not having much fun - Caernarvon

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Stogies 1977 #1 Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 73153 battles
What's the secret to success with this machine? I just got a stock model and all I seem to able to do with it is start moving forward a few yards to get blown to pieces.

Lochsoy #2 Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:51 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 24544 battles
The first thing to do is forget everything you learned playing the Churchill's and Black Prince.  unlike the previous tanks in the British heavy line, almost everything you face will be able to penetrate your hull and stock turret.  You are going to want to keep your lower hull protected at all times, it has paper thin armor and your ammo rack is located there.  I highly recommend investing in wet stowage or you will fund yourself racked most of the time.  Once you get the upgraded turret you will find it can bounce quite a few shells, though is still has some pretty large weak spots.  It is best to play this tank as a second line tank, do not try to brawl in it or you will find yourself on the losing end every time.   Due to its relative decent speed and maneuverability (for a heavy) it has a similar play style as a medium, you will be better served playing as a second line tank and flanker.  Once you get the final gun you will have decent DPM due the high rate of fire and will find the tank much more enjoyable to play, until then it is a painful grind.  Unfrotuantely it does not get any better in the Conqueror and you will find it to has a very painful grind until fully upgraded, once it is fully upgraded it is a whole new story and is one of my favorite tanks to play. 

Wikkid Devil #3 Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:27 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7703 battles

The Carny is a [edited]to grind, and the Conqueror doesn't get much better.

You know that 110000 xp grind from the fully upgraded Carny to the Conqueror with an inadequate gun, you have another 100000+ in the Conqueror until you get the 120mm!

You will need a lot of patience and a different tank to earn money with, cos you are about to loose a butt load of silver with the Carny.

YOLO - Because stupid people don't know what Carpe Diem means.

PublicSafety #4 Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 7662 battles
I got it too. Even with that upgraded turret it is not a brawling tank.... miss my Black Prince. Haven't gotten the final gun yet, and I hope it gets better still. No matter how I try, I am still having a rough go.

Quazakaharet #5 Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12963 battles
  • [BLT]
Like lochsoy said this its a second line tank. I think of myself as a Medium when I run this tank.you have good view range so count on spotting for your team as a good credit booster. W final turret your a monster in hull down positions.   Mobility is your best weapon

fudge34 #6 Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:43 AM

Private

• Players
  • 8896 battles

Does anyone know if they dropped the rate of fire  for the 20 pdr type b barrel? It seems slower after the update? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users