What's everyone's greatest Arty-Shotgun?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Atomic Hamsters #21 Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:38 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 12799 battles

Scored "three" kills in one match as the last tank alive in an M41.

It was on Abbey, southeast corner, where the trail starts following along the river. I backed off the edge of the cliff so that I'd be facing up, with nothing behind me but water. They start for the base, then decide to come after us (one other guy was with me, but on the trail). One charges for me and I blast him as he crests the ridge. His wreckage slides down the hill, pushing me a little further and giving me cover. Thanks, buddy! Next guy in line DOES THE EXACT SAME THING and, predictably, I kablammo him, giving me more cover. Next up, a smartass fast tank decides to fly heroically through the air, trying to nail me as he does so. He missed, then sank in the river. Finally, 3-4 more tanks overwhelm the other dude and then cautiously take me out. 

Doesn't stop another tank from sailing off into the river after my demise though. I laughed a long time after that one.

Edited by Atomic Hamsters, 31 July 2014 - 08:50 PM.

Sovietdeath #22 Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:32 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15232 battles

View PostFaded Comodo, on 31 July 2014 - 12:54 AM, said:

RWBY music? Yes please.

Love the RWBY soundtrack picked it up the first day it came out

Shaquesta #23 Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:25 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 33405 battles
  • [PROOF]
Either the time a panzer100 bounced off my m55 and i shot him in the lower glacis with AP for 1600 dmg k/o. Or on widepark when i was in the south, a 47 patton tries a driveby shot and i swingshot him and blew his ammo rack.
Words lose meaning when they come from a place of anger. Our species has spent thousands of years building a civilization, so it's our responsibility to be civilized.

Shaquesta #24 Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:30 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 33405 battles
  • [PROOF]
Nevermind. My buddy and i were on mines encounter north spawn around a2. Late game t71 comes flying by me, hits me once and catches me on fire and starts goin after myfriend. I extinguished it as i turned around, quickscoped to aerial and knocked the t71 out cold. At this point a 46 patton crest the shelf right above us, and my buddy instantly blasts him in the underbelly for 1400. So nasty. All this and we dodged 2 arty shots. 
Words lose meaning when they come from a place of anger. Our species has spent thousands of years building a civilization, so it's our responsibility to be civilized.

Sovietdeath #25 Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:37 AM

Major

• 15232 battles

Finally got a new one the other day so time to bring out the Necronomicon

Arpsh #26 Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:25 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 19581 battles

Mine was probably in the same game I finally got my bombardier medal in the GW Panther.

At the start of an enounter game on Mountain Pass i I did a counter battery blindfire towards arty hill at the north, and hit two SPGs sat next to one another! I would have been happy with that, but it became one of those games where everything goes right - next shot was the third SPG in a similar place that foolishly hadn't moved, then I got three shotguns in a row by playing aggressively (my team were much too timid)!

I shotgunned a Churchill VII by teetering on the edge of a cliff to point down at him. Then drove to the encounter cap circle where the siren was going off and shotgunned a VK and an M6 in turn for the win - top gun, defender, bombardier and reaper.

GeneralZap1 #27 Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:25 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 18610 battles
Pretty sure it was in my Hummel that I got 4-5 kills shotgunning. The tank-wrecks pile up, making it somewhat easier over time because you aim for the area they HAVE to be to shoot past the wrecks, and once they round that corner and could fire... BOOM.

SanguisDiabolus #28 Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:12 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3129 battles
My best and most satisfying arty shotgun kill so far has to be the first one I ever got. I was in a Priest I think, and in an XBL party with my buddy who was teaching me the ins and outs of artillery as I had never tried it before. My buddy dies and warns me that an M3 Lee is coming up on me. I figured I was dead so I was gonna try and get a last-ditch kill on a far away target. My buddy goes "Nah man, zoom out he's RIGHT on you!" I release the left trigger, and I instantly see a Lee that had to be as close as 50 meters from me, with a clear shot, and he hadn't shot at me yet. Now what made this epic for me is that when I went out of top-down view, my reticule was already on the Lee. All I had to do was pull the right trigger. Instantly blew him away and laughed my *** off for minutes.

~And What Will Happen? Will I Dream?~

~I Am Too Scared To Close My Eyes...~

THRASHER78 #29 Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:24 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9305 battles
  • [TRAX]
I was in my Grille and it was old El Halluf and after some time i thought "you know what? Im now a TD"and rolled up to to a bush and waited a little and...enemey spotted near the neutral cap.I turned the tank and without waiting for the aiming circle i fired......enemy destroyed. The distance in that shot is what amazed me.

Zerokiller1628 #30 Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:22 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3957 battles
  • [STEAK]

I was in my M41 on Highway, when an enemy KV-1 started heading towards me. It stopped beside a house and started shooting the other arty, while I drove INTO the house, popped out the side, and shotgunned him a point blank range. I got a message from someone on my team later complimenting me on the kill.

:teethhappy:

Niles Y93 #31 Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:48 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10040 battles
I've got a few, but one that immediately comes to mind is one I had on Pearl River (standard battle). I was hiding behind the rock on the northern spawn, in my M40/M43 while a Pershing and a KV-something were capping. I come around the rock and I see the Pershing, broadside. Apparently he didn't see me or anything because I had enough time to aim my reticle and pull the trigger. Insta-kill. Me and my platoon were amazed by it. Then the KV killed me.

Sovietdeath #32 Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:39 AM

Major

• 15232 battles

Adding in a fun lil Bert video

HighSpyker #33 Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:16 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 32728 battles
  • [IRN]

My best ever was last night in my CGC.

Now, I was grinding up the British arty line.  I had to sell my FV3805 and a British heavy I had to buy the CGC.  When I put a crew into the CGC, I accidentally trained the tank crew instead of the arty crew, so my CGC crew has useful SPG skills like "Recon".  :(

Anyway, I was in a battle on El Haluff last night.  Our team had 5 arty, which ended up being a disadvantage, since none of the tanks we did have were able to spot E-100s and JgdPzE-100s for longer than 7 seconds, even 200 meters away!  (Also, our fail platooned FV304 did a whopping 434 dmg and less tracking dmg.  Thanks, Bert. You were the only one with the arc and aiming speed to hit the tank destroyer RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR CLIFF.)

So, I'm not doing well despite huge slow targets, just because our team refuses to keep them spotted.  I know the enemy has come over the saddle, and is about to sweep across our flank.  We are already down to almost nothing but artillery.  I push forward, thinking I may at least be able to come over the cliff and hit the Jaegeroo in the side- definitely better than just waiting to be caught between the enemy pushing up from my 10:00 and sweeping over from 2:00.

As I push over the cliff, I see the JgpdPzE-100 is now just the lead tank.  There's another tank, and the enemy FV215B 183 is bringing up the rear.  I don't have the gun depression to hit any of them, and I know I have no more than two seconds before I'm spotted and hit.

What the hell...I push over the edge, nose slightly angled to the left.  The drop takes over half my health, and as I land, I spin my tracks, whirling my tank counter-clockwise as I slide at high speed downward.  As my reticle slides past the rear of the Deathstar, I fire hitting him in the side with my 234mm HE shell from about 70 meters away.  Boom, 2000 dmg.

I now have over 40 seconds before a next shell is ready, and I know I'll never make it.  I head straight for the E-50 that's charging me.  "This is how a man dies," I say into the mic, and ram him for 234.  As my CGC burns I realize, Hey, Snap Shot came in handy after all!  

The shot was so cool, I couldn't be too upset at having such a terrible team.  Our FV304 may have been the last one alive.  The little bastard COULD have circled the Jag earlier and taken him out, or a least spotted for me, and I would have.

RPGStylee #34 Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14782 battles
Shotgunned an E50m traveling at full speed with an AP shell from the mighty 21cm morser on the G.W Tiger (p). Right through his ammo rack.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Please do it I have slow self-esteem you don't want to hurt my feels do you?

Head Kanonenjagdpanzer sales expert

KawaiiKonChan #35 Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:50 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 3385 battles
  • [KMD]
Shotgunned and M2 medium in a Priest... That's pretty much it. 

Wolfie: Your favorite tsundere gamer. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

x Gadreel x #36 Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:05 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12575 battles

View PostSovietdeath, on 25 July 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

Would love to hear about yours caught mine on my live stream here's the clip.Got 2 tanks while somehow surviving an E-100 shot

I really wish I could pull something off like this +1 to you bud

All the credit goes to METALHELLIONx84 for this awesome Sig.

Sovietdeath #37 Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:56 AM

Major

• 15232 battles

View PostDRG Kurokuma, on 18 March 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

I really wish I could pull something off like this +1 to you bud

Pulled off something even more epic last night will get the video up when I can

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users