Rube Goldberg Tank Gun!

Rube Goldberg WoT 360 XBOX Contest Youtube

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

HBFT WGA #41 Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 289 battles
Just wanted to remind everyone that tonight is the last night for submissions before the Rube-Goldberg contest is closed, so get in your entries for a chance to win! :)

khybercan #42 Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12043 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 27 June 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

Your video is set to private. You'll want it on Unlisted or Public. 

I saw your video. If the separate segments don't negatively affect the rating of your video then you won. CONGRATS on 6000 gold and a week of premium.

JakeLandon #43 Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:54 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18689 battles
  • [LION]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 27 June 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

Here is my New Contest Entry. A quick description of what is happening

• I cut a string holding a battery
  • Battery swings into Video tapes starting domino effect
  • Last Video tape drops onto a spoon launching a Marble into the tube
  • Marble Zig-Zags down the wall and lands in a Jar
  • The weight of the Marble activates the see-saw lifting the candle in the air
  • Candle burns through some fishing line holding up a weighted bag
  • Weighted bag drops which lifts the "breach of the barrel"
  • This cause the "gun" to launch an HE round. 
  • The HE round uses splash damage to take out the target. 

This gun is shooting AP rounds in the video (Smaller ball). I first used HE rounds (larger ball) but true to their nature, it was widely inaccurate and usually missed the target. Hope you enjoy. 

The Cats have hidden my AP round that I used during the first attempt, so I had to use my HE round. I wasn't lying about it being inaccurate but at least it took out the target with "Splash" damage. :great:

I had to film it in pieces so you could see what was happening. Hopefully thats ok. I did my best at putting the pieces together for you. 

Here is video walkthrough of the set-up. 

Awesome, dude! thanks for sharing.

"I don't demand that people think or behave the way I do. I have just as many questions about my own ideas as other people might have about my ideas. I'm not convinced I'm absolutely right all the time, but I'll take the chance and state my opinion at the time that I have it. I may regret it later, I may even change my mind later, but I take a stand."-  Frank Zappa

JakeLandon #44 Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:56 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18689 battles
  • [LION]

View PostEFLICK72, on 15 July 2014 - 01:52 AM, said:

heres my rube Goldberg machine, used my macdev paintball gun to make a "luchs" taking out opfor arty

haha awesome!  You are all so creative! :)

~HBFT

Simple, but enjoyable, specially like that the target is arty, thanks for sharing.

"I don't demand that people think or behave the way I do. I have just as many questions about my own ideas as other people might have about my ideas. I'm not convinced I'm absolutely right all the time, but I'll take the chance and state my opinion at the time that I have it. I may regret it later, I may even change my mind later, but I take a stand."-  Frank Zappa

ADDPaladin #45 Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:42 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7861 battles

Here is the link to mine it is set to unlisted. I broke the stick that pushes my burning boat through the water on a misfire so was a little disappointed at how long it took to burn through the line but oh well. It still turned out pretty awesome even if the fire didn't quite work as planned. Here is the shell from it too.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/15gyqs0.jpg

It wouldn't let me embed it for some reason and want to make sure it is entered.

https://www.youtube....h?v=DUXzIylvu1w

it's a dumbell rools down the board knocks ofer the row of books the last book has a stick on it to push the flaming boat across the plastic tote(sadly it didn't go the fulkl way across like i wanted it to because the stick broke in a misfire of the books) which then burns the thread holding the 25or so lbs of cat litter  that drops on the soda bottle launching the shell out from in the pvc barrel hitting the target. Looking back at the video the hole I thought was where it went through at was already there so I'm guessing that the shell was more on target but the paper wasn't taught enough for it to go all the way through. Hence you cxan hear it hit the paper but not go through. It's kind of funny though beccause the shell bounced all the way back and behind the hetzer and just to the side of it. I was really hoping for it to tear the paper so i could see just where it landed but oh well.

Edited by ADDPaladin, 16 July 2014 - 02:14 PM.

EFLICK72 #46 Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:35 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 6103 battles
If the fire was already burning, what did the part before it do? I couldnt tell. But still cool.

TangoWhisky07 #47 Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:35 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17498 battles

So here's the steps that worked... spent too much time not to share at least this much. congrats to those who win!

;-)

EFLICK72 #48 Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:42 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 6103 battles
Tell me about it, the original "Arty" was just made out of a box, and the paintballs would just shoot thru it. I must have filmed mine at least 5 times, had to make a new Arty from tupperware and tape cardboard to it so it would be able to see the "hit"

JakeLandon #49 Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:42 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18689 battles
  • [LION]

View PostTangoWhisky07, on 16 July 2014 - 04:35 AM, said:

So here's the steps that worked... spent too much time not to share at least this much. congrats to those who win!

;-)

I think is a cool and funny video, dude, for some reason it reminds me of the aiming time on my T-34, thanks for sharing.

Edited by JakeLandon, 16 July 2014 - 04:44 AM.

JakeLandon #50 Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:44 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18689 battles
  • [LION]
Good luck everybody, hope the ones that doesn't win at least get some sort of consolation prize or at least that there are honorific mentions, I for one, enjoyed each video. Thanks all for sharing.

Edited by JakeLandon, 16 July 2014 - 05:08 AM.

EFLICK72 #51 Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 6103 battles
Good luck everybody, there were some really cool ideas in some of these RG's

HBFT WGA #52 Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 289 battles
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Rube-Goldberg Gun event!  I absolutely love watching these videos with all of their moving parts and "over complicated-ness".  I am closing this thread to allow for judging to occur.  The results should be up later today! :)

ADDPaladin #53 Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7861 battles

View PostEFLICK72, on 16 July 2014 - 04:42 AM, said:

Tell me about it, the original "Arty" was just made out of a box, and the paintballs would just shoot thru it. I must have filmed mine at least 5 times, had to make a new Arty from tupperware and tape cardboard to it so it would be able to see the "hit"

that's why I had to drop the crossbow idea I mean it's made to kill deer and I could only reduce the tention on it so much. still turned out pretty cool. I think it's a pretty even match for second and thrid but maxchaos has 1st no doubt. I'm just happy I could get mine finished the way my kids have been the past few weeks. A 3 year old, a 2 year old, and a 4 month old are a handful to be sure.

EFLICK72 #54 Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 6103 battles
Max's is the most technically creative, your 2l air gun is a genius idea as well,

HBFT WGA #55 Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:29 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 289 battles

After some heavy deliberation, we finally arrived at our winners!  Without further ado, these are the Top 3 submissions for seriously overly-complicated gun loading mechanisms:

Winners:

1st place: 6,000 Gold + 1 week of Premium Time (MaxChaos24)

2nd place: 4,000 Gold + 1 week of Premium Time (TangoWhisky07)

3rd place: 2,500 Gold + 1 week of Premium Time (ADDPaladin)

Congratulations and thank you to everyone who participated.  Your entries were a huge hit around the office! :)

Also tagged with Rube, Goldberg, WoT, 360, XBOX, Contest, Youtube

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users