Guide to Use Premium Tanks as Trainers Updated (April 20th 2017)

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

YoPapa59 #121 Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:26 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 66401 battles
  • [2-CAV]

Great post.

I would also add:

> to not forget that the "Mentor" skill works on a premium tank too.

> that a "Mastered" tank could also increase your Crew XP rate.  This is observational.  I have not seen anything from the developers on this.

When you get the right 5+ skills and perks for your tank your performance is noticeably enhanced.

Pulled all together, your premium Crew will develop at a higher than initially published. 

Edited by YoPapa59, 30 November 2016 - 12:31 AM.

YoPapa59 #122 Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:28 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 66401 battles
  • [2-CAV]

View PostSovietdeath, on 08 June 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

Crew Training WG Article in Spoiler

Spoiler

To Earn the above training and skills this guide highlights the most efficient method to train crews, before we begin here are a few important points.

1)Premium tanks can only train crews of the SAME NATION. (Exceptions: T-34-88 (russian/&German), AMX Chaffee (US/French))

2) Moving a crew to a premium tank of the same nation is free and moving that crew back to its original tank is free.

3) If a premium tank already came with a crew you will have to pay silver or gold to transfer him to a NON-Premium tank the 1st time (Now this crew will treat that tank as its "original" tank and can move between the premium and itself for free.)

4) Usually the lower the Tier of premium the better the XP bonus to it is, keep in mind though you have higher potential XP in higher tier matches.

• Here are the new XP multipliers per tier:
  • Tier II: 1.7x
  • Tier III: 1.6x
  • Tier IV: 1.5x
  • Tier V: 1.4x
  • Tier VI: 1.3x
  • Tier VII: 1.2x
  • Tier VIII: 1.1x

Now that those are taken care of let's get to the best way to train a crew, please open the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Comments and concerns are appreciated but please be constructive if possible

Great post.

I would also add:

> that a "Mastered" tank could also increase your Crew XP rate.  This is observational.  I have not seen anything from the developers on this.

When you get the right 5+ skills and perks for your tank your performance is noticeably enhanced.

leova #123 Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:45 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11351 battles
  • [47R]

View PostYoPapa59, on 29 November 2016 - 07:28 PM, said:

I would also add:

there is no benefit for simply having 100% Tank Training with a Crew

however, there IS a benefit for Elite Tanks (fully researched and also the tank(s) that follows it researched), namely 25% Bonus Crew XP. This also applies for Premium tanks since they are automatically Elite

mrcrazylady1963 #124 Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:01 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8970 battles

View PostOuterChimp7, on 19 June 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

This is my first post ever, so here it goes.  This was a great post for newer players like me.  I learn a ton from the info you guys post. 

Thanks for the great post and keep it up.  There are a lot of folks out there that I'm sure learn from these posts too, just don't have the time to say thanks!

Top first post, thanks for all helpfull posts. I t has(along with console you tube unicon vids) made the game easier to understand, that is the real point I think, education through peer Q@A is adding to player quality therefore enjoyment all questions great and small. It is a long haul from wondering why you are so crap to finding out and improving your effectivness.10/10. GG

Panthfelis #125 Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:04 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22252 battles
  • [RELIC]

I use this method for training my crews and it works fast.:great:

When training a crew that already has a few skills, instead of using the transfer crew option, After I get the daily x2 I go to the next tank which has no crew and press A to start a battle. Since there is no crew, the choose crew screen opens, and all crews available are listed in descending order. Select the crew you just played or if not back from battle select the next crew to train. I have one crew with 11 skills and the crew below him has 8 or 9 and that's just the USA line.

:B

~ =^"""^= ~

Mister57x317 #126 Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:43 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2980 battles

Bumping this is a good idea. 

I didn't buy a premium tank until I'd played about 30 days.

I didn't use the crew training property of said premium until about 40 days in. Something worth mentioning if any truly new player who doesn't know reads this: 

The upcoming event starting this weekend.

The Mars chaffee is a premium tank and it will train ALL nations crews. 

So if a new player reads this, you'd be smart to use the Mars chaffee to train your crews especially if you don't have a premium tank yet.

november9er #127 Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:25 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 33849 battles
Thanxz heaps.
But is this still the case for yr 2017 ?
Also this would mean purchasing a minimum of 2 premium tanks per nation yeah ?

Sovietdeath #128 Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:50 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15356 battles

View Postnovember9er, on 20 April 2017 - 12:25 AM, said:

Thanxz heaps.
But is this still the case for yr 2017 ?
Yes
Also this would mean purchasing a minimum of 2 premium tanks per nation yeah ?
I mean you could just use 1 Premium per nation, its certainly a thing but I currently own 109 Premium tanks, hell i wish i had the time to play them all in a day.

Answered in quote

also i updated the Exception list

Shyber1969 #129 Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17484 battles
  • [LUCK]
I was reading from your original posts in 2014.  Is the penalty issue in different class tanks still in effect or has this been taking care of with an update?  If this has been answered in the past I am sorry I missed it.

I look forward to your reply.  

Thanks,

Shyber1969
banner.png

Sovietdeath #130 Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:02 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15356 battles

View PostShyber1969, on 31 May 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

I was reading from your original posts in 2014. Is the penalty issue in different class tanks still in effect or has this been taking care of with an update? If this has been answered in the past I am sorry I missed it.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Shyber1969

Yes, which is why it was removed from the main post, I believe it was removed on update 1.3 but i could be mistaken on which update.

mrcrazylady1963 #131 Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:19 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8970 battles

View PostYoPapa59, on 30 November 2016 - 12:28 AM, said:

Great post.

I would also add:

One more thing to add. Tank crews can lose memory of home tanks when game is updating. Fix can be a bug. Bug can be a bugbear. I hate 'bots. Love and peace to all else, Johnno.

ralfybaby62 #132 Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23707 battles
  • [10SR]

View Postmrcrazylady1963, on 03 June 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

One more thing to add. Tank crews can lose memory of home tanks when game is updating. Fix can be a bug. Bug can be a bugbear. I hate 'bots. Love and peace to all else, Johnno.

That only happened once and we were given the gold necessary to restore the crews to their home tanks. 

Which I and others used to buy a few premium tanks, and just trained up the crews again. 

If WG want to throw us that bug again I want to be informed in advance so I can put all my TT crews in premium tanks so they can all lose their home tank. 

xMINORx #133 Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26955 battles
  • [AMS]

View PostSovietdeath, on 08 June 2014 - 03:11 AM, said:

Crew Training WG Article in Spoiler

Spoiler

To Earn the above training and skills this guide highlights the most efficient method to train crews, before we begin here are a few important points.

1)Premium tanks can only train crews of the SAME NATION.

• Exceptions
  1. T-34-88 (russian/&German)
  2. AMX Chaffee (US/French)
  3. Legion (US/China)
  4. Captured KV-1 (Russian & German)

2) Moving a crew to a premium tank of the same nation is free and moving that crew back to its current tech tree (home) tank is free.

3) If a premium tank already came with a crew you will have to pay silver or gold to transfer him to a NON-Premium tank the 1st time (Now this crew will treat that tank as its "home" tank and can move between the premium and itself for free.)

4) Usually the lower the Tier of premium the better the XP bonus to it is, keep in mind though you have higher potential XP in higher tier matches.

• Here are the  XP multipliers per tier (usually):
  • Tier II: 1.7x
  • Tier III: 1.6x
  • Tier IV: 1.5x
  • Tier V: 1.4x
  • Tier VI: 1.3x
  • Tier VII: 1.2x
  • Tier VIII: 1.1x

Now that those are taken care of let's get to the best way to train a crew, please open the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Comments and concerns are appreciated but please be constructive if possible

Good post. this method works great and as stated by not having crews on your premium tanks the amount of time it takes to transfer is minimal.

I believe this subject was brought up but if you forget where your crew came from just keep trying until you are not asked for silver/gold.

mrcrazylady1963 #134 Posted 08 June 2017 - 01:04 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8970 battles

View Postralfybaby62, on 06 June 2017 - 09:14 PM, said:

That only happened once and we were given the gold necessary to restore the crews to their home tanks. 

Which I and others used to buy a few premium tanks, and just trained up the crews again. 

If WG want to throw us that bug again I want to be informed in advance so I can put all my TT crews in premium tanks so they can all lose their home tank. 

Gold was NOT given to all, plenty were passed over, I had to argue extra hard to get a listen. I did not recieve full compensation nor did plenty of others. it took weeks to get my under- payment, I have not played since. I will however keep bringing it up because so players were not given the facts. Your statement proves that point because you were obviously not aware other players were not compensated till well after the offence.I am STILL waiting for an apology for not believing my ticket claim in the first place. I HATE being told I am a liar. This could all have been fixed with human contact first not a 'bot . I am human I notice this stuff. Pretty bad PR is all I was trying to relate but who gives a sh** right? Only trying to improve a reasonable product and marry it to a decent service. That would be bliss and I could start playing again(even invite some of my retired friends to bolster the numbers). Peace and love to all except 'bots Johnno.

Lezuka #135 Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:45 PM

Private

• Players
  • 23202 battles
  • [GENE]

Hey

I think Mentor is good after 8th or 12th skill. Ok 10 % xp, but a lot of skill gives you more "power" to win. 

I allways transfer crews. 

On Leopard PTA

1. Sisth Sense

2. Snap Shot

3. Smooth Ride

4. Repair

5. Brother In Arms

6. Safe Stowage

7. Clulch Braking

8. Off.Road

9. Firefighting

10. Situational Awarnesss

11. Recon

12. Camouflage

13. Muffled Shot

14. Green Thumb

15. Deadeye

16.Track Mechanic

I use it with Russian and Chinese Crews too and if i play with heavies, i change Camo-Muffled-Green trio to Armorer-JAck of All-Pain Tolerance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users