Jump to content


Gw Panthers Need Major NERF!


  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: GwPanther needs a NERF! (78 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Gw Panthers need a Nerf?

  1. yes (12 votes [15.38%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 15.38%

  2. No (66 votes [84.62%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 84.62%

Vote Hide poll

TKoddaL33 #21 Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:13 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 23775 battles
  • 3,526
  • Member since:
    07-01-2013

View PostNativeBlood115, on 28 July 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

you guys don't know the power of the G.W Panther CAUSE YOU'RE ALL ARTILLERY PLAYERS YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO GET HIT IN A REAL TANK 

I've been hit by T92, GWTigers, & M53/55. In a tank. These are way stronger than the GWPanther, but I'm not complaining. 


"SPEED IS THE ESSENCE OF WAR" - Sun Tzu

 

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists." - Nikola Telsa


rick007cmx1 #22 Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 58183 battles
  • 2,554
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostNativeBlood115, on 28 July 2014 - 08:10 PM, said:

you guys don't know the power of the G.W Panther CAUSE YOU'RE ALL ARTILLERY PLAYERS YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO GET HIT IN A REAL TANK

I play ALL classes moron--including british destroyers--i know how it feels. Go play hopskotch or candyland.



Sovietdeath #23 Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:56 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15356 battles
  • 20,363
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostNativeBlood115, on 28 July 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

you guys don't know the power of the G.W Panther CAUSE YOU'RE ALL ARTILLERY PLAYERS YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO GET HIT IN A REAL TANK 

Let's see

 
4,605
  892 (19%)Light Tanks  
  1,214 (26%)Medium Tanks  
  898 (20%)Heavy Tanks  
  1,213 (26%)Tank Destroyer  
  388 (8%)Artillery  

 

 

I'm sorry I beg to differ (BTW in artillery or SPGs I have both the M12 American and GW Tiger P) 

 

The only accuracy advantage the GW Panther has over other SPGs before it is that it has very good turret traverse for an SPG so there is less reticle bloom



Earli3st Jester #24 Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:09 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 3129 battles
  • 723
  • Member since:
    08-07-2013

View PostAuS YeSsY, on 28 July 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

These Joke of an arty seem to be able to with No detection 1 Shot  way to many tanks... how the **** does an arty of all tanks blind fire 1 shot so many tanks????

 

And I Know every comment is gonna be from an owner  of 1 of these stupid things and all there gonna say is " There Not op " 

 

These Joke of an arty seem to be able to with No detection 1 Shot  way to many tanks... how the **** does an arty of all tanks blind fire 1 shot so many tanks????

 

And I Know every comment is gonna be from an owner  of 1 of these stupid things and all there gonna say is " There Not op " 

:popcorn:


"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week" George S. Patton

Saving people from DB's Army (the whole two soldiers he has)

 


De4thSt4lker206 #25 Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:17 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12065 battles
  • 8,000
  • [BEACH]
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostAuS YeSsY, on 28 July 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

These Joke of an arty seem to be able to with No detection 1 Shot  way to many tanks... how the **** does an arty of all tanks blind fire 1 shot so many tanks????

 

And I Know every comment is gonna be from an owner  of 1 of these stupid things and all there gonna say is " There Not op " 

 

These Joke of an arty seem to be able to with No detection 1 Shot  way to many tanks... how the **** does an arty of all tanks blind fire 1 shot so many tanks????

 

And I Know every comment is gonna be from an owner  of 1 of these stupid things and all there gonna say is " There Not op " 


I haven't noticed this... though I know that there reload is ridicules, if you don't have a repair crew they can perma-track you and they are laser accurate for an atry, while still having 1250 alpha on a pen, which will kill almost any tank their teir....


"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race


De4thSt4lker206 #26 Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:20 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12065 battles
  • 8,000
  • [BEACH]
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostAssassin3Fox, on 28 July 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

lol...protecting yourself from a GW Panther is easy...just relocate after firing...and when driving in the open always keep a rock between you and the arty...the Panther doesn't have good arcing so even a smaller rock that normally won't protect you from American arty is usually effective against the panther.

 


except you don't know where he is firing from until you are hit, or there was a miss in front of your camera


"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race


MPC 2117 #27 Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:32 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 17936 battles
  • 10,067
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostNativeBlood115, on 28 July 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

you guys don't know the power of the G.W Panther CAUSE YOU'RE ALL ARTILLERY PLAYERS YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO GET HIT IN A REAL TANK

Really? I got one-shotted by a Hummel in my fully upgraded Panther II(with spall liner) once upon a time, and I'm not calling for a nerf. It shouldn't even be possible for that to happen if you go by the stats they give us.

 

To everyone out there that thinks ANY arty is OP, I suggest you go buy one yourselves, do about fifty matches in it, and THEN say something about it.

After about match ten you'll realize that arty isn't as easy to use as you think it is, and you'll have lost your reason to complain about it.


WE​ NEED MORE STUGS IN World of WhatisBalance...


De4thSt4lker206 #28 Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:45 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12065 battles
  • 8,000
  • [BEACH]
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostMPC 2117, on 30 July 2014 - 12:32 AM, said:

Really? I got one-shotted by a Hummel in my fully upgraded Panther II(with spall liner) once upon a time, and I'm not calling for a nerf. It shouldn't even be possible for that to happen if you go by the stats they give us.

 

To everyone out there that thinks ANY arty is OP, I suggest you go buy one yourselves, do about fifty matches in it, and THEN say something about it.

After about match ten you'll realize that arty isn't as easy to use as you think it is, and you'll have lost your reason to complain about it.


I still complain about it...

t57- 1 game

M7 Priest (I felt like being a a-hole so I played more than I needed with this one as it is very good, I even got a kamikaze medal)- 26

M37-24

M41-32

m44-2 (just got it ,and I killed a wolverine after I had just killed his budy in a flak bus, i killed the bus he fired and missed he fired hit 140 health left, he ran into the map edge and missed his shot I reloaded and killed him....)

 

it IS something that requires skill, however above teir 5 their are WAY more skilled arty than tank drivers, meaning that high teir arty will ruin any chance of fun for a tank that is slow to accelerate or has a low top speed, the drivers are good, but what they drive is bad for the fun of the game

  

   

     now if all people were as good in their tanks as the arty are, the game wouldn't have lemming trains or matches were the winning team loses only 1 tank


"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race


CODhero101 #29 Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:51 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 6455 battles
  • 700
  • Member since:
    07-21-2013
and here we go again :facepalm:

MPC 2117 #30 Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:06 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 17936 battles
  • 10,067
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostDe4thSt4lker206, on 30 July 2014 - 12:45 AM, said:

 now if all people were as good in their tanks as the arty are the game wouldn't have lemming trains or matches were the winning team loses only 1 tank

All the shut-out(15-0) victories I've been a part of were matches with NO rtillery, and no one can fix lemming trains.....


WE​ NEED MORE STUGS IN World of WhatisBalance...


De4thSt4lker206 #31 Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12065 battles
  • 8,000
  • [BEACH]
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostMPC 2117, on 30 July 2014 - 01:06 AM, said:

All the shut-out(15-0) victories I've been a part of were matches with NO rtillery, and no one can fix lemming trains.....


I was complementing arty on being good at what they do, unlike a lot of players....


"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race


De4thSt4lker206 #32 Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:38 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12065 battles
  • 8,000
  • [BEACH]
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostCODhero101, on 30 July 2014 - 12:51 AM, said:

and here we go again :facepalm:


of course, it is fun here, people need their places to complain, and no one need listen, yet people are curious so they listen anyway,,,,


"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race


Apocalypso 5 #33 Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 40036 battles
  • 420
  • [MBP]
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013

View PostAuS YeSsY, on 28 July 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

These Joke of an arty seem to be able to with No detection 1 Shot  way to many tanks... how the **** does an arty of all tanks blind fire 1 shot so many tanks????

 

Yeah, well I could say the same about the M12! But have a read of what Soviet said in the first reply post, may prove to be whats happening with you.

Also the designated target skill helps.

 

Hate M12's so much for hitting me, I'm getting one to dish it back out. Maybe an option for you with the GW Panther.



psycho42069 #34 Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:29 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 10311 battles
  • 2,531
  • [BIGEZ]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013
No, the arty that needs a nerf is the Sturmpanzer II. Those little bastards hit your tracks, then reload faster than your crew can fix them. Seems like everyone that buys one gets some special power that allows them to see only me until Im dead. Every time I get hit by one and dont have a repair kit, it's always the same. 1. Get tracked and wait for crew to fix. 2. Fix tracks and retreat 4 feet when get hit again...tracked again. 3. Repeat steps 1-2 until dead. (Disclaimer: I dont really want it nerfed just ranting about these little s***s because once they hit me they always own me...slowly, and without lubricant.)


Beef McLargeBig #35 Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 7752 battles
  • 3,189
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostDe4thSt4lker206, on 30 July 2014 - 04:35 AM, said:


I was complementing arty on being good at what they do, unlike a lot of players....

That's probably because it doesn't take a lot to be a "good" artillery player. 



MPC 2117 #36 Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:22 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 17936 battles
  • 10,067
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View Postpsycho42069, on 31 July 2014 - 12:29 AM, said:

No, the arty that needs a nerf is the Sturmpanzer II. Those little bastards hit your tracks, then reload faster than your crew can fix them. Seems like everyone that buys one gets some special power that allows them to see only me until Im dead. Every time I get hit by one and dont have a repair kit, it's always the same. 1. Get tracked and wait for crew to fix. 2. Fix tracks and retreat 4 feet when get hit again...tracked again. 3. Repeat steps 1-2 until dead. (Disclaimer: I dont really want it nerfed just ranting about these little s***s because once they hit me they always own me...slowly, and without lubricant.)

I know how youfeel, but I give you this to consider: without an Enhanced Gun Laying Drive, the Sturmpanzer II actually reloads faster than it can aim in. Very strange eh?

 

It also takes about a year for the shell to hit a distant target...

 

And yes, I own one of these lil buggers. It's too cute to sell!


WE​ NEED MORE STUGS IN World of WhatisBalance...


VGC Izzy13 #37 Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 6368 battles
  • 1,006
  • [VGC]
  • Member since:
    08-08-2013

Block Quote

 you guys don't know the power of the G.W Panther CAUSE YOU'RE ALL ARTILLERY PLAYERS YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO GET HIT IN A REAL TANK

 Clearly you don't understand the destructive power of artillery at all. IRL tankers fear artillery because the armor on the top of the tanks turret/chassis is the thinnest. Therefore they are highly likely to be destroyed if one artillery shell lands on them. Not trying to be rude because I do feel your pain on this subject, however given that the game is modeled "somewhat" on real life this is not only fair but balanced. Plus arty has to direct hit you to one shot you so shoot and move so as not to become a sitting duck.

 


 

 

   SPC, VGC, A CO.  2nd PLT. 

"In a man to man fight, The winner is he who has one more round in his magazine"

Erwin Rommel


SlikRX #38 Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 9198 battles
  • 232
  • Member since:
    07-13-2013

IMHO, the GW Panther was a big leap up in accuracy, especially with the big gun. I could not make the Hummel or Grille work for me, but I'm having decent success with my GW. (Hummel especially, was just innacurate in my hands, plus the limited ammo, )

 

That being said, when I'm driving one of my tanks, the arty I fear most is the M44. Their rate of fire, damage level, and their accuracy is jsut painful. I know the numbers on the tSPGs, and the Germans are supposed to be more accurate, but when I am annoyed by arty in my tanks, it's usually from a US arty. (maybe because there are more US arty players? I dunno)

 

And I will second, third, ... hundredth what folks are saying: play a decent number of games in arty to learn how to avoid it.

 

Yes, there are tank/map combinations that can be painful, especially if the OpFor have a good spotter and decent artrillery, but most maps have places/paths that are relatively safe. Also, it seems pretty rare nowadays to seem more than 2 arty per side. 3 still happens, but I see FAR more games with zero arty than I do with 3.



ArtyHarHar #39 Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 18119 battles
  • 7,687
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013
There is usually a direct correlation between people that complain about artillery and people that can't use them because they lack the skill needed.

                                       


De4thSt4lker206 #40 Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:57 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12065 battles
  • 8,000
  • [BEACH]
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostSlikRX, on 01 August 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

IMHO, the GW Panther was a big leap up in accuracy, especially with the big gun. I could not make the Hummel or Grille work for me, but I'm having decent success with my GW. (Hummel especially, was just innacurate in my hands, plus the limited ammo, )

 

That being said, when I'm driving one of my tanks, the arty I fear most is the M44. Their rate of fire, damage level, and their accuracy is jsut painful. I know the numbers on the tSPGs, and the Germans are supposed to be more accurate, but when I am annoyed by arty in my tanks, it's usually from a US arty. (maybe because there are more US arty players? I dunno)

 

And I will second, third, ... hundredth what folks are saying: play a decent number of games in arty to learn how to avoid it.

 

Yes, there are tank/map combinations that can be painful, especially if the OpFor have a good spotter and decent artrillery, but most maps have places/paths that are relatively safe. Also, it seems pretty rare nowadays to seem more than 2 arty per side. 3 still happens, but I see FAR more games with zero arty than I do with 3.


the opposite for me I am afraid :( the only times when there aren't 2-4 arty per team in a game I am in, the enemy have 6 heavily armored teir 10 td's......


"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users