Jump to content


Death From Above secret achievement on Xbox 360


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

LegendRaySTR3 #1 Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 1849 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    07-18-2013
I seen a video on how to obtain the secret achievement, Death From Above. I went on training and did it three times and no achievement. I don't know if it is a bug or if you guys purposely patched that. I really hope you didn't patch it because this is one is really a pain and I don't like boosting for achievements. If it is a bug, I hope you guys can fix it. Thank you!

MaxChaos24 #2 Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 13287 battles
  • 21,021
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostLegendRaySTR3, on 21 July 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

I seen a video on how to obtain the secret achievement, Death From Above. I went on training and did it three times and no achievement. I don't know if it is a bug or if you guys purposely patched that. I really hope you didn't patch it because this is one is really a pain and I don't like boosting for achievements. If it is a bug, I hope you guys can fix it. Thank you!

 

Instead of trying to cheat to get the achievement, or trying to boost to get it....

 

How about you EARN the achievement as intended. 



LegendRaySTR3 #3 Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:19 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 1849 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    07-18-2013
I have been trying for months. And since the chances of finding the right situation to get this achievement is unlikely, many people got the achievement in training. It isn't cheating. And I don't boost unless there is a bug or glitch. I also did land on a tank but because of the layout of the map, I only damaged the tank. I rather play the game as it is meant to be, drive a tank and shoot at tanks. Not hiding on a hill and trying to squish a tank. In my opinion this is a stupid achievement but being able to get it in training was nice. I just never knew you could get it that way until recent. Besides, it is a video game, who really cares how I get the achievement. Don't need to act like it is a big deal. Many others have done it on Training and I want to know why I can't. Don't need to get all upset and negative about it. It is only a game.

BlindedFoxhound #4 Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:23 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 468 battles
  • 1,030
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

It is only a game, have fun trying to get it, no need to take the boring route and cheat your way past everything.

 

When you get it you WILL laugh your [edited]off, it's a fun achievement to EARN. :)


4HPMvmm.jpg

 


zeus 171 #5 Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15921 battles
  • 1,505
  • Member since:
    11-07-2013

Don't cheat.

Go to Mines and land on someone from above, that's the way I did it. 

 



leova #6 Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11351 battles
  • 12,908
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    06-11-2014

Block Quote

 I really hope you didn't patch it because

I don't like boosting for achievements.

 

wow, do people actually read the things they post?

pretty sad.... just get the achievement legitimately, or don't get it at all



PublicSafety #7 Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 7662 battles
  • 1,818
  • Member since:
    03-04-2014
Mountain pass. I got it in my Togg!
 

 
     
     

kazmiodie #8 Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 10974 battles
  • 1,241
  • Member since:
    11-06-2013
its not hard to get just got to be in the right place at the right time and when you are just jump on them that's what i did please don't cheat.

 


airngineer #9 Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 18528 battles
  • 455
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

View PostPublicSafety, on 22 July 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

Mountain pass. I got it in my Togg!

Wow!!  I thought I was doing good getting mine in my Chuchill III!  It's true, pigs really can fly and Toggs too.

 

Air


I know I'm not that good but give me a break, I'm old enough to be your grandfather.
Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight he'll just kill you.

APEXxPREDITORx8 #10 Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:29 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 10803 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

All I am going to say is that I have earned it with a T29

 



SecndChance NoO #11 Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:01 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 6024 battles
  • 3,139
  • Member since:
    11-21-2013

Many of the achievements that are on Xbox can be bit tricky.

"Death From Above"

"You've destroyed a tank, squashing them like a bug!"

This one might be just one of the hardest Xbox Live achievements to get, but as many above have stated.... it can be done.... in game.

To get it, your tank must destroy another tank from above by ether landing on it from above or rolling on to it and then crush it(sitting on another tank will slowly take hit points tell the tank is destroyed).

You tank must survive the entire process of the destruction of the tank you’re on.

If you should happen to be destroyed while doing this you could be awarded the Suicide medal instead during impact.

The process that rewards our players with achievements is completely automated.

Typically, if you do not receive a medal, one or more of the criteria for it were not met.

We hope this has given you a bit more information on the crushing achievement.

This achievement is easier on maps were your can roll on to other tanks like on Abbey.(my favorite spot to ROLL OUT... and piggy back the red guy)

 

KSIxDeathKnight... please tell me you did that to a tier 2 light tank in game by failed platoon.

 



LegendRaySTR3 #12 Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 1849 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    07-18-2013
I know it can be done. I didn't say it was impossible. I have been trying to get it. But I hate achievements that require luck. I need to be lucky enough to have an enemy be at the right spot for me to get this achievement. I'm still working on this achievement. But that still has nothing to do with the issue on how you were able to get this achievement on Training. If the game allowed other players to get it that way, then I want to know if it is a bug or if they patched it. I will still work on getting this achievement until they either fix it or I luck out. I have a decently high gamerscore, I know the struggles of grinding and such. It isn't like I'm boosting for it. I just want to know why I wasn't able to get it. I am enjoying the game but since I have an Xbox One and tons of other games to play, I would like to finish this game sooner then later. But honestly,  how about those players who use money on this game and get achievements. Isn't that consider cheating too? Don't preach to me about how to get achievements. I haven't spent a dime on this game. So I can sit here and accuse all those who spent money on this game so it is easier for them to play, cheating as well. But thanks to those for the advice on map/tank. I will try those out as soon as I finish getting my 5th soviet tank. Since this thread isn't helping, I will no longer bothering checking on here. Thanks for all the help to those who gave some. Now time to roll out!

WidowMaker1711 #13 Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:13 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11826 battles
  • 9,988
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostLegendRaySTR3, on 25 July 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

I know it can be done. I didn't say it was impossible. I have been trying to get it. But I hate achievements that require luck. I need to be lucky enough to have an enemy be at the right spot for me to get this achievement. I'm still working on this achievement. But that still has nothing to do with the issue on how you were able to get this achievement on Training. If the game allowed other players to get it that way, then I want to know if it is a bug or if they patched it. I will still work on getting this achievement until they either fix it or I luck out. I have a decently high gamerscore, I know the struggles of grinding and such. It isn't like I'm boosting for it. I just want to know why I wasn't able to get it. I am enjoying the game but since I have an Xbox One and tons of other games to play, I would like to finish this game sooner then later. But honestly,  how about those players who use money on this game and get achievements. Isn't that consider cheating too? Don't preach to me about how to get achievements. I haven't spent a dime on this game. So I can sit here and accuse all those who spent money on this game so it is easier for them to play, cheating as well. But thanks to those for the advice on map/tank. I will try those out as soon as I finish getting my 5th soviet tank. Since this thread isn't helping, I will no longer bothering checking on here. Thanks for all the help to those who gave some. Now time to roll out!

 

Try on Abbey. Both flanks have places you can "drop in" unannounced on unsuspecting TDs behind bushes


For Russ and the Allfather

 

 


TheSupremeRula #14 Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 7180 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    03-17-2014

Just got this one myself the other day on Erlenberg in my JagTig8,8 was pushing the road behind hog warts and had a cearn backing up away from my shots until he had slipped into the shallow water at the top of the map. Being both of us were alone I kept on driving until I crested the bank and blam, belly flopped on top of him crushing what little life that remained. I was very happy to finally get this achievement came close a few times but was thwarted due to "helpful" teammates firing on the red I was sitting on top of. 

You'll get it eventually and it will be when you least expect it.



Big Ozzy #15 Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 9232 battles
  • 24
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

View Postzeus 171, on 22 July 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

Don't cheat.

Go to Mines and land on someone from above, that's the way I did it. 

 

Same 

got mine on Mines jumping my comet into the open top of a wolverine for the final kill of a game



RedBeardTheScum #16 Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 15944 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    02-03-2014
Got mine on abbey with an At15. landed on a Kv-1s

ChopperGreg VGC #17 Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 4712 battles
  • 669
  • Member since:
    08-24-2013

View Postairngineer, on 22 July 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

Wow!!  I thought I was doing good getting mine in my Chuchill III!  It's true, pigs really can fly and Toggs too.

 

Air

 

Got mine in a Jumbo, on Cliff. 

 

A Pz.38na, come whipping along the road around the lighthouse, didn't like my team mates that showed up at the last second and took the little ledge that drops down along the water to avoid them and their shots, and he went all the way to the end of the ledge.   I was lagging way behind ( since a Jumbo can't exactly keep up ), saw what was happening and headed for the cliff above him - he got to the end of the ledge just before I got to the edge of the cliff above him and came to a stop, I push over and the cliff was just at a shallow enough angle that I slid down and rammed him instead of landing on him.  I took about 3/4 of all his health off of him and was so ticked off that I only rammed him, that I decided to push him off of the edge into the water, and followed him just on general principles ( because I hated the Jumbo anyway and it was making for a long grind ).  Well he got stuck in a little V shaped cut, just above the water, but I did land on him that time, killing him ( getting the achievement ), but I was well and truly stuck.  I couldn't go backwards up the cliff face or forwards into the water and so I spent the rest of the game with my gun pointed back over the back deck of my tank, until the rest of my team died, and the opposing team spend close to another 5 minutes looking for me, before deciding to cap the base when they couldn't find me.   All anyone on the other team had to do, was poke their tank over the edge and they could have picked up a Death from Above themselves, for very little effort.



LEEFERNEE #18 Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 16023 battles
  • 1,694
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    08-27-2013

I got mine about 4 days ago landed on a gw tiger who was trying to drown himself on mountain pass. I was in my m48 patton. My best kill ever in WoT. 

Its nice killing a arty anyway but a arty who is scumbagging a drown and as a reward I get death from above. I love you RNG (sometimes lol)


If nothing else works, a total pig headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. 


S5 V8 #19 Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 32935 battles
  • 261
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
I does seem difficult to get the crushing part "just right" have attempted it twice, once on Mines and once on Sands killing the tank below me, but bouncing off just enough to not get the achievement.

Niks78 #20 Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:15 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28709 battles
  • 122
  • [-DK-]
  • Member since:
    04-15-2014
Have this achievement been removed from wot xbox? I just crushed a medium tank with my conqueror... did not get the death from above achievement... :/ 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users