• Please log in to reply
512 replies to this topic

ArchAngelx12 #501 Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38497 battles
  • [-8-]

View PostRogueRobot99, on 19 July 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

Pain has stated we will get either the PC buffs OR revert back to 1.2. I believe not following the PC balance was a foward-looking statement and not meant that we won't be getting the buffs to counter the 1.3 nerfs. No need to give up hope yet!

I think at this point either one would be better then what we got now for the E series tanks... I guess I am steering away from the PC buffs because I don't know how my E series tanks will play with those buffs. However I do know how the E series played with the 1.2 packages and engines. The PC buffs maybe better, in some peoples opinions, but I know my 1.2 E series tanks were fantastic and very fun for me to play in. Despite Krebs passionate argument for the PC buffs (which I respect, he is entitled to his opinion) I must maintain my position and request WGA restore the 1.2 packages to the German line.

Also I have not lost hope in this game. I know Pain and WGA will do the right thing to correct this mistake in time ( the sooner the better).  WOT is absolutely my favorite game out there, I run 20 tanks in my garage and enjoy all the lines, including my arty.... ( I would add one of those little yellow heads ducking for cover if I knew how to do that... LOL!!!) 

ArchAngelx12 #502 Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38497 battles
  • [-8-]

View PostBloody Zypher, on 19 July 2014 - 08:19 AM, said:

You gained 30 UFP armor but lost 20 LFP armor. The overall effective armor for your front turret was reduced, climing speeds reduced, top engine on the E-50 taken out. Also some other slight buffs to turret depression / ascension.

I just really hope they rectify it one way or the other. I used to love playing the German tanks on the PC until 8.8, that is why I mainly haven't played them on the Xbox. They just need to not drop the ball like the PC did with the German line.

My personal oppinion would be to revert to 1.2 with the German stat changes and hopefully the E-50 and E-50M models back. I do miss my old turret and shiny E-50M, though I am very biased on this subject since I had to deal with it twice now. The buffs are not worth it, 30 UFP armor is not worth the -20 LFP armor.

:confused:

Thank you for this post. Well said from someone whose has experienced the PC version of the 1.3 E series.

LucassaurusREX #503 Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22428 battles
  • [P4NDA]

View PostWGWPAIN, on 18 July 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

I just wanted to clear up something.  When I said "complicated" I meant time consuming.  We have both changes in different builds here and are testing them.  The revert is easy but moving up and taking all the buffs\nerfs to the German line is a ton of changes that need to all be verified.  

There's no attempt at deceit.  I'm currently not strongly leaning either way.  It's test, test, test, then decided.  Your feedback posted here is also valuable.  Thank you all.

"Strengthen what is weak, and let the strong alone." <-- Hmm, I could have used that last week, thanks ;)

Maybe if people know what your plan on doing with tanks then maybe they wouldn't be so mad. I think WG biggest problem is communication with players on adjustments to tanks are lready out. I can deal with my German tanks as they are until you install the buffs that are suppose to go with them. I say do your test and let us judge what we like better. I think you'll do a good job of listening for the most part. Tank you and tank on my friend

LucassaurusREX #504 Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22428 battles
  • [P4NDA]
Great post from OP and great feedback from players and WG

De4thSt4lker206 #505 Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11960 battles
  • [BEACH]
I hope they also correct the package problems too, the new engines took the place of old ones I had unlocked, meaning that when I get my e-50 I will have to play stock or free xp, wheras before I had the 870 hp HL 234 unlocked ,but that got replaced with a 24000 xp engine that can only be unlocked with the e-50 meaning I have to use the 75/L100 instead of being able to use the 88/L71 right away.....

"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race

Assassin3Fox #506 Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28532 battles

View PostMatthew J35U5, on 18 July 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

The current changes are a bug. The 8.8 update on the PC changed the terrain resistance positively so that the German tanks, while with less engine power, found it easier to pass over terrain in effect decreasing the effect the engine nerf had on them.

+1; Thanks Matthew

Assassin3Fox #507 Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28532 battles

View Postrainsilent, on 18 July 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

I just noticed that nobody has said much about the Panther I and II. Those were also hurt with the loss of their top engines. They sort of became light heavies without the armor of health.

I rage sold my Panther 2 after the Nerfs...it WAS my favorite tank in the garage behind my Super P.  I tried driving it but it is/was so neutered from an acceleration and agility standpoint that I could no longer enjoy it...I tried leaving it in my garage as a hanger queen but every time I scrolled past it I had to take a prolonged break from the game...finally I took it out again on wide park and drove it on the roads...the traverse, speed, acceleration...horrifyingly bad and I died in spectacular fashion getting bum rushed and FLANKED (while backing down the road) by an AT8.  The tank was already elited, I waited for the battle to end stripped everything off of it and sold it out of the garage.

I would imagine the reason so few are complaining about the Panther 2 is they either: A) sold it; B) Never unlocked it in the first place because the Panther 1 is not an easy tank to drive and doesn't make you salivate for the next tier at all; C) Were generally using the tank as a sniper tank and while the loss of maneuverability can be frustrating it is not as much of a problem when your typical range is 500M+ to the enemy.

Kill Process #508 Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12520 battles

View PostAssassin3Fox, on 21 July 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

I rage sold my Panther 2 after the Nerfs...it WAS my favorite tank in the garage behind my Super P.  I tried driving it but it is/was so neutered from an acceleration and agility standpoint that I could no longer enjoy it...I tried leaving it in my garage as a hanger queen but every time I scrolled past it I had to take a prolonged break from the game...finally I took it out again on wide park and drove it on the roads...the traverse, speed, acceleration...horrifyingly bad and I died in spectacular fashion getting bum rushed and FLANKED (while backing down the road) by an AT8.  The tank was already elited, I waited for the battle to end stripped everything off of it and sold it out of the garage.

I would imagine the reason so few are complaining about the Panther 2 is they either: A) sold it; B) Never unlocked it in the first place because the Panther 1 is not an easy tank to drive and doesn't make you salivate for the next tier at all; C) Were generally using the tank as a sniper tank and while the loss of maneuverability can be frustrating it is not as much of a problem when your typical range is 500M+ to the enemy.

I sold my Panther II and Panther. I only have German lights, premium mediums, and Tank Destroyers now...

R0B0T99 #509 Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23385 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostAssassin3Fox, on 21 July 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

I didn't sell it yet. I was just about to buy the E50 when the nerf hammer came down. I'll wait for WG's decision before deciding what to do. 

Assassin3Fox #510 Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28532 battles

View PostRogueRobot99, on 21 July 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

I didn't sell it yet. I was just about to buy the E50 when the nerf hammer came down. I'll wait for WG's decision before deciding what to do. 

I would strongly recommend this action to any current Panther 2 owners...I wanted to keep it but I couldn't suppress my disgust after coming to love the original.

As it is...I doubt I will buy it back...even before the nerfs it was quite possibly the least mobile of the mediums at tier 8 (although I have not driven them all yet so I can not make this a definitive statement). It could be frustrating to drive even then when I was brawling or jousting with another tier 8 medium but I had worked out a series of techniques that made me really enjoy the way it played and driving it up front was challenging and enjoyable in a way none of my other tanks has been, so far. 

The sluggish feel of this thing after the update was enough to leave a pretty bitter impression on me...then there is the fact that I have since changed my focus to other medium lines.  Even if WG were to rollback the nerfs I will be constantly asking myself "is this the way it felt before?" or "I don't remember it being this slow to accelerate/change direction/pivot steer/fall back/rush forward...etc." 

There is just no sense in it...if they roll everything back I will move up to the E50 not back. 

The Panther 2 is dead, long live the usurper!

R0B0T99 #511 Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:18 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23385 battles
  • [BNKR]

As more people tier up and step into the Panther II, E-50, and E-75 for the first time since 1.3, they won't know what it was like before so I imagine many of them will still find lots of reasons to love those tanks. I hope this won't stop WG from doing the right thing and coming through with the follow-up. 

De4thSt4lker206 #512 Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11960 battles
  • [BEACH]

View PostAssassin3Fox, on 21 July 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

I would strongly recommend this action to any current Panther 2 owners...I wanted to keep it but I couldn't suppress my disgust after coming to love the original.

As it is...I doubt I will buy it back...even before the nerfs it was quite possibly the least mobile of the mediums at tier 8 (although I have not driven them all yet so I can not make this a definitive statement). It could be frustrating to drive even then when I was brawling or jousting with another tier 8 medium but I had worked out a series of techniques that made me really enjoy the way it played and driving it up front was challenging and enjoyable in a way none of my other tanks has been, so far. 

The sluggish feel of this thing after the update was enough to leave a pretty bitter impression on me...then there is the fact that I have since changed my focus to other medium lines.  Even if WG were to rollback the nerfs I will be constantly asking myself "is this the way it felt before?" or "I don't remember it being this slow to accelerate/change direction/pivot steer/fall back/rush forward...etc." 

There is just no sense in it...if they roll everything back I will move up to the E50 not back. 

The Panther 2 is dead, long live the usurper!

the panther 2 while grievously injured, still has one thing going for it..... if you get a down slope it is a great rammer... I have controlled impact and a spall liner. there was this match were we were up 12 to 4 and I saw a kv-5 below me, and spotting a chance for a laugh I yelled RAMMING SPEED! and collided with him doing 150 damage..... it was very funny.... I lost 700 health. but before I had the linner I rammed a caernavon for 625 damage and took 350 sooooo.....

(I had it before nerf, and am pissed that I spent 50k free xp for the top engine only to have it removed 4 days later, I hope they fix it soon.....)

Edited by De4thSt4lker206, 23 July 2014 - 11:01 PM.

"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race

Assassin3Fox #513 Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28532 battles

View PostDe4thSt4lker206, on 23 July 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

the panther 2 while grievously injured, still has one thing going for it..... if you get a down slope it is a great rammer... I have controlled impact and a spall liner. there was this match were we were up 12 to 4 and I saw a kv-5 below me, and spotting a chance for a laugh I yelled RAMMING SPEED! and collided with him doing 150 damage..... it was very funny.... I lost 700 health. but before I had the linner I rammed a caernavon for 625 damage and took 350 sooooo.....

(I had it before nerf, and am pissed that I spent 50k free xp for the top engine only to have it removed 4 days later, I hope they fix it soon.....)

Rofl...I generally wouldn't try to ram a heavy with a medium tank...I have tried it in the past...it never worked out well for me :)

Having said that I will see your "RAMMING SPEED" and raise it with an " Oh, crap!...WE MISSED!"

Before the nerfs the Panther2 never seemed to miss a ram coming down hill...after the nerfs it happens pretty frequently unless it is a heavy tank in which case they just sit there and wait .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users