Cromwell

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

DamnGunner #21 Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:00 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22795 battles

View PostRockbourn, on 28 July 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

I am absolutely terrible in this tanks. I have an absolute blast with it, but I just can't seem to stay out of harms way with it.

Of all the games I've played in it, I think I've survived 1.

I've watched all the videos, read the wiki and "strategy" articles, like I do with all my tanks, but this one is just not "clicking" for me.

Any tips?

Not any good tips anyways....:teethhappy:

Just keep having fun. I am not very good with mine either. I just go out, have a blast, and see how long I stay alive. I have somehow managed to stay in the positive that way. 

I am never too concerned with stats. For me, fun is what this tank is about.

AnubisSquid20 #22 Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:42 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25915 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

I took to the valley on Lakeville...ran right through my heavies right over the ridge...through 5 reds and out and around the hill...never got touched.  Slammed a t-32 twice in the bum set a tiger on fire twice and went right on through their spawn to the town to die a horrible death when I rounded a corner and ran slap into a T-29.  I hit him so hard I lost half my health!!!!  Got a ton of spotting damage and XP on that one!!!  Funny thing is....after I shot the gap...all 8...yes 8 of my team mates decided to bum rush the ridge and we won in an easy manner!!!!

DamnGunner #23 Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:39 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22795 battles
Good times!!!

Taffwob #24 Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:52 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7351 battles
Loved the Cromwell, not my usual style of play to go zooming around the enemies backyard non stop, I'm too clumsy,  but I used it as a fairly effective hit & run flanker. I found the Comet to be an absolute howler after using the Cromwell. A bit too slow for hit & run & the gun was like a chocolate teapot at its Tier. I couldn't be bothered to grind it up to a decent upgrade. Really gipped that I sold my Cromwell to buy it.

rick007cmx1 #25 Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58909 battles
Centurion with the last package makes it all better.

Lowgun107 #26 Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 32187 battles
  • [LIGHT]

View PostRockbourn, on 28 July 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

I am absolutely terrible in this tanks. I have an absolute blast with it, but I just can't seem to stay out of harms way with it.

Of all the games I've played in it, I think I've survived 1.

I've watched all the videos, read the wiki and "strategy" articles, like I do with all my tanks, but this one is just not "clicking" for me.

Any tips?

In the same boat, kept after I bought the Comet, cause it is such fun, but I just can't make it perform yet.

DamnGunner #27 Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22795 battles

Ok so the Cromwell is not a guaranteed good game. It took me a long time to learn how I could get decent points. I would not be surprised if others do struggle with it. 

I know a lot of the time I still do.

I have been playing a lot of light tanks lately(you gotta try that T71 if you think the Cromwell is fun), and there was a thread made about scouting. ii Nuer 1 x posted a link  they said helped them very much. I went and read it, and I have found a whole new game. Thanks Nuer!(and of course Taz, who made the site)

I know this is a medium tank we are talking about, but it is a fast medium, with workable view range. I was trying to use mine mostly as a heavy scout before anyway. After studying the techniques outlined in the site for the link below, my game has changed a lot, and the strategies I was attempting before have become more effective.

Pay attention to the parts about "Half-court" scouting, Intercepting and especially about not going out with one type of play in mind.

Constantly check your map to see where you can actually be useful. This tank is fast enough to respond where many others could not.

And above all else, STAY FLUID TO THE SITUATION!!!

Here is that link. I think these tips kinda help with mediums as well, and have turned my game around in lights.

Good Luck, and once again, thanks Nuer 1 for turning me on to that site!

http://www.tazilon.net/

DamnGunner #28 Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:39 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22795 battles

THE TLDR VERSION-

http://www.tazilon.net/

Be a better scout! I think this helps with the Mediums as well.

Good Luck!

Also tagged with Cromwell

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users