or another all tanks in this game are either real were being Created or were discussed but never got produced it doesn't matter if it was not produced the tank still existed in theory and could easily have been made there is no fake tanks in this game except for special tanks but thats only on the pc for now

"Why would i want to be perfect, it leave's no room to improve"

sLiThEr GoD #50 Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:54 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9494 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 07 May 2014 - 12:58 AM, said:

Off the top of my head, the GW Tiger (p), E-50M, JPzE100 and the WT-E100 are fake, but the first three are realistic fakes and the final one might have some basis as well. The VK 72 was another Lowe variant (I think.)

um we dont have the WT E100 lol i think your lost and the WT E100 was real WG just changed it to a TD rather than the super heavy it was supposed to be here is its real name and info http://en.wikipedia....ampfwagen_E-100

and no this is not the original E100 thats in game that tank was scrapped as was the maus as was the original E100 the biggest tank produced by germany was the King Tiger aka Super Tiger and Tiger II

Edited by sLiThEr GoD, 07 May 2014 - 04:58 AM.

"Why would i want to be perfect, it leave's no room to improve"

MegaB0B0 #51 Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9991 battles

View Postc0ncept2, on 07 May 2014 - 03:14 AM, said:

Wonder if this E-100 is real or fake?

Photoshop production.. Lol 

i have seen the same staff car passing a UFO :)

That one bounced... WTF..not at 100m and not twice in a roll and not on the side of a Walfe-100 with a BL-10!!!

MegaB0B0 #52 Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:05 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9991 battles

View PostThee Shooter, on 06 May 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

Unless the 360 devs make the 279 exclusive, it will probably never come.

http://ftr.wot-news....01/04/4-1-2013/

http://ftr.wot-news....6/ensigns-qa-8/

They should make it an Xbox one version founders pack exclusive 20000 gold, first tier 10 premium tank.

all of those tracks and measurement stuff are just excuses, not real reasons, this engine developed for x360 was said to be one custom design for consoles, therefore, it should be able to over come those supposed issues with the power of the xb1 on offer. 

They went out to measure in detail the muse, so can they go out measure thee object given it is parked right there at their own back yard.  I would go do it for them given they give me the equipment... And permission.

That one bounced... WTF..not at 100m and not twice in a roll and not on the side of a Walfe-100 with a BL-10!!!

MrWuvems #53 Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:07 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 10629 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 06 May 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

The E-50 standard and ausf. M, E-100 repurposes (all of them) the arty variants after the Hummel, the Jg2 (never got a prototype) are all paper tanks. Although it's funny, because the E-50 project seemed to have been more promising, especially since the E-100 was a giant brick that would have been stuck in the ground and taken out by aircraft before it would make it to battle.

For the US we have the upcoming T-28 prototype

The Brits gave us the AT-Xs, they were all pretty much drawings

And some more that come from lines we don't have

Joco3000 #54 Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26901 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostsLiThEr GoD, on 07 May 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

um we dont have the WT E100 lol i think your lost and the WT E100 was real WG just changed it to a TD rather than the super heavy it was supposed to be here is its real name and info http://en.wikipedia....ampfwagen_E-100

and no this is not the original E100 thats in game that tank was scrapped as was the maus as was the original E100 the biggest tank produced by germany was the King Tiger aka Super Tiger and Tiger II

You appear to have a few fact mixed up here. The E-100 chassis was built, thus very real, before being scrapped by the British. The WT E-100? I do not see that thing existing, or even being a paper project. I highly doubt Germany would build a hull so heavily armoured, then put a paper thin turret with a 15cm autoloader on it. Really defeats the objective of a heavily armoured tank. You have to remember, the Russians fielded thousands of Anti-Tank rifles. Whilst useless against a tanks frontal armour, against the 20mm turret on the WT E-100? The crew are not surviving that encounter.

View PostTheMEagle, on 07 May 2014 - 06:07 AM, said:

The E-50 standard and ausf. M, E-100 repurposes (all of them) the arty variants after the Hummel, the Jg2 (never got a prototype) are all paper tanks. Although it's funny, because the E-50 project seemed to have been more promising, especially since the E-100 was a giant brick that would have been stuck in the ground and taken out by aircraft before it would make it to battle.

For the US we have the upcoming T-28 prototype

The Brits gave us the AT-Xs, they were all pretty much drawings

And some more that come from lines we don't have

E-50M is a realistic conceptualisation, as is the GW Tiger (P). I don't think these tanks ever saw a blueprint. The E-100 variants are probably all fakes (The JPZ E100 was probably an SPG, as opposed to a tank destroyer. I think that one was considered, but again, never saw a blueprint. Again, it's a realistic one, as a front mounted gun would put too much stress on the suspension)

The E-100 project was actually lighter than the Maus, which did move under its own power. Yes, it was a colossal waste of effort, seeing how they actually built the hull. Aircraft would of done nasty things to it.

Odd you mention the T28 Prototype, seeing as the T28 we have ingame is a fake. There's proof in the Motor Pool section on this website.

BGUNTER #55 Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:58 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 7860 battles
Seen the E50 is what experts say would have been made in the war using what they had(Tiger 2 hulls etc). The E50M is what those drawing called for with rear tranny etc.  I never did find the blog post I first seen starting this thread, but those German arty and TD are the "fakes" it talked about. I love the blue print tanks seeing what could have been. My original intent with this topic was getting discussion on tanks that were completely thought up by WG. Not saying its bad or its suppost to be a sim. Just wanted opinions is all. The best example is the PC waffle tractor E100 like someone already brought up. Thanka to everyone who posted I have enjoyed reading them.

GrimGhost95 #56 Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 5890 battles
this kid is just trying to act like he know's every thing. they give you a back story on the tank when you highlight it

Fits like a glove

MegaB0B0 #57 Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9991 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 07 May 2014 - 09:46 PM, said:

You appear to have a few fact mixed up here. The E-100 chassis was built, thus very real, before being scrapped by the British. The WT E-100? I do not see that thing existing, or even being a paper project. I highly doubt Germany would build a hull so heavily armoured, then put a paper thin turret with a 15cm autoloader on it. Really defeats the objective of a heavily armoured tank. You have to remember, the Russians fielded thousands of Anti-Tank rifles. Whilst useless against a tanks frontal armour, against the 20mm turret on the WT E-100? The crew are not surviving that encounter.

E-50M is a realistic conceptualisation, as is the GW Tiger (P). I don't think these tanks ever saw a blueprint. The E-100 variants are probably all fakes (The JPZ E100 was probably an SPG, as opposed to a tank destroyer. I think that one was considered, but again, never saw a blueprint. Again, it's a realistic one, as a front mounted gun would put too much stress on the suspension)

The E-100 project was actually lighter than the Maus, which did move under its own power. Yes, it was a colossal waste of effort, seeing how they actually built the hull. Aircraft would of done nasty things to it.

Odd you mention the T28 Prototype, seeing as the T28 we have ingame is a fake. There's proof in the Motor Pool section on this website.

From my knowledge, the was just e100 the tank, no tank destroyer, cause the damn thing is slow enough, why make a Td version when you can put the same sort of gun on a e75 chassis. 

From the books I read, there were plans for a load of tank destroyers, the e-10 and e15 and e25 were Td first, light tank next. Where the e25 has a turret version that aim to replace panzer 4s role if nesscary. E50 in theory is a shortern chassis version of the e75, shares identical front section arm with smaller gun and turret and lighter than 50 ton. There would be a version of e50 as a Td arm with the e75 gun. Where as the e75 version of Td would pretty much look like an upscale jpanther with the muses gun.

i have yet to see a mention of design studies in the English language sources on variants of the e-100. The thing exists with chassis only and always been expected to use muse turret. 

I regret not getting one out of print book with a titled something like us and allied tank development 1916 to 195x, there would be more details on the load of us series in it. 

Joco3000 #58 Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:17 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26901 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostGrimGhost95, on 07 May 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

this kid is just trying to act like he know's every thing. they give you a back story on the tank when you highlight it

The In-game descriptions are not always correct. They aren't a bad start, but further research is never a bad idea. For example, the Panther/M10 (A tier 7 premium tank on the PC version) states that the tank fought in Feb 1945, when it actually fought in Dec 1944

View PostMegaB0B0, on 07 May 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

From my knowledge, the was just e100 the tank, no tank destroyer, cause the damn thing is slow enough, why make a Td version when you can put the same sort of gun on a e75 chassis. 

From the books I read, there were plans for a load of tank destroyers, the e-10 and e15 and e25 were Td first, light tank next. Where the e25 has a turret version that aim to replace panzer 4s role if nesscary. E50 in theory is a shortern chassis version of the e75, shares identical front section arm with smaller gun and turret and lighter than 50 ton. There would be a version of e50 as a Td arm with the e75 gun. Where as the e75 version of Td would pretty much look like an upscale jpanther with the muses gun.

i have yet to see a mention of design studies in the English language sources on variants of the e-100. The thing exists with chassis only and always been expected to use muse turret. 

I regret not getting one out of print book with a titled something like us and allied tank development 1916 to 195x, there would be more details on the load of us series in it. 

I've not heard of the E-15 before, nor have I heard of any plan to make TD variants of the E-50 and E-75. I'd have thought the E-75 TD would basically be a Jadgtiger. If I remember right, one of the lower E-Series was a modified version of the Pz 38 (t) (Pz 38 (d))

(E-75 gun would more than likely have been a 8.8cm. I don't think the 12.8cm could fit in a turret that size.)

MrWuvems #59 Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 10629 battles

View PostJoco3000, on 07 May 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

The E-50s do have the benefit of having been further in the design process, but it wasn't even modeled, putting it further behind in development than the GW Panther.

Yah the T-28 didn't really exist, but that was a matter of nomenclature. If you look at the pictures of it being shipped to Korea, you can see that it was very often in single-track mode, giving us the T-28 version with what we have as the T-95 being its FINAL FORM. The T-95 chassis was never built with a turreted version.

Joco3000 #60 Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26901 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTheMEagle, on 07 May 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

The E-50s do have the benefit of having been further in the design process, but it wasn't even modeled, putting it further behind in development than the GW Panther.

Yah the T-28 didn't really exist, but that was a matter of nomenclature. If you look at the pictures of it being shipped to Korea, you can see that it was very often in single-track mode, giving us the T-28 version with what we have as the T-95 being its FINAL FORM. The T-95 chassis was never built with a turreted version.

I'm on about the T28 in game. The real one had HVSS suspension, not VVSS. T28 Proto is another fake.

Didn't the GW Panther reach wooden mockup?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users