• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

Tiberius67 #81 Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:03 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 9329 battles
  • [PIGS]

View Postrainsilent, on 02 June 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

Technically the Nazis and Soviets were allies based upon their treaty. They weren't really much for allies but Hitler should have tried to really get them to side with the Nazis. They would have given the Germans a great production and resource center. If you think this possibility is far fetched remember the Soviets were the ones helping the Nazis rebuild militarily in the 30s. I find it somewhat ironic that they never became closer allies and rather became enemies.

It's not ironic at all. It was during the Freikorps/Weimar era that the Germans cooperated with the Soviets on things like Tank warfare. While the High Command was being just as opportunistic as Hitler was later in playing footsie with Stalin....the generals didn't subscribe to the quaint racial theories about Slavs that Hitler did....they detested Stalin and the Regime, but didn't consider Russians to be sub-humans. Hitler, on the other hand, honestly believed the nauseating theories he put in Mein Kampf and attempted to put them into practice the moment he could. For his part, to Stalin Hitler was a potential threat....and he dealt with threats by destroying them. The planet wasn't big enough for the both of them, they could never work together for long.

rainsilent #82 Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:49 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 4252 battles

View PostTiberius67, on 21 June 2014 - 11:03 PM, said:

It's not ironic at all. It was during the Freikorps/Weimar era that the Germans cooperated with the Soviets on things like Tank warfare. While the High Command was being just as opportunistic as Hitler was later in playing footsie with Stalin....the generals didn't subscribe to the quaint racial theories about Slavs that Hitler did....they detested Stalin and the Regime, but didn't consider Russians to be sub-humans. Hitler, on the other hand, honestly believed the nauseating theories he put in Mein Kampf and attempted to put them into practice the moment he could. For his part, to Stalin Hitler was a potential threat....and he dealt with threats by destroying them. The planet wasn't big enough for the both of them, they could never work together for long.

I completely understand all that. Had they become allies during the war it wouldn't have lasted. That is all obvious. My point was the shortsightedness of Hitler or more accurately his straight stupidity prevented him from seeing and using a potentially great ally.

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/25926-package-fixes-and-suggestions/

My list of suggested package changes. Matthew J35u5 has one as well. I suggest you take a look at his too and make your own suggestions in either.

olemanbyers #83 Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:31 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 8225 battles

View PostDennis420b, on 08 June 2014 - 04:45 AM, said:

"Manifest Destiny" was just a more successful and efficient "Lebensraum".

we actually ave the germans the idea of lebensraum. the original intent of it was colonies in africa and the pacific like other european powers not kill all the ukranians like it became.

we gave the germans lots of bad ideas, one being the sterilization laws for undesirables that were based on laws in california in the 20's. america was AMAZINGLY racist during that era,maybe more than the nazis,we just had so much hate (even among different groups of white people) we couldn't get the unity germany had.

dixie snr #84 Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

Private

• Players
  • 12421 battles

What would of happened If the Germans reached British shores and UK surrendered is question debated since that Glorious summer for the RAF. The Royal Family would quickly found its way to Canada with most of the Royal Navy. The far eastern colonies would most likely quickly tried to gain independence as the remains of the empire crumbled. With Garrison forces in the UK and France would Hitler have all his way with Russia? I doubt it. The Russian campaign would have had the same issues. Overstretched supply lines. The Free British forces would most likely opted for the enemy of my enemy is my friend approach and joined with Stalin to free Britain. If the Japs stuck to history and attacked the USA. The end result would of been the same but the war would of been fought East to West.

I don't think Britain would of joined forces with Hitler to fight Russia the same way Vichy France didn't. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users