AT-15 is sorta UP.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

CrimsonReaper76 #1 Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:28 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2999 battles
Having to rack up 46k exp for a gun that's slightly worse than the 20pdr B is kinda [edited]. Since tier 9s and 10s chew through you like termites on a wooden shack. It's incredibly hard to use this damn thing.

Earli3st Jester #2 Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:58 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 3129 battles
Use your gun arc to angle the tank. Some tier 9s can't pen you don't expect the same from high caliber tier 10s (WT E-100, FV4202).
"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week" George S. Patton

Saving people from DB's Army (the whole two soldiers he has)

Johnny Cairns #3 Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17757 battles
As above just said its gun arc allows for some crazy angling. I had trouble with this TD also and it wasn't until the last upgrade that i really learned to use it. With its rate of fire i tend to hold up choke points whare possible and when i cant i take the fight to the reds as a line breaker. Just don't get caught alone, i had a T50 run a circle of death round me once and it sucked....BAD!

VoxCalibre #4 Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10471 battles
  • [-13-]

Playing this tank well seems to rely largely on angling. At the tier it plays at you can be penetrated by a lot of the guns firing back at you if you just face them head on. I'm not sure what the maximum you can angle at with the gun is (is it 45 or 30?) but if you angle right you can take the armor thickness up from 239mm to between 276mm and 338mm at the thickest points. That's enough extra to cause a headache for people at tier 9 and some tier 10s. It's thinner at a few spots on the front but angling takes the thinner armor closer to the 239mm.

And I don't recommend using the 32 pounder. Stick with the 20 pounder type A and just grind out the type B barrel or save your xp for the tortoise. The 32 pounder loses pen for an extra 20 damage but it's no good having the extra damage if you can't penetrate so stick to the 20 pounders. It can pen tier 9s and some tier 10s. You won't be knocking off half of a tank's hp in one shot with it but you'll be a lot more use in a fight with the higher penetration. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users