Jump to content


Guide to Use Premium Tanks as Trainers Updated (April 20th 2017)


  • Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Sovietdeath #1 Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:11 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15356 battles
  • 20,363
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

Crew Training WG Article in Spoiler

Spoiler

 

To Earn the above training and skills this guide highlights the most efficient method to train crews, before we begin here are a few important points.

 

1)Premium tanks can only train crews of the SAME NATION.

  • Exceptions
  1. T-34-88 (russian/&German)
  2. AMX Chaffee (US/French)
  3. Legion (US/China)
  4. Captured KV-1 (Russian & German)

 

2) Moving a crew to a premium tank of the same nation is free and moving that crew back to its current tech tree (home) tank is free.

 

3) If a premium tank already came with a crew you will have to pay silver or gold to transfer him to a NON-Premium tank the 1st time (Now this crew will treat that tank as its "home" tank and can move between the premium and itself for free.)

 

4) Usually the lower the Tier of premium the better the XP bonus to it is, keep in mind though you have higher potential XP in higher tier matches.

  • Here are the  XP multipliers per tier (usually):
  • Tier II: 1.7x
  • Tier III: 1.6x
  • Tier IV: 1.5x
  • Tier V: 1.4x
  • Tier VI: 1.3x
  • Tier VII: 1.2x
  • Tier VIII: 1.1x

Now that those are taken care of let's get to the best way to train a crew, please open the spoiler below.

Spoiler

 

Comments and concerns are appreciated but please be constructive if possible



abhiop741 #2 Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:13 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 30600 battles
  • 5,503
  • [DICO]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013
Interesting method but a too big job for me : I have more than 100 tanks ! So I just recruit new crew with 80% training for my new tanks and never move the crew afterwards. So only the crew of my premium that I play most (IS-6, KV-5, Jagdtiger 8.8 cm, T-34 Heavy, Löwe, Super Pershing, T-23) are correctly trained and have between 4 and 7 abilities !
Once an active contributor on the French forum of WoT.

Sovietdeath #3 Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15356 battles
  • 20,363
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View Postabhiop741, on 08 June 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

Interesting method but a too big job for me : I have more than 100 tanks ! So I just recruit new crew with 80% training for my new tanks and never move the crew afterwards. So only the crew of my premium that I play most (IS-6, KV-5, Jagdtiger 8.8 cm, T-34 Heavy, Löwe, Super Pershing, T-23) are correctly trained and have between 4 and 7 abilities !

 

I do have quite a lot myself but do this to get my 75-80% crews to 100% then normally leave them on their respective tech tree tanks unless I feel like busting out my premiums for credit grinding



Roberts701 #4 Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 4063 battles
  • 802
  • Member since:
    08-26-2013

Thanks for the info, Crews and their management are kind of confusing for Xbox WOT this clears it up a little. Good post.



Sovietdeath #5 Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15356 battles
  • 20,363
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostRoberts701, on 08 June 2014 - 07:07 AM, said:

Thanks for the info, Crews and their management are kind of confusing for Xbox WOT this clears it up a little. Good post.

 

Yeah its easier once you understand the top 3 points I made at the beginning those are some of the usual complaints I've seen



zz SlowMoe zz #6 Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:16 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 34943 battles
  • 819
  • Member since:
    01-05-2014
OP, do you ever send a crew from a premium tank back to the barracks and save them to put back into the premium tank when it's time to build your war chest?

Sovietdeath #7 Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:30 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15356 battles
  • 20,363
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View Postzz SlowMoe zz, on 08 June 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

OP, do you ever send a crew from a premium tank back to the barracks and save them to put back into the premium tank when it's time to build your war chest?

I always put them in my highest tier tank or the newest tech tree tank I purchased for silver then put them back to the premium tank to train them back to 100% readyness

 

(I did do this early on with the release of the Russians though since putting them in tech tree tanks at low level was pointless.)



FATAL ASSERTION #8 Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21489 battles
  • 4,537
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014
Excellent explanation, sovietdeath.  They could use this as a basis to make a new training video on crews. On important distinction that doesn't go without saying ever here is crew xp and tank xp.  You should be specific in almost every instance using the term "xp", given the different types.


Sovietdeath #9 Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:05 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15356 battles
  • 20,363
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostFATAL ASSERTION, on 08 June 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

Excellent explanation, sovietdeath. They could use this as a basis to make a new training video on crews. On important distinction that doesn't go without saying ever here is crew xp and tank xp. You should be specific in almost every instance using the term "xp", given the different types.

 

I could but for now until they fix the slight unintended mistakes to crew xp earnings i didnt wanna be very specific on anything just wanted to show the best way to use premiums easily



LadyObscura WGA #10 Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

    Live Ops Producer

  • Developers
  • 1546 battles
  • 6,279
  • Member since:
    06-05-2013
Nice post, Soviet, I'm sure it'll be useful for a lot of tankers! :honoring:

UvilleBill #11 Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:50 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 18809 battles
  • 324
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

Thanks for this helpful guide, but I have to say transferring crews is so confusing (and potentially expensive if you make a mistake) that I have never transferred a crew.

 

The one that that totally confuses me is that most premium tanks come with a 100% trained crew-- so why in the world would you immediately transfer that crew out of the tank and into one where you : 1. -- have to pay silver to get it this crew just to 80%, 2. -- unless you play A LOT with that new (non premium) tank it will take awhile to get to 100% and 3.-- your premium tank that you paid real $$ for is without a crew!

 

Maybe I am missing something? I otherwise love this game but the crew system needs some tweaks here and there IMHO.



RAGNAR0K N ROLL #12 Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 19502 battles
  • 11,046
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2013
I really need to transfer the crew that came with my V/IV to something else so I can make mor use of it to train crews. Using the JT 8.8 and hopefully the T127 have already been pretty beneficial especially with the recent x5 and x2 crew weekends

The Warrior of The Wasteland...The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla....

 


LeftHandedMan36 #13 Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 1794 battles
  • 1,622
  • Member since:
    06-28-2013
My question about crews is about skill/perk training. Say if I give my commander repairs and complete it does that mean the entire crew is trained in repairs as well? Because on pc you have to train each member individually but you can train a different skill for each member all at once instead of picking one at a time like on here.
HR8v6r6.png

MaxChaos24 #14 Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:16 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13280 battles
  • 21,002
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostUzumaki669, on 09 June 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

My question about crews is about skill/perk training. Say if I give my commander repairs and complete it does that mean the entire crew is trained in repairs as well? Because on pc you have to train each member individually but you can train a different skill for each member all at once instead of picking one at a time like on here.

 

Yep, thats what it means. You only need to learn those skills have have 100% effect, unlike the PC version. 



LeftHandedMan36 #15 Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 1794 battles
  • 1,622
  • Member since:
    06-28-2013

View PostMaxChaos24, on 09 June 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:

 

Yep, thats what it means. You only need to learn those skills have have 100% effect, unlike the PC version. 

 

Good because I don't wanna regrind the same skill 4 or more times 1 at a time to make sure my whole crew gets it. lol


HR8v6r6.png

Sovietdeath #16 Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:46 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15356 battles
  • 20,363
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostUzumaki669, on 09 June 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

 

Good because I don't wanna regrind the same skill 4 or more times 1 at a time to make sure my whole crew gets it. lol

 

Yes this is the main advantage we have over PC

 

BiA repairs camo many other skills that normally need to be learned by multiple all get the skill for 1 skills worth of xp extremely useful



McArth1976 #17 Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 19868 battles
  • 1,819
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostSovietdeath, on 10 June 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

 

Yes this is the main advantage we have over PC

 

BiA repairs camo many other skills that normally need to be learned by multiple all get the skill for 1 skills worth of xp extremely useful

Just to ask the mentor perk which the commander assists training for the crew. Is there any point adding this if crew training not coming in?

 

 

 


" Illegitimi non carborundum" General Vinegar Joe Stillwell

 


Sovietdeath #18 Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:30 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15356 battles
  • 20,363
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostMcArth1976, on 10 June 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

Just to ask the mentor perk which the commander assists training for the crew. Is there any point adding this if crew training not coming in?

 

 

 

What Mentor does is increase the amount of crew xp you earn each match by a small percentage ... personally its the 1st skill I train on ALL of my crews



Sovietdeath #19 Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:13 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15356 battles
  • 20,363
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

My 1st 3 skills on most of my tanks are usually these.

 

1. Mentor

2. Brothers in Arms

3. For TDs and Lights Camouflage

    For Heavies Repairs

    For Artillery Clutch Breaking

    For Meds. Situational Awareness



OuterChimp7 #20 Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16648 battles
  • 1,285
  • Member since:
    04-20-2014

This is my first post ever, so here it goes.  This was a great post for newer players like me.  I learn a ton from the info you guys post. 

 

Thanks for the great post and keep it up.  There are a lot of folks out there that I'm sure learn from these posts too, just don't have the time to say thanks!






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users