team PC team 360 1.3 German nerf buff release balance

• Please log in to reply
512 replies to this topic

IKickedUrBeaver #41 Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19293 battles
  • [BNKR]

I read the entire post because you took the time to put it together.  I find it insulting that others hadn't the time to read it, but they sure had the time to respond to it.

At any rate, thank you for the well thought out letter.  I'd sign my name at the bottom if I could, as in its entirety, it expresses concerns I have as well.

Imhidingshh #42 Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:17 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17543 battles
  • [BNKR]
Erm, has anyone noticed the silver payout reduction at all?

#BUNKER!! 

The only team in WoT is the yellow team

#BRING BACK LADY O

Nether Comet #43 Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24192 battles
  • [DMFR]

Thank you OP for a concise, clearly well thought out and very apt post. I wholeheartedly agree. 

Si vis pacem para bellum - If you want peace prepare for war

Kermodie #44 Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 4640 battles

View PostSquidFire, on 09 July 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

If they offered a premium tank which was intentionally OP, the game would lean more towards a pay to win mentality. WOT prides itself in being a FTP game. So that means everything, including things that are paid for, need to be balanced.

No FTP simple means the game itself has no cost. Your argument of fair and balanced falls down as soon as a rare or very exclusive item is offered with in game purchase.

While it is not pay to win it is not every thing has to be fair and balanced either. 

DoggieDaddyDave #45 Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11313 battles

View PostMatthew J35U5, on 09 July 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

@OP, didn't the Tiger and Tiger II not have their engines removed?

I have a fully upgraded Tiger II.  I played it last night and this morning and didn't notice that it was any slower than before the update, but that's just me.

OnExShOtxKiLeR #46 Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10313 battles
  • [RDDT]

View Postogon peredyshku, on 09 July 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

View PostAnyOLName, on 09 July 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

Yes, It's a wall o text. Look how big it is.

Yes, I read it all... It's a little biased....

Still waiting on a response.

"Biased"... As in you dont agree so clearly he is exaggerating. 

Um, no, that's not what biased means. Biased means to be prejudiced towards one side of an argument, not to exaggerate something. In this case yes, the OP is biased towards the PC Team by wanting the buffs to be made and making the game more in terms with the PC Version of the game (I myself agree with this). But AnyOLName was not saying the OP was exaggerating in his comment, it was only you misinterpreting what he was saying by not knowing what "Biased" meant.

mastasmoka83 #47 Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9081 battles

Ok you guys there is always the wot wiki or the wot mobile app where you can check and compare the packages to ours since they list the PC version. I fear to even tell ya.. But the fact is if we follow PC version the Tiger II. will get another engine nerf loosing the Maybach 234 (top will be Maybach 230 > 700hp ).

Altough the RoF will increase from 5.3 to 5.77. 

By the way nice post since Im not very with the nerf either but could you some numbers to make things clear.

"JagdTiger kein FruchtTiger" 

HAWKLANDER #48 Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18063 battles
Very well written , agree 100 % ..... A +1 given

Sgt DAD24 #49 Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 11286 battles
Well put, OP agree 100%. I do run some other tanks but would have to consider myself a German Tanker as well, and find this update less than satisfactory.  Ran a bunch of my German Steel last nite and holy crap!!!! The VK30.01 is now slower than the 36.01 which is slower than pre update. My V/IV is slower and looks like crap with the spaced turret armor. Tiger 1 seemed ok but was at Himmelsdorf in the lower city so speed seemed ok.  Panther 1 seemed ok, Panther 2 couldnt bust 7 kph going uphill, really? How are we supposed to move around for crying out loud, these tanks aren't Brits! Plus it was fun resetting all my packages and consumables. Hetz und Stug seemed ok. Sorry for the rant, and am probably preaching to the choir here but this really crushes the game I have really enjoyed since back in the Beta. Hope this gets settled. Please!!!

HAWKLANDER #50 Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:11 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 18063 battles

E-75 is ok on level ground but uphill ,  sand , marsh  ........ ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG !!!!!!  Garbage !!!!!!  What ever you do , keep a repair kit because when the E-75 gets hit in the engine ........... :facepalm:    Makes the stock motor look like a jet engine ,,,, Your E-75 turns into a great big rock !!!!

LivedWolf062105 #51 Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7529 battles
Have 24 Garage Slots, 16 are filled with German tanks (2, almost 3 more are researched)  . Just took the VK 36 out and it has lot all of its character., let alone its bite.

I am fearful of what my experience in the Tiger will be after the VK and reading this.

The Tiger was already lacking in speed compared to others in its class as well as the armor.

I can only vote with my play time and money and WOT will lose me as a player if the German line is to be butchered.

ixx HAMBO xxi #52 Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24218 battles

Great post OP. I agree 100%.

WG ! In this life or the next, I will have my vengeance for this uncalled for Nerf.

OnExShOtxKiLeR #53 Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10313 battles
  • [RDDT]
I'm honestly surprised WG hasn't responded to this. OP just called WG out and yet they don't show or even acknowledge this post.

ogon peredyshku #54 Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 5642 battles

View PostOnExShOtxKiLeR, on 09 July 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

Um, no, that's not what biased means. Biased means to be prejudiced towards one side of an argument, not to exaggerate something. In this case yes, the OP is biased towards the PC Team by wanting the buffs to be made and making the game more in terms with the PC Version of the game (I myself agree with this). But AnyOLName was not saying the OP was exaggerating in his comment, it was only you misinterpreting what he was saying by not knowing what "Biased" meant.

No... Part of prejudice is exaggerating the truth... But apparenlty im a monkey and dont know what biased means... Sorry i forgot. 

Back to the point. Its not biased, the nerfs come with the buffs. If they are going to make one stat on the tank same as PC they need to make the rest of the stats the same. And will end up doing it anyway, regardless of the forums opinion

IKickedUrBeaver #55 Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19293 battles
  • [BNKR]
By the way, it should be noted that outside of the VK 30.01 and 36.01...I've not been a huge fan of the German line.   With the changes to the VK's recently, I can't stand those either.   Now...I will say...I've never had issues taking down any German tanks such that I feel they need nerfed.  They burn just like the rest.  Maybe even moreso.  

IKickedUrBeaver #56 Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19293 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostOnExShOtxKiLeR, on 09 July 2014 - 06:28 PM, said:

I'm honestly surprised WG hasn't responded to this. OP just called WG out and yet they don't show or even acknowledge this post.

WG doesn't respond to any posts, really.   Sometimes forum moderators relay information back and forth pertainng to various things, but as a whole...WG proper....doesn't respond to a damned thing on these forums.   Further, you're in the general forum.  This is THE last place to have your grievances read.  They have an entire forum, and set of sub-forums calle the "Developers Corner."  In it are forums for the current version/patch of the game, Suggestions, Official Feedback/Polls, and Bug Reports.   Those are the forums people should be posting if they want to address people from WG.   The "General" forum has turned into the place where people seem to want to dump every thread created, and I fear a lot of threads that are actually important, get lost.  

Oldballbuster65 #57 Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:51 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3713 battles

View PostHAWKLANDER, on 09 July 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

E-75 is ok on level ground but uphill ,  sand , marsh  ........ ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG !!!!!!  Garbage !!!!!!  What ever you do , keep a repair kit because when the E-75 gets hit in the engine ........... :facepalm:    Makes the stock motor look like a jet engine ,,,, Your E-75 turns into a great big rock !!!!

I have a fully upgraded Tiger 2 and just researched the the E-75 three days ago. I plan on holding off on the purchase till I hear more on this nerf matter. Nice post OP.    

Morpheus02007 #58 Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14338 battles
The worst thing is that I pay gold for converting XP to get the top engines and now they're gone. It's like you've been stolen from your gold.
Garage

Thanks to xRoni7x for this awesome sig!

Patty2Scoops #59 Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4588 battles
I can live with this, I'll just be very mad that they tore out some of my babies leg muscles (E-75) I AM FURIOUS, EVERY ONE ROIT, wait they're doing that in Brazil already :teethhappy:

I've improved!

PANZERsaurusREX #60 Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:40 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16055 battles

I am very surprised that so many of you expressed thanks for my post. I honestly tried my best to present my frustration in a constructive way. Unfortunately, presenting negative interpretations of situations is very hard for everyone to deal with in a rational manner. I have no doubt that WGA is aware of this post and others. I have no problem giving them the time they need to analyze our input and then formulate a response. This is a good dev shop people! It can be a great dev shop, we need to give them opportunity to respond in kind. But please, keep it civil and try and be as constructive as possible, even especially when delivering harsh opinions.

There are other threads on this topic that are not so well thought out. I have a hard time distinguishing honest rants from deliberate troll statements. I find this to be unfortunate for all sides. One thread in particular brought out a reactionary response from a WGA admin that was truly baited. Disagreements happen, it is how we handle them that is the important thing. Play fair and don’t take cheap shots.

This forum, and forums in general, seem to allow people to use their anonymity as an opportunity to abandon their personal integrity. Voice your opinions; some may agree, others may disagree. All that is good when the goal of making a great game. Retain your honor and integrity folks, at the end of the day, WGA are people too. Our feelings get hurt when our tanks are nerfed, their feelings get hurt when we point out they could have implemented better. I see a bright opportunity here we just have to express ourselves and wait to see what happens.

[additional edit]

As an English teacher once told me, “Silence is consent.” I was not going to sit here and allow my German tanks to be degraded without putting up a fight to save them. Yes I am bias toward these tanks. My GT is PANZER for god sake and I will fight honorably to the end to retain the quality and glory of my tanks!

Edited by PANZERsaurusREX, 09 July 2014 - 11:44 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users