New Crew Transfer Cost Chart!

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

leova #41 Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:36 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11351 battles
  • [47R]

Notice that I'm replying to the guy above me, who did NOT post 4 months ago...

and yet still has the same question

So I gave him an answer :)

AnokaBrewer #42 Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:52 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 4707 battles
  • [BDKMA]

Thanks Leova, I was wondering what was meant about the 4 month old post, which I could not figure out.

I agree that this really sucks and it is certainly a disincentive to try and train a crew in multiple tanks, or to purchase new tanks. 

I know have several tanks without crews in them that I will probably not use, as I have to pay to train a crew each time I want to use them, which is not very cost effective. From what understand, I cant recruit a new crew unless I sell my old tank, and then buy it back. 

leova #43 Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:07 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11351 battles
  • [47R]

Block Quote

From what understand, I cant recruit a new crew unless I sell my old tank, and then buy it back. 

You can train as many crews as you like, all you need is an "empty tank". Either transfer the crew to a Premium, or Dismiss them (DO NOT DISMISS CREWS WITH SKILLS or high training levels, as dismissed Crews are gone forever)

2 - DONT pay for 75% training on any tanks Tier 4 or lower, unless you plan to keep them permanently. Train 75% or more on EVERY tank at Tiers 5 and up

Block Quote

I know have several tanks without crews in them that I will probably not use, as I have to pay to train a crew each time I want to use them

This is incorrect, you should only ever train a Crew for a Tank ONCE, and keep that crew in there forever. DO NOT TRANSFER THEM TO ANOTHER TANK, or you will pay to Re-Train every single time (except Premium tanks, you can transfer to/from them without penalty)

Typical strategy:

1- Buy a Tier 5 tank, Train Crew to 75% for it, play the tank.

2 - When the Tier 5 is done, your Crew should be highly trained, usually 100% or more.

3 - Buy the next Tier 6 tank, then either:

a) Transfer your Tier-5 crew over and sell the Tier 5 if you won't be using it again

or b) Pay for a fresh 75% crew on the Tier 6 tank

4 - Your Tier-6 tank should now have an already-leveled Crew, usually with a Skill partially learned and 75% tank skills

4a - If you DO NOT pick a SKill/Perk after they reach 100%, they will Bank up/Save that XP, so when you transfer them to another tank at 75% training-level, they'll actually start with more than that as they will apply their Saved XP to it

Hope this helps :)

Molby242 #44 Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:39 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4774 battles
I've been having trouble transferring my crew that is native to my T1E6 (free premium from a while back) into any other tank without the prompt to pay the transfer fee. I've never had issue before and it seemed to happen after the French update. Has anyone else noticed this, or should I submit a ticket? 

leova #45 Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11351 battles
  • [47R]

View PostMolby242, on 03 December 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

I've been having trouble transferring my crew that is native to my T1E6 (free premium from a while back) into any other tank without the prompt to pay the transfer fee. I've never had issue before and it seemed to happen after the French update. Has anyone else noticed this, or should I submit a ticket? 

This is actually the way its supposed to work. The issue with Premium-Included-Crews is that they do not have a regular "Home Tank", so if you transfer them to ANY non-Premium tank, it will make THAT their home tank and require re-training.

Its a silly system, and a poor choice that results in Premium-Included-Crews being VERY lacking in usefulness.

This needs to be Updated to allow a single Free Transfer from all Premium Crews....

TangoLit #46 Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29342 battles
  • [BANE]

View Postleova, on 04 December 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

This needs to be Updated to allow a single Free Transfer from all Premium Crews....

That's a great idea.  It seems like the way it's done now is a "not quite there" fully trained crew since in reality it can't get reassigned the way a player should be doing anyway (as we've all talked about, and for the benefit of new readers one should never keep a crew in a Premium tank since that Premium tank can use a crew from any in-nation tank with no crew XP cost for transfers).

Here's an alternative way to fix it instead of coding in a "one free transfer" (assuming that's not possible within the current code construct):  just include enough crew xp to make the first transfer free.  Since the transfer to a different tank type would cost 80k, then make the Premium Crews have full training plus an 80k reserve.  Then the person can choose to:

1. Keep the crew in the Premium tank and use the extra XP there toward a perk/skill (not a recommended strategy, but it's a choice), or
  2. Move the crew to a same-type tank (like medium to medium).  You'll spend 40k of your 80k, so you'll end up with a fully trained crew that has an extra 40k of crew XP on it which can then be saved for the next crew transfer or spent toward a new perk/skill (this seems like the most "lucrative" option), or
  3. Move the crew to a different tank type (such as medium to light).  You'll spend all your extra crew XP to do it, but you now actually have a usable 100% crew like is conceptually sold to us when we buy Premium tanks.

As it is now (and more for the benefit of other readers since I know you get all of this), I play the fully trained crew from a new Premium tank (in the Premium tank) for about 22,000 and then either assign it elsewhere or put it in reserve for later.  This number is no longer correct since the Premium tank crew XP is entirely different at every tier and in other ways completely confusing.  Before the last update this 22k figure was the equivalent of the 40k of crew XP needed to move it to a same-type tank (I call this "Overtraining").  Essentially I gave it enough training to make it useful.

Git gud here:  bit.ly/tankguide (I should read this).  On Track list.

8000 is better than 11090 - shaunw2010

leova #47 Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11351 battles
  • [47R]

That's a good idea as well, and certainly easier to implement than coding in Free Transfers, I'd imagine....

Molby242 #48 Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:58 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4774 battles

View Postleova, on 04 December 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

This is actually the way its supposed to work. The issue with Premium-Included-Crews is that they do not have a regular "Home Tank", so if you transfer them to ANY non-Premium tank, it will make THAT their home tank and require re-training.

Yea I realized this afterwards. I got confused because I hadn't played for a while and saw my crew from the Ram II in my M4 and I thought I transferred them without cost, when in reality I forgot I had paid for them to be there. 

OGBKILLER45 #49 Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:24 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12789 battles

sorry if this was already covered, but...

from this thread, it sounds like you can use a premium tank to train ANY crew from ANY tank (as long as they are the same country), regardless of tank type.  that is, with a premium american heavy, i can train any american crew, from a light to arty or whatever.

but this morning, i was looking at the heavy specials, and each one specifically said it was "a good way to train your (country) heavy crews".

i'm back to being confused :confused:

so my question, if i buy the t14, can i use it to train any american crew?

thanks in advance

Because I'm an OGRE!

leova #50 Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:29 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11351 battles
  • [47R]

you are right in thinking what you're thinking (and yes, t14 can train any american crew)

the specials-info is based off of the PC version, where they DID lose performance in cross-class work. this was also present early in WoT, but removed in a patch

OGBKILLER45 #51 Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:13 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12789 battles

thanks for the help

i think im buying me my 1st premium!!

Because I'm an OGRE!

leova #52 Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:51 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11351 battles
  • [47R]

you're welcome

as someone who owns both the T14 and the Church3, i would highly recommend the Churchill 3 instead, but if you want a specifically American one then that's not an option =P

Navyman8390 #53 Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:36 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 14186 battles
So if I earn skills and perks with Wardaddy I can move them from Fury to tech tree M4 for free and retain 100% and skills?

twocruel4u2c #54 Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:11 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15229 battles
No

View PostNavyman8390, on 29 January 2015 - 11:36 PM, said:

So if I earn skills and perks with Wardaddy I can move them from Fury to tech tree M4 for free and retain 100% and skills?

it will cost you going from Premium to non premium.   You can go from non premium to premium then back to the same non premium.    M4 to Fury to M4 without cost  but not Fury to M4 first.   I think I am saying this right.

Need to add this  you can over train a crew and it wont cost.  do extra 30 battles in Fury after the little (+) shows up then it wouldn't cost you to switch it I believe.

Edited by twocruel4u2c, 30 January 2015 - 05:14 AM.

Knipsel CrunchU #55 Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:27 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36565 battles
  • [RAM-U]
Over training the crew is a fantastic way to immediately have a 100% trained crew without paying gold.  The trick is to document the xp level at which you reached 100%.  After reading as much as possible on this, you will need around 22,000 extra xp (earned after + symbol is shown) to be able to transfer crew and have them at 100%.  I just did this for my Pz. Sfl. IV c and it worked.  I then decided to transfer my Grille crew to my Nashorn because they had camo, but was unsure how much extra xp was earned.  I was woefully short.  I am going to try and train a crew to 50,000 + xp to see if they will be at 100% after a free transfer.  As for crew training, premium tanks are awesome.  I resisted, but after slogging through the Tiger I grind with an untrained crew, I realized I needed a trainer.  Additionally, premiums are money makers and I need $2.5 for the Tiger II.  I got the KV-220 and the E-25.  I was able to train most of my crews in a short amount of time to 100% (either standard or in their perk/skill).  I am making roughly $35 to $50k with the E-25, a bit less with the KV-220.  The training was so good that I wanted an American trainer and splurged on the Founders Pack.  I am still learning how to play the T-23, but it has really churned out the cash.   I really want a British trainer, but have not been convinced by any of the available premiums.  A premium account will also accelerate the crew training especially coupled with the premium tanks, but that takes real cash.

Richtoflen #56 Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:32 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 8906 battles
  • [-OFF-]
I think it is really silly how a crew all of a sudden forgets to use a tank they had previously used. I could understand if you train them down a different branch/class, but to forget how to say drive the tiger after getting the tigerII just does not make sense. All crew imho should retain knowledge of how to drive previous tanks they have used in the same branch.

squidkilla1179 #57 Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:15 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11541 battles

View PostRichtoflen, on 22 February 2015 - 10:32 PM, said:

I think it is really silly how a crew all of a sudden forgets to use a tank they had previously used. I could understand if you train them down a different branch/class, but to forget how to say drive the tiger after getting the tigerII just does not make sense. All crew imho should retain knowledge of how to drive previous tanks they have used in the same branch.

I agree man.  Very frustrating.   Ive always sold tanks when ive moved down the line, more for silver economics than anything.  But I recently got the big Waffle, and kept the baby Waffle IV.  I also expected to be able to move the crew back and forth for free.  Man was I disappointed.   I mean, like you said, the crew was already trsined on the previous tank.  I ended up selling the tier 9 as a result.  Disappointing. 

Bamanutt #58 Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 33163 battles
  • [HIT]

View PostRichtoflen, on 22 February 2015 - 08:32 PM, said:

think of it as being a bit rusty in the older technology & as your crewman get older there less efficient in a tank they don't use very often.  :-)

DUTCHMASTER803 #59 Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:35 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 23429 battles
  • [CCSC]

Thank you WG and knowledgable forumers. I had a few ?s myself.  

1. which tank provides more crew xp  lets say I use my T2 light and afterwards transfer the crew to the T14 both tanks have the same results at the end of the match, same xp, same silver etc. b/c the T2 has a smaller crewdoes that mean more xp for the tank commander? or will the T14 earn more b/c its a higher tier

2. It seems to me that certain tanks get certain maps more than others. I dont use my Freedom often but when I do it usually will somehow always play on the Komarian map or my US T34 always gets lakeville etc. is there any truth to this?

3. The tank commander/crew are the ones that have the skills/perks not the tanks. A couple of earlier posts got me confused and I wanna make sure

The deeper I get in this game the more it seems like it really is more about the crew than the tank.  So my last question is will we ever be able to customise our crews like what they look like and what thier names are? Ive have 2 TC that have the same first name and are twins

MichiganWildcat #60 Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:26 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15797 battles
Too lazy to see if this has ever been brought up before.  But has WG ever thought of allowing us to purchase a perk or skill? I'd drop a fair amount of gold if I didn't have to grind away just to get me recon, sit.aware. etc. I run my crews through my premiums but still find it a bit of a monotonous hole to work through.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users