I've finally done it!

FV215b tips

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

JSH98 #1 Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8848 battles
Well, it took a bloody long time, but I have finally go my very first tier ten, the FV215b, and... I absolutely suck in it. I can still do damage but I end up dying all the time, I may just need more games in it, but, in the meantime, anyone got useful tips for the FV215b, for a moderately good player?

All hail our Gnome Overlord, The Mighty Jingles!

My (Crappy?) Stats

http://worldoftanksxbox360edition.com/community/accounts/179611-JSH98/

Nuke2099 #2 Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23956 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostJSH98, on 29 July 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

Well, it took a bloody long time, but I have finally go my very first tier ten, the FV215b, and... I absolutely suck in it. I can still do damage but I end up dying all the time, I may just need more games in it, but, in the meantime, anyone got useful tips for the FV215b, for a moderately good player?

Try and stay hull down, if you have to sidescrape around buildings (but with that side armor....). I'm pretty sure it plays like a Conqueror, its just slightly more mobile...with the engine in the front...and turret on the back....

It does have better DPM though and better turret armor (and side armor). Its a long range sniping/support tank, never brawl in it unless you have no choice.

lQqtvt1.gif

HoodedWildKard #3 Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8085 battles
  • [BNKR]
Hopefully I should be doing the same soon, just got my conqueror and by god it's a painful grind at the stock package. :veryhappy: well done man, enjoy the tier 10.

"I hate nobody except Hitler, and that is professional" Winston Churchill.

Trolls crave our attention. Arguments or indeed any response provides them with nourishment, let them starve.

signature.png

I'm always looking for new platoon mates to play with so if you have a mic and play on xbox one, hit me up so amusing team times can ensue.

BeardedLdy #4 Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:43 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 5409 battles

Side scrapping and hull down are your best options.  Do not play peek-a-boom with this tank; rear mounted turret and easily penned armor makes it dangerous.  This tanks ideal roll is support sniping (medium range, at 400+ range becomes difficult to hit weak spots) .  183 or E3 are my personal favorites to support.  Remember when going hull down or side scrapping the right side of your turret has a weak spot.  Also the right side of your hull has the drivers port, another weak spot.  Hope this helps.

Geordie P #5 Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23040 battles

Pretend you're playing a medium... Despite the 'heavy' sticker on the side it like the Conqueror is not a front line tank like the E-75.

Its a sniper and does better at distance saying that it can brawl the mobility gives you the edge over slower turning tanks. Stick clutch braking on there and it spins like a penny.

Oh a fire extinguisher is a must on this tank as is Preventative maintenance... It goes up like a BBQ.

h

HoodedWildKard #6 Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 8085 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostGeordie P, on 31 July 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

Pretend you're playing a medium... Despite the 'heavy' sticker on the side it like the Conqueror is not a front line tank like the E-75.

Its a sniper and does better at distance saying that it can brawl the mobility gives you the edge over slower turning tanks. Stick clutch braking on there and it spins like a penny.

Oh a fire extinguisher is a must on this tank as is Preventative maintenance... It goes up like a BBQ.

there's a lot of mislabled tanks like this. Mathilda BP should be labelled a heavy and get a little armour buff. Standard Mathilda should be a heavy, T-127 needs to be a medium at least it is so solid in tier 3 games. Mine only dies to TD's arty and premium rounds.

"I hate nobody except Hitler, and that is professional" Winston Churchill.

Trolls crave our attention. Arguments or indeed any response provides them with nourishment, let them starve.

signature.png

I'm always looking for new platoon mates to play with so if you have a mic and play on xbox one, hit me up so amusing team times can ensue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users