Jump to content


AT2 overbalanced for armor?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Poll: AT-2 Un-balanced (72 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you feel that the AT-2 shold be rebalanced

  1. yes (9 votes [12.50%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 12.50%

  2. no (63 votes [87.50%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 87.50%

Would you adjust AT-2 Armor

  1. NO (62 votes [86.11%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 86.11%

  2. Yes , slightley lower Front armor (5 votes [6.94%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 6.94%

  3. Yes , adjust Side / Rear Armor similarly to Tier 5 Heavy Tanks (5 votes [6.94%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 6.94%

Would you adjust AT-2 Penetration capablities

  1. No (57 votes [79.17%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 79.17%

  2. No , if Front Armor is adjusted (2 votes [2.78%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.78%

  3. No , if Side / Rear Armor is adjusted (2 votes [2.78%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.78%

  4. Yes , if NO CHANGES Occure (6 votes [8.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.33%

  5. Yes , but only slightly if any Armor is adjusted (5 votes [6.94%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 6.94%

Vote Hide poll

stoneddragon812 #1 Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4738 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
I know what most will say about the low movement and damage but the over-effectiveness of AT2 armor should be adjusted IMO (checking other views ).   The reason I think it should be rebalanced more toward other tanks of class and tier is that even is the companion app the AT2 can barely be damaged by a tier 7 tank / td (spg can damage but thats about it ).   An example of this is today when i ran a churchil 3.  In this game , that was a tier 5 match,  i got beside and behind an at-2 and still couldn't damage when touching his tank.   I can understand that at-2's need higher armor than most of the tier and that's fine but it is currently too high.  Even if you leave the front armor alone most tanks have trouble or can't penetration side or rear armor of 102 ( no angling ).   The matilda BP w/ pen of 138 , T-49 w/ 138 , wolverine w/ 126 , ram 2 w/ 131 , m4 w/ 115 , t-1 w/ 126 , t-14 w/ 115 , su-85 w/ 156 ,  matilda 4 w/ 108 , kv-1 w/ 108 , churchil 3 w/ 138 , PzSlf 4c w/ 174 , stug 3 w/ 129 , t-25 w/ 145 , pz 3/4 w/ 129 as max pen. roll default shots with perfect angle side/rear position, any other not listed have to be max upgraded to pen at-2 side/rear.   Like i said i can understand the "they need high armor" POV but it is overly high currently.  200+ armor should not be introduced until at-least 1/3 of the other tanks have a chance to pen the armor ( i.e. tier 6-7 ).  The highest other tanks armors are as follows : churchil 1 w/ 178 f.hull  <65 side/rear hull , T-1 w/ f.turret 102  <85 f.hull  <45 side/rear hull , t-14 w/ 101 all turret  <55 all hull , churhill 3 w/ 176 f.hull  76/ 51 s./r.hull , no tier 5 germ. has above 80 armor f./s./r. hull/turret.  In doing so how can a tank with the highest armor ( which should be a heavy not a TD ) and a gun able to pen 131 ( penetrating all but 2 tank's front armors in same tier game and pen.ing all tanks side / rear ) be remotely considered a balanced tank to the tanks it pulls.   Please help me in requesting admins to re-balance this tank.   If you want it over-armored in the front fine but lower the side/rear armor &/or lower the pen. capability of the at-2.   Tanks being unbalanced as heavily as this is , is what make game much less enjoyable than it could be because the rest of game seems fairly even to their respective tiers.   I am not attempting to flame the tanks or anyone associated with its build , I'm just trying to see how many feel as i do that this particular tank needs to be looked at for balancing and how to possibly do so.

SwissLime #2 Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 9731 battles
  • 2,127
  • Member since:
    02-20-2014

Should this say over powered?  IMO the AT2 has a lot of armor but it is balanced, however I wouldn't say OVERBALANCED, that is just taking balance a little too far man.


Please bring WOT Blitz & WOT Companion App to Windows Phone!

 


HoodedWildKard #3 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 8085 battles
  • 2,026
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    05-17-2014
If they debuff the armour nobody can get the "don't scratch the paint" achievement.

"I hate nobody except Hitler, and that is professional" Winston Churchill.

Trolls crave our attention. Arguments or indeed any response provides them with nourishment, let them starve.

signature.png

I'm always looking for new platoon mates to play with so if you have a mic and play on xbox one, hit me up so amusing team times can ensue.

 


SixxGunnz #4 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 6881 battles
  • 872
  • [11ACR]
  • Member since:
    07-11-2013
Shoot the commander hatch on top. Every tank in your list can make mince meat out of the at2 if you know the weak spot. High damge HE like from a STuG III or M4s DERP will roll for 150 damage every shot just by hitting frontal armor. 

But always, always there is the discipline of steel.

 

 

 

 


Emperor Ginge #5 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:07 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 2426 battles
  • 55
  • [CAAT]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013
For me I hate AT's, lucky I see them only now and again but when I do it's always when I'm playing between medium and heavy. I just gave up and wen down arty route, but apparently aiming for the cupola works; I haven't had any luck but you might. 

"Light tank's are like diapers, they always need changing...And all for the same reason."

 


kazmiodie #6 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 11010 battles
  • 1,241
  • Member since:
    11-06-2013

View PostUrbanAssassin9k, on 22 July 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

For me I hate AT's, lucky I see them only now and again but when I do it's always when I'm playing between medium and heavy. I just gave up and wen down arty route, but apparently aiming for the cupola works; I haven't had any luck but you might. 

yeah the cupola does work i have killed AT2 with tier 4 i find then easy now. if your gun isnt accurate just get close so you cant miss you will always win.


 


stoneddragon812 #7 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:19 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4738 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
I can understand you point.  My question is how can a tank with highest armor in front / side / rear armor and an equally effective penetration to tanks its tier be balanced.  And my wording choice was to avoid the use of the " this is OP " POV.  and i am stating my opinion as you are entitled to do so yourself and i am polling ways to resolve my POV aswell.   Now the Over-Balanced i was referring to was The abnormal amount of F/S/R armor due to trying to  balance for the slow movement and lower damage per shot it deals while not taking into account that it has one of the higher penetrations of its tier and that an AT-2 can barely damage an AT-2 from side/rear. So i do belive my wording was accurate , feel free to disagree if you wish though ( that is your prerogative ).  but please do the poll so we can track and compare what everyone thinks not just you or me.

docsdawgs #8 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16515 battles
  • 218
  • Member since:
    03-02-2014

AT2 was a fun and difficult tank to play well, IMHO. I think the armor is a weakness for those that want to play it as an assault tank, Most tankers know how to kill the AT2, I love seeing them, when I'm not alone, or in a tank that can track em, and flank em quickly. 

 

Do I think they need to change, nope. I don't believe they're overpowered in any way. Once I learned how to play the AT2 well, I was ready for the AT8. It made me a better TD player with this line of tanks. All of these tanks die quickly if you're too aggressive.


Edited by docsdawgs, 22 July 2014 - 08:29 PM.

Opinionated, sometimes stressed, that's why I blow up tanks in my free time!

stoneddragon812 #9 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:27 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4738 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

 

Please also note if your main is the AT since most will not willing say " yeah my tank is O-B/OP " because you don't want your tanks messed with.  Like i having a Pz 2 j , think that it is over armored for its tier / class but in that tanks defense it is a tier 3 with a tier 1 gun. but i fell it like the AT should be more evened with tanks its tier.

stoneddragon812 #10 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4738 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostHoodedWildKard, on 22 July 2014 - 09:02 PM, said:

If they debuff the armour nobody can get the "don't scratch the paint" achievement.


 Not true . Almost any tank can earn the achievement if you are against the right enemy and at the right angle. 



docsdawgs #11 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16515 battles
  • 218
  • Member since:
    03-02-2014

View Poststoneddragon812, on 22 July 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

 

Please also note if your main is the AT since most will not willing say " yeah my tank is O-B/OP " because you don't want your tanks messed with.  Like i having a Pz 2 j , think that it is over armored for its tier / class but in that tanks defense it is a tier 3 with a tier 1 gun. but i fell it like the AT should be more evened with tanks its tier.

I can only speak for myself, AT is not my main, I'm not playing the line as I'm waiting for silver to upgrade to AT15. I'm currently focused on 2 lines, the new autoloader's :) Then back to heavies, then probably American TDs, then German TD's, then perhaps British. But it's wayyyy down the priorities.


Opinionated, sometimes stressed, that's why I blow up tanks in my free time!

stoneddragon812 #12 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4738 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
And just FYI i checked and those that commented stand as 3 that use the tank in question and 3 not ( excluded myself since i owed and sold quickly ) so only 1 person so far that doesn't use the AT-2 voted that it is a fair and balanced tank

SkyStalker #13 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 8266 battles
  • 3,329
  • [HAPPY]
  • Member since:
    07-18-2013

TOUCH MY AT2....... YOU DIE!!!:trollface:

 

Or the T18 needs to be severely nerfed at the same time


Edited by SkyStalker, 22 July 2014 - 08:43 PM.

My current grinds: T-43 (for T-54/T-62A), Tortoise (for Death Star), ISU-152 (for Obj 704, and Obj 268), Jagdtiger (for JagdPanzer E100), AMX 13-90 (for Batchat), AMX 50-100 (For AMX 50-120/50B), and KV-4 (For ST-I and IS-4)

I play for fun, and not WN8 (as it ruins my view of this game)


ARRothe #14 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 6031 battles
  • 2,078
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Poststoneddragon812, on 22 July 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

I can understand you point.  My question is how can a tank with highest armor in front / side / rear armor and an equally effective penetration to tanks its tier be balanced.  And my wording choice was to avoid the use of the " this is OP " POV.  and i am stating my opinion as you are entitled to do so yourself and i am polling ways to resolve my POV aswell.   Now the Over-Balanced i was referring to was The abnormal amount of F/S/R armor due to trying to  balance for the slow movement and lower damage per shot it deals while not taking into account that it has one of the higher penetrations of its tier and that an AT-2 can barely damage an AT-2 from side/rear. So i do belive my wording was accurate , feel free to disagree if you wish though ( that is your prerogative ).  but please do the poll so we can track and compare what everyone thinks not just you or me.


This guy thinks the AT-2 is OP.

 

Who wants to describe the Waffentrager E-100 in a nutshell? :D lol


"A battle is, in effect, a contest between two wills - your own and that of the enemy general." - Bernard Montgomery
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Skelbonic Twitch name is WoT_ARRothe, look out for me during livestreams :)


stoneddragon812 #15 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4738 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View Postdocsdawgs, on 22 July 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

I can only speak for myself, AT is not my main, I'm not playing the line as I'm waiting for silver to upgrade to AT15. I'm currently focused on 2 lines, the new autoloader's :) Then back to heavies, then probably American TDs, then German TD's, then perhaps British. But it's wayyyy down the priorities.

 

TY for being open about your tanks as so not to skew the results.



stoneddragon812 #16 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4738 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostARRothe, on 22 July 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:


This guy thinks the AT-2 is OP.

 

Who wants to describe the Waffentrager E-100 in a nutshell? :D lol

 

 

LOL.  i eat those up with my E-75 so nah tanks of same tier can damage those just fine IMO

 



stoneddragon812 #17 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4738 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
Please do the poll not just post on topic , While comments and views are encouraged please do the poll aswell.  

SkyStalker #18 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 8266 battles
  • 3,329
  • [HAPPY]
  • Member since:
    07-18-2013

View Poststoneddragon812, on 22 July 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

 

 

LOL.  i eat those up with my E-75 so nah tanks of same tier can damage those just fine IMO

 


Yes but with the camo rating and the DPC that the WT E100 has you wouldn't have a chance if out in the open or he tracks you. It can do 3300 per clip and basically clip a Maus on the PC which has the highest health pool of any tank with 3000 hp


My current grinds: T-43 (for T-54/T-62A), Tortoise (for Death Star), ISU-152 (for Obj 704, and Obj 268), Jagdtiger (for JagdPanzer E100), AMX 13-90 (for Batchat), AMX 50-100 (For AMX 50-120/50B), and KV-4 (For ST-I and IS-4)

I play for fun, and not WN8 (as it ruins my view of this game)


SkyStalker #19 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:51 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 8266 battles
  • 3,329
  • [HAPPY]
  • Member since:
    07-18-2013

View Poststoneddragon812, on 22 July 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

Please do the poll not just post on topic , While comments and views are encouraged please do the poll aswell.  


I think the Poll is quite clear


My current grinds: T-43 (for T-54/T-62A), Tortoise (for Death Star), ISU-152 (for Obj 704, and Obj 268), Jagdtiger (for JagdPanzer E100), AMX 13-90 (for Batchat), AMX 50-100 (For AMX 50-120/50B), and KV-4 (For ST-I and IS-4)

I play for fun, and not WN8 (as it ruins my view of this game)


kazmiodie #20 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 11010 battles
  • 1,241
  • Member since:
    11-06-2013

View PostSkyStalker, on 22 July 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:


Yes but with the camo rating and the DPC that the WT E100 has you wouldn't have a chance if out in the open or he tracks you. It can do 3300 per clip and basically clip a Maus on the PC which has the highest health pool of any tank with 3000 hp

if the waffentragers using the 150mm gun he can bounce a lot so it is possible to survive a full clip for the might waffle.


 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users